The Disney Movie Rewards Discussion & Info Thread Vol. 4

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
TheSequelOfDisney
Signature Collection

Post by TheSequelOfDisney »

Thanks for the code, cityguy! :pink:
The Divulgations of One Desmond Leica: http://desmondleica.wordpress.com/
DrnknMstr2

Post by DrnknMstr2 »

Has anyone gotten the Disney Blu-ray And DVD "Flip File" offered for 2000 pts?
My shelf is being over run with discs and with the new flood of Disney flicks coming out over the remainder of this year I am going to need the space.
Is this practical?
Nice looking?
SpaceAce
Gold Classic Collection

Post by SpaceAce »

Got my shipping notice for the Brave poster I redeemed for on Saturday! :)
SpaceAce
Gold Classic Collection

Post by SpaceAce »

Well, got my Brave poster today. Shipping tube had a bend in it so there is a giant crease thru the poster. Oh and whoever packed it put the cap on over the side of the poster so the side is messed up also. So disappointing. :(
KACENAID
Gold Classic Collection

Post by KACENAID »

^That's unfortunate. That is precisely why I don't bother redeeming for posters from DMR. Too many people receive them damaged in one way or another. Sure there are a couple here and there that get them in fine shape, but it seems to be more popular to receive them damaged, which is not good.
SpaceAce
Gold Classic Collection

Post by SpaceAce »

I have ordered five other posters in the past and this is the first one that has arrived this damaged. All the others arrived fine except for POTC: On Stranger Tides and the only damage to that was that the cap for the tube was put on over the poster so it has some damage to the side.

Penny from the DMR Facebook page asked me to message her my email so hopefully she will help me out. :)
DisneyDude2010
Special Edition

Post by DisneyDude2010 »

Today I ordered Lion King (Blu Ray) I was torn between TLK and BatB movies but I eventually went for The Lion King :)
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney
AladdinFan
Special Edition

Post by AladdinFan »

cityguy wrote:Bonus code M1D17NF74NDA for 50 points on your next magic code, expires 7/15/12. That's the third one this month -- thanks DMR, and the people who shared them!

Only this time, as reported on other sites (and I've verified it myself now, too), you get 50 points added to your account instantly after entering this code. No need to enter a separate code from a movie or CD, although you'll get those 50 points, too, if you have one.
So your saying that once you entered that code you get 50 points instantly. If you entered a DVD, Blu-ray, or CD code you get another 50 points?
So that's 100 free points?
KACENAID
Gold Classic Collection

Post by KACENAID »

^That is correct. 50 bonus points just for putting the bonus code in, and another 50 bonus points after you put your next Blu-ray/DVD/CD code in as long as it's before the expiration date (100 bonus points total).
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

Thanks to the double points on Treasure Planet and Home on the Range, it bumped me up to 15078 points - enough for the Disney Studios Tour for 4! :D

However, don't know if I want to go thru all the hassles of finding all the POPs and I don't know when I'll be heading down south to go to Disneyland anytime in the near future. Guess I'll just redeem for some of the yellow-bordered DMC DVDs. Lots of points still on the way with all the other releases this year. 8)
Alphapanchito
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Alphapanchito »

That's nice. They're doing this again. And apparently, a new deal every monday.

I just redeemed it. Last time they did this during the holiday season some people people got pretty good dvds, i remember someone even got a disney treasures dvd, so I took the chance for 150 points.
lordshadow

Post by lordshadow »

If anyone missed it they are doing the Feel Like a Million contest again on Facebook.

I redeemed for my mystery DVD. It can not possibly be worse than the CD I got. Can it?
Alphapanchito
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Alphapanchito »

lordshadow wrote:If anyone missed it they are doing the Feel Like a Million contest again on Facebook.

I redeemed for my mystery DVD. It can not possibly be worse than the CD I got. Can it?

Haha I hope not. I got a Cheetah Girls CD on that promotion.
TheSequelOfDisney
Signature Collection

Post by TheSequelOfDisney »

Alphapanchito wrote:I just redeemed it. Last time they did this during the holiday season some people people got pretty good dvds, i remember someone even got a disney treasures dvd, so I took the chance for 150 points.
Where is this on DMR? I can't seem to find it and I'd like to redeem it.

EDIT: Never mind. I decided to enter the sweepstakes again and then the offer showed up. I hope I get a good one; and since 150 points isn't really that much, what could I lose?
The Divulgations of One Desmond Leica: http://desmondleica.wordpress.com/
KACENAID
Gold Classic Collection

Post by KACENAID »

I also took the chance on the Mystery DVD. I figured why not, it's just a little more than a standard Blu-ray code value wise, and even if it's a terrible title, it doesn't put a huge dent in my points.
lordshadow

Post by lordshadow »

Alphapanchito wrote:
lordshadow wrote:If anyone missed it they are doing the Feel Like a Million contest again on Facebook.

Haha I hope not. I got a Cheetah Girls CD on that promotion.
I got an Arron Carter Karaoke CD from that. I do not think they make any DVDS worst than that.
Gurgi30
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Gurgi30 »

I noticed last night that the Donald Duck Ranger Costume WDCC was 1,500 points and was all set to redeem for it since I finally had the points. I got distracted and went on to get it at 6:00 this morning and it's gone. I've been wanting that reward for a long time now and it's now gone. Ugh, doesn't help that there isn't anything else that remotely interests me and hasn't for a long time. Any chance it will come back or is it gone forever?
estefan
Platinum Edition

Post by estefan »

Well, that was redeemed out quickly.

Oh, well. Maybe it was for the best. I likely would have gotten something stupid like Beverly Hills Chihuahua or something.
"There are two wolves and they are always fighting. One is darkness and despair. The other is light and hope. Which wolf wins? Whichever one you feed." - Casey Newton, Tomorrowland
cityguy
Gold Classic Collection

Post by cityguy »

Enter code M1D172HD8U4K for 50 bonus points on your next magic code, expires 8/1. This follows the previous code for 50 points that expires in a few days (7/15)... but this time there's no extra 50 points upfront!
Gurgi30 wrote:I noticed last night that the Donald Duck Ranger Costume WDCC was 1,500 points and was all set to redeem for it since I finally had the points. I got distracted and went on to get it at 6:00 this morning and it's gone. I've been wanting that reward for a long time now and it's now gone. Ugh, doesn't help that there isn't anything else that remotely interests me and hasn't for a long time. Any chance it will come back or is it gone forever?
I noticed this yesterday as well, although fortunately I ordered mine on Saturday after topping up my account. I didn't think it was at risk of disappearing so soon, even though it originally sold out at a higher price (2,150 points). No "quantities limited" warning or anything this time.

I also noticed that when you google "Happy Camper" now, you only get the old DMR reward page, with the old price and "out of stock" status. Before, you got two separate search results when you did this -- the old page, and the new one that had almost the same URL (but with an extra number tacked on the end).
Jules
Diamond Edition

Post by Jules »

I've been accumulating DMR points for the last 12 months or so, from both American and UK Blu-ray releases. Since I cannot redeem them due to my geographical location, can I, er ... do anything with them?

Can they translate into, um ... monetary gain? :P