DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1432 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72  Next
 Post subject: Re: Funko POP! Disney
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:13 am 
Platinum Edition

I know that the Raya Pops are out (https://www.hottopic.com/search?q=raya+ ... ast+dragon), and I was tempted to at least get Sisu, but I spent a lot of $ yesterday at the vet (he's fine) and at urgent care (I'm fine)...but they're not too expensive. Has anyone bought any yet? I haven't bought a Pop in almost a year (Ian & Barley from Onward & Aggretsuko), and the 3 I bought last time are still in the boxes because I haven't taken the time to find a space to squeeze them in (it's not *just* Pops)... I had canceled my TGMD Pop orders [ :( ] due to saving $. Sigh. Collecting as an adult = other priorities come first. I've been thinking a lot of about retirement and saving money but I do know I want something of Sisu, and a Pop's going to be one of the cheapest options... Maybe they'll come out with Happy Meal toys! :p

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:55 pm 
Platinum Edition

^ I bought Chernabog the other day finally, but I haven't really bought many pops the past year; just going through my checkbook, I see it was only Vanessa, Shang, Ratigan, Quasi, Esmeralda, and now Chernabog this year. I've appreciated having a "slow" year when it comes to Funko, even if I know it wasn't a choice on their part, but because of COVID. They come a little too quick sometimes, and I did buy around five of the Frozen 2 pops the previous Christmas. I've thought about buying a few old pops lately now they're priced lower, like the Fairy Godmother for example. I'm happy everything turned out okay with you at urgent care. :) I absolutely understand wanting to save for retirement over buying merch.

I actually didn't even know the Raya pops were available yet although I've seen the pictures. I thought they wouldn't come out until the movie does. :lol: I don't have much urgency when it comes to pops since the common ones at every store usually stay available for a very long time now. The Sisu pop is very cute. I guess part of me figures they'll eventually make a bigger version of dragon!Sisu--especially if she ends up as popular as I think she will--and I want to wait for that. I don't like to buy the same character more than once (barring different outfits or if it's TLM-related) if I can avoid it, so sometimes I try to guess what Funko will put out down the line. I might go ahead and buy the main Raya pop now. If I like Namaari after seeing the film, I'll get her, too.

Utada Hikaru ~ "Simple and Clean"
Ariana Grande ~ "test drive"

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:46 pm 
Platinum Edition

Do you have Chernabog yet, or you're waiting for him to come in the mail? I had forgotten about his Pop; he'd look great next to the Horned King. And thank you. :) LOL, I'm only 35 but I'm just thinking that I'd like to try and retire someday... One or two Pops won't keep me from that goal... But on the flip side, I get more for my dollar when I buy books...still want a Sisu though.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:48 pm 
Platinum Edition

I actually got Chernabog about an hour after I made that post that night. I have a free Amazon Prime trial, but I still didn't expect it since it was Sunday and already night-time. I have a snowglobe from Walt Disney World of all the villains together. Chernabog is on top with the Queen in her opening pose calling for the Magic Mirror inside the globe. Ursula's laid out in the front like a doormat with several others standing around. :lol: I planned to put Chernabog beside it for now. I have Magica de Spell on the other side. The Sword in the Stone pops have been rumored for a while. I had thought it would be cute to have Magica de Spell and Mim (once they make her) together, since I think those two characters + the Old Hag version of the Queen were in a lot of Disney comics as a trio back in the day?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:43 pm 
Platinum Edition

Just a head's up that Disney Movie Insiders has a 22 Pop (from Soul) for 750 points. Their site doesn't work great on my phone, so I'm not sure if they have other Pops. I just redeemed for her.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:07 pm 
Platinum Edition

You mean they have more than wallpapers available on Disney Movie Insiders now? Do they have any movies available yet?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:08 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

They’ve added quite a bit of stuff over the past few months, including movies.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:48 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

Lots of upcoming Disney Pops:

Pinocchio:

Alice in Wonderland:

Lilo & Stitch :

Mickey Mouse - Artist Series:

Luca:

Last edited by farerb on Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:05 pm 
Platinum Edition

I knew they'd eventually make better versions of the Mad Hatter and Cheshire Cat. The White Rabbit is perfect. I'd probably pass on the Mad Hatter except the March Hare is so cute and those have to go together. So I'll be getting most all the Alice pops other than the Alice ones and the Tweedles (never really liked those characters); the old Alice will be fine for me, but Alice with the flowers is really adorable although I'm not crazy with how the hair looks. I probably wouldn't get the Queen either since I have the old one that's fine (this new one's fabulous, even so) except that she'll have the King as part of the package and I'd really like to have him. I'm glad that they're holding their little heart scepters. I almost wonder if there will be variants of the Cheshire Cat made for exclusive retailers. I expect a Movie Moment of the Mad Tea Party someday, too.

