Movies Anywhere

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Jules
Diamond Edition

Re: Disney Movies Anywhere - Available now!

Post by Jules »

Wow. Thanks stevemcqueen for enlightening me! What a well-written reply! :)
Matt
Anniversary Edition

Post by Matt »

Star Wars is up for pre-order!

Just not (A New Hope) for some reason lol.
They have it listed but it says currently not available on Disney Movies Anywhere.
I don't get that one but ok.

They will released April 10th. :)
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

Matt wrote:Star Wars is up for pre-order!

They have it listed but it says currently not available on Disney Movies Anywhere.

Because ANH (unlike the others) was a Fox co-production and as a result, Fox owns the film.

ANH will be UltraViolet btw.
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

Mickeyfan1990 wrote:
Matt wrote:Star Wars is up for pre-order!

Because ANH (unlike the others) was a Fox co-production and as a result, Fox owns the film.

ANH will be UltraViolet btw.
Oh, come on! Empire and Return of the Jedi are distributed by Fox, too! What makes THEM an exception?! :evil:
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

DisneyJedi wrote: Oh, come on! Empire and Return of the Jedi are distributed by Fox, too! What makes THEM an exception?! :evil:
Because V, VI, I, II, and III were made solely by Lucasfilm and own them, Fox just distributed them (you should go over to the Blu-ray.com forums because there's such a discussion about this! :P ) and because of this, Disney owns them now by default. It also seems other than streaming rights now, Fox still owns distribution for those films til May 2020 (less a miracle happens and they keep permanent distribution to them with them already permanently owning IV).
Matt
Anniversary Edition

Post by Matt »

A New Hope will be available as well today, it just won't be able to cynic to Disney Movies Anywhere do to Fox still owning that movie. So that explains it lol. Didn't know that. I'm surprised Disney didn't try and buy that movie out.
RyGuy
Special Edition

Post by RyGuy »

You can now link your Amazon Instant Video account to Disney Movies Anywhere and your Microsoft account as well (not sure what that last one is, but saw the option).

Looks like they are giving a free copy of Monsters, Inc. for linking your account.

(On a side note, I'm really glad I took a chance and bought Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs on Amazon Instant Video a few weeks back when they unexpectedly offered it for sale).
Matt
Anniversary Edition

Post by Matt »

RyGuy wrote:You can now link your Amazon Instant Video account to Disney Movies Anywhere and your Microsoft account as well (not sure what that last one is, but saw the option).

Looks like they are giving a free copy of Monsters, Inc. for linking your account.

(On a side note, I'm really glad I took a chance and bought Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs on Amazon Instant Video a few weeks back when they unexpectedly offered it for sale).
It's not available anymore? :(
RyGuy
Special Edition

Post by RyGuy »

Matt wrote:
RyGuy wrote:You can now link your Amazon Instant Video account to Disney Movies Anywhere and your Microsoft account as well (not sure what that last one is, but saw the option).

It's not available anymore? :(
No. I think it may have been a mistake that it was available at all. Kind of hoping they make a similar mistake with Beauty and the Beast and Fantasia/Fantasia 2000!
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

After reading all the posts regarding The Complete Star Wars Collection I am so glad that I have done the VUDU as opposed to Amazon and the others out there. Got all six films for $79.99 and haven't happier with the quality of the movies. Also got a nice discount on the pre-order of Star Wars The Force Awakens.
The only way to watch movies - Original Aspect Ratio!!!!
I LOVE my Blu-Ray Disc Player!
Matt
Anniversary Edition

Post by Matt »

Posting this here too because Disney Movies Anywhere is connected with Amazon. :)
Matt wrote:Return Of Jafar is available on Amazon on Digital HD! :D :up: That's so weird. I am wondering if I would wait though for the Blu-Ray combo pack. Hmmm. :?
stevemcqueen
Gold Classic Collection

Post by stevemcqueen »

Matt wrote:Posting this here too because Disney Movies Anywhere is connected with Amazon. :)
Matt wrote:Return Of Jafar is available on Amazon on Digital HD! :D :up: That's so weird. I am wondering if I would wait though for the Blu-Ray combo pack. Hmmm. :?
Yes, today (September 29th) is the digital release date for all 3 Aladdin movies, they're available on all digital platforms now.
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney Duster »

I recently contacted Disney Movies Anywhere using this address: https://www.disneymoviesanywhere.com/contact

How do I get a message back from them? Will they message me back into my account? Should I have put my email address in my message to them?

EDIT: They emailed me back! No problem here!
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Disney announces DisneyLife
http://thedisneyblog.com/2015/10/22/dis ... isneylife/
Bob Iger and the Walt Disney Company have announced a new streaming service and app. The streaming service called DisneyLife will be accessed via a dedicated app on mobile devices such as tablets and smartphones and will also be available on smart TV streaming boxes like the new Apple TV...It was announced that Disney Life will launch exclusively in the UK next month. Disney will be quickly expanding to other countries in 2016 and has a goal of bringing the service to France, Spain, Italy and Germany within the next year...
Jules
Diamond Edition

Post by Jules »

Disney wrote:It was announced that Disney Life will launch exclusively in the UK next month. Disney will be quickly expanding to other countries in 2016 and has a goal of bringing the service to France, Spain, Italy and Germany within the next year...
Thank you for the news, Amy! :-)

Now wouldn't it be nice if they made my country eligible for this as well, along with the UK and Ireland? Probably not gonna happen though. :roll: That's the price you pay for a living in an unimportant/insignificant European country.
Matt
Anniversary Edition

Post by Matt »

So there is a huge sale on Disney animal animated movies and I want them all! My thing is will Disney re-release all of them with an HD Digtal copy? Like they are doing with Alice in wonderland and Dumbo. However, I won't be buying them because I bought the HD Digital copies already and they are recycled Blu-rays so it makes no sense to buy them lol.
What are your thoughts guys? So confused!
stevemcqueen
Gold Classic Collection

Post by stevemcqueen »

I'm in the same boat. But I'd say there's a pretty good chance they'll re-release these as DMC exclusives with digital copies. If they do, it will actually be cheaper to order them, use the digital copies and sell the discs. The prices of these sales ($12.99-$14.99) just aren't appealing enough. If these were around $7, I'd bite.
Matt
Anniversary Edition

Post by Matt »

stevemcqueen wrote:I'm in the same boat. But I'd say there's a pretty good chance they'll re-release these as DMC exclusives with digital copies. If they do, it will actually be cheaper to order them, use the digital copies and sell the discs. The prices of these sales ($12.99-$14.99) just aren't appealing enough. If these were around $7, I'd bite.
But I already own the discs so it be too much to do all of that. And what are the odds if they would release them this year? It seems pretty dry. :(
Matt
Anniversary Edition

Post by Matt »

stevemcqueen wrote:I'm in the same boat. But I'd say there's a pretty good chance they'll re-release these as DMC exclusives with digital copies. If they do, it will actually be cheaper to order them, use the digital copies and sell the discs. The prices of these sales ($12.99-$14.99) just aren't appealing enough. If these were around $7, I'd bite.
I caved and got them all lol ugh. Glad I had some iTunes credit. :D :up:
stevemcqueen
Gold Classic Collection

Post by stevemcqueen »

Matt wrote:
I caved and got them all lol ugh. Glad I had some iTunes credit. :D :up:
lol I'm surprised at myself that I managed to resist :D :up: