Rank the Revival's End Credit Songs

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Rank the Revival's End Credit Songs

Post by Sotiris »

How would you rank and rate the end credit songs from the Revival era? Here's the list to choose from:

Meet the Robinsons

Title: The Future Has Arrived
Music & Lyrics: Danny Elfman, Nick Wheeler & Tyson Ritter
Performance: The All-American Rejects

Title: The Motion Waltz (Emotional Commotion)
Music & Lyrics: Rufus Wainwright
Performance: Rufus Wainwright

Bolt

Title: I Thought I Lost You
Music & Lyrics: Miley Cyrus & Jeffrey Steele
Performance: Miley Cyrus & John Travolta

The Princess and the Frog

Title: Never Knew I Needed
Music & Lyrics: Shaffer Smith (aka Ne-Yo)
Performance: Ne-Yo

Tangled

Title: Something That I Want
Music & Lyrics: Grace Potter
Performance: Grace Potter

Winnie the Pooh

Title: So Long
Music & Lyrics: Zooey Deschanel
Performance: Zooey Deschanel & M. Ward

Wreck-It Ralph

Title: When Can I See You Again?
Music & Lyrics: Adam Young, Matthew Thiessen & Brian Lee
Performance: Owl City

Title: Sugar Rush
Music & Lyrics: Jamie Houston & Yasushi Akimoto
Performance: AKB48

Title: Wreck-It, Wreck-It Ralph
Music & Lyrics: Jamie Houston
Performance: Buckner & Garcia

Frozen

Title: Let It Go
Music & Lyrics: Robert Lopez & Kristen Anderson-Lopez
Performance: Demi Lovato

Big Hero 6

Title: Immortals
Music & Lyrics: Andy Hurley, Joe Trohman, Patrick Stump & Pete Wentz
Performance: Fall Out Boy

Zootopia

Title: Try Everything
Music & Lyrics: Sia Furler, Tor Erik Hermansen & Mikkel S. Eriksen
Performance: Shakira

Moana

Title: How Far I'll Go
Music & Lyrics: Lin-Manuel Miranda
Performance: Alessia Cara

Title: You're Welcome
Performance: Jordan Fisher & Lin-Manuel Miranda

Ralph Breaks the Internet

Title: Zero
Music & Lyrics: Dan Reynolds, Wayne Sermon, Ben McKee, Daniel Platzman & John Hill
Performance: Imagine Dragons

Title: In This Place
Music & Lyrics: Alan Menken, Phil Johnston & Tom MacDougall
Performance: Julia Michaels

Frozen II

Title: Into the Unknown
Performance: Panic! At the Disco

Title: All Is Found
Performance: Kacey Musgraves

Title: Lost in the Woods
Performance: Weezer

Raya and the Last Dragon

Title: Lead the Way
Music & Lyrics: Jhenรฉ Aiko
Performance: Jhenรฉ Aiko

Encanto

Title: Colombia, Mi Encanto
Performance: Carlos Vives

Title: Two Oruguitas
Performance: Sebastiรกn Yatra

Strange World

Title: They're the Clades!
Music & Lyrics: Henry Jackman & Kevin Del Aguila
Performance: James Hayden

Wish

Title: A Wish Worth Making
Music & Lyrics: Julia Michaels & Benjamin Rice
Performance: Julia Michaels
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
carolinakid
Anniversary Edition

Re: Rank the Revival's End Credit Songs

Post by carolinakid »

Let It Go is the only one I find truly memorable and will stand the test of time.
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Love
1. "Never Knew I Needed" ~ To me this and Raya's song are the only ones I feel like are necessary caps on the films, since it sums up the themes of both. Too bad this one's not a duet in the movie, too... I'd love to hear Anika Noni Rose perform this.
2. "How Far I'll Go" ~ I prefer it to the in-film version, tbh, but I like Alessia Cara whereas Cravalho's voice is vaguely irritating to me at times.
3. "In This Place" ~ This is also better than the in-film version, but that was a comedic moment with Silverman's voice, so...not surprising in this case.
4. "Lead the Way"

