DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 156, 157, 158, 159, 160
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:55 pm 
Limited Edition

Would have loved to have seen Don Bluth making a 2D animated film with Disney's support and/or the Disney label. There are plenty of projects of his that I always wanted to see like Jason and the Golden Fleece, Satyrday, and Dracula.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:15 pm 
Platinum Edition

Mark Henn debunking a myth about computer animation.

Quote:
Q: How has technology changed the way you work?

Mark Henn: The myth with computer animation, particularly, is that it makes life easier, and I would say that's a myth. You know, people think, "Oh, you just push a button and it's faster," but no, it's not faster and it's not cheaper. In fact, with the technology you have more people involved because you have to have a whole group of people that fix things when that technology breaks down.

In hand-drawn days, the worst thing that would happen is if my pencil broke, or I ran out of paper, I could go get new paper. You have all the benefits of technology and giving you tools to create, for filmmakers to be able to create worlds that would be very difficult to do in the hand-drawn world. [...] I mean, it's just different names for seemingly the same jobs in certain cases, but like I said, now you have a whole tech department that supports – it's like "Ah, I can't get this button to work!" "I'll be right there!" – so you've got that, brings a whole different group of expertise and people that fix things a lot. But it isn't any faster, necessarily, and as these things get more complicated: rendering time, it still boils down to people, and the hours it takes to get these films done.
Source: https://www.clickthecity.com/people/a/3 ... -mark-henn

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 156, 157, 158, 159, 160