Funko POP! Disney

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
SpaceAce
Gold Classic Collection

Re: Funko POP! Disney

Post by SpaceAce »

unprincess wrote:aww Id love some Lady & Tramp mini pops!

so I have got like 2 extra freakin Harry Potter mini figures and a Ron(all sitting with sorting hats) anyone be interested in trading for other mini figures? Or does anyone know any boards or forums that specialize in trading blind bag figures?
The Mystery Mini Marketplace group on Facebook is pretty good. It is a sister group of the general Funko group (Funko Trading by Popvinyls.com) that I help admin which you can also trade Minis at.

You could also try the Funko Funatic forums, but I think you have to be a member for a certain amount of time and/or a certain amount of post. Not sure as it has been many years since I joined there.
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Ariel and Eric came today. I had not expected them so soon, so what a nice surprise! They turned out fantastic. I put Eric beside a picture of my grandfather and Ariel on the opposite side beside a picture of my grandmother (on either side of a jewelry box). They fit well there.

I assume the Hercules pops won’t be available to buy until April-May (hopefully), so the only purchase left to make is Yzma and the Princess Diana pop (for my mom). I’ll probably pick them up alongside B&tB’s Legacy Collection release. :)
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

SpaceAce wrote:
unprincess wrote:aww Id love some Lady & Tramp mini pops!

so I have got like 2 extra freakin Harry Potter mini figures and a Ron(all sitting with sorting hats) anyone be interested in trading for other mini figures? Or does anyone know any boards or forums that specialize in trading blind bag figures?
The Mystery Mini Marketplace group on Facebook is pretty good. It is a sister group of the general Funko group (Funko Trading by Popvinyls.com) that I help admin which you can also trade Minis at.

You could also try the Funko Funatic forums, but I think you have to be a member for a certain amount of time and/or a certain amount of post. Not sure as it has been many years since I joined there.
oh thanks! Ill try those. Id have to get a Facebook account for the first one, which I loathe to do, but lately Ive noticed that a lot of sites I need to visit for things similar to this are in Facebook, so I guess Ill have to get an account eventually even though I probably will never use it for socializing, lol.
SpaceAce
Gold Classic Collection

Post by SpaceAce »

The Next theme for Disney Treasures is Adventures.

Also a three pack for A Wrinkle in Time was leaked. It is a Barnes and Nobel exclusive.
ProfessorRatigan
Special Edition

Post by ProfessorRatigan »

Are any of you OOB collectors, who've held onto your boxes? Because I just bought a Prince John on eBay (he's been my number 1 want for a WHILE now, finally broke down and paid for him!), but the box is...not the greatest. I was wondering if any of you had the box for Prince John and wouldn't mind parting with it? I'm an in-box collector, otherwise I wouldn't ask! Thanks, gang!

While I'm here: my current collection of Disney Pops consists of the following (sorry I can't take a picture, they're all boxed up right now) -
The Evil Queen
The Witch
Dumbo
The Queen of Hearts
Captain Hook
Maleficent
Cruella De Vil & Ursula w/ Crown 2-Pack
Kaa
Shere Khan
Prince John
Sir Hiss
Jessica Rabbit
Darkwing Duck
Gaston
Aladdin
Abu
Slave Jasmine
Rajah
Jafar
Genie Jafar
Genie Jafar (Chase)
Scar
Yzma
Kronk

It's primarily Disney Villain focused, as you can see. But, I buy characters I like and molds I think are well-designed (Dumbo being a prime example. It's adorable!) Hercules is one that I'll buy the whole cast of. Ditto Aladdin, Hunchback, Robin Hood (though I still NEED to get Robin Hood himself). Really looking forward to Tamatoa, too. I'm really upset I missed out on Dragon Maleficent. I was GOING to order that Haunted Forest box, but I became unemployed and didn't have the funds to justify it right when it sold out. :( NOT going to pay eBay prices for that one!
SpaceAce
Gold Classic Collection

Post by SpaceAce »

Images of Hercules, Phil and Hades have leaked on Instagram and they look amazing! I am sure the whole set will be revealed at Toy Fair.
Disney's Divinity

Aw, why couldn't Meg have been revealed, too. Well, none of them look perfect--I already knew the film's style could be difficult to match in pop form--but Herc/Hades are must's. I'm in the middle on Phil; I'll most likely end up getting him though. :/ *resigned*

I cancelled the Auto-Renew feature on the Disney Treasures site as soon as I got Ariel and Eric in the mail, but it said something about having already "ordered" the Adventure box even though billing said 3/15..... I'm going to be so pissed if I get charged for another box. If I end up getting the box, either Jim Hawkins from TP or Milo/Kida from Atlantis better be in it or I'm re-selling. Just my luck I'll get charged, the box'll be Indiana Jones. One huge freaking annoyance UGH I hate you, Disney, and your ripoff ways!

I'm sorry I can't help, ProfessorRatigan. I never got the Prince John pop myself (something I regret).
SpaceAce
Gold Classic Collection

Post by SpaceAce »

Last edited by SpaceAce on Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SpaceAce
Gold Classic Collection

Post by SpaceAce »

I have to say Meg looks disappointing. She looks like Fran Drescher IMO.
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

No Incredibles 2???
SpaceAce
Gold Classic Collection

Post by SpaceAce »

This is just what they have revealed so far. They have been revealing new stuff every 30 minutes.