5. "Something That I Want" ~ Catchy, but I think Bedingfield's "More of Me" for the series does the same vibe better.
6. "All Is Found"
7. "Two Oruguitas"
8. "Into the Unknown" ~ I love this song and I love Urie's voice...The reason it's not higher is because I've always found the audio to be sort of muddled? Did they record it by phone or something? :lol:

The Rest
9. "Try Everything"
10. "Let It Go" ~ I don't like Demi Lovato 90% of the time and this isn't one of the 10%. I still wish they could've got Ariana for this, 2013 was just before she really started going to the top, from what I remember.
11. "Immortals"
12. "Lost in the Woods"
13. "You're Welcome"
14. "Colombia, Mi Encanto" ~ I find this one so annoying. It's like DVD Menu music.

A couple I would need to listen to again, and I don't have the soundtracks for WtP, Bolt, MtR, etc., so I'd have to look them on YouTube. I do remember liking the end credits to Bolt even though I can't remember the song right off. As for MtR, I love "Little Wonders," but I suppose it plays over the ending itself not the credits. :/ I think Alessia Cara's version of HFIG is the closest any of these come to translating those big pop artist covers that were part of the Renaissance (Peabo & Regina Belle on AWNW, Celine & Peabo on B&TB, Christina on Reflection, Phil Collins' YBiMH). I still think of what a shame it is Whitney didn't do "Colors of the Wind," since she'd been offered, she would've killed it.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Great idea for a thread, Sotiris! I find it difficult to rank them all, though. I think I'll make a ranking for my top completely original end-credit songs and a separate one for the ones that are versions of songs from the movie itself, like Demi Lovato's "Let It Go". But I need to think a bit more about it and listen to some of them again, so I'll post it another day.
Disney's Divinity wrote: โ†‘Sun Oct 23, 2022 11:16 am I still think of what a shame it is Whitney didn't do "Colors of the Wind," since she'd been offered, she would've killed it.
Do you mean Whitney Houston? I didn't know she could've performed it. Why did she decline the offer? I like the version we got, but one by her could've been amazing.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

1. Never Knew I Needed
2. All Is Found
3. How Far I'll Go

I don't really care about the others.
Disney's Divinity

D82 wrote: โ†‘Sun Oct 23, 2022 6:35 pm Do you mean Whitney Houston? I didn't know she could've performed it. Why did she decline the offer? I like the version we got, but one by her could've been amazing.
I'm not sure why she declined. Maybe she was busy with an album at the time or on a break between albums, who knows why. I'm sure she was offered a lot of things at her peak. She would've blown it out of the water. I think it would've been as memorable as the song she did for Prince of Egypt with Mariah. I've always felt the End Credits "Colors of the Wind" was very mellow, didn't have the drama or heights of the in-film song.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Disney's Divinity wrote: โ†‘Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:34 am I'm not sure why she declined. Maybe she was busy with an album at the time or on a break between albums, who knows why. I'm sure she was offered a lot of things at her peak. She would've blown it out of the water. I think it would've been as memorable as the song she did for Prince of Egypt with Mariah. I've always felt the End Credits "Colors of the Wind" was very mellow, didn't have the drama or heights of the in-film song.
Yeah, it's possible she was just busy with something. I agree it most likely would've been more memorable if she had performed it. I prefer the in-film version too, but that's usually the case for me.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Here are my rankings. As I said, I decided to rank the versions of in-film songs separately from the rest. The reason is that I find it difficult to judge them for what they are and not compare them to the original versions. I even had trouble ranking them on their own for that reason. If I had to judge them by how good covers of the originals they are, I guess it would be a bit easier.

