Funko POP! Disney

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Widdi
Anniversary Edition

Re: Funko POP! Disney

Post by Widdi »

I think Lady and the Tramp turned out really cute. I'm sure flocked versions will show up somewhere.

Barnes and Noble leaked placeholders for new Goofy and Donald Pops, along with a Pete and a Chip and Dale 2-pack. Looks like after a pretty lackluster year in catalogue title pops being made that we will getting a lot of classic characters in 2017.
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I read over at a KH website that there was some GameStop listing a Kingdom Hearts version of Mickey coming... Who knows if that's true, but it made me wonder--on top of what you just posted Widdi--if the new Donald & Goofy will be KH versions of them, with a KH version of Pete and Chip & Dale, too? I hope so...
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Disney's Divinity

Funko Pop coming: the aforementioned Kingdom Hearts pops, DuckTales, TailSpin, Chip N Dale Rescue Rangers, Darkwing Duck, Gravity Falls, Cars 3, Ratatouille, and Live-Action Beauty and the Beast.

I’m looking forward to the KH ones and DuckTales, mostly to get Scrooge. I really hope they make Magica de Spell! I might consider (if they made them) Mrs. Beakley + Webby, Goldy, Ma Beagle, and Flintheart.
Widdi
Anniversary Edition

Post by Widdi »

Ducktales and Darkwing Duck have made my day. Can't freaking wait.
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

Score for Disney Afternoon!

I can't help but wonder if they'll just do main characters (Scrooge, Chip, Dale, Baloo, and Darkwing) + possibly Launchpad, or if they'll go a little more expansive for each show. I'd really like to have Don Karnage and Magica join Scrooge and DW.
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

Widdi wrote:Ducktales and Darkwing Duck have made my day. Can't freaking wait.
I'm very happy to see this finally. At this point, I think the Disney Afternoon IP's were the biggest IP's not to be Funko figures yet!
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

It's surprising that until recently, there have been no Pops for any of Disney's television characters- not even Perry! The Disney Afternoon and Gravity Falls figures will change that.

Also, did you see that we're getting DuckTales keychains? As much as I love DW, I'm not sure if I want him and Negaduck here, though. I'd rather they save them for a Darkwing Duck or even a Disney Afternoon set, and use Magica for the extra character. But it's not like I'd complain if I got either one.
Disney's Divinity

http://www.poppriceguide.com/2017/01/fi ... east-pops/

Too bad I don't have all the money/space in the world, because Cogsworth and Mrs Potts/Chip are so cute...
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

So I've started buying Funko Pops. I have a love/hate relationship with them-- on one hand, their consistent design robs the characters of some of their uniqueness, but on the other hand, they're such a great way to show your geekdom.

I have Ariel (mermaid), Mary Poppins, Mickey (regular), and the Beast. I just ordered Sebastian and all the Golden Girls, too. (And I also have Hillary Clinton)

I wish I could have bought Sorceror Mickey once upon a time. I'd also love it if they'd release Bert and Mary in their Jolly Holiday costumes, and I'd snatch up all the Gargoyles characters-- but I'd settle for just Goliath, Elisa, and Demona.
Disney's Divinity

I wish I'd been smarter to pick up Sorcerer Mickey when I had the chance (same with Shere Khan and Prince John). Of course, with Sorcerer Mickey, I had a bit more excuse because I didn't know that pops would be "vaulted" when I first started collecting. I do have Steamboat Mickey though.

I definitely would've bought Hillary if I'd liked how the pop turned out. Real people often don't look quite right as pops for me. Maybe some with very distinctive looks (like, say, Dolly Parton) would work more than others.

I’m surprised Gargoyles wasn’t announced with DuckTales, C&D: Rescue Rangers, and Darkwing Duck, actually. I just hope that if the TV series pops do only modest or even poor business, that won't affect Gargoyles’ future chances (for its fans).
Widdi
Anniversary Edition

Post by Widdi »

Introducing Disney Treasures.

I am so stoked for this; even though these boxes end up costing about double the advertised price to get in Canada. That Mr. Smee is a must have for my villains collection.
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

Disney's Divinity wrote:I wish I'd been smarter to pick up Sorcerer Mickey when I had the chance (same with Shere Khan and Prince John). Of course, with Sorcerer Mickey, I had a bit more excuse because I didn't know that pops would be "vaulted" when I first started collecting. I do have Steamboat Mickey though.

I definitely would've bought Hillary if I'd liked how the pop turned out. Real people often don't look quite right as pops for me. Maybe some with very distinctive looks (like, say, Dolly Parton) would work more than others.

