Funko POP! Disney

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
thedisneyspirit
Anniversary Edition

Re: Funko POP! Disney

Post by thedisneyspirit »

ProfessorRatigan wrote: . For as awesome as the Horned King is, he's WAY more obscure. The Disney Villain Funko collection just would feel so WRONG without Frollo in it. :/
I wouldn't be surprised HK is chasing in on 80s nostalgia and fantasy.
Last edited by thedisneyspirit on Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

The basic Quasimodo is up on Amazon, listed to be released February 2020. I’m glad it’s next year, tbh, because I need a break from pop purchases. I'll be waiting for the new KH pops and the last couple of TLM pops I need to get to all come down to a low number.

I'm just glad the Treasure boxes are over. All the exclusives at BoxLunch, and HotTopic, and who knows where else is enough over-pricing for me.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

Happy to post that I was able to get the Megara Masquerade doll and she's gorgeous, my first Designer Disney doll! :D And the box is nice, but geez talk about overkill. Im one of those doll collectors that likes keeping certain collector/higher quality dolls in their boxes, and this box is huge and bulky, its hard to remove the sleeve cover and makes the whole thing difficult to store. I would happily take a simpler less elaborate box if it means it'll save me 30 bucks too.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

unprincess wrote:Happy to post that I was able to get the Megara Masquerade doll and she's gorgeous, my first Designer Disney doll! :D And the box is nice, but geez talk about overkill. Im one of those doll collectors that likes keeping certain collector/higher quality dolls in their boxes, and this box is huge and bulky, its hard to remove the sleeve cover and makes the whole thing difficult to store. I would happily take a simpler less elaborate box if it means it'll save me 30 bucks too.
I love getting Disney Designer dolls! Though really I only have the two Cinderella Fairytale Designer ones and I don't think I'll ever get any other kinds unless something I really like for some special reason comes along, but I feel you about keeping them in their boxes and the sleeves being a little hard to remove and put back on. I just have them in my room though, not on a special shelf. I'm waiting till I have a place of my own till then. Megara's is definitely a pretty nicely designed Masquerade doll.

Oh, but why are you posting this in Funko POP!, did you maybe wanna post it here? Or here?
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

lol yes I just now realized I posted this on the wrong thread. Thanks for the handy link. To take this back to Funko the Esmeralda Funko POP is a must have for my Disney Princess/heroine collection. Id love to see a Jane or other post renaissance female leads like Kida and Capt. Amelia!

the Frollo omission is weird but yeah they've been really weird with the villains, seems like they'd rather not do them at all if they could.
ProfessorRatigan
Special Edition

Post by ProfessorRatigan »

Box Lunch is releasing another 6-inch Dragon Maleficent. This one is breathing flames. Honestly, it seems pointless to me. I guess for those who couldn't get the original Dragon Maleficent, it'll suffice. But the actual mold strikes me as lazy. If they were going to do this, it should have been a Movie Moment with Prince Phillip included, imo. But, I'm a little miffed we're getting a fourth Maleficent design...and no Frollo. :roll:
Disney's Divinity

I always thought they'd make another one, which is why I've never been too sad I missed the Treasure Box. I went to the Funko Forum site, but don't see a topic on it anywhere. Are there pictures out there?

EDIT: Found a picture on Reddit. I'm going to decide if I'll buy this or wait for a Movie Moment, like you said. Because you know there will be one eventually, as well as a 10 inch pop--Maleficent is really popular.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

It's weird that they're doing another Maleficent but haven't done a 3 pack of Flora, Fauna and Merryweather yet.
DC Fan
Anniversary Edition

Post by DC Fan »

So....GOOD NEWS EVERYBODY!

There are rumors that Funko will be making Pops of:

Basil and Professor Ratigan

Honestly I don´t know how this is possible. By this I mean Ratigan. If anything Basil and Dawson. But great for me as it´s another Villain I can add to my collection.
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

DC Fan wrote: Basil and Professor Ratigan
:pink: How much can we trust this rumor?! I need to save $!! I wonder if this also gives hope for any Oliver & Co Pops?!
Disney's Divinity

That would be awesome. But somehow I have a feeling Ratigan will be difficult to translate into pop form... I love Basil, so I hope he turns out perfect at least.
DC Fan
Anniversary Edition

Post by DC Fan »

blackcauldron85 wrote:
DC Fan wrote: Basil and Professor Ratigan
:pink: How much can we trust this rumor?! I need to save $!! I wonder if this also gives hope for any Oliver & Co Pops?!
There´s a guy a I follow on YouTube that´s a Funko Pop fan and covers news of releases. Been following him for a while and so far hasn´t failed.