I wasn't sure on which list the Encanto songs should go, but I finally decided to put "Colombia, Mi Encanto" on the first one since it's not a new recording made for the end credits; just the full version of the one featured at the beginning of the movie. The same happens with "Sugar Rush" and "Try Everything", actually. "Two Oruguitas", on the other hand, apart from being an extended version of the one heard earlier in the film, is an English version of it, so I put it it in the second category despite the music and everything else being the same as in the Spanish version.

Also, though I included it in the "original" category, I know "Something That I Want" from Tangled is not an original song made for the movie but was adapted from a pre-existing one. "Original" in this case just means not a version of another song from the movie.

Regarding how much I like them, the only ones I love are "Never Knew I Needed" (especially the lyrics) and "Two Oruguitas", but I quite like "Lead the Way", "So Long", "The Motion Waltz", "Let It Go" or "How Far I'll Go", too. Maybe some may find it surprising I have "In This Place" so low. I do like it, but it's not one of my favorite Menken songs, plus I prefer the in-film version. And I love "You're Welcome", but the end-credit version by Miranda and Fisher is awful, in my opinion.

Completely original end-credit songs

1. Never Knew I Needed (The Princess and the Frog)
2. Lead the Way (Raya and the Last Dragon)
3. So Long (Winnie the Pooh)
4. The Motion Waltz (Emotional Commotion) (Meet the Robinsons)
5. Try Everything (Zootopia)
6. Colombia, Mi Encanto (Encanto)
7. The Future Has Arrived (Meet the Robinsons)
8. I Thought I Lost You (Bolt)
9. Zero (Ralph Breaks the Internet)
10. When Can I See You Again? (Wreck-It Ralph)
11. Something That I Want (Tangled)
12. Sugar Rush (Wreck-It Ralph)
13. Wreck-It, Wreck-It Ralph (Wreck-It Ralph)
14. Immortals (Big Hero 6)

Versions of other songs from the movie

1. Two Oruguitas (Encanto)
2. Let It Go (Frozen)
3. How Far I'll Go (Moana)
4. Into the Unknown (Frozen II)
5. Lost in the Woods (Frozen II)
6. In This Place (Ralph Breaks the Internet)
7. All Is Found (Frozen II)
8. You're Welcome (Moana)
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

I am loving that "Never Knew I Needed" is so beloved! I've been obsessed with the song ever since it came out. It's still just as good now as it was 13 years ( :-o )ago.
D82 wrote: โ†‘Wed Oct 26, 2022 7:58 pm Maybe some may find it surprising I have "In This Place" so low. I do like it, but it's not one of my favorite Menken songs, plus I prefer the in-film version.
I feel the same way.

The first 3 I knew right off the bat, but I had to tweak everything else and make some ties. Like, I love the #9 songs, and I feel bad putting Raya's song so low, but I like the others above them so much, too... Besides #16, which I know I downloaded but can't remember how it goes, I genuinely like all of these songs.

1- Never Knew I Needed
2- Lost in the Woods
3- Immortals
4 (tie)- Something That I Want
4 (tie)- Let It Go
4 (tie)- Two Oruguitas
5 (tie)- I Thought I Lost You
5 (tie)- When Can I See You Again
6- Into the Unknown
7- How Far I'll Go
8- Try Everything
9 (tie)- So Long
9 (tie)- Zero
9 (tie)- Lead the Way
10 (tie)- In This Place
10 (tie)- All Is Found
11- You're Welcome
12- Colombia, Mi Encanto
13- The Future Has Arrived
14- The Motion Waltz
15- Sugar Rush
16- Wreck-It, Wreck-It Ralph
Jules
Diamond Edition

Post by Jules »

I do not know these songs well enough to rank, but I do know that I love Rufus Wainwright's The Motion Waltz (I'd like to do a piano cover of that one day), Grace Potter's Something that I Want (I seem to be alone on this one) as well as Owl City's When Can I See You Again?
rodrigo_ca
Special Edition

Post by rodrigo_ca »

I wanted to do my list based off my memory alone, so if I don't remember a song, it's because it didn't cause much of an impression because I've definitely heard them all. In case they're covers, my ranking reflects more on the cover than the song itself.

