Funko POP! Disney

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Funko POP! Disney

Post by Disney's Divinity »

unprincess wrote:oh, I was fortunate to be able to get the two I wanted from the first wave, Briar Rose and Jasmine, from Boxlunch. But I had to return Jasmine b/c she was damaged. I still haven't had the chance to get a replacement. I hope the Ariel you ordered ships soon.
I suppose the pandemic is the reason for the delays. I'm surprised you were able to get Briar Rose and Jasmine. I decided to look elsewhere at the Ariel pop just now and the only place that even has it up for pre-order right now says it'll be available in January 2022, which makes me think more stock is coming. I believe the Ursula Throne pop has been delayed, too, since the order was cancelled by Amazon. (The same site that listed the Ultimate Princess Ariel pop as coming Jan. 2022 lists the Ursula Throne pop as coming in July 2022. :lol: :lol: That'll be a year after the pictures of it was first revealed, but I don't mind these things being spaced out to spare my pocketbook.) I'm going to try ordering it from somewhere else, too, I guess. I just think the supply issue right now is sort of ridiculous considering the worst of the pandemic was last year... They even shut down for a little while, and there were really no problems until midway through this year? Weird.

It's sort of like how you still can't find a PS5 in any store despite it having come out almost a year ago now. I don't buy the pandemic excuse for that one. I think they're keeping their sales higher using the lack of availability to gin up hype, making the console seem like it's so popular that nobody can get their hands on one.

EDIT: Yeah, I think it's more likely the pops are having continual delays because of the pandemic. The Ursula Throne Pop is listed for July 2022 now on several other sites, too. I'm not going to complain if the pops are more spread out, because I was a little overwhelmed by the idea of having the buy so many at one time this Fall anyway (among the Wonderland, TSitS, the new villains / princess pops, Flynn). So I'm guessing the only things I'll end up being able to get this fall in reality now are the TSitS pops. The Wonderland ones at the end of January, then the princess / villain stuff over the next few months after that.

I was thinking of getting the Gold Ariel w/ pin at Funko.com. I mean, part of me would like to have that variant for all the princesses (the silver Snow White looked really cute and so does the gold Tiana), but I know that would be wasting money to buy simple re-colors of pops I already have like that... I usually only make an exception for variants like that when it comes to Ariel and Ursula.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

yeah, I dont mind them postponing the releases(there were alot of good releases announced for this year) but I hate not being sure if thats actually whats been happening, like I wish Funko would make some official announcement on the matter on their website, b/c like I stated before, Ive seen the Ultimate Princess wave 2 and Alice pops on eBay already, so how did those sellers end up getting them if they been pushed back? :?

Im not a big fan of recolored pops either. I get reusing part of an existing mold for a new version or variant, but recoloring just seems like a lazy cash grab to me.

I was lucky to get Briar Rose who is really hard to find/much more expensive now. For the 2nd wave it seems Pocahontas is the HTF one b/c her original Pop is HTF & worth a lot of money now. She's one of the Ultimate Princess Pops I wanted the most(along with Briar Rose. ) Im thinking of just pre-ordering from Deep Discount and crossing my fingers they do get them in and that they arrive without any problems/flaws like Jasmine did.

The Alice Pop has been really HTF as well. If they dont release more stock of her Id love it if they make a new version with the flamingo.:up: I dont like the other variants currently available with the bottle and the "falling" pose.

I also need to pick up Raya and Sisu but I've waited too long to get them and now they are more expensive then when they were first released and Im really not crazy about paying more for those two considering I am pretty underwhelmed by how their pops turned out. I'm hoping at least with Sisu they release a larger version, but I dont know if they will, the movie doesn't seem to be popular enough to get a 2nd wave of Pops.
Disney's Divinity

I don't think Raya is that unpopular. I still see it getting a sequel at some point. But even if it was, even TSitS just got a bunch of pops, so I think it would get more in time regardless. I didn't know the original pop was rare and priced high now. TBH, I wasn't crazy about the original Pocahontas pop (or the new one for that matter). Pocahontas is clearly very hard to translate into pop form, but I got her just to have all the "princesses." It's one of the only pops I have that need to use the little clear circle platforms they sometimes come with because it leans over and falls without it. :roll: Since she's standing on flat feet, that's an unnecessary problem they made with that one. I think the only other pop I sometimes have a problem with it falling is the Kingdom Hearts Donald. He takes a fly all the time. :lol:

I agree, I wish there was more clarity about the releases. My guesses is supply is coming in very slowly, which is how people are managing to get them. Perhaps a little came into places, but not enough was coming at once that they decided to delay for a later time hoping more stock will be ready to release at once by then.
DC Fan
Anniversary Edition

Post by DC Fan »

Now that Gaston is getting a new Pop I could think of selling my old one for that but no. The new one is better in terms of the outfit and the expression really tells how vain he is. However, the original has him wearing his most known outfit and I like his evil expression.

