Funko POP! Disney

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Funko POP! Disney

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Cute, but I like the original better. I'm more jealous of those who have Clown Dumbo, which I was never able to get.

Of course, this makes it clear Disney Treasures will include well-known characters instead of background ones like Smee (or other niche characters), which is incredibly irritating.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Widdi
Anniversary Edition

Post by Widdi »

I'm going to try making a clown custom of my old one now I think.

The other 4 themes for year one were also revealed in the Pirates Cove box via a Disneyland inspired map printed on the box itself. They are: "Tiny Town", "Snowflake Mountain", "Haunted Woods" and Ever After Castle". Their release order is unknown at this time though I would think October for "Haunted Woods" and December for "Snowflake Mountain" are safe bets.
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

I'm indifferent on the idea of getting popular characters as Pops in the box. If it's only sporadically that we'll get a variant of a pre-existing character, that's cool, but I do like getting less popular characters. And I think this Dumbo is very cute, so I'm happy with it.

Here is the content of the Pirate's Cove box. I can't say that I love every single item, but I'm very happy with Smee and the Dorb ride. I would've liked some kind of representation from Treasure Planet and/or the 1950 Treasure Island as well, but it's exciting enough to get something from the original POTC ride.
Disney's Divinity

Avaitor wrote:I'm indifferent on the idea of getting popular characters as Pops in the box.
It's only a concern for me because I wouldn't be able to get the Disney Treasures even if I wanted to, and I'd rather they do characters I can go without.
DC Fan
Anniversary Edition

Post by DC Fan »

I went online to check on Queen of Hearts and is no longer available.

Thank the gods my Mom is on vacation in New York and I asked her to buy it for me. Guess what? She called and they only had 2.

Does this happen to all figures that are exclusive or just the Disney ones?

I´m still missin Captain Hook to complete my villain collection. Can someone please tell me stores in NY that I can tell my Mom to check to see if she, somehow, finds it?
DC Fan
Anniversary Edition

Post by DC Fan »

I just bought Gaston. And thanks that my Mom bought me Queen of Hearts I have all the Villains...except for Captain Hook. One day...

I´m amazed on how cool Gaston is for how simple he is. They did little things here and there that really make him great.
Widdi
Anniversary Edition

Post by Widdi »

I'm sure there will be a new Captain Hook at some point. Sadly the chances of finding him at retail price in a store are practically zero. He has been vaulted for several years now.

The Queen of Hearts just came out this month so there is a good chance not all Hot Topic stores have received her yet and even if they have it is likely she will be restocked at least once so if anyone hasn't grabbed her yet don't worry. Hot Topic exclusives tend to be the most plentiful as well, so even if you do have to turn to ebay or facebook groups for her she won't cost much more than retail anytime soon.

The Cars 3 pops were announced if anyone cares. I know I don't... I'm honestly surprised they were made as I still find the earlier Cars pops in the clearance section of almost every store I know that sells pops.
Disney's Divinity

Yeah, I haven’t got the Queen of Hearts or Ursula yet because they (randomly) decided to release Maleficent weeks later than the others and I want to get them all together—ideally, to avoid paying shipping twice. :roll:
DC Fan
Anniversary Edition

Post by DC Fan »

So, I made a list of the Villains remaining and there quite a few; I made Villains cause that´s what I´m interested on but other people can fill the the list with the characters they want from that movie.

BTW, there are Villains here I´m not interested at all. Just saying that chances are there for Funko to make them:

-Lady Tremaine
-Madam Mim
-Madame Medusa
-The Horned King
-Prof. Rattigan
-Sykes
-McLeach
-Governor Ratcliffe
-Frollo
-Hades
-Shan-Yu
-Clyaton
-Flame Bird
-Yzma
-Scroop
-Rourke
-Alameda Slim
-Foxy Loxy
-Bowler Hat Guy
-Mother Goethel
-Hans
-Yokai
-Bellwether

I don´t even believe that all them are truly Villains but I can see Funko fillin that spot with that particular character.

