DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1436 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 72  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Funko POP! Disney
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:16 pm 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:54 am
Posts: 14576
Have you checked your local Hot Topic? I got my Ghost pop there. And I didn't know there was a Danearys pop holding her dragon! And I had no clue that there were Sailor Moon pops- I didn't think there were so I got action figures of them...

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Funko POP! Disney
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:00 am 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:26 pm
Posts: 13019
blackcauldron85 wrote:
And I didn't know there was a Danearys pop holding her dragon! And I had no clue that there were Sailor Moon pops- I didn't think there were so I got action figures of them...
Here's the one I was talking about.

As for SM, they were confirmed this year. Rumor has it they'll be released this month. The downside is there'll only be Sailor Moon, Tuxedo Mask, and Minimoon (for now) according to that same rumor. I have zip SM merchandise outside the novels themselves, the movies, and a couple season sets from years ago, so that's why I don't feel bad about getting them. Plus, they should look great in this form going by most chibi clipart.

_________________
Image
Listening to most often lately:
Conan Gray ~ "Overdrive"
Carly Rae Jepsen ~ "Gimmie Love"
Carly Rae Jepsen ~ "Your Type"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Funko POP! Disney
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:45 am 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:54 am
Posts: 14576
Oh, they haven't been released- that's why I didn't know about them! And I have a mini Daenyrus wearing a dress but I really like that one! Thank you!

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Funko POP! Disney
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:06 pm 
Offline
Limited Edition
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:10 am
Posts: 1506
Location: North Bay, Ontario
Speaking of Game of Thrones POP... my amazon order came in today and completed my little display (for the time being, wave six is coming soon!)

Image

Time to focus on fleshing out my villains collection:

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Funko POP! Disney
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:13 am 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:54 am
Posts: 14576
I like how you display them! I'm moving soon and most of mine are in bags, but to have levels of them on a shelf to save room is genius!!!

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Funko POP! Disney
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:48 am 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:33 am
Posts: 5414
Location: UK
I'm really confused about the Once figures, as I thought they had launched, but everywhere keeps saying 'Available October' or 'More Stock Coming Soon' have they just all sold out and I've missed them ? :? I'll be gutted if I have, as I've had my heart set on them !


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Funko POP! Disney
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:58 pm 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:54 am
Posts: 14576
Atlantica, Calendars.com has them (I haven't bought them, but I just did a search). Funko's website still says "Coming in September." So definitely check other shops because it seems that they are out!

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Funko POP! Disney
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:58 pm 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:26 pm
Posts: 13019
@Atlantica: I wish I could answer, but I'm not sure. They might've sold out (the OUAT fandom is fierce). Don't worry, I'm sure they'll be re-stocked. Speaking of OUAT, I'd read that the Regina exclusive (where her dress is black/silver and she's holding a heart instead of an apple) is supposed to become widely available soon.

Widdi, I have the same villains in the same pattern, except differently ordered--Maleficent at the center. :D I hope they keep the villains looking great! I'd love a second shelf with Mim, Shan-Yu, Lady Tremaine, Hades, Yzma, the Queen of Hearts, and Frollo. (John Silver, Ratigan and the Horned King, too, but they're probably unlikely.) I'd probably get Gaston, Ratcliffe, Medusa, Hans, and Gothel depending on how they look, even if I'm not as big a fan of them. Lucifer and Si/Am (entwined tails) would be great, too; I'd say the same for Flotsam/Jetsam, but I can't think how they'd make those two look good.

My villain pipedreams are for variants of Chernabog on a mountain, Facilier (with a skull mask), Vanessa, Ursula with crown/trident, Jafar in Sultan attire, and the Queen holding the box for SW's heart (her iconic pose). The first two would allow me to have Chernabog/Facilier in some form since the regular versions are ugly. :(

_________________
Image
Listening to most often lately:
Conan Gray ~ "Overdrive"
Carly Rae Jepsen ~ "Gimmie Love"
Carly Rae Jepsen ~ "Your Type"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Funko POP! Disney
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:13 pm 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:59 pm
Posts: 3746
Location: S.H.I.E.L.D. Headquarters
Of the 15 POPs I have, only two are Disney. However, the one of Gus Gus in the shoe from the 2015 Cinderella movie is beautiful! Possibly my favourite.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Funko POP! Disney
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:52 pm 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:26 pm
Posts: 13019
For those who want to know, there are going to be 4 new Toy Story pops. I would put the picture in my Photobucket for all of you to see, but that site is such a pain to loads, so I apologize. Here's the link if you have a username.

