Gravity Falls

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
estefan
Platinum Edition

Re: Gravity Falls A Must See TV Show

Post by estefan »

Well, Disney has already ordered a second season and I think it's popular enough to go on for as long as Alex Hirsch wants it to. With both Gravity Falls and Wander Over Yonder, I do think Disney Channel is starting to gain back that older audience they lost with their emphasis on tween sitcoms.
"There are two wolves and they are always fighting. One is darkness and despair. The other is light and hope. Which wolf wins? Whichever one you feed." - Casey Newton, Tomorrowland
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

estefan wrote:Well, Disney has already ordered a second season and I think it's popular enough to go on for as long as Alex Hirsch wants it to. With both Gravity Falls and Wander Over Yonder, I do think Disney Channel is starting to gain back that older audience they lost with their emphasis on tween sitcoms.
I'd say if that's the case, it's working, because I haven't watched anything on a regular basis on Disney Channel for a couple years outside a few episodes Phineas and Ferb
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
TsWade2
Anniversary Edition

Post by TsWade2 »

Great news, everyone! Alex Hirsh the creator of Gravity Falls just announce that season 2 of Gravity Falls will premiere in Summer 2014. WHEE! :dance:
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

TsWade2
Anniversary Edition

Post by TsWade2 »

Great news, everyone! Alex Hirsh the creator of Gravity Falls just announce that season 2 of Gravity Falls will premiere in August 1st premiering on Disney XD! WHEE! :pink:
TsWade2
Anniversary Edition

Post by TsWade2 »

BwayJ
Gold Classic Collection

Post by BwayJ »

Ian Worrel is one of this year's recipients of the Individual Achievement in Animation Award at the Emmys for his Art Direction of
"Dreamscaperers."
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Well it's been a fun ride. sad to see it's ending. however it's not because Disney Channel is cancelling it, instead it's the creator's decision to give us a conclusion. At least that comforts me quite a bit.

Though to be honest I kinda suspected the next episode would be the last given what's happened.

Gravity Falls Is Ending This Season
http://comicbook.com/2015/11/21/gravity ... is-season/

[quoteThe second season of Gravity Falls will be its last. Fortunately, it's not coming to an end because a merciless network decided to pull the plug. The creator of the series made the decision to bring the series to a close and give fans a real ending to the show.

On Friday, creator Alex Hirsch announced on his official Tumblr blog that the final two episodes of Season 2 will be the final two episodes of the series.

"The first thing to know is that the show isn’t being cancelled- it’s being finished. This is 100% my choice, and its something I decided on a very long time ago," wrote Hirsch. "I always designed Gravity Falls to be a finite series about one epic summer- a series with a beginning, middle, and end. There are so many shows that go on endlessly until they lose their original spark, or mysteries that are cancelled before they ever get a chance to payoff."

Hirsch added, "But I wanted Gravity Falls to have a mystery that had a real answer, an adventure that had a real climax, and an ending that had a real conclusion for the characters I care so much about. This is very unusual in television and a pretty big experiment, and Disney for their part has been enormously supportive."][/quote]

Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Wow, as often as I'd heard of GF, I thought it was in its third or fourth season. I might try to sit down and watch the whole thing since it's so short.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Semaj
Anniversary Edition

Post by Semaj »

Guess it's not that surprising, seeing as how they're chronologically at the end of summer anyways.

Many animated series go on FAR longer than they ever should, and at what cost? Dozens of poor episodes over several good ones? Then there are the series that are cancelled before they ever truly get off the ground, and are not as lucky as say, Futurama to get a second try. But then in extreme cases such as Family Guy, it begets the former problem.

All that said, Alex Hirsch is making a very wise decision.
"OH COME ON, REALLY?!?!"
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Oh it looks like tomorrow's episode isn't the final one. The last episodes are going to air sometime in 2016

http://nerdist.com/gravity-falls-will-e ... arly-2016/

Disney's Divinity

I watched some of this this morning. The show’s always being raved over online, but I guess I’m suspect of most children’s shows today (and especially anything on the Disney Channel, which is 97% trash). To be completely honest, the main reason I wrote this off was because the show is hideous to me. I know there are a lot of shows that look like this out there. I'm not going to put down the artists or anything, but I always find this look to be disgusting for whatever reason.

Anyway, the episodes I saw were the unicorn episode and Weirdmageddon Parts 1 and 2. The unicorn episode was hilarious and the latter surprised me (in a good way) with how horrific it was (reminded me of Over the Garden Wall, another cartoon that I find visually unappealing, but is worth watching). I know these episodes are from near the end of the show, but it made me understand what people are always talking about with this series. Thankfully this gets aired pretty often throughout the day on Disney XD, so it won’t take me long to view the series as a whole (even if it’ll be out-of-order).
Sotiris

Re: Gravity Falls

Post by Sotiris »

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

^ That was super cute and funny!!! It's cool that Disney still does new things with the show even though there aren't new episodes.
Patricier21
Special Edition

Post by Patricier21 »

If anyone could please let me know Gravity Falls will stop airing on Disney XDD Canada would be truly gratefully appreciated :)
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

‘Gravity Falls’ Creator Alex Hirsch Reveals Language, Scene Edits Handed Down by Disney’s Standards & Practices
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv ... 235166822/
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
blackcauldron85

""Not approved by S&P" has been approved by S&P." Oh boy, that made me laugh. Those were pretty ridiculous. "Chub Pup," really? I'm a huge animal lover but they really needed the Disney Animal committee or whoever the person was to approve a cartoon monkey going through a basketball hoop??! This was super insightful, thanks for posting it!!
Disney's Divinity

That part about "tip" was crazy.

The one that made me laugh though was: "It's come to our attention that hoo-ha is slang for vagina." Only recently learned this? Who hasn't heard that word before? :lol:
blackcauldron85

Imagineer Pitched ‘Gravity Falls’ Mystery Shack Attraction for Disneyland Park
https://wdwnt.com/?p=838158