As for Oliver and Company...I´m not sure. If anything, and it eventually happens, would be just Oliver and maybe Dodger. But this is a license, like with the Aristocats, that only one character gets all the merchandise. Doesn´t make sense for the Aristocats since there are just 5 main characters and if Disney would want to reduce it they could have gone with all 3 kittens. But with so many characters in Oliver I really doubt we´ll see more than Oliver if that.
ProfessorRatigan
Special Edition

Post by ProfessorRatigan »

Obviously, if that rumor proves true, I will give Funko mad props and retract my dissing of them for pumping out another Maleficent :lol:

...I still want Frollo, though. :twisted:
Disney's Divinity

I have a hard time imagining O&C just because it doesn't really have a cult fanbase like a lot of these other films do. I think Atlantis will probably happen before that, possibly The Fox and the Hound, Treasure Planet, and The Sword in the Stone. If O&C ever did happen, my guess would be Dodger, Tito, and Georgette--maybe Oliver himself, too.
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

I would love Copper and Tod Pops, but I have so much TF&tH merch and not much O&Co, but I would absotively posilutely buy those Pops too.
DC Fan
Anniversary Edition

Post by DC Fan »

Disney is Disney. And it sells. Very well for Funko. So I´m sure, eventually, all Disney movies (or most) will get Pops. If The Black Cauldron happened there´s a chance for all. Other topic would be which characters get made.

Images from the upcoming Mulan Pops.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EJ1VekIXUAA ... me=900x900

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EJ1VekEX0AA ... me=900x900

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EJ1Vej_XsAA ... me=900x900

Still hopeful for Shan Yu. If these batch of Mulan characters are going to be released soon when the live action version hits theaters more will come.
Disney's Divinity

The timing is definitely for the live-action film. I think the same thing happened with the second wave of Aladdin pops (when we finally got Aladdin himself finally, I believe). They might not be making Shan-Yu because the character doesn't exist in the live-action film.

The Mulan ride is adorable. They did such a good job with Khan, it’s worth it for him alone. Gotta have it and the Shang pop. I really wish she had been in soldier form on the ride, to kill two birds with one stone for me. I'm not sure if I'll buy the soldier pop separately. Maybe that one I'll just wait for until I can get it at around $4 or something.
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

ooh anyone have a pic of the new dragon Maleficent? I always wanted the original pop but it was too expensive so I bought the mystery mini. I might buy this one, maybe...She can join my other Pop dragons, Mushu and Daenerys on Drogon.

I would def buy any Oliver &Co, pops. I dont think they'd make a whole line of them but I could see them being part of a Gen X era inspired 70's/ 80s wave like maybe Oliver and Dodger with Copper and Tod and Bernard and Bianca? or maybe with Duchess and O'mally?

btw does anyone know a good Funko site that posts rumors/leaks?
Disney's Divinity

DC Fan
Anniversary Edition

Post by DC Fan »

unprincess wrote:ooh anyone have a pic of the new dragon Maleficent? I always wanted the original pop but it was too expensive so I bought the mystery mini.

Here are my thoughts as conflicted as they are I hope they kind of make sense.

Maleficent as a dragon in regular size doesn´t work. She´s huge with that form in the end of the movie. However, precisely because of monetary reasons I get that Funko would release her in that size so it´s affordable.

On the other hand, I don´t care that much for the Moana movie (I liked it but that was it) and in the case of Tamatoa and TeKa they don´t work as regular size Pops either. But, precisely because I just want a Disney Villain collection for me it´s great they were released that way so I could get them. And it doesn´t bother me further knowing there aren´t bigger versions available.

Como to think of it, Evil Genie Jafar should have been a big Pop as well. Sure, you can say that as a genie he can change sizes. However, both in Aladdin and Return of Jafar his genie scenes were of him being huge.

...if Funko wanted to release another version of Jafar they should have gone with Sorcerer Jafar. Basically the same (so collectors that didn´t get him could own him) yet different enough that warranted a second purchase. I don´t mind at all since I love this version and there´s barely merchandise of him so I´m fine.

As for Shan Yu I believe he yet will be made. Look how long it took for Gaston to happen yet he eventually happen. And it´s not just that he´s on the live action version it´s because that he´s another Mulan character that can be made into a Pop figure.