Coco

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Coco

Post by blackcauldron85 »

https://thedisneyblog.com/2019/08/22/mo ... -are-here/
If you look close at the conceptual model you can see what looks like a “Coco” themed upgrade to the Mexico pavilion (a replacement of the current “Gran Fiesta Tour Starring The Three Caballeros” attraction).
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

Wow, great attention to detail! I'm really glad Coco is getting some presence in the parks now.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

blackcauldron85 wrote:https://thedisneyblog.com/2019/08/22/mo ... -are-here/
If you look close at the conceptual model you can see what looks like a “Coco” themed upgrade to the Mexico pavilion (a replacement of the current “Gran Fiesta Tour Starring The Three Caballeros” attraction).
I hope so! Miguel is also featured very prominently on the new Mexico pavilion poster they revealed. Coco already has a pretty strong presence in the pavilion, but turning Gran Fiesta into a Coco ride is a no-brainer. It would require implementing a new queue system, probably a virtual line.

There’s a tiny Mary Poppins on the UK pavilion poster. I’m hopeful we get that supposedly long-gestating Poppins ride— and that it’s a 1964 Poppins, not 2018, otherwise this would be a Monkey’s Paw moment.
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

Yup, and they showed a Maelstrom poster along with a poster for the new Frozen ride.

So, I hope it means what I think it means :dance: :dance: :dance:
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

UmbrellaFish wrote: There’s a tiny Mary Poppins on the UK pavilion poster. I’m hopeful we get that supposedly long-gestating Poppins ride— and that it’s a 1964 Poppins, not 2018, otherwise this would be a Monkey’s Paw moment.
I'd love that too because it's really shocking that Walt Disney's magnum opus has never gotten a single ride in the parks. I wouldn't have minded a ride based on the sequel if that wasn't the case so I hope they don't waste this opportunity to make an attraction on a sequel that already seems forgotten. Considering the lackluster reception it got, I don't think Disney would do that though and they'll likely stick with the original.

I know there were plans to create the Cherry Tree Lane set in Epcot so I'd love to see that finally come to fruition.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
DisneyFan97
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyFan97 »

I have big problem with Coco. I thought Abuelita Was such a horrible mean spiteful bitch ! throughout most of the movie i wanted her to get run over die and be forgotten in the land of the dead and agian die the final death.
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

rotfl

I did think she was pretty mean, even more hateful than other "mean parent" characters. Although I kind of liked her design and how she sometimes made me think of a bulldog. :lol:
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
thedisneyspirit
Anniversary Edition

Post by thedisneyspirit »

Is that really a thing? Most Mexican audiences seemed to like her/get a chuckle out of her while most non-Mexicans hate her and find her abusive. Is it a cultural difference?
DisneyFan97
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyFan97 »

My biggest problem was that Abuelita aginst music for something that happened over fifty years ago and when she wasn't even born. Feels kind like an overaction. I mean it was so long ago her own mother was just a toddler and it feels stupid to still be so aginset music.

Also if her grandson really loved music he should belet to play ! No one should be keept from doing what love or even just like as long as i dosn't hurt anyone.

The evil old woman cared more about her nonsensical grudge than her own grandchild- That's just being a s plain shitty person ragardless what culuture you come from.
Disney's Divinity

Thinking about it, the funny thing is that Abuelita doesn't even really learn that holding a grudge is wrong. They only learned that her grandfather didn't abandon the family the way they thought. For comparison, Triton and Powhatan learn their hatred is itself a wrong thing, and even Elinor from Brave learns that her anger is causing as much destruction to the family as her daughter's is. At least Abuelita isn't quite as cruel as Kerchak though.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

'Coco' Comes To The Hollywood Bowl For The First Time Live In Concert
https://www.prnewswire.com/news-release ... 13855.html
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
blackcauldron85

Scene on Disney+’s “Shop Class” Seems to Hint at Possible “Coco” Attraction
https://www.laughingplace.com/w/news/20 ... ttraction/
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

The Hollywood Bowl concert is coming to Disney+. Here's the poster and trailer.

Source: https://twitter.com/disneyplus/status/1 ... 0453953536
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

Sorry for bumping this thread, but I finally saw Coco last night and wanted to give my thoughts on it. It wasn´t Pixar at it´s very best, but it was still an enjoyable and likable film. I liked it´s portrayal of Mexican culture, though the story felt derivative and trite (as a mashup from Ratatouille, Brave and even The Little Mermaid III: Ariel´s Beginning). Either way, while the pacing of the film felt a little brisk at times and the characters felt like stereotypes, Coco managed to be engaging on it´s own. Though I expected it to be much more of a musical than it actually was. But overall, a good film.
Disney's Divinity

DisneyFan09 wrote: I liked it´s portrayal of Mexican culture, though the story felt derivative and trite (as a mashup from Ratatouille, Brave and even The Little Mermaid III: Ariel´s Beginning).
Yep. TLM’s impact…. Even its crappy DTV prequel has inspired other animated films. rotfl
DisneyFan09 wrote:Though I expected it to be much more of a musical than it actually was. But overall, a good film.
I agree. The way PIXAR went on and on about it being their first musical in the press (as if it was the first animated musical ever made and most assuredly the best because the almighty PIXAR made it *eyeroll* ), I expected something a la Frozen, especially with the Lopezes involved. But in the end “Remember Me” is the only song I even remember from the film? I love that song, especially Miguel's version, just I expected a full soundtrack. :?
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

Disney's Divinity wrote:Yep. TLM’s impact…. Even its crappy DTV prequel has inspired other animated films. rotfl
I know, right? :P rotfl Though I´ve tolerated most of the DTV cheapquels/prequels, at least TLM III was bloody awful and I´ve always found that plot device to be insipid, to say it at least. Even in Coco it was somewhat ridiculous, but at least it somewhat worked, since it was a Pixar movie.
DisneyFan09 wrote:I agree. The way PIXAR went on and on about it being their first musical in the press (as if it was the first animated musical ever made and most assuredly the best because the almighty PIXAR made it *eyeroll* ), I expected something a la Frozen, especially with the Lopezes involved. But in the end “Remember Me” is the only song I even remember from the film? I love that song, especially Miguel's version, just I expected a full soundtrack. :?
Agreed. I expected it to be a full-blown musical in the vain of WDAS, considering how much buzz there was about it. But at least the placements of the songs worked perfectly fine.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Disney's Divinity wrote:The way PIXAR went on and on about it being their first musical in the press.
They didn't, actually. They downplayed its musical aspect and never referred to it as a musical in the press. It was initially conceived as a traditional musical with the Lopezes writing 5-6 songs for it, but (I assume) that was changed out of fear it would alienate boys.
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

Sotiris wrote:They didn't, actually. They downplayed its musical aspect and never referred to it as a musical in the press. It was initially conceived as a traditional musical with the Lopezes writing 5-6 songs for it, but (I assume) that was changed out of fear it would alienate boys.
Whoops. Sorry.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

A Celebration of the Music from Coco has been nominated for a Primetime Emmy Award.

Source: https://twitter.com/Pixar/status/1288164361052323845
blackcauldron85

New Pixar’s “Coco” Scene Coming to Mickey’s PhilharMagic at Magic Kingdom, California Adventure
https://wdwnt.com/2021/07/pixars-coco-b ... n-july-17/