The Disney Movie Rewards Discussion & Info Thread Vol. 4

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Re: The Disney Movie Rewards Discussion & Info Thread Vol. 4

Post by unprincess »

^same, the gift cards are pretty much all I would get, with the one time I got the RBTI Comfy Princess Rock Candy Rapunzel figure. I hope they bring the cards back even if just the digital ones. I miss when they'd send them as physical cards, I liked collecting them. So far I got Lion King, Bambi and Lady and the Tramp!
estefan
Platinum Edition

Post by estefan »

I believe it's been almost a year since they switched over to Disney Movie Insiders. I feel they were planning to add more rewards, but COVID upended those plans. So I can't get too annoyed at the lack of interesting rewards made available.
"There are two wolves and they are always fighting. One is darkness and despair. The other is light and hope. Which wolf wins? Whichever one you feed." - Casey Newton, Tomorrowland
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

YMMV but I got 15 points for logging into Disney Movie Rewards Insiders today. It said it’s for an anniversary. Not sure if it’s the site’s anniversary or my anniversary with them?
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

If you rent Mulan from Disney+, you can get 300 points from Disney Movie Insiders.

https://www.disneymovieinsiders.com/mul ... Z2KBFNZ7EY

On Sept 16th, Disney Movie Insiders will be restocking their reward inventory. They promise to return the “movies, posters, collectibles, and fan favorites you love.” Enter WISHGRANTED for bonus points. In an image they posted, you can see a Mulan 2020 Funko Pop, a Black Panther Blu-Ray, and I think a Rise of Skywalker poster.

https://www.disneymovieinsiders.com/wednesdaywins
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

huh, I just went to the site after I read your post and it gave me a pop up about the 15 points anniversary too. Im glad they're finally adding new stuff, even if I never really liked most of their physical rewards I know many others did.
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

If anyone has logged on recently, more rewards are coming Sept 16! Movie posters, collectibles, etc. Check-out the "Wish Granted" ad in the scroller when you log in.
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

Just a reminder that old/new rewards are up like posters. Managed to snag Iron Man 3 payoff poster and Rise of Skywalker teaser 2 and payoff posters. But missed out on Avengers Endgame payoff poster, D'oh!
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Yeah, I’ve been checking the site since Wednesday, but none of the rewards interest me. I was disappointed they did not bring back the $100 Disney gift card this week. But I figure it’s too soon to gripe— supposedly, they’re going to roll out new rewards every Wednesday and it’s probably not fair to expect they’d have every reward available on their initial Roll Out Day. As long as that gift card comes back, I’ll be happy!
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I've been trying to login to the Disney Movie Insiders site for the first time in around a year or more, since they finally have some decent rewards, but every time I click "Sign In" at the top of the page, I get this message:
We'll be up and running before long, so please try again soon. Thanks for your patience, and please feel free to continue browsing in the meantime.

If you need help with your account, you can contact Guest Services.
Is that happening to everyone today--meaning the site is working on something--or is it just me??
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

I was able to log in on "desktop mode" on my phone (it wasn't sized right on the mobile version)...weirdly, it gave me a birthday points message, when my bday was more than a month ago...but I didn't get the message you did. I did log in about a week ago, though, just fine.

I didn't try it on a computer though, so idk if that would matter. Did you try accessing the site on a computer and a phone?

If you keep getting the message, you might want to reach out to Guest Services to at least make sure your account is still active after a year of inactivity.
Disney's Divinity

Thank you for responding! So it must be my Internet being so slow. I can't even get the Sign Up / Sign In buttons to appear today, bleh. My account's still okay. I only know that because, well, I had been thinking of going on there anyway what with getting a bunch of movies from re-starting DMC the past two times and I'd heard there were finally rewards worth having now, then coincidentally yesterday I received an e-mail warning me my points would expire June 4th. So I'll have to use the library, I guess. I've been planning to go sometime in the next week anyway. Glad this happened before I went than after! :)

Looking through what they have, I'm conflicted on what to get. The TENG 2-pack Blu-ray is a lock, but I'll probably have enough to get at least one other thing. I could get Wreck-It Ralph, I suppose.... I'm leaning more towards GOTG, GOTG2, and POTC: DMTNT though.
blackcauldron85

If this helps your decision at all, Amazon has these prices for the Blu-rays:
$13.36 Ralph
$15.99 GOTG
$11.88 GOTG2
$8.99 POTC:DMTNT
Disney's Divinity

