Gravity Falls

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
TsWade2
Anniversary Edition

Gravity Falls

Post by TsWade2 »

There was a new cartoon from Disney Channel called Gravity Falls, and it was a awesome show! OMG! I didn't expect this to be a hit, but it did. It was hilarious. It's clever and the animation is beautiful. When I saw Mabel fighting the gnome and when Mabel kicks the gnome in the stomach, the gnome just puking rainbows and I almost fall off my chair laughing. This maybe not the cartoon I want, even though I would like to see Disney make a new tv series for Mickey Mouse and Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, but Gravity Falls is a must see cartoon. And who knows, maybe that show could be the key to Disney Channel to get rid of stupid tween sitcoms.
Last edited by TsWade2 on Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

Indeed. This the first show that has had me watching the channel on a regular basis in Years. I think I also heard this is being all being done state side well, no outsourcing. Can anyone confirm this? If it is all the more reason to support the show because we need more of that.
TsWade2
Anniversary Edition

Post by TsWade2 »

And to get Disney to create a new tv series of Mickey Mouse and friends for kid of all ages. And for Oswald the Lucky Rabbit too. :wink:
Jules
Diamond Edition

Post by Jules »

Kyle wrote:I think I also heard this is being all being done state side well, no outsourcing.
:o God I hope that's true! I'm not American, but I hate that the animation production for American TV series is done overseas in Korea or whatnot.

Mind you, I'd love to see some ORIGINAL Korean animation. I have nothing against Koreans.
DisneyDude2010
Special Edition

Post by DisneyDude2010 »

The show hasn't broadcast here in the UK yet, but I have been keeping up with it online, I find it great! The only strong point for the Channel is there animation Phineas and Ferb, Fish Hooks and this. The Sitcoms are unoriginal and just plain lazy. The old sitcoms where the best (Raven, Stevens, Lizzie, Phil, Suite Life) The middle era of (Miley, Selena, Demi) was also popular for the network, but the shows on there now..... WTF seriously they should all be axed.!
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney
Jules
Diamond Edition

Post by Jules »

I was going to ask when it will be broadcast in the UK, as I get the British Disney Channel, and you answered my question.
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

Jules wrote: :o God I hope that's true! I'm not American, but I hate that the animation production for American TV series is done overseas in Korea or whatnot.

Mind you, I'd love to see some ORIGINAL Korean animation. I have nothing against Koreans.
I went and looked it up, looks like I was wrong.

http://www.animationmagazine.net/tv/tal ... eird-side/
“There was some talk in the beginning whether we should do it in Flash or not,” he says. “I’m not an anti-Flash guy. But for the type of animation we wanted to do, hand-drawn was the way to go. The boards are done here [at Disney TV Animation studio in Glendale, Calif.] and the rest of the production is handled by Rough Draft and Emation Digital in Korea.
I could have sworn I heard that about some new show recently via comments on cartoon brew, I just can't place what it is.

Maybe it was Wander over Yonder, which Ive also heard great things about.
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

I've only seen the first 3 episodes so far, but I still really enjoyed what I've seen. I haven't liked a Disney show this much since American Dragon, which kinda feels like forever.

Mabel is such a blast. I don't see how anyone could possibly hate her, if there are even people who do.
Mayhem
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Mayhem »

I've heard good things about it, so might be able to catch it some way here...
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

DisneyDude2010 wrote:The show hasn't broadcast here in the UK yet, but I have been keeping up with it online, I find it great! The only strong point for the Channel is there animation Phineas and Ferb, Fish Hooks and this.
:|

And from what I heard on various commentaries, animators in korea are not trained to creatively interpret. They build their entire careers merely off of doing someone else's shows. It would be hard for many Korean animators to start making their own series.
TsWade2
Anniversary Edition

Post by TsWade2 »

But that's not all. Remember we heard that Disney Channel also has another cartoon coming up soon called Wander Over Yonder? It was created by none other than Craig McCracken the creator of Powerpuff Girls and Foster's Home of Imaginary Friends. He's also the director of Dexter's Laboratory. I just found a sneak peek clip of that show and it looks awesome. Take a look:

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZgX839ftKO8" frameborder="0"></iframe>
Semaj
Anniversary Edition

