Funko POP! Disney

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
SpaceAce
Gold Classic Collection

Re: Funko POP! Disney

Post by SpaceAce »

Got my Disney Treasures Tiny Town box yesterday. The it's a small world Dorbz is the highlight of the box. The map that comes in the box says there will be a another set released as a Parks Exclusive with the Dorbz being from Africa and Asia.
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

Avaitor wrote:Also, we're getting Disney Afternoon Mystery Minis. It's surprising to see Morgana as one, when she didn't get a Pop. And I guess this means TaleSpin and Rescue Rangers Pops should be coming soon.
I got sooo excited when I first saw these, they're so freakin' cute! I'm a little alarmed that they're mystery boxes though; I get why they do that, but I hate making blind buys in hope of finding the figures I want at the eventual risk of getting duplicates of ones I don't, and I don't exactly want to pay scalper eBay prices either.

Oh well, guess they're hooking me this time. :p Gotta get Morgana and Darkwing, of course. Scrooge and LP are super cute too, and they'd all look great on one of my shelves.
Widdi
Anniversary Edition

Post by Widdi »

Snow White Pops and Pint Size Heroes officially revealed.

The Dwarfs are tempting, but I'll be passing on everyone but the Hag. I've been trying to cut down my collection (it's at over 300 pieces right now) and prioritize new purchases. My villains collection is still my favorite part of my set, and one I'm most willing to keep expanding.
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

The new yellow dress Snow White is very pretty (although I wish you could see more of her shoes), but I already have the old one and there’s something about the dress that seems to stretch out farther than it should? Eh, doesn’t matter.

One of the main reasons I’m glad they made her in her rags is because the “I’m Wishing/One Song” scene is my favorite in the movie and if they—God willing and not as a ----ing Disney Treasure—make the Prince in the future, they’ll look so cute together. :D
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Disney's Divinity

New princess pops!!!

MULAN IS SO CUTE! :pink: Jasmine looks nice, too, but I already have one of her and I don't think she wears that veil thingy on her green outfit at all in the film; I think it's just a Disney Princess merchandise outfit. I would've much preferred one of her purple outfits. They're my favorites for her.

I'm happy about a Blue Dress Aurora, but I'm not sure what BAMF Chase is. I might not be able to get it if it's a Chase anyway... :(
Widdi
Anniversary Edition

Post by Widdi »

The Aurora Pop is gorgeous, except for the hair! The updated Princess design hair strikes again! It made me not buy the new Cinderella despite the gorgeousness of the body mold and it will probably stop me from buying the new Aurora. Hate that they used that outfit on Jasmine, she is an easy pass for me. That Mulan and Merida though... neither were characters I was clamoring for a Pop of, but I don't know, both of those Pops are pretty freaking amazing. I love that Mulan has her cheat notes on her forearm!

This leaves only Pocahontas needing a "dancing" variant. Not sure what they will do for her, but her updated look is that different, so if it's a nice pose I may get her.

The Chase Aurora is a 1 in 6 so it will likely be still fairly easy to find, or at least to buy on the secondary market. The 1 in 6 chases released this year are all sitting around the $25-30 price range. Just don't try to buy it right away, cause prices do drop a couple months later before they start climbing again. The Books A Million glitter version isn't a chase piece, so if you have a BAM nearby (which being Canadian I don't, thankfully I have no interest in this piece) getting one should not be an issue. I see Glitter Variants now have their own sticker too ala the new pink "Flocked" sticker and the classic yellow "Glow-in-the-Dark".
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Widdi wrote:The Aurora Pop is gorgeous, except for the hair! The updated Princess design hair strikes again!
And her collar. :(
Disney's Divinity

Widdi wrote:The Aurora Pop is gorgeous, except for the hair! The updated Princess design hair strikes again!
I thought her hair looked a little too much like the DP line makeover and I definitely didn't like lines not being on the dress, but I completely missed her collar being different like Duster mentioned. Definite pass now.

You're right that Merida is very cute. I'm not interested, but the pop does look very good. I wouldn't mind a Pocahontas variant, because the original is a little ho-hum. Too bad sequels seem off-limits (well, that's a good thing for the most part...), because I wouldn't mind a pop of her in that dress that she wears while singing "Where Do I Go From Here?"

I’m glad there seems to be another Jasmine coming down the pipes in the red, slave outfit. Apparently Genie Jafar is coming, too, and I really hope the black lamp is included*. I hope they don’t screw it up like Chernabog though by giving him legs/feet. I hope they’re making a new Genie, too, with his lamp. The smoke/vapor lower body would probably be a challenge for them to make though, I guess. And please let there be a Prince Ali.

* Apparently there's a new, regular Jafar to go along with the Genie Jafar? My guess would be his sorcerer outfit. Somehow I think it'll never happen, but I'd love one of him dressed in the white Sultan garb. A Cobra Jafar would be more likely.
I love that Mulan has her cheat notes on her forearm!
That detail flew past me! This pop is more amazing than I realized.
Disney's Divinity

I wonder if it's safe to buy Pluto/Dragon Maleficent via Amazon? I imagine all you will get is the pops themselves and not the rest of the boxes they came in (which I had absolutely zip interest in the first freaking place). Anyone else ordered them this way?