Also the Disney Treasures Adventures box will be the last. Funko is discontinuing the subscription. They will still make Disney Treasure boxes but they will be exclusives for a yet unannounced(probably Hot Topic) retailer.
Disney's Divinity

Pass on the red Hades (since the only difference is an eyebrow and he shouldn’t be smiling if he’s in a rage…) and the solo Hercules (since he looks the same on the ride, I’ll just get the ride). I’m getting all the others. Baby Herc is meh, but Baby Pegasus is SOOO cute. None of the characters are perfect, but I’m forgiving since the style probably wasn’t easy to translate. I thought they’d reveal Pain and Panic, too. Oh well.

Te Fiti actually looks good and Te Ka looks horrible. I don’t get it. Te Ka was mostly red/orange, not black. The only definite buy is Heihei/Pua. Tamatoa turned out great if you want him, but I was never interested in the character.

I’m so disappointed with the Aladdin Movie Moments. I really want Prince Ali and then the only version they release of him is in this crappy moment with Genie as a game show host… Really? Not “A Whole New World”? What a disappointment and I’m not buying it.
SpaceAce
Gold Classic Collection

Post by SpaceAce »

Final reveals for today. I have a feeling Incredibles 2, Avengers Infinity War and Solo A Star Wars story will be revealed sometime at the actual Toy Fair event this weekend.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi
https://www.funko.com/blog/article/toy- ... -last-jedi

X-Men
https://www.funko.com/blog/article/toy- ... eals-x-men

Deadpool
https://www.funko.com/blog/article/toy- ... s-deadpool
Widdi
Anniversary Edition

Post by Widdi »

More reveals are likely coming once the catalog leaks later this weekend, also pics from inside Toy Fair have shown off a couple items that weren't revealed today. I'm thinking Funko just wanted the jump on revealing stuff they will have on the floor this weekend as concept art was noticeably missing from the reveals. Not to mention several lines Funko had said during various Twitter Q&A's would be shown off at Toy Fair were not revealed today (Wave 2 of Parks and Rec for example), so more is definitely coming.

As for what we did see I'm of mixed opinions on. Not loving the new Sully or Boo and still really confused as to why there isn't a new Mike yet. The Moana Pops are a mixed bag. Hating Te Fiti and Te Ka (Why are they not 6"?) LOVING Pua & He Hei (so glad I decided to skip the SDCC Hei Hei) and Tamatoa.

Winnie the Pooh Dorbz are an easy pass as are the Doug Pops.

I want to love the Aladdin movie moment, but I just don't think I do. Maybe I'll like it better in person. I want to support the Movie Moments collection so they keep making them, but this one is a weird choice to launch with.

The Hercules Ride is amazing, wish it had a Dorbz version though as a I much prefer the Dorbz Ridez. I will likely still buy this one though provided it looks as nice in person as it does in the glam shot. Hades' face shape is an odd choice, but I like it regardless. Could care less about either glow version. Baby Hercules and Pegasus are freaking adorable. Wasn't expecting to love them as much as I do. Regular Herc, Meg and Phil are all a pass from me.

Was hoping to see more Disney Afternoon stuff and for a few surprise announcements as virtually all of these had been leaked already. Hopefully the catalog has some goodies.

As far as the Disney Treasures Box ending goes, the writing has been on the wall for some time now. I was expecting them to end after Ever After Castle, but when the Adventures box was announced I was hopeful we would get another full year. I just pray that when they announce the retailer that will get the retooled box that it is someone we have here in Canada.
Disney's Divinity

The longer I've looked at the Moana pops, I believe I'm going to get Te Ka, Tamatoa, and Pua & Heihei. Te Ka isn't exactly how I imagined, but I like the way they made the face (almost like an emoticon) and the little fireball in her hand that looks like one of those old pixel video game spells. I like Tala (the character), but the pop doesn't really stand out and I don't care enough about Moana to want a variant of her. I already got her in her signature outfit and that's good enough for me.

I don't think the Meg pop is perfect by any means, but I love her (the character) too much not to get it. I think Phil mostly looks like himself, which is the main reason I'm going ahead and getting him. This'll be my first pop ride and also the first pop I've bought with one of those see-through flying stands.

* I think Te Fiti looks okay, but I imagine in person, it'll be like a big green blob. That said, this makes me realize how much I'd love--and which will probably never happen--a pop of Magi from FernGully.
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

ok the red lips on Meg were a BAD idea. Most female pops dont have colored lips, if they have lips at all! Still getting her though, b/c she's Meg. :P The other Herc pops are great! The Hades is fantastic!

also love all the Moana ones, really want Te-fiti and ceremonial headdress Moana!
Disney's Divinity

Just as a heads up for anyone who hasn't bought the Yzma pop and was interested--the pop is priced at $6.77 on Amazon right now. I'm not sure when it came down in price, but I hope I got it as part of my Pre-Order Price Guarantee since mine hasn't shipped yet. :P

I read that Amazon accidentally first put up the Movie Moments Aladdin and Genie page with the price at $9.99 or around there before correcting to $29.99, so anyone who pre-ordered early will get it for a third of what it should cost. I wish I'd caught that. :lol: $10 wouldn't be a bad price considering the only reason I'd want it is for Prince Ali.
SpaceAce
Gold Classic Collection

Post by SpaceAce »

It was $10.99. They also had priced the SNL Dick in a Box 2 pack at that price. What was funny about the it was the #1 top seller in Pre-K toys lol
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Uhhhh...are you saying the Dick in a Box was for pre-kindergarteners?!!!
SpaceAce
Gold Classic Collection

Post by SpaceAce »