Funko POP! Disney

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
ProfessorRatigan
Special Edition

Re: Funko POP! Disney

Post by ProfessorRatigan »

DC Fan wrote:So I decides to get the new Ursula Pop.

I´m not a person that was into buying a newer version of a Pop but in this case I´m going to make the exception as she´s better all around. She´s bigger, has the correct earrings, has a better face and even includes Flotsam and Jetsam.

As such, I will be selling my original Ursula. Do you think the price will continue to be the same as it is or there´s a chance it can go up on value?

PS

Keeping track of the Villains yet to be made into Funko Pops:

-any if not all the Villains in Pinocchio (personally I much prefer they stuck with one for monetary reasons). I even wouldn´t be surprised if they made Monstro; This last one, as the great character it is and since I really like whales I´d be getting him for sure.

-Si and Am (they will happen for sure when Disney releases the live action version of Lady and the Tramp...personally I don´t consider them Villains but since Disney does I´d get them).

-Madam Mim (with the Robin Hood wave released I wouldn´t be surprised if they release an entire wave of The Sword in the Stone since these are similar movies and have few characters).

-Edgar (even if Funko decides to release an Aristocats wave you can bet they´d stay with just the cats. So I don´t see it happening and I´m glad since I don´t care for him at all).

-Madame Medusa (since the Rescuers were released already as a Ride this one could very well happen...Funko could decide to make an entire Rescuers wave that would include Bernardo, Bianca, Penny, Cody, Madame Medusa and McLeach).

-Amos Slade (a Fox and the Hound wave would just release cubs Tod and Toby....Maybe, and this is a huge maybe, they´d make adults Tod and Toby...and a Vixen if they wanted. But I don´t see them releasing him and this is another Villain I don´t care about).

-Professor Ratigan (could happen...a Great Mouse Detective would just be Basil, Dawson and Ratigan...even Olivia could be an "accesory" character with Watson...And since this is such a small wave, a fan favorite and The Black Cauldron happened this will as well eventually).

-Sykes, Diego and DeSoto (Oliver and Company has such a huge cast than unless Funko just makes few of them I don´t see it possible. At least the Villains won´t have a chance).

-McLeach (another one that could happen for the reasons already mentioned before).

-Governor Ratcliffe (could happen)

-Frollo (for sure will get him...the release of Quasimodo is almost a confirmation of a Hunchback of Notre Dame wave coming soon).

-Shan Yu (I´m sure we´ll get a Mulan wave release either soon or around the time the live action version gets to theaters)

-Clayton (a Tarzan wave... (?)

-Flame Bird (if we got Chernabog this one may happen...I would even say that an entire Fantasia wave will get made that will include a new version of Sorcerer Mickey, Chernabog- a new version, Donald, Flame Bird and Funko made even decide to include Yensid and Daisy).

-Kron (if The Good Dinosaur and Jurassic Park happened then Funko could do this movie...but don´t see it).

-Commander Rourke (an Atlantis wave is unlikely).

-Captain Gantu (don´t know why he´s considered a Villain but in any case with the live action version could happen...and in the movie he will be a true villain)

-Scroop (I don´t see a wave of Treasure Planet happening. And even if it did I doubt this character will get made).

-Alameda Slim (can see a Home on the Range wave happen given the small cast of 5 main characters...the cows, the horse and Alameda)

-Bowler Hat Guy (don´t see a wave for Meet the Robinsons...not a very popular movie and has a the biggest cast; Unless Funko makes the main 4 characters that will include him, Lewis, Wilbur and Carl).

-Mother Goethel (I´m sure we´ll get her eventually).

-Hans (please no...but it could happen with the release of the sequel).

-the nameless one from Big Hero 6 (even if Funko decides to release a wave from the movie don´t see this one get made).

-Bellwether (I don´t see Funko releasing more Pops from Zootopia...and I´m glad since I don´t like the character)
You forgot Lady Tremaine, Lucifer and the Stepsisters :P

Anyway, I see those three, Si & Am, LeFou, Frollo, Shan-Yu and Gothel being made, eventually. Maybe Madams Mim & Medusa, Ratigan, Gov. Ratcliffe. I'd like to see McLeach, but he's a long-shot.Odds of the others? Probably slim to none.

Variations of existing villains I could see? Maybe an Evil Queen/Magic Mirror Movie Moment, a deluxe Chernabog, a new Maleficent with Diablo mold, Vanessa, Flotsam & Jetsam solo Pops, a new Jafar with Iago mold, (maybe) Beggar Jafar, Sorcerer Jafar, 10-inch Genie Jafar in the style of the new Ursula...
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

Got my Quasi! :D Also picked Ralph while I was there and I'll get Felix next time. As of right now, I have all of the Disney Princesses, including the Pancake Bunny :P

I'm annoyed there was no Sleeping Beauty anniversary funkos. I'm dying for a Briar Rose one :(
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

