Funko POP! Disney

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
SpaceAce
Gold Classic Collection

Re: Funko POP! Disney

Post by SpaceAce »

Mickey's 90th Birthday Not really a Mystery Mysery Minis
http://diskingdom.com/2018/06/18/mickey ... ming-soon/

Mickey's 90th Birthday Pop! Vinyls
http://www.funkofanatics.com/2018/06/fi ... funko-pop/
Disney's Divinity wrote:So about how difficult to attain are SDCC exclusives? Better or worse than NYCC pops? Do they usually get a later release via HotTopic/misc. sellers like those did? I'm only asking because I'd like to get the Black Lady pop (who knows if there might be Disney pops I'll want).
Usually the same for all convention exclusives. It really depends on how popular the exclusive is.
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Best to abandon all hope now then. Thanks again, Funko. *gives the money-hungry Funko company the middle finger*
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Widdi
Anniversary Edition

Post by Widdi »

Disney's Divinity wrote:So about how difficult to attain are SDCC exclusives? Better or worse than NYCC pops? Do they usually get a later release via HotTopic/misc. sellers like those did? I'm only asking because I'd like to get the Black Lady pop (who knows if there might be Disney pops I'll want).
I've never had much trouble getting the con exclusives I want that are shared and I live in the middle of nowhere in Northern Canada. Most exclusives are popular enough that you don't really have the option to wait (though lots do end up getting restocked), provided you are willing to go to the store on release date you should be able to get what you want. Most retailers put their SDCC Pops online on release day as well so you usually have that option. Limited number pieces are another story, though the Funko Shop usually puts them online in very limited numbers.

One thing to remember though if you do end up having to use the after market is that most SDCC pops tend to go DOWN in value in the weeks and months after the con. If you're patient you will be able to get what you want without breaking the bank. There are always exceptions to the rule, so use your best judgement.
SpaceAce
Gold Classic Collection

Post by SpaceAce »

Disney's Divinity Black Lady will be shared with Hot Topic. Here is the link to the placeholder page for her. Keep this handy so you can get her when they go up. Could be night before or day of Comic Con.

https://www.hottopic.com/product/11400010.html
SpaceAce
Gold Classic Collection

Post by SpaceAce »

Here is the Disney SDCC Exclusives! SPOILER WARNING: One contains a spoiler for Incredibles 2.

https://www.funko.com/blog/article/2018 ... als-disney
Disney's Divinity

Pain & Panic look horrible. I wouldn't buy them even if I had the option. That is a neat variant of Tamatoa, but I have so many pops and the pop's so large, that I wouldn't want two of him. Already have the hooded version of Mickey and they're barely distinguishable.
SpaceAce wrote: Mickey's 90th Birthday Pop! Vinyls
http://www.funkofanatics.com/2018/06/fi ... funko-pop/
Shame the Fantasia pop is just him holding containers of water. Pass on all of these.
ProfessorRatigan
Special Edition

Post by ProfessorRatigan »

Disney's Divinity wrote:Pain & Panic look horrible. I wouldn't buy them even if I had the option. That is a neat variant of Tamatoa, but I have so many pops and the pop's so large, that I wouldn't want two of him.
I actually think Pain and Panic look pretty good. I don't really see how else they COULD look, to be honest... To me, they look like...Funko-fied versions of themselves. :lol: I'll be getting them to go along with Hades, who, sadly, is the only Hercules Pop I've managed to get so far. (Thankfully, it's the Glow-in-the-dark Hot Topic exclusive. Those sold out SUPER quickly, it seems...)

Tamatoa is dope. Really, really want him. I'm surprised he wasn't a Chase, but this is better. Less expensive!

Honestly, I haven't been able to keep up with the releases. I am super picky when it comes to paint jobs and hate paying retail price on anything, haha. So, yeah... My want-list is becoming unmanageable. And every day, it seems, they announce more stuff I want. :huh:
Disney's Divinity

Not Disney related, but the Digimon pop looks SO cute. I really just want the first season cast of characters. It's another one of those series I grew up with, like Sailor Moon, that I promised to get if they ever happened (YuYu Hakusho is another one). Taito forever. :wink:

I got the Pua-Heihei pop yesterday. I made that one a priority to get right away because it was an exclusive.
ProfessorRatigan wrote: Honestly, I haven't been able to keep up with the releases. I am super picky when it comes to paint jobs and hate paying retail price on anything, haha. So, yeah... My want-list is becoming unmanageable. And every day, it seems, they announce more stuff I want. :huh:
Yeah, I'm over the pricing at this point. This is the reason I haven't got Tamatoa, Te Ka, and Phil yet. I'm not paying 9.99-10.99 for one pop. I'll make an exception for exclusives, but paying that much for the regular ones adds up.
SpaceAce
Gold Classic Collection

Post by SpaceAce »

Some new leaks!