1. Never Knew I Needed (The Princess and the Frog)
2. I Thought I Lost You (Bolt)
3. Immortals (Big Hero 6)
4. Zero (Ralph Breaks the Internet)
5. When Can I See You Again? (Wreck-It Ralph)
6. Into the Unknown (Frozen II)
7. Try Everything (Zootopia)
8. Something That I Want (Tangled)
9. So Long (Winnie the Pooh)
10. Let It Go (Frozen)
11. The Future Has Arrived (Meet the Robinsons)
12. The Motion Waltz (Emotional Commotion) (Meet the Robinsons)
13. Sugar Rush (Wreck-It Ralph)
14. Wreck-It, Wreck-It Ralph (Wreck-It Ralph)
15. Lead the Way (Raya and the Last Dragon)
16. Two Oruguitas (Encanto)
17. In This Place (Ralph Breaks the Internet)
18. How Far I'll Go (Moana)
19. All Is Found (Frozen II)
20. Lost in the Woods (Frozen II)
21. You're Welcome (Moana)
22. Colombia, Mi Encanto (Encanto)
The Disneynerd
Gold Classic Collection

Post by The Disneynerd »

OBSESSED: :D
1. I thought I lost you (Bolt): childhood favourite song and after all those years still one of my fav disney songs. Criminal how it only has like 10 million streams on Spotify :huh:

Really Good: :thumb:
3. Something that I want (Tangled): its a great feel good song, i can see why it blew up again lately
4. Never knew I needed (Princess& the Frog): its a really beautiful Pop love song

Good: :)
5. Let it go (Pop version, Frozen)
6. How far ill go (Pop version, Moana)
7. Immortals (BH6)
8. Into the Unknown ( Panic at the Disco, Frozen 2)

Ok: :nemo:
9.ย  When can i see you again (Ralph)
10. Try everything (Zootopia)
11. Zero ( Ralph Breaks the Internet)
The rest is forgettable imo.
Last edited by The Disneynerd on Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
My favourite Disney songs:
๐Ÿ. ๐“Ÿ๐“ช๐“ป๐“ฝ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“ฆ๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ต๐“ญ (๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฝ๐“ต๐“ฎ ๐“œ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ถ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ญ)
๐Ÿ. ๐“ฆ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ ๐“ฒ๐“ท ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ฆ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ผ (๐“ฃ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ต๐“ฎ๐“ญ ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ผ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ฎ๐“ผ)
๐Ÿ‘. Wherever I go (Hannah Montana)๐ŸŽถ :cry:
๐Ÿ’. ๐“Ÿ๐“ป๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ญ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“‘๐“ธ๐”‚ (๐“๐“ต๐“ช๐“ญ๐“ญ๐“ฒ๐“ท)
๐Ÿ“. ๐’ฏ๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐’ž๐“๐’พ๐“‚๐’ท :cry: (๐“—๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“ƒ๐’ถ๐’ฝ ๐“œ๐‘œ๐“ƒ๐“‰๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐’ถ ๐“‚๐‘œ๐“‹๐’พ๐‘’)
& more: 1000 years ( Legend of the Neverbeast),
I'll try (Return to Neverland) :pan: , So close (Enchanted), ๐’ด๐‘œ๐“Šยด๐“๐“ ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐“‹๐‘’๐“‡ ๐“๐‘œ๐“ˆ๐‘’ ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐’พ๐“ˆ ๐“๐‘œ๐“‹๐‘’ (๐’Ÿ๐’พ๐“ˆ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐“Ž ๐’ซ๐“‡๐’พ๐“ƒ๐’ธ๐‘’๐“ˆ๐“ˆ: ๐ธ๐“ƒ๐’ธ๐’ฝ๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“‰๐‘’๐’น ๐’ฏ๐’ถ๐“๐‘’๐“ˆ), I thought I lost you (BOLT), Into the Unknown (Frozen 2) :pink:
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