I’m surprised Gargoyles wasn’t announced with DuckTales, C&D: Rescue Rangers, and Darkwing Duck, actually. I just hope that if the TV series pops do only modest or even poor business, that won't affect Gargoyles’ future chances (for its fans).
If DuckTales and Darkwing Duck don't sell, I tend to doubt Gargoyles would do much better. The later has a loud fan base, but it's not as big as DuckTales.
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
Disney's Divinity

milojthatch wrote:If DuckTales and Darkwing Duck don't sell, I tend to doubt Gargoyles would do much better. The later has a loud fan base, but it's not as big as DuckTales.
I didn't mean to say it would. I'm not even a Gargoyles fan myself, I only meant that anyone who might want pops of Gargoyles characters might be dependent on the success or failure of Darkwing/DuckTales pops.

I'm confused about this Disney Treasures thing. Is it its own website, or will you be able to buy it at normal stores? Does it cost extra than a regular pop? Is it one of these mystery box things where you don't know what's coming in the box?
Widdi
Anniversary Edition

Post by Widdi »

Disney Treasures will be a mystery box containing various Funko products based on Disney films and the Disney Parks all of which will be exclusive to the box. The first box will be released later this spring and will contain the Mr. Smee pop along with (based on the contents of Funko's other three subscription boxes) 4 or 5 other collectible items. You will not be able to purchase the box anywhere other than the Disney Treasures website when it goes live in the coming weeks. The other 3 boxes Funko releases are priced at $25 USD + S/H per box. Generally they contain 2-3 collectible lines one of which is always a Pop. A wearable (T-shirt/Hat/Socks/Scarf). In the Marvel and DC boxes there is always a comic book, but the Star Wars box doesn't have one. Not sure what the Disney box will include (I suspect a lithograph, but nothing has been confirmed). A collectible Pin and iron-on patch are always included in each box.
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

Disney's Divinity wrote:
milojthatch wrote:If DuckTales and Darkwing Duck don't sell, I tend to doubt Gargoyles would do much better. The later has a loud fan base, but it's not as big as DuckTales.
I didn't mean to say it would. I'm not even a Gargoyles fan myself, I only meant that anyone who might want pops of Gargoyles characters might be dependent on the success or failure of Darkwing/DuckTales pops.
I can agree with that. Future Disney Afternoon properties becoming Funko figure will depend on how this first wave does. I'm personally not worried so long as the fan know about it. I'd love to see more of the current DA properties plus Gummi Bears, Gargoyles, Bonkers Goof Troop, and even Quack Pack. Donald in that Hawaiian shirt could be fun.

-Walt Disney
Widdi
Anniversary Edition

Post by Widdi »

Speaking of Disney Afternoon Pops: Darkwing Duck Concept Art

I'm guessing a Nega Duck repaint will be inevitable exclusive. Really hoping for some other villain exclusives, but not sure if DW has the fan-base to support making the molds.
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

I'm a little disappointed that they're doing Darkwing first, and that Launchpad is in that set, since I'm afraid that the only DuckTales Pops we'll get will be based off of the upcoming series. Which I'm still hopeful will be good, but I do want the classic designs first and foremost.

No matter if we get classic or current DuckTales, though, I do hope to see variants of Scrooge's red coat or (less likely), Scrooge from the NES game.
Disney's Divinity

Thank you for the info, Widdi. :) As much as I like Smee (favorite character from PP), I'll be passing. I really hope they don't release rare characters I really want this way--like, for example, the princes they've avoided making--because no way am I paying around $30 a pop, sorry Funko/Disney. Way to ruin a good thing, and might end up making me quit buying Disney pops altogether if too many good ones begin to become exclusive to Disney Treasures in future.

I've ordered several of the KH pops already. I got Winter Belle (HT exclusive) & Beast a while back + Roo, Eeyore, and Piglet. Piglet looks a lot cuter in person. I've passed on the new Yellow Dress Belle, the regular Winter Belle, Lumpy/Heffalump, Sitting Pooh, and Blue Eeyore.
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

Avaitor wrote:I'm a little disappointed that they're doing Darkwing first, and that Launchpad is in that set, since I'm afraid that the only DuckTales Pops we'll get will be based off of the upcoming series. Which I'm still hopeful will be good, but I do want the classic designs first and foremost.

No matter if we get classic or current DuckTales, though, I do hope to see variants of Scrooge's red coat or (less likely), Scrooge from the NES game.
I'm assuming it will be classic DuckTales, but I can't remember if it was specified or not. Don't see why they can't do both. I wish Launchpad had been part of a classic DuckTales wave so that the Darkwing Duck wave could have included either Honker or a villain.

Ultimately though, I'm just happy to see anything. Who would have thought that 25+ years later, we'd still get new DW merchandise?

-Walt Disney
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

Orders are now available for the Disney Treasures box.

I really like the Dorb ride for the Wicked Wench, so I'm feeling confident in ordering the 12 month package. It's also worth noting that this box won't come with a shirt, but future boxes might.