I looked at the Disney Treasures website. I'm not sure if it's possible to buy old boxes?? It says I need a subscription first, but a subscription automatically means you order--I guess?--the next 6 boxes to come? So I have to buy 6 other boxes before I can buy one of the old ones I actually want. Another personal F.U. to Disney for ruining a good thing, thanks. I just got a new job, so I thought I'd at least get Pluto. Dragon Maleficent I want, too, but if I miss her it's not a big deal considering the pop is frankly a little disappointing.
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Widdi wrote:http://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories/fun ... exclusive/
A lot of forum/reddit members are speculating that this box could be where we see the Orange Bird pop that had its prototype leaked to the internet a few months ago...I could be wrong, but if I do end up with an Orange Bird pop in August it will likely be sold or traded.
Funko Pop! Release: Orange Bird Disney Theme Park Exclusive
http://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories/fun ... exclusive/
Disney's Divinity

TRON looks cute. I'm not a big TRON fan, but I might get him just because I liked the character in Kingdom Hearts and associate TRON with that game. I don't care about Sark.

Funny that the new princess pops are coming out a month sooner than the Snow White line, but the SW pops were revealed first??
Disney's Divinity

I know this is not Disney, but I had to freak out a little over the new wave of Sailor Moon pops just revealed. :float: :pink: :mickana: I’m so glad the Outers are all holding their weapons; I knew Saturn/Pluto would be, but I was scared they’d leave off the sword/mirror for the other two. And Beryl looks fantastic, too! I’m getting all the new ones except the glitter variant Chibimoon. I’m going to try to get the Sailor V exclusive, but who knows if I’ll manage it. I only wish they’d made a Princess Serenity/Prince Endymion to go with this wave. I wouldn’t have minded Wise Man, Dark Lady, or Mistress 9 either.

I got my Pluto pop via Amazon today. It looks sooo cute; I couldn’t let it go. I might just pass over Dragon Maleficent. The Mulan pop comes out in the next week, then I need to keep an eye out for the KH Donald and Goofy Halloween pops (hopefully they won’t be so rare as to be impossible to find; please just be on the website PLEASE) and the Snow White ToysRUs exclusive which’ll probably be a pain. And now I'm hoping the rest of the Kingdom Hearts set is revealed in the next week or two.

EDIT: KH just revealed. I'm getting them, but they look slightly...cheap-ish? I wish we'd got the trio in their KH1 outfits, but these are okay. Another ToysRUs exclusive. :roll: And now a BestBuy exclusive???? These exclusives are going to be the death of me.
bruno_wbt
Anniversary Edition

Post by bruno_wbt »

Are the Hocus Pocus pops coming anytime soon?

I saw some pictures but I think they're fake...
Disney's Divinity

ALADDIN SERIES!!!

I'm only getting Jasmine, Aladdin, and Genie Jafar. Passing on the sidekicks and the exclusives. It's a shame with all these pops and they didn't make a Prince Ali version of Aladdin. But hopefully Aladdin (the character)'ll sell well and they'll realize that the male characters are worth making already!
ProfessorRatigan
Special Edition

Post by ProfessorRatigan »

When I saw that Genie Jafar, I KNEW I had to Pre-order the whole set to get the Chase! Wow! Favorite POP in a long, long time (and in my opinion, they've been releasing a TON of great ones here lately... The Batman '66 set, Batman: the Animated Series Wave 2, Resident Evil, Powerpuff Girls, The Shining, Hellboy... Funko has been really beating on my wallet!).

Really looking forward to the Hag and Yzma and Kronk! I sincerely hope we'll get Hunchback and Hercules POPS in the future (those two are STILL my most-wanted lines).

Sadly, I missed out on the Disney Treasures Maleficent. Is there anybody on here who isn't really that partial to theirs who might consider selling it? Because I really wanted that one and was going to order it when I had the money but it sold out! :cry:
Disney's Divinity

I’m thinking of getting the Jasmine exclusive over the regular version. The pop itself is a bit boring, and that extra flair will add something to it. Anyway, the Snow White and Aladdin pops will be coming out in about two weeks from now. Getting the TRU Snow White is the only thing I’m worried about. I wish I could get her and Queen Beryl at the same time, but I’m guessing Beryl won’t be released until the end of November. :/

Well, I missed the Halloween Town D&G. They were only in stock on the website one time that I saw about a week ago, but they would be out of stock by the time I’d go to cart. Pisses me off so **** much, ugh. Why even bother making the things at all if only 5 people can get them in-stores and the rest have to pay $200 for them, jeez. I like collecting pops, but Funko is crap like most all companies are. I passed over Sailor V. I only planned to pick her up alongside those two, not just go out of the way to get her, and I always hated Venus anyway. Plus $15 + $5 shipping--lunacy. I guess we're hitting the overexposed stage for Funko at this point. I wonder if it'll crash at some point like most other fads. Even though I collect pops, I'll always enjoy seeing a money hungry company getting its just desserts.

I just hope I don’t miss Halloween Town Sora, Final Form Sora, or Queen Beryl… :( I suppose glam shots of Yzma and Kronk should be showing up sometime soon.
Disney's Divinity

The TENG pops have been revealed. Emperor Kuzko looks horrible, but Yzma, Pacha, and Llama Kuzko look perfect. Looking at the glam shots, I couldn’t help but be struck by how strange it is to see merchandise for this movie. Anyone else had that reaction?? :lol: I’m definitely getting Yzma and Kronk. And maybe Llama Kuzko, too…
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

Yeah, I wasn't impressed with Emperor Kuzco, but I'm thinking of getting his llama form with Yzma and Kronk, who are must-buys.
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

I finally broke down and bought most of the Darkwing set while I was at Stan Lee's con this past Saturday. How could I resist when I'd met Jim Cummings just a couple of hours before? :D

I just wonder how long I can keep them away from my son--

Oh, never mind. :p
Attachments
IMG_2932.JPG
IMG_2932.JPG (104.35 KiB) Viewed 5628 times
IMG_2978.JPG
IMG_2978.JPG (108.79 KiB) Viewed 5628 times
Rose Dome
Special Edition

Post by Rose Dome »

^