As I said before, I sold the original Chernabog because the new one is better and I got a new Ursula for the same reason ; still wating for someone to buy me the original. But other than that I won´t be "upgrading" more Pops. If anything, Ratigan if he comes with his suit but I don´t think that´ll ever happen.
Disney's Divinity

Out of the blue, I got an e-mail that Amazon just shipped my Ariel Ultimate Princess POP today! :dance: The Arthur-Exalibur pop came in the mail two days ago, too. :)
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

SHOP: 50th Anniversary Walt Disney World Funko POP! Figures Now Available for Pre-Order
https://wdwnt.com/?p=545349
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

I've really been holding back on Pops lately, but I need the POTC pup!
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

New Olaf Funko Pops:
Disney's Divinity

I'm glad they made these, for kids who might be interested. They're cute. I only have the original Olaf pop, and I got that because I had all the other Frozen characters; while I find Josh Gad funny and charming as comic relief, I was never crazy about Olaf's design going back to when the first movie was being made. Despite that, I really did consider buying the Olaf pop they made for the Christmas special a few years ago... It looked cute, but I just couldn't pay $20 for that, as an exclusive would cost for me ($15 + $6 shipping). If it had been released as a normal pop or an Amazon exclusive, where I didn't have to pay shipping, I might've went through with it. The Rapunzel one is the cutest, but the only one I would even consider is the TLM one, and that's on my completionist tendencies. :lol:

I'm still disappointed they haven't made another Marshmallow pop besides that one in the 3-pack years ago. I already had the other two in the set and didn't want to buy them again at the time. :( I thought for sure, with as popular as Frozen is, they'd eventually make a pop of Marshmallow with Elsa's tiara on top from the first film's end credits. I still have hope it will happen, I just didn't think it would take this long with how trigger-happy Disney is with Frozen merchandise.
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

Farerb wrote:New Olaf Funko Pops:
:lol: :lol: :lol: These are so cute
Disney's Divinity

Just bought Flynn Rider. I'm surprised the Tiana exclusive hasn't appeared yet, still. The exclusives make me more nervous than the standard pops. Even if it takes a while, I know I'll eventually get standard pops, but exclusives... It's slow-going, but I hope to have a lineup of the princes / male protagonists the way I do the princesses and villains eventually. :P Shang, Eric, Flynn, Aladdin, Hercules, Kristoff. There's Beast, too, I guess, but I'd rather have the human version of the character to go with those.

Also got the 10th anniversary Hermione Granger. I've been waiting ages for the right Hermione to get to complete the trio, and I figured this is as good as it gets since I thought I'd like Cat!Hermione and didn't. I'm more attached to my image of the characters from the books, which is why I passed on the HP line overall because it's more film-centric. That and live-action pops rarely stand out in this design like animated characters with their vibrant colors do. Anyway, the 10th anniversary pop is how she looks in the first film, which was back when the films were more faithful to how the characters looked in the stories for the most part. And she's wearing a Christmas sweater to top it off, which will match well with the Ron and Harry I have (Christmas Sweater Ron and Hogsmeade-dressed Harry holding Hedwig).
Disney's Divinity

I'm not a parks person, but I'm really regretting not getting the Alice in teacup Ride they released a while back. The Queen of Hearts teacup ride is so cute; they would've been great as a pair. The Alice one's around $90 on Amazon now. :lol: I could still get the QoH by herself at least.

EDIT: I think I will get the QoH. It's just too adorable, I can't. I looked up a YouTube video that showed it out of the box, and apparently there were also Cheshire Cat and Mad Hatter Teacup releases I'm only just now learning about. Cheshire Cat's was a part of that Wondercon event (no idea what specific site it was exclusive to at the time). No idea about the Mad Hatter. Cheshire Cat is going for $800. :lol: Too bad, his was much cuter than Alice's, imo.

EDIT x2: I often have random, stray thoughts when it comes to Funko, which is why I edit rather than multi-posting: Come to think of it, we still haven't seen Ultimate Princess Mulan and Belle, have we? (Or UP Elsa, Anna either, if they're being included.) Perhaps they want to include Mirabel as part of the releases and is the reason pictures haven't even been put out about them. (I wish they'd include Raya.) I recently re-watched the scene of the princesses in Ralph Breaks the Internet, and I still wish the Wrecked Princesses variants would release. :/

The Amazon Warehouse is a God-send. I was able to get Queen & King of Hearts via the Warehouse, used. Usually the only thing wrong with them is a graze on the box or something random they know the more crazy collectors will reject and send back. It might be the only way I'll get some of these at a (normal) price considering the supply issues and consequent price hikes.