Anyway--the 4 are Woody, Buzz, Ham, and Rex. Rex looks a little odd, but they got the face right anyway.

_________________
Image
Listening to most often lately:
Conan Gray ~ "Overdrive"
Carly Rae Jepsen ~ "Gimmie Love"
Carly Rae Jepsen ~ "Your Type"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Funko POP! Disney
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:39 pm 
Offline
Collector's Edition
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:10 am
Posts: 659
Location: Arkansas
Widdi wrote:
Time to focus on fleshing out my villains collection:

Image


I love seeing pictures of all the villains lined up. Be sure to post another one whenever you get around to finishing your collection! They look so uniform and cool lined up, don't they? I still need to get the Evil Queen, Maleficent, Prince John, Kaa and now Dr. Facilier. I don't think I'll probably ever get Ursula or Cruella now. I waited too long. (Unless Funko 'unvaults' them, a practice that is widely scorned on the Funko Forum... Don't get me STARTED on THAT, though, :lol: )

I'm probably going to get Facilier and Prince John next. Those are the two that I feel I want the most out of the villains that I don't have.

Disney's Divinity wrote:
My villain pipedreams are for variants of Chernabog on a mountain, Facilier (with a skull mask), Vanessa, Ursula with crown/trident, Jafar in Sultan attire, and the Queen holding the box for SW's heart (her iconic pose). The first two would allow me to have Chernabog/Facilier in some form since the regular versions are ugly. :(


Ah, I like Facilier. I think he's cute. But Chernabog, yeah. He is a little weak. I think if they did him NOW, he'd look AMAZING. I mean, just look at the difference between the original Toy Story Pops and the ones that are coming out now. They've really stepped up their game, design wise.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Funko POP! Disney
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:12 am 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:35 am
Posts: 2001
The word is that Funko has the rights to Steven Universe now, and that they're going to release Pops for Steven and the core gems around the holidays, as Hot Topic exclusives.

Count me in! I'm trying to decide if I need Garnet or Pearl more. But I do also want them to make Pops for the older CN originals, as well as the Looney Tunes as they originally announced.

_________________
New blog! Expect Simpsons reviews, Disney pieces, and more coming here! Please subscribe.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Funko POP! Disney
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:58 am 
Offline
Limited Edition
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:10 am
Posts: 1506
Location: North Bay, Ontario
ProfessorRatigan wrote:
I love seeing pictures of all the villains lined up. Be sure to post another one whenever you get around to finishing your collection! They look so uniform and cool lined up, don't they? I still need to get the Evil Queen, Maleficent, Prince John, Kaa and now Dr. Facilier. I don't think I'll probably ever get Ursula or Cruella now. I waited too long. (Unless Funko 'unvaults' them, a practice that is widely scorned on the Funko Forum... Don't get me STARTED on THAT, though, :lol: )

I'm probably going to get Facilier and Prince John next. Those are the two that I feel I want the most out of the villains that I don't have.

Disney's Divinity wrote:
My villain pipedreams are for variants of Chernabog on a mountain, Facilier (with a skull mask), Vanessa, Ursula with crown/trident, Jafar in Sultan attire, and the Queen holding the box for SW's heart (her iconic pose). The first two would allow me to have Chernabog/Facilier in some form since the regular versions are ugly. :(


Ah, I like Facilier. I think he's cute. But Chernabog, yeah. He is a little weak. I think if they did him NOW, he'd look AMAZING. I mean, just look at the difference between the original Toy Story Pops and the ones that are coming out now. They've really stepped up their game, design wise.


I'm really lucky that I picked up Ursula and Cruella when I did. They were among my first POPs. Paid less than $10 a piece for them. One of the stores I frequent had an Ursula sitting on the shelf for about two years. When I noticed they were starting to spike in price I was going to grab her, but alas someone else beat me to it.

Shere Khan and Prince John are next on my buy list as both have been vaulted already. They probably didn't receive a second production run considering they were common for less than year. This likely means they will increase in value in the near future. The big vault shock of recent time is Aurora. She hasn't even showed up in stores I shop at yet and she is already listed as Vaulted. I was planning on holding out for a Blue Dress variant, but I don't know if one will come now.

Sleeping Beauty really needs more pops. I'm really surprised a 6" Dragon Maleficent hasn't come yet. It seems every second 6" Pop is a Dragon of some sort. She seems kinda obvious.