The Disneynerd wrote: โ†‘Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:17 amLittle Wonders (Meet the Robinsons): such a beautiful song. Extremely underrated
Little Wonders is not an end credits song. It's heard during the epilogue of the film, but not at any point during the end credits. I agree with you though that it's a beautiful song.
MoonMarc21
Gold Classic Collection

Post by MoonMarc21 »

The Disneynerd wrote: โ†‘Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:17 am 1. I thought I lost you (Bolt): childhood favourite song and after all those years still one of my fav disney songs. Criminal how it only has like 10 million streams on Spotify
I know right!!! It's so underrated and I listened to it so many times during the pandemic because I was nostalgic for the movie at that time. I even loved the little 2d animation during the end credits. idk why but listening to it now feels bittersweet and sometimes makes me wanna cry...

Anyway, now that I'm here I guess I have to make my own ranking. I classify the Revival Era as the period in which it starts with The Princess and the Frog and ends with Frozen 2, so here it goes:

1. Something That I Want- I'm surprised that it suddenly got popular on Tiktok and such but I'm glad since it's a great song.
2. When Can I See You Again?- Love the message told in this song especially the lines "Life is a trip, and the road map leads you
Look all around at the mountains you haven't climbed" idk it just hits me in the feels, maybe because of some personal stuff.
3. Zero- Don't have any strong opinions other than Imagine Dragons is the best, that's why it high up๐Ÿ‘Œ
4. Immortals- WE CAN BE IMMORTALS! :rock:
5. Try Everything- Even if it's message is a bit preachy than When Can I See You Again?, I still like it, very empowering.
6. Into the Unknown- Brendon Urie really rocked with this cover.
7. Let It Go
8. How Far I'll Go
9. Never Knew I Needed
10. So Long- Okay so the reason why the last two are so low on the list because I don't listen to these songs that much, but they're alright from the snippets I've heard of these two songs.

Honorable Mentions:
1. I Thought I Lost You- Of course it had to be hear.
2. Lead the Way- Again, preachy like Try Everything but very relaxing to hear and again, makes me emotional for some reason Ahahhaha ๐Ÿฅฒ
3. A Wish Worth Making- Very sentimental and liked it more than I thought I would. Loved the little music video they made for this song as just like Wish, it was celebrating 100 years of Disney Animation as a whole.
4. The Future Has Arrived- THE FUTURE HAS ARRIVED TODAY! :rock:
5. Colombia, Mi Encanto- Loved the song when it was first used in the teaser for Encanto and very groovy.
Favorite Things Right Now:
1. Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea by Joe Hisashi (Song)
2. The Boy and the Heron (Movie)
3. Ma Baker by Boney M. (Song)
4. Shin Megami Tensei V (Video Game)
5. edamame by bbno$ and Rich Brian (Song)
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

MoonMarc21 wrote: โ†‘Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:36 pm 1. Something That I Want- I'm surprised that it suddenly got popular on Tiktok and such but I'm glad since it's a great song.
Maybe it has something to do with Disney constantly uploading it again and again on their channel:

https://youtu.be/cSWSMf6F6VQ?feature=shared

https://youtu.be/qxxui_DHyss?si=w6PGq4AYm6r1rboQ

Interestingly, it wasn't even written for the movie, first time I heard this song was on One Tree Hill two years before Tangled was released:

https://youtu.be/6Hm5f7zbOZU?si=_fs7Z4C1y9M31J6U
The Disneynerd
Gold Classic Collection

Post by The Disneynerd »