Re: Gravity Falls A Must See TV Show

Post by Semaj »

TsWade2 wrote:There was a new cartoon from Disney Channel called Gravity Falls, and it was a awesome show! OMG! I didn't expect this to be a hit, but it did. It was hilarious. It's clever and the animation is beautiful. When I saw Mabel fighting the gnome and when Mabel kicks the gnome in the stomach, the gnome just puking rainbows and I almost fall off my chair laughing. This maybe not the cartoon I want, even though I would like to see Disney make a new tv series for Mickey Mouse and Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, but Gravity Falls is a must see cartoon. And who knows, maybe that show could be the key to Disney Channel to get rid of stupid tween sitcoms.
Here's hoping.

It's very impressive that Disney is now attracting CalArt folk whom had long-established careers at Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network. The closest they got to any Nicktoon or Cartoon Cartoon program was their One Saturday Morning lineup from the late 1990s.
"OH COME ON, REALLY?!?!"
jazzflower92
Anniversary Edition

Post by jazzflower92 »

TsWade2 wrote:But that's not all. Remember we heard that Disney Channel also has another cartoon coming up soon called Wander Over Yonder? It was created by none other than Craig McCracken the creator of Powerpuff Girls and Foster's Home of Imaginary Friends. He's also the director of Dexter's Laboratory. I just found a sneak peek clip of that show and it looks awesome. Take a look:

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZgX839ftKO8" frameborder="0"></iframe>
If this show becomes as popular as Gravity Falls then I hope it does get Disney to finally let go of obnoxious tween sictoms.And do what they do best which is cartoons.Although I still think they should have some live action shows on.But they must have appeal to all ages and not just the tween crowd.By that I mean writers who actually care about what they are puting out there.
Alphapanchito
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Alphapanchito »

I really love the theme song. Like a lot. The show is pretty awesome too.

Not to mention these guys are totally in love.

I probably prefer it to phineas and ferb. I just hope it really does mean more quality animated television on DC. Anything is better than Austin and Aly.
TsWade2
Anniversary Edition

Post by TsWade2 »

Alphapanchito wrote:I really love the theme song. Like a lot. The show is pretty awesome too.

Not to mention these guys are totally in love.

I probably prefer it to phineas and ferb. I just hope it really does mean more quality animated television on DC. Anything is better than Austin and Aly.
Agreed. Austin and Ally looks kind of dorky.
thelittleursula
Anniversary Edition

Post by thelittleursula »

I tried a few episodes and I didn't really like it much. Disney did so many better with cartoons in the 90's. They can do so much better than this.

It felt rather silly and Dreamwork-ish.
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

I had to find "Gravity Falls" on On Demand because they aren't showing any new episodes currently on Disney Channel.

I found all eight episodes and watched them in order from first to eighth and I love this series, even a little more than Phineas and Ferb, except they don't have a Perry or the great music.

Dipper and Mabel are really good, and I especially like their Uncle Stan. He is a real 'doofus' and lightens the show immensely.

Favorite episode so far is one where Dipper tries to go back in time so that he gets the girl and not his nemesis. I found the episode to be one of the funniest if not original and I really like it a lot.

If you have On Demand on Cable or Satellite system just go to the Disney Channel, it is free and all of the episodes are shown commercial free.
The only way to watch movies - Original Aspect Ratio!!!!
I LOVE my Blu-Ray Disc Player!
TsWade2
Anniversary Edition

Post by TsWade2 »

I also like this guy! The lil' ol' him!

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/L3Bvk5fGUGI?rel=0" frameborder="0"></iframe>
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

thelittleursula wrote:I tried a few episodes and I didn't really like it much. Disney did so many better with cartoons in the 90's. They can do so much better than this.

It felt rather silly and Dreamwork-ish.
For one, Dreamworks doesnt do a whole lot of this(for their movies anyway, Havent seen enough of the TV shows)

Secondly, I refer you to this. A topic that I started.
http://www.dvdizzy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30249
thelittleursula
Anniversary Edition

Post by thelittleursula »

^ Oh I was about to come in to say that I watched a few more episodes and I love it.

I don't know if I criticized it because it was new, but it took me a while to warm up to it and get into it. Some things take time for some people in my opinion. :)