Any news on at least the cast/characters for X movie getting a release date?
Disney's Divinity

The new Disney villain pops have never been in stock on the website. God, I hate Hot Topic so ****ing much. I guess I’ll buy the Queen of Hearts at a jacked up price elsewhere and **** the others. I guess it’s for the best because I never wanted the Cruella anyway and while Ursula/Maleficent are nice, I already have pops of them, so… *shrug*

Anyway, there’s a Marie POP coming (from The Aristocats), and talk about pops for Tangled the Series and that Elena or Sofia series, I think? I’ll probably get Marie and maybe Flynn if they make him (he’s grown on me in the TV series--).
Disney's Divinity

Well, I have Ursula. :!: My sister found her while at Hot Topic where she lives (I don’t have one anywhere near me). I didn’t think she’d be able to find any of the 4 in-store, but somehow I’m not surprised considering the Ursula/Cruella was the least inspired and probably the lowest seller. :lol: I talked on another website about how it would've made much more sense to package Ursula (Trident) with a Vanessa pop.

And, well, being Funko’s puppet-on-a-string that I am, I decided to take a chance and order Queen of Hearts through a random seller on Amazon because she out of the 4 is one I don’t have any version of…. Plus, the Queen looks great, makes me think of my mom, and is needed to go with Alice. (Thankfully, the order is fulfilled BY Amazon, so there’s some protection, but I HATE HATE HATE ordering from random sellers…. *prays* ) I was just going to let Maleficent go, but… Since I have Ursula and was going to take a chance on the QoH, and the same seller was offering her, too, I had to try getting her considering I’ll never have another chance at that variant. She just looks so cool in that pose with the fire. I don’t care about the glow-in-the-dark chase.

I’m a little scared about all the other pops that are probably still to come considering I’m broke. :lol: I know there’s the Snow White line that’s rumored, Marie, possibly Flynn/Eugene and Scrooge (since they're doing TV show-based pops), the two Halloween Town variants of Donald and Goofy for Kingdom Hearts, and likely a slew of Sailor Moon, too…. I’m hoping I don’t like most of the ones coming or they get pushed off to next year in SM’s case. It'll be my luck that the Snow White line is fantastic. I don't care about the Dwarfs, but new and improved Queen/SW pops, the Prince, the Old Peddler-Woman, and the Magic Mirror would likely be must-buys for me.
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

Besides the aforementioned Darkwing characters, a Negaduck Pop will also be available in a limited fashion. Definitely gonna keep an eye out for him.
SpaceAce
Gold Classic Collection

Post by SpaceAce »

Avaitor wrote:Besides the aforementioned Darkwing characters, a Negaduck Pop will also be available in a limited fashion. Definitely gonna keep an eye out for him.
He's a Previews Exclusive so he shouldn't be to hard to get. Comic shops is your best bet, but most every online shop will have him too. FYE might have him too as they have had past Previews exclusives.

The DuckTales line is preorderable now at GameStop. No pictures yet, but the line up is Scrooge, Huey, Dewey, Louie, Webby and GameStop has Magica De Spell as an exclusive. There will also be Pocket Pop Keycahains of Scrooge and Webby.
Disney's Divinity

I never planned on buying them, but the Darkwing pops turned out great. I hope Scrooge and Magica de Spell look as good as those.
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

I don't know if I can justify buying all of the nephews, but Scrooge, Webby, and Magica are musts.

I'm still hoping for a variant of Scrooge in his red coat, ala the comics.
Widdi
Anniversary Edition

Post by Widdi »

Flocked Marie coming to Hot Topic in June. I'm assuming a non-flocked version will be getting a general release as I don't think there has ever been a flocked version of a pop without a regular release.

Hoping the back of her box will reveal her brothers are coming too. I doubt it though as they get the short end of the merchandise stick all the time. I won't buy her without them though.
Disney's Divinity

I'll get her just because she’ll probably be the only character from The Aristocats they'll ever make.

But I’d much rather have Duchess and O’Malley than the kittens myself. They’re one of my favorite Disney couples (animal or otherwise, :P ).
Disney's Divinity

Two new Lion King pops:

https://funko.com/blogs/news/coming-soo ... king-pop-s

I like how they chose to do Rafiki, but it doesn't look quite like the character, imo, and it's a little creepy at the same time. :lol:
Widdi
Anniversary Edition

Post by Widdi »

I was really looking forward to the Rafiki and Simba Pop (especially since I skipped out on the original... it was vaulted so quickly), but the glam has left we underwhelmed. I'll have to see it in person. Sometimes the glams really don't do the actual Pop justice.
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

As much as I like Lion King, I never got around to getting any of its Pops. But I think these are very cute, so I'm going to have to pick these up, and just get Scar from the previous set.