So from what I've read, Hot Topic is doing one more Treasures box next month, for Nightmare Before Christmas. While I liked collecting these boxes, I'm not too sad, as the quality definitely dropped when HT started picking them up. I do think they've improved a little when they started focusing on individual movies as opposed to sticking to random themes (the Lilo & Stitch box aside, which I'm still okay with missing). But if we were to get one last box, I'm glad it's for this movie.
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I'm so glad no more Disney treasures this year, because the TLM line really wiped out my wallet, and I haven’t even got the basic Ariel (mermaid), Scuttle, or Chef Louie yet… It's going to be enough just to pick up the Mulan, Hunchback, and Kingdom Hearts pops. Of course, even though they were just revealed a week or two ago, the KH pops aren't coming out until November. Hopefully I luck up and the Mulan / Hunchback pops are at the end of the year or even early next year.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
lord-of-sith
Collector's Edition

Post by lord-of-sith »

New Pop! revealed for Maleficent: Mistress of Evil

https://www.funko.com/blog/article/comi ... ss-of-evil
Disney's Divinity

I don't buy pops for the remakes (or live-action films in general really), but it's cute.
Widdi
Anniversary Edition

Post by Widdi »

Avaitor wrote:So from what I've read, Hot Topic is doing one more Treasures box next month, for Nightmare Before Christmas. While I liked collecting these boxes, I'm not too sad, as the quality definitely dropped when HT started picking them up. I do think they've improved a little when they started focusing on individual movies as opposed to sticking to random themes (the Lilo & Stitch box aside, which I'm still okay with missing). But if we were to get one last box, I'm glad it's for this movie.
Sad. The only boxes I didn't get were Dumbo and Lilo & Stitch. The Dumbo pop didn't interest me and while I wanted the Lilo & Stitch box, my house is a scent free zone due to severe perfume allergies so I wasn't taking a chance with the scented figure. I was really hoping for a Frozen box in November with a Let It Go Movie Moment/ Deluxe Pop. I really hope Hot Topic/ Funko in general keep making the Moment pops, because I've loved all of them (excluding Aladdin's First Wish).]

For anyone wondering the Nightmare Before Christmas box pop is: Sandy Claws.
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

^I was hoping for a Frozen box too as it would have beenthe only chance to get anything related to Hans.Hopefully some other place picks up the Disney Treasures releases.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

New Frozen II pops:

unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

meh, I got the Frozen 1 Elsa pop and that's good enough for me.
so far I have:
Elsa
Meg
Mulan
Merida
Rapunzel

I also have the Pocket Pop Rapunzel, Moana and Pocahontas,

Id like to get more Disney princess/heroines but money is tight right now for me to spend on more Funko pops. Im saving some aside for the Megara Masquerade doll. But Id also like to get the Snow White and blue dress Tiana pop. Maybe the Ariel pink dress pop too since its the only LM one I really like aside form the wedding set one.
Disney's Divinity

I'll probably get Anna's and Elsa's new outfits and pass on the rest, unlike I like the new characters.
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

So cute!
Disney’s Classic “Trick or Treat” Short Gets Funko POP! Treatment with Halloween-themed Huey, Dewey & Louie Toys!
https://bloody-disgusting.com/toys/3584 ... ouie-toys/
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

DC Fan
Anniversary Edition

Post by DC Fan »

I´m not into the live action versions of characters. However, I will make an exception for Jafar since he´s my favorite Disney character.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

A video of the Frozen II pops out of the box:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3Hvgc5BSof ... 6lejogjdwu
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Apparently there are a lot of exclusives plus a 10-intch Olaf!

Disney's Divinity

They know that merchandise of Olaf and especially the sisters sell like hotcakes, which is why there are so many of the pair of them.

So far, I'm leaning towards these two from the first picture you posted, farerb:
I like that outfit of Elsa's and Anna looks good with the scarf. As for the new variants you just posted, I'll have to see the movie first to be sure. I think maybe I'll get Elsa in the purple dress (that is a nightgown, right?) and Anna in her nightgown, too. Anna without the scarf looks pretty nice though, but the version of her with the scarf will be enough.
DC Fan
Anniversary Edition

Post by DC Fan »

So, the Taran and Horned King are still available. Has this happened before? (Exclusives-Limited editions available after that much time).

Because, if not, my guess is that whenever the live action Chronicles of Prydain finally happen then there won´t be much (if any) animated Black Cauldron Pops.

They might release a new Taran and Gurgi Pops or Taran with Gurgi or even just Gurgi and that´s it.

PS

With the officially Pops releases of Frozen 2 and no Hans then, this might mean the character won´t be ever be made?

I pray this is the case. I really dislike the character and the fact that it was the villain reveal that I don´t want to have to get him just because I do a Disney Villains collection.

And I do believe it so. Frozen is such a huge property that since it´s release so many Pops has been made that I thought that, if anything, with Frozen 2 this was going to be the time to release Hans as he´s the only major character that hasn´t been made into a Pop.
lord-of-sith
Collector's Edition

Post by lord-of-sith »

DC Fan wrote:I pray this is the case. I really dislike the character and the fact that it was the villain reveal that I don´t want to have to get him just because I do a Disney Villains collection.
You know you don't HAVE to buy a pop if you don't want it, right?
bruno_wbt
Anniversary Edition

Post by bruno_wbt »

lord-of-sith wrote:New Pop! revealed for Maleficent: Mistress of Evil

https://www.funko.com/blog/article/comi ... ss-of-evil

Are there going to be more Maleficent: Mistress of Evil Pops?

I want Aurora with her blue dress from the poster!