Aladdin
- Jasmine in Disguise(has a Chase)
- Elephant Abu
- Iago
- Genie w/ Lamp
- Prince Ali
- Magic Carpet Ride Movie Moment

Mickey's 90th
- Plane Crazy
- Holiday Mickey

Lilo and Stitch VNYL 2 Pack

Kingdom Hearts 3
- Sora Pocket Pop! Keychain
- Sora Monsters Inc Pocket Pop! Keychain
- Sora Monsters Inc
- Donald Duck Monsters Inc
- Goofy Monsters Inc
Disney's Divinity

Wow, I didn't expect any more Aladdin pops this year, much less that many--not that I'm complaining. I thought they might be waiting for the live-action film to release next summer to cross-promote or whatever. I might want all of these, but I know I'll want Prince Ali and Genie w/ Lamp at least. Too bad they didn't have another Jafar variant amid all these. :P
ProfessorRatigan
Special Edition

SpaceAce wrote:Some new leaks!

Aladdin
- Jasmine in Disguise(has a Chase)
- Elephant Abu
- Iago
- Genie w/ Lamp
- Prince Ali
- Magic Carpet Ride Movie Moment
Sigh. Yep, I want all of these. Robin Hood, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin and Hercules are ones I want the whole casts of. Rescuers, Great Mouse Detective and Hunchback, too, if we ever get any (I realize Rescuers got the ride, but, still...)
Disney's Divinity wrote:Wow, I didn't expect any more Aladdin pops this year, much less that many--not that I'm complaining. I thought they might be waiting for the live-action film to release next summer to cross-promote or whatever. I might want all of these, but I know I'll want Prince Ali and Genie w/ Lamp at least. Too bad they didn't have another Jafar variant amid all these. :P
We could always see more. Off the top of my head, The Cave of Wonders, Razoul, The Sultan, Beggar Jafar, Sultan Jafar, Sorcerer Jafar and Cobra Jafar are ones I could see potentially being made. Not to mention more Genie variants...
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

Yeah, I am surprised that they're sleeping on Genie variants. There's a lot more they could do with him, and he is a character that sells.
SpaceAce
Gold Classic Collection

Post by SpaceAce »

TaleSpin images

https://www.instagram.com/p/BkrRgYeBZ8B/

Can't wait to add these to my Disney Afternoon shelf!
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

I've heard somewhere that Don Karnage is possibly going to be an exclusive somewhere. I really hope it's true, but I don't know why Funko keeps forgetting him. He's certainly got to be a more popular character than Shere Khan or Rebecca, even if the latter is ultimately more crucial to the series.
SpaceAce
Gold Classic Collection

Post by SpaceAce »

Disney Treasures Under the Sea Pop! Spoiler

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bk3NYsRh2W-/
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

Dang. That's a great call for a movie moment... except her mouth looks terrible. Fix it, and you have a winner.
ProfessorRatigan
Special Edition

Oof. Yeah, I agree. That mouth looks terrible. Yikes. Someone pointed out that it makes her look like a blow-up doll. Can't unsee! :lol:
Widdi
Anniversary Edition

Post by Widdi »

I don't hate the mouth that much, she is singing in the scene after all. The thing that is throwing me off the most is the hair. It almost looks like she has short hair... I'll have to see it out of box to know for sure whether this will be a pick-up for me or not, but I'm leaning towards a yes as long as the price is reasonable. I'll actually be in a town with a Hot Topic at the end of the month so if it's not sold out I may grab it.
Disney's Divinity

The mouth and the hair don't bother me. It's more the body of the figure that threw me at first; I wish her lower half were larger than her chest.

It's okay. I had a feeling they'd make a Movie Moment out of this eventually (they'll probably make one out of Kiss the Girl, too, eventually). I started to get my hopes up that Triton might be in the box, on his throne, considering the box seemed pretty tall (and he lives at the bottom of the sea). I'll try to get this though, since it's TLM and I've got every pop for the movie except for the Diamond Flounder. I wonder if there will be another pop and if that pop will also be TLM-related or not? Would love if one pop is Ariel on the rock and the other is Statue Eric, but that'd practically be a repeat of the Ever After Box. :lol:
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

There isn't another pop. There's going to be a Moana related mystery mini.