Sotiris wrote: โ†‘Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:14 am Little Wonders is not an end credits song. It's heard during the epilogue of the film, but not at any point during the end credits. I agree with you though that it's a beautiful song.
AAAAAGH thats embarrassing hihi oopsie! :oops: :kermit: Im gonna fix it now :) . time to rewatch it again i guess. Still cant believe the song was specifically from the movie, as I also heard it on the Radio couple of times a few years back.
MoonMarc21 wrote: โ†‘Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:36 pm 1. Something That I Want- I'm surprised that it suddenly got popular on Tiktok and such but I'm glad since it's a great song.
Ikr? It took just one viral Tiktok with Tangleds end credit praising the movie and then the Sound was everywhere lol. But I still dont understand the weird trend they were all doing with it. If another disney end credit song blows up, I really really hope its I thought i lost u.
Farerb wrote: โ†‘Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:10 pm Maybe it has something to do with Disney constantly uploading it again and again on their channel:
Nope, it blew up a few months ago on TT. Disney milks the opportunity now with its recent uploads.
Farerb wrote: โ†‘Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:10 pm Interestingly, it wasn't even written for the movie, first time I heard this song was on One Tree Hill two years before Tangled was released:
It WASNT from the movie??
Wow. Really interesting, What a cool fact, Farerb! :milkbuds: (it sounds sarcastic but i really mean it lol)
My favourite Disney songs:
๐Ÿ. ๐“Ÿ๐“ช๐“ป๐“ฝ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“ฆ๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ต๐“ญ (๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฝ๐“ต๐“ฎ ๐“œ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ถ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ญ)
๐Ÿ. ๐“ฆ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ ๐“ฒ๐“ท ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ฆ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ผ (๐“ฃ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ต๐“ฎ๐“ญ ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ผ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ฎ๐“ผ)
๐Ÿ‘. Wherever I go (Hannah Montana)๐ŸŽถ :cry:
๐Ÿ’. ๐“Ÿ๐“ป๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ญ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“‘๐“ธ๐”‚ (๐“๐“ต๐“ช๐“ญ๐“ญ๐“ฒ๐“ท)
๐Ÿ“. ๐’ฏ๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐’ž๐“๐’พ๐“‚๐’ท :cry: (๐“—๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“ƒ๐’ถ๐’ฝ ๐“œ๐‘œ๐“ƒ๐“‰๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐’ถ ๐“‚๐‘œ๐“‹๐’พ๐‘’)
& more: 1000 years ( Legend of the Neverbeast),
I'll try (Return to Neverland) :pan: , So close (Enchanted), ๐’ด๐‘œ๐“Šยด๐“๐“ ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐“‹๐‘’๐“‡ ๐“๐‘œ๐“ˆ๐‘’ ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐’พ๐“ˆ ๐“๐‘œ๐“‹๐‘’ (๐’Ÿ๐’พ๐“ˆ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐“Ž ๐’ซ๐“‡๐’พ๐“ƒ๐’ธ๐‘’๐“ˆ๐“ˆ: ๐ธ๐“ƒ๐’ธ๐’ฝ๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“‰๐‘’๐’น ๐’ฏ๐’ถ๐“๐‘’๐“ˆ), I thought I lost you (BOLT), Into the Unknown (Frozen 2) :pink:
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

The Disneynerd wrote: โ†‘Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:36 am Nope, it blew up a few months ago on TT. Disney milks the opportunity now with its recent uploads.
Well I wouldn't know that. I don't do TikTok (and soon no one will).
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Farerb wrote: โ†‘Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:10 pmInterestingly, it wasn't even written for the movie, first time I heard this song was on One Tree Hill two years before Tangled was released.
Yes, it was originally a duet called I Want Something That I Want written for One Tree Hill and released as a digital single back in 2008. The verses were rewritten for Tangled and turned into a solo. The original version isn't available anymore. I assume that's due to some legal reason after the deal with Disney. The song became attached to Tangled the last minute. Up until June 2010, Menken/Slater were writing the end credits song. They stopped when the studio told them they were going "in a different direction" for the end credits. As you probably know, that song eventually became "Wind in My Hair" for Tangled Before Ever After.
Disney's Divinity

I didn't know that "Wind in My Hair" was what Menken had worked on for the film's End Credits! Interesting. TBH, the only song I've always wanted to hear the deleted or unfinished version of from that film was the big ballad they had intended as the love song. I've never been too fond of "I See the Light," although I know it's popular.