The new Toy Story Pops are amazing. The only one I have already is the Alien, so I will definitely be picking them up.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Funko POP! Disney
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:02 pm 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:59 pm
Posts: 3746
Location: S.H.I.E.L.D. Headquarters
Widdi wrote:
Sleeping Beauty really needs more pops. I'm really surprised a 6" Dragon Maleficent hasn't come yet. It seems every second 6" Pop is a Dragon of some sort. She seems kinda obvious.


I'd buy that, along with a Briar Rose Pop if they made one.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Funko POP! Disney
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:48 pm 
Offline
Collector's Edition
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:10 am
Posts: 659
Location: Arkansas
Widdi wrote:
I'm really lucky that I picked up Ursula and Cruella when I did. They were among my first POPs. Paid less than $10 a piece for them. One of the stores I frequent had an Ursula sitting on the shelf for about two years. When I noticed they were starting to spike in price I was going to grab her, but alas someone else beat me to it.


Yeah, there was an Ursula at my local Barnes and Noble for a long time and I put off buying because, 'it would always be there.' Silly me. I didn't foresee these things ever fetching high prices on the secondary market! Perhaps because I was so hesitant to even spend 10 dollars on them at the time...

Widdi wrote:
Shere Khan and Prince John are next on my buy list as both have been vaulted already. They probably didn't receive a second production run considering they were common for less than year. This likely means they will increase in value in the near future. The big vault shock of recent time is Aurora. She hasn't even showed up in stores I shop at yet and she is already listed as Vaulted. I was planning on holding out for a Blue Dress variant, but I don't know if one will come now.


No kidding! That is mind-boggling. I had NO idea that ANY of those were vaulted until just now! Thanks for the heads up. I'll definitely try to pick up Prince John sooner rather than later. I can't believe Aurora and Scar are Vaulted now, too.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Funko POP! Disney
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:19 pm 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:26 pm
Posts: 13019
I'm not really surprised by how few SB pops there are; they almost seem to choose characters and properties at random. I mean, Sir Hiss over Maid Marian, for instance? And they'd release big lines for Frozen and TJB, but then ignore characters like Hans, Aladdin, and Flynn/Gothel.

Others on the funko forum talked about how cool it would be, and I agree, if they released a villains line or a Disney prince line to complete the rosters. I think it's odd they have so little interest in the male love interests. I know they are rarely Disney's most popular characters, but they have to know most fans of each film would want to complete the pair so to speak. It's like buying only the bride for a wedding topper.

_________________
Image
Listening to most often lately:
Conan Gray ~ "Overdrive"
Carly Rae Jepsen ~ "Gimmie Love"
Carly Rae Jepsen ~ "Your Type"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Funko POP! Disney
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:43 pm 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:54 am
Posts: 14576
Disney's Divinity wrote:
I think it's odd they have so little interest in the male love interests. I know they are rarely Disney's most popular characters, but they have to know most fans of each film would want to complete the pair so to speak.


I'm moving in a few weeks, and I packed up the rest of my Pops yesterday, and I had that exact thought- I wish I could complete my Princess pairs. I mean, Tiana comes with froggie Naveen, and I *just* ordered Beast, but I think those are the only princes available (besides Prince John, who doesn't exactly count in this instance!).

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Funko POP! Disney
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:16 am 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:33 am
Posts: 5414
Location: UK
Thanks guys for answering about Once figures ... I emailed Forbidden Planet, and they said Once has been massively popular so are fighting to restock ! Which is good news, but still ... poop for me haha. I need to get to my local store, but Forbidden Planet near me only have Regina, Snow, and Charming, not Emma. So will pop along and pick them up, but really want Emma ! I wonder who will be included in their second wave ? (If Once gets one).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Funko POP! Disney
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:18 am 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:54 am
Posts: 14576
Atlantica, Amazon doesn't have what you're looking for? I ordered the Beast Pop from Amazon and I saw some Once pops on the same page...?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Funko POP! Disney
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:39 am 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:26 pm
Posts: 13019
Atlantica wrote:
I emailed Forbidden Planet, and they said Once has been massively popular so are fighting to restock ! Which is good news, but still ... poop for me haha.

I can believe that. The Regina exclusive they had was being fought over at insane prices ($200+) even though it's supposed to be sold mainstream soon.

_________________
Image
Listening to most often lately:
Conan Gray ~ "Overdrive"
Carly Rae Jepsen ~ "Gimmie Love"
Carly Rae Jepsen ~ "Your Type"


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1436 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 72  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DisneyFreak5282 and 22 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group