Still debating the Queen of Hearts Teacup Ride... It's sooo cute, but I also know they're going to make a version of the QoH in her courtbox "throne." I might end up with more QoHs than I expected. :lol:
DC Fan
Anniversary Edition

Post by DC Fan »

Here they are....

DC Fan
Anniversary Edition

Post by DC Fan »

There´s this Belle with Rose but the image is too big.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FFjd6KRX0AwQz6n.jpg
Disney's Divinity

I was just able to get the Mim Dragon pop through Amazon Warehouse for $8. :dance: I'd love for it to be the Chase version, but I've never got a chase before and don't expect to here. Really wish the sick version had been an exclusive somewhere instead of a chase. Also went ahead and pre-ordered the regular Mim even though it was $11.99; hopefully a few dollars might get scratched off before it ships (Pre-Order Price Guarantee), but it all balances out since the dragon one should've been around $15 really. I haven't got Merlin yet, but its pre-order is at $20 right now. Hopefully it'll come back down again. Same with the Cheshire Cat and the White Rabbit. The Amazon Warehouse is my only way of getting Funko if I don't want to buy them all at $12 like the Mim, unfortunately. So I'm just keeping my eye on the three of those + the Tremaine pop (and for whenever the Tiana BoxLunch pop will come out, maybe 20 years from now :roll: ) since I pre-ordered Ursula Throne at Target.

Unfortunately, the box the Queen of Hearts w/ King came in was torn all over, which--while disappointing--didn't bother me too much (you take your chances with the Warehouse) since I take them out of the box anyway, I just wish the box hadn't been sticky on the back. :/
blackcauldron85

That's a great price for Dragon Mim!! :dance: When you say Amazon Warehouse, is that the same as Amazon Marketplace where other sellers sell items, sometimes used? If not, what are you talking about?

I want to get Mim in some form, along with other SitS and Encanto and Alice Pops, but $ is super tight (major vet bills among other things) so Pops are the last thing I need and I still have Pops in boxes that I have no room for.
Disney's Divinity

Amazon Warehouse is where Amazon-sold items that I think are considered damaged in some way when they come in (so they're discounted) or either have been returned end up. So in a way it's "used" items, but sold via Amazon directly instead of random sellers like Goodwill, book stores, or whatever. Here's a link that I have bookmarked to search through Funko: https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss ... nko+disney

I also look through CDs there, too, which is how I occasionally get them for cheap if something I want shows up there. :P I think also when they have overstock of something that isn't selling well, they dump some of the supply in the Warehouse, too; at least that's just my theory, since so many Christmas CDs show up there after the holidays. I would say 70% of the time I buy something through the Warehouse, when it comes, it looks almost brand new, sometimes unopened, with maybe a "Warehouse" sticker on the back or maybe a scratch on the CD case, something like that. But the past two Funko I've bought there, the boxes have been pretty rough. It depends on how much you care about the box, imo.
blackcauldron85

Thanks for letting me know! I got an error message using your link, but I found the Warehouse. I'll check it out!!!!
Disney's Divinity

I know the new B&tB pops have already been posted, but I don't remember this new Cogworth where he's inside one of the dishes. I'm surprised they didn't make a version of him where his head's submerged in green jello. :lol: Even though most of these do look nice--the Winter Belle is better than the old one and Lumiere w/ Cap is adorable--the only one I'll get is Gaston's proposal outfit since I already have a Lumiere and Winter Belle. On the other hand, I'm really glad I have the original blue dress Belle pop since they repeated the huge bow from the green dress pop. It's a shame they didn't make the green dress before they got the dumb idea to make the bows on her huge. :/ Anyway, I really wish they'd made the Featherduster this time. She's the main pop aside from human Beast left that I really, really would like to have from the film. I'm surprised they didn't make Maurice or LeFou for that matter, not that I'm really interested in those.

They probably could make a Gaston "throne" pop of him sitting in his huge, antlered chair, lol. Come to think of it, we now have two pops of Gaston and still zero of Hans. Weird. Aw, I just saw a picture of a Celia pop (Monsters, Inc.). I don't buy PIXAR stuff, but she looks adorable. She's one of those very few PIXAR characters (like Edna Mode and Elastigirl) that I really love.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

DC Fan wrote:There´s this Belle with Rose but the image is too big.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FFjd6KRX0AwQz6n.jpg
That is Belle with the magic mirror, not a rose.