The Disney Movie Rewards Discussion & Info Thread Vol. 4

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Re: The Disney Movie Rewards Discussion & Info Thread Vol. 4

Post by unprincess »

I got it too. I wonder if they are thinking of phasing out the rewards. Honestly all I ever bought with it were gift cards of which their arent any right now. :(
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

I got the same e-mail too. I happen to have Disney Movie Rewards customer service phone number. I'm going to give them a call tomorrow. If you guys want to ask them too this is their phone number. They open at 9:30 am central time tomorrow.

866-246-8646

EDIT: Disney Movie Reward's Facebook page just posted this 35 minutes ago

Dear Friends,
We are aware that some of you received an email alerting you that your points are about to expire. We are looking into the matter and will provide an update to all affected guests as soon as possible.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Disney Movie Rewards
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
TheSequelOfDisney
Signature Collection

Post by TheSequelOfDisney »

Avaitor wrote:The weird thing is that a lot of people commented on a random post on their Facebook last night about this, asking why DMR sent this email. And so far, they have promptly ignored this.

Huh.
They posted something a bit ago saying that they're aware of what happened, but there wasn't anything more than that. Just a "stay tuned."
The Divulgations of One Desmond Leica: http://desmondleica.wordpress.com/
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

Thanks for the alert. Checked my email and I got the message too. Odd as I just redeemed the code for Aladdin just last week. Hopefully there's a remedy. I would order something if there was something worth ordering, but the prizes suck right now. I got more than enough for the studios tour, but don't want to go through the hassle of getting all the proof of purchases, and, I'm not planning to go on vacation anywhere until I got a new job. Holding off on some new Star Wars rewards, that is, if they hopefully get some in the next few weeks in the run up to Episode 7. Would be nice if they put up the Spherio BB-8.
Jc

Post by Jc »

Hey, I received the infamous email about points expiration too.

However just half an hour ago I got another one explaining that it was a mistake.

"On November 21, 2015, you may have inadvertently received an email from Disney Movie Rewards about points expiration. This email was sent in error. Please know that your account is currently active, and no action is needed from you at this time. "

Probably, everybody else got it too.
"Carpe Diem, Seize The Day!"
"Awesome! Totally awesome!" - Jeff Spicoli, Surfer Extraordinaire
chadhobbick
Gold Classic Collection

Post by chadhobbick »

I got the "mistake" email just now, and it seems like what they aren't saying, (or what i'm reading into it) is the email was sent out early in error. They never once said it was fraudulent or anything, which makes my suspicions seem more likely that they are eventually going to phase out the DMR program.

I think the fact that they are switched to making points for cds only available if you purchase through a Disney connected store leads me to believe that you will only be able to get points for whatever program they go w/ in the future if you purchase a movie through DMA or iTunes or whatever digital based service.

I know it's not really funny, but if you go to the Facebook page for DMR, you see the angry people who decided to just redeem their points immediately instead of waiting to for DMR to actually respond to see if the email was fraudulent or not. Some want their orders cancelled and the points put back into their accounts, and others want their points back as well as the items they redeemed. I have noticed that there are a lot of items no longer available, so i'm guessing quite a few decided to redeem all their points over the weekend. Oh well...
I find you pompous, judgemental, and completely self-absorbed.........would you be my friend?
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Did anyone get the third e-mail from them, "A Surprise Is Waiting." I opened the e-mail, but I'm hesitant to click any links they give. I'm still skeptical they weren't hacked or something along those lines...
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

Has the Captain America Civil War poster showed up yet on DMR? :D
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

It's December. No 25 Days of Christmas this year? There's no mention on the DMR Facebook page.
Nala
Anniversary Edition

Post by Nala »

disneyboy20022 wrote:I got the same e-mail too. I happen to have Disney Movie Rewards customer service phone number. I'm going to give them a call tomorrow. If you guys want to ask them too this is their phone number. They open at 9:30 am central time tomorrow.

866-246-8646

EDIT: Disney Movie Reward's Facebook page just posted this 35 minutes ago

Dear Friends,
We are aware that some of you received an email alerting you that your points are about to expire. We are looking into the matter and will provide an update to all affected guests as soon as possible.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Disney Movie Rewards
Got this message on November 23, 2015.

Dear Friends,

On November 21, 2015, you may have inadvertently received an email from Disney Movie Rewards about points expiration. This email was sent in error. Please know that your account is currently active, and no action is needed from you at this time.

To ensure points on your account are current and active, please log into your account at http://www.DisneyMovieRewards.com, and select "My DMR" from the navigation bar at the top of the page. For more information on how to keep your account and point balance active, be sure to review our Terms & Conditions, Section F.5.

If you still have questions or concerns, please visit DisneyStudiosHelp.com, contact us via email, or call us at 866-246-8646 Monday through Friday from 9:30 AM to 6:30 PM Central time. Please note we are closed for the holiday November 26-27, 2015.

Your Friends At,

Disney Movie Rewards
My Growing DVD Collection!

http://www.invelos.com/DVDCollection.aspx/Pocahontas

Disneyland Trips: 09/87, 12/08

Walt Disney World Trips: 09/08, 12/09, 06/11, 09/14

Knott's Berry Farm: 09/87, 12/08
Matt
Anniversary Edition

Post by Matt »

Barbossa wrote:It's December. No 25 Days of Christmas this year? There's no mention on the DMR Facebook page.
No unfortunately. They are being cheap this year. :(
PixarFan2006
Signature Collection

Post by PixarFan2006 »

After the poor reception with this year's 13 Days of Halloween, they probably don't want to bother with holiday promos anymore.
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

Matt wrote:
Barbossa wrote:It's December. No 25 Days of Christmas this year? There's no mention on the DMR Facebook page.
No unfortunately. They are being cheap this year. :(
Time to head to the DMR office, and wish them Merry Christmas Clarke Griswold style...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_l1-mXNNsk4[/youtube]
Matt
Anniversary Edition

Post by Matt »

It doesn't feel the same this year without it lol. I always look forward to the 25 Days Of Christmas. :(
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

Star Wars Force Awakens poster is up for 1000 points. I just ordered mine! 8) :D (It's under "New Rewards" not Star Wars)

Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Matt wrote:It doesn't feel the same this year without it lol. I always look forward to the 25 Days Of Christmas. :(
I agree, it's a little annoying. What with making CDs only bought from the Disney Music Emporium available for points and the lack of free points at holidays, it could take a decade before I could get anything else from this website. :lol:
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

Another Star Wars reward added, A Force Awakens pin for 395 points.
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

The Star Wars poster is... gone! Mine shipped though. Should arrive hopefully before Christmas.
Matt
Anniversary Edition

Post by Matt »

Barbossa wrote:Another Star Wars reward added, A Force Awakens pin for 395 points.
Is the pin gone too?
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Matt wrote:
Barbossa wrote:Another Star Wars reward added, A Force Awakens pin for 395 points.
Is the pin gone too?
Yeah I'm pretty sure it's gone. I do know I got mine, but yeah I just checked, it's gone.
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx