The Disney Movie Rewards Discussion & Info Thread Vol. 4

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
imthewalrus79

Re: The Disney Movie Rewards Discussion & Info Thread Vol. 4

Post by imthewalrus79 »

Has anyone ever redeemed a reward where they've asked for verification? If so, what do they look for to confirm that you have the codes and/or movies that they want you to confirm? I haven't had anything I've really wanted to cash any points in for and realize that I'm not that far off from having enough to do the Disney Studio Tour. But, having not planned to save up for this originally, I haven't made sure to keep my code sheets with their movies. If anyone has gone through the process and could explain what they look for and how you go through it, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

Is it just me or do the prizes kinda stink on DMR. Not a great selection. Last decent thing I got was the Star Wars Force Awakens poster.
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

^Ive never cared for much of the stuff they had. I already have most of the films I want they offer and the only other thing I have use for is gift cards. I was about to get another Disney Store gift card last week but seems that after 3 cards they no longer let you get another of the same card. So I might get a Starbucks card or just get movie money instead.
zackisthewalrus
Anniversary Edition

Post by zackisthewalrus »

Anybody else having trouble viewing the DMR webpage? Anytime I try to view it and sign in, it refreshes every 5 seconds or so and I'm unable to actually do anything.
"No day but today."
My YouTube Channel
Maerj
Collector's Edition

Post by Maerj »

zackisthewalrus wrote:Anybody else having trouble viewing the DMR webpage? Anytime I try to view it and sign in, it refreshes every 5 seconds or so and I'm unable to actually do anything.

haven't ben able to log in for days there. I told them on Facebook, others have as well, and they just tell you to clear out your cookies.
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

Civil War posters are up. I just ordered mine. 8)
Maerj
Collector's Edition

Post by Maerj »

unprincess wrote:^Ive never cared for much of the stuff they had. I already have most of the films I want they offer and the only other thing I have use for is gift cards. I was about to get another Disney Store gift card last week but seems that after 3 cards they no longer let you get another of the same card. So I might get a Starbucks card or just get movie money instead.
How long does it take to get the gift cards after you order them?
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

I cant remember, been a while since I ordered the last one, which was for the Disney Store, but I dont think it was fast, you'll probably have to wait a couple weeks.
Maerj
Collector's Edition

Post by Maerj »

unprincess wrote:I cant remember, been a while since I ordered the last one, which was for the Disney Store, but I dont think it was fast, you'll probably have to wait a couple weeks.
Okay, thanks!
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

Went to redeem my 1135 points to see if there was anything new I could use them for. Turns out I missed an email telling me I had to redeem them or loose all my points... well I lost all my points. :x This is the 2nd time I loose my points. The first time it was just b/c I hadn't logged in for a while, now it was just b/c I simply hadnt redeemed them. I think thats pretty crappy, there's no reason why anyone should loose their points to begin with. Doesn't help that their offerings are so poor and they give you a limit on how may DS gift cards you can get. Kinda makes me just wanna quit the program. Im not buying that many Disney movies these days anyway...
ce1ticmoon
Gold Classic Collection

Post by ce1ticmoon »

unprincess wrote:Went to redeem my 1135 points to see if there was anything new I could use them for. Turns out I missed an email telling me I had to redeem them or loose all my points... well I lost all my points. :x This is the 2nd time I loose my points. The first time it was just b/c I hadn't logged in for a while, now it was just b/c I simply hadnt redeemed them. I think thats pretty crappy, there's no reason why anyone should loose their points to begin with. Doesn't help that their offerings are so poor and they give you a limit on how may DS gift cards you can get. Kinda makes me just wanna quit the program. Im not buying that many Disney movies these days anyway...
I didn't know the points could expire! You should try contacting them and see if they could reinstate them. Always worth a shot....

I recently ordered the exclusive Eric Tan Snow White poster:

http://www.disneymovierewards.go.com/re ... c-tan-8338
https://www.instagram.com/p/BF7A77QE84B ... erictanart

Waiting for it to arrive... I've had some bad luck with posters from DMR in the past (their packing is atrocious), so I'm hoping this arrives in tact....
ce1ticmoon
Gold Classic Collection

Post by ce1ticmoon »

My Snow White poster arrived today. Fortunately, it arrived in pretty good condition. It was pretty loose in the tube, but at least it had both end-caps in tact (and they were actually taped on!). (Yes, I once received a poster where the tube was missing an end-cap!) So it had some slight dents on the side, but fortunately the paper is pretty thick, so the damage wasn't too severe, and I was able to remedy it so it now looks pretty much in mint condition. It's a nice little poster, and I'm happy with it, even though it cost more points than most of the posters available through DMR.
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

^Im glad you got your poster in decent condition! I got a Disney hardcover art book from Amazon once that was crammed into a tiny box and ended up getting its its cover's corners crushed! fortunately they did send a replacement, but why did they even think that book was gonna get to me in good condition in the first place?! :roll:

so I contacted them about my missing points: no surprise, I got a replay email with some copypasta expired points thing:

Thank you for your email regarding your missing points.

We regret to inform you the points on your account have expired due to inactivity for a period of 210 days. As indicated in the Terms and Conditions Section F.5.; Any Points remaining in an Enrollee's Account which has remained inactive for a period of two hundred and ten (210) consecutive days or more will be forfeited without compensation.

To prevent your points from expiring in the future, please make sure that you collect or redeem points on your account at least once every 210 consecutive days.

and it goes on with the usual corporate speak...

meh, still dont think points should ever expire...whatever.
ce1ticmoon
Gold Classic Collection

Post by ce1ticmoon »

Amazon (and, well, most online retailers, honestly) have terrible packing, unfortunately. I buy hardcover books from Amazon once in a while, and I'm always biting my nails as to how they will arrive. They're usually flopping around in the box, so its no wonder that they're never in great condition. But unless it is truly mangled, I've come to accept that that's just the way it is, honestly.... A lot titles can't be found in brick and mortar stores, and if they are, they usually go for full retail price. Online is the only option for so many products nowadays, but it's too bad so many online retailers have so little care for how they ship the item to their customers. To be sure, I'm probably one of the more anal ones in this respect, but I feel standards should be a bit higher.

I'm sorry to hear that they were unwilling to do anything about your points. I know its policy, but some places are willing to make exceptions and make an extra effort to make their customers happy. I agree that the policy on points expiring seems unnecessary. :|
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Some tips on how not to let the points expire (I agree it's stupid as well) If you are signed up for the monthly Disney Movie Rewards e-mail you can get 5 points within the e-mail. Doing that counts as adding points to your account for the months that go by that you might not entered a code from a movie. Also, Disney Movie Rewards is also letting people link their account with Fandango. I love it because I don't have to fiddle with taking pictures of ticket stubs and uploading them on the computer. If you order 3 tickets from Fandango. You'll have 50 points per ticket deposited in your Disney Movie Rewards account. It's awesome
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

If you are signed up for the monthly Disney Movie Rewards e-mail you can get 5 points within the e-mail.
I thought they stopped doing that?! I havent seen any link to get bonus email points for a long time now. You're talking about the ones that come in the monthly rewards newsletter emails, right?
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

unprincess wrote:
If you are signed up for the monthly Disney Movie Rewards e-mail you can get 5 points within the e-mail.
I thought they stopped doing that?! I havent seen any link to get bonus email points for a long time now. You're talking about the ones that come in the monthly rewards newsletter emails, right?
Yep. I actually had it sent to my Yahoo.com e-mail for the longest time but no longer recieved the e-mail for some reason, so then I switched to gmail and found it under promotions box and found the newsletters.
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by blackcauldron85 »

A newer option on DMR is to use points to enter contests/sweepstakes. If you don't win, there go your points, but if there really isn't anything you want, then it's an option!
geniuswalt
Gold Classic Collection

Post by geniuswalt »

What's the longest time you guys have waited for them to ship a bluray reward?
I've redeemed 3 last friday and so far no update with delivery date.
I hope I'll get it by the 22nd.

:cry:
geniuswalt
Gold Classic Collection

Post by geniuswalt »

nevermind. Just been informed that my rewards are shipping today.