I was at the library today. Naturally the TENG 2-pack was "out of stock." :roll: :roll: :lol: Anyway, it wouldn't let me put in more than five codes for the day... I wonder why they have a limit on how many you can put in at a time like that?? I have a lot built up from the past year and a half of re-starting my DMC membership twice. I got B&tB 2017 for 1500 points since TENG wasn't there (I would've got TENG and one of the POTC films if it had been there). I would've got B&TB before now, but my mother had a copy of the film that I could borrow, so I put it off for ages waiting for a price drop of some kind that never came. :lol: As many codes as I have left, I think I'll have enough to get On Stranger Tides and Dead Men Tell No Tales Blu-rays.
blackcauldron85

I think it's great how many options they have now for Blu-rays/DVDs with points. I just recently got Tinker Bell on Blu with my points. I don't know if the limit is there to try and thwart people who get the codes in a way that you're not supposed to get the codes? I don't know. I recently had to input codes over a couple days myself.
Disney's Divinity

I've bought GotG1, POTC4, POTC5, and B&tB2017 now. I still have several codes left, so I might be able to get GotG2. :D If I have enough, I might get Alice in Wonderland (the remake), too, since TENG never came back in stock. :/ I didn't think Alice was great, but I did love HBC and Anne Hathaway in that film. They briefly had that Disney Villain book "Deliciously Evil" (solid red and black cover of the Evil Queen's face), but from what everything I've read about that, I passed. I have the original The Disney Villain book and I don't think that Deliciously Evil one sounds nearly as good as that anyway.

Oh, and I got gypped of my Celebrating Mickey code. It's code and the two Fantasia's are all on the same little insert. The two Fantasia codes worked, but the CM one continually gives me "Error."
blackcauldron85

Are you going to contact Guest Services about the code? I already own Celebrating Mickey, so my code with Fantasia did not give it to me again; I feel like I got an error message when trying, but it was a few weeks ago and I already own the separate release.
Disney's Divinity

^ I did contact Guest Services via e-mail today, over a different issue though. I put in like three codes this more than all said "Success!" but my points total never changed. When I went to My Account, and looked at the history there, it didn't show that I'd even done anything, but when I tried logging out, logging back in, and submitting the same codes again, I got the "Already Redeemed" message. So... We'll see how this interaction with them goes once they get back to me in 2 days. If it goes okay, I might ask about the Celebrating Mickey code. After all, they should look at my account and know that I do have the release since I was able to redeem codes for Fantasia and Fantasia 2000.
Disney's Divinity

blackcauldron85 wrote:Are you going to contact Guest Services about the code? I already own Celebrating Mickey, so my code with Fantasia did not give it to me again; I feel like I got an error message when trying, but it was a few weeks ago and I already own the separate release.
I contacted Guest Services about it today. Both this and the other thing have both been resolved. I'm glad it worked out easily. I should have enough points to get GOTG Vol. 2 tomorrow! :dance: I might have around 500 points left over. I suppose maybe I should just save them, since I'll probably do the DMC re-start another time or two. The only thing left within reach that I'd potentially go for would be the Oz the Great and Powerful Blu-ray. I wonder why Marvel and PIXAR films are always 2000 points on there when the few Disney movies that appear are all really low in comparison...?
blackcauldron85

:pink: Woohoo!!! I'm glad they could fix it for you! I'd say if you're going to have a lot of points soon, you might as well save for something you really want to get.
Disney's Divinity

That’s probably the right thing to do. I wasn't crazy about Oz other than Rachel Weisz's Witch of the East. Hopefully by the time I get another offer to re-start my DMC membership, they’ll have some better rewards available, too. Too bad TENG never came back. I’m surprised things like that, Oliver & Company, Atlantis, Meet the Robinsons, Bolt, Robin Hood, etc. aren’t available on there? It would be nice to get some of those films lower on the totem pole this way. Either way, I'm grateful there are rewards at all now!

If most of the PIXAR films weren’t 2000 points, I’d probably shoot to get a few of those for free. Inside Out, the Toy Story and Incredibles franchises, Finding Dory, etc. I wouldn’t buy PIXAR films myself, but for free? Sure. I did notice Coco was 1250 this morning although I was sure it was 2000 the other day. I suppose the "price" changes sometimes?