I'll definitely be getting all the Pinocchio pops except for the Blue Fairy variant. It's one of my favorite films and that's the only reason I bought the original Pinocchio, even though it always looked kind of horrible to me. Figaro and Cleo are sooo adorable!! Hopefully they'll release Monstro as an exclusive somewhere. They've had so many Stitch pops, but these will be the first I buy--Stitch with the ukelele and Lilo with her doll. :) No, wait, have they made Lilo in her hula outfit yet? If not, I may wait for that. I'm not mad at any of these reveals, but I was really hoping The Sword in the Stone was coming next. :( I'm surprised Disney didn't greenlight more TP&TF pops to be made yet, what with Splash Mountain and Tiana.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:21 pm 
Platinum Edition

I had missed Figaro + Cleo when scrolling through, so I'm glad you just mentioned them. Super cute!! I just bought a bunch of Raya Pops but I collect Alice merch and only have her first Pop, so I may need to see if I can afford some of those ones...Um, will the Tweedles come together??

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:34 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Yes they will. I updated the post with the official images and even more pops including Luca's.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:35 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

The Pinocchio Pops are supposed to celebrate its 80th anniversary, but it missed that window...

But wow, Figaro + Cleo really is adorable. Geppetto looks great too, and I'm strongly considering the Blue Fairy. I'd also consider Alice with the flowers before I started cutting down my collection.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:42 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

I'm a bit surprised that they didn't announce anything for Beauty and the Beast for its 30th Anniversary.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:59 pm 
Platinum Edition

So when they have a small side item like the King of Hearts, it's called a Buddy pop? Well, at least there's a name for them now.

I wonder how many Stitch pops there have been altogether. I swear there's been one of him in that sitting pose before, hasn't there? The Luca pops are perfect. If I bought PIXAR, they would be a must.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:32 pm 
Platinum Edition

Yay, thank you, farerb!! I'm happy that the Tweedles do come together- how else could one choose?! OMG Pudge with the sandwich- that's really cute. Pop keychains are cute but the chain comes off so easily so I don't buy them. Wait- looking at the Stitch keychains- have they redesigned them? Instead of a screw in the head, are they a normal molded ring? Luca!!! I wish you could buy spare "Buddy Pops"- my Naveen's been missing for a long time. Or, ya know, they could make a full-size Naveen...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:43 pm 
Limited Edition

oh yeeeees! finally pops of Alice and the Blue Fairy for my heroines collection!
The Cheschire Cat, White Rabbit and Figaro & Cleo pops are super cure too, might pick them up...depends on what they look like in person.
Stitch... meh, they're nice but I got bored with Stitch after around the 2nd film. Ive never been able to get into collecting merch for that film since, even though I loved the first film and did get a lot of merch when it first came out. Maybe Ill just get a key chain.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:33 pm 
Platinum Edition

Since I'm definitely getting the Blue Fairy and I already have Tinker Bell and the Fairy Godmother, I suppose I should try to get the three fairies 3-pack at some point. That way I can group all the fairy godmother characters together. The only one missing now will be Mama Odie. Yensid and Merlin would probably look good with them, too. I tend to associate a lot of these characters together because of Kingdom Hearts anyway. Yensid, the Three Good Fairies, the Fairy Godmother, and Merlin all have sort of advisor roles in that series.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:08 pm 
Limited Edition

Imthe kind of OCD person that would do just that. :lol: Though I wouldn't worry about Odie b/c I see her more as an "old wise witch" type than fey/fairy...though I guess if youre gonna have a Disney fey collection you should include a Maleficent POP as well. :P

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:51 pm 
Platinum Edition

That's true. I guess I was thinking of them more as merely benevolent magical characters. I have two Maleficent pops, and I always pair one of them with the KH pops.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:42 pm 
Limited Edition

If only I knew Queen of Hearts would get this version. Nothing wrong the "cricket ball" but it´s so much better with the King.

...however, I´m not going to "upgrade" so I´ll stick with the original. By the way, I just noticed she doesn´t have an evil expression. And while it´s true that she wasn´t always mad she´s still a Villain so in that sense the original release is better. I wonder if Funko did it on purpose so people would get both versions and/or mix and match.

As for the Pinocchio Pops, on the one hand I´m sad there are no Villains -more so with how many it has- but on the other it means I don´t need to buy more.

...still, I´m sure Villains will show up. Funko did reveal they created a Disney Villains line so they´ll appear there eventually.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1432 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72  Next