Funko POP! Disney

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Re: Funko POP! Disney

Post by unprincess »

The Darkwing & Launchpad are so cute. I have resisted getting any Funkos though Ive gotten tempted at getting some Princess ones... but I just dont have any space/money for them. I collect too much of other stuff.
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Widdi wrote:The Reddit user who posted the half a photo showing these is also claiming that Sleepy, Sneezy, Happy and a new Grumpy are coming too, as well as a new Snow White and Evil Queen Pop.

The Dwarfs are tempting, but I don't know if I have the room. I'll have to see what they look like first.
I'm very glad for SW fans that Funko's doing all the Dwarfs at one time, and re-doing Grumpy so he matches. I have no interest--the only two I might even consider are Grumpy and Dopey. I'm not sure whether I'll buy SW* and The Queen either. No doubt they'll be a huge improvement on the old pops though. I really hope the Queen is holding the box meant for SW's heart. Now the only 3 pops left for that movie are the Prince, the Magic Mirror, and the Old Peddler-woman. (I doubt the Huntsman stands a chance.)

I'm so excited about KH! :dance: I was hoping the sales of the earlier pops would make the original characters more likely, but I didn't expect more this year at any rate (besides the Halloween variants). I wonder if this means Halloween Town Sora is coming, too?! I'm glad this door's finally opened. I definitely want Atlantica versions of Sora, Donald and Goofy, and the Riku (Heartless Suit), AntiSora, Namine, Aqua, Roxas, Larxene, Vexen, Saix, Hayner, Riku and Sora in their KH2 and 3D outfits, etc. I hope we'll eventually get Queen Minnie and variants of Mickey wearing the Organization coat along with his silver BbS outfit. And hopefully this will lead Square Enix to allow Funko to touch their Final Fantasy properties.

*Any bets the SW pop uses the Disney Princess makeover like the recent Cinderella pop?
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

New Pop, but SPOILER ALERT for Cars 3!!!!
https://funko.com/blogs/news/cars-3-exc ... cqueen-pop
Disney's Divinity

More leaks: New Mulan, New Merida, the New Aurora (which was mentioned a long, long time ago), and possibly two new variants of Mermaid Ariel.

I hope all of these are true! Hopefully Mulan is in her Matchmaker dress (either all dolled up or after the ceremony with the blossom in her hair) and Aurora is in her blue dress. I'm glad they're making another version of Ariel as mermaid. I like the original, but she deserved better (and pop design has definitely improved since then). I'd like one of her with her treasure bag over one shoulder holding a fork in the other hand. :P It'd be cute if they made a tiny version of the man-and-woman-dancing-figurine in the POYW scene.
Disney's Divinity

Click to see the new pops, including Mr. Toad!

I'm surprised none of the pops that have leaked are here. The new Tigger looks better than the old one. No idea why Heihei gets his own pop and not Pua. :roll: I think Rescue Rangers versions of C&D are happening, because it looks like they just took the clothes off here. Chip has his hands up near his neck like he would be holding the top of his coat. I guess because I’m already screwed out of Pluto, IDGAF about these. Plus, I hate having pops of characters that should be tiny standing next to human-sized characters. Passing on all of these.
Widdi
Anniversary Edition

Post by Widdi »

Those are just the San Diego Comic Con Exclusive Pops. The other leaked pops are general release, not that most of these ones won't also be hitting retailers outside the Con, notable exceptions being Mr. Toad and the Glow-in-the-Dark Jolly Roger which are both limited piece releases. The others will all be hitting various retailers (To be announced next month) the same day SDCC opens, but if you are wanting any of them you better grab them quick as they are all likely to be hot ticket items and will sell out fast. SDCC Pops also usually aren't restocked, so it's now or never (or pay ebay prices in the future).

This is the eighth wave of SDCC Pops announced, and it is easily the best so far. I want most of them, though thankfully not the limited pieces. I have wanted a Mr. Toad for a while, but I won't get him without his car. Jolly Roger is an easy pass.

As someone who doesn't care for Tigger that Pop is amazing and really shows how far Pop molds have come. The original Tigger Pop is one of the worst pieces in the Disney collection as far as I'm concerned. I really feel like I may try to pick up flocked Pooh and Eeyore now too. I had originally decided to pass on the new Pooh Pops, but I am seriously reconsidering now. I don't even like flocked Pops that much, but it seems fitting that this set should be flocked. I hope flocked Piglet comes at some point too now.

The Hei-Hei Pop is fantastic. The bulging eyes are amazing. I get the chicken is a divisive character, but I fall firmly into team "loves him" and can't wait to get him. I purchased the Moana Dorbz Ride earlier in the year because it came with Hei-Hei. I think he might have looked better with white eyes, but I will take him as is cause he is adorable and will fit in nicely on my side-kick shelf.

Chip and Dale I will get if they release non-flocked versions. Or preferably Rescue Rangers versions. My dislike of flocking isn't overcome for these guys sadly. This is the 2-pack coming to FYE.

Negatron (I don't get why he is named this) is pretty cool. He may be the original Negaduck, but he isn't the iconic one. Seeing as I will have to buy all of these online I'll see where his price ends up before I decide on him.

The Aladdin Dorbz Ridez is my favorite thing revealed for the Con so far. So happy it isn't a limited piece. Here's hoping it is shared with a retailer with stores in Canada.
Last edited by Widdi on Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

I'm interested in Mr. Toad and Negatron, and I'll probably scour eBay for them. I know that GameStop gets some of SDCC's exclusives, but I doubt those will make it.
SpaceAce
Gold Classic Collection

Post by SpaceAce »

Disney's Divinity wrote:Click to see the new pops, including Mr. Toad!

I'm surprised none of the pops that have leaked are here. The new Tigger looks better than the old one. No idea why Heihei gets his own pop and not Pua. :roll: I think Rescue Rangers versions of C&D are happening, because it looks like they just took the clothes off here. Chip has his hands up near his neck like he would be holding the top of his coat. I guess because I’m already screwed out of Pluto, IDGAF about these. Plus, I hate having pops of characters that should be tiny standing next to human-sized characters. Passing on all of these.
Rescue Rangers are coming. They were announced with Darkwing Duck, DuckTales and TaleSpin during the 12 Days of Christmas reveals on the Funko Forums. :)
Disney's Divinity

My sister finally brought down my Ursula pop. I don’t mind the Cruella even if I wouldn’t have bought it separately, and in a way I’m glad I have all the villainess pops thus far. I still wish they’d made the two-pack with Vanessa instead though. I wonder if we’ll ever get an Ursula variant in her iconic pose with her tentacles looped and her fingers crossed in front of her—might be hard for them to do.

Thankfully my Ursula’s trident is straight. I’m still annoyed about the necklace being there, but this isn’t the first time a product’s done that—I guess it’s such an iconic part of Ursula’s design that they don’t want to remove it. At first I thought it was a lazy variant, but there are a lot of little differences between this pop and the first Ursula now that I have them together.

I had planned to get the Marie pop, but apparently she’s only available as a flocked pop, so… Pass. I have a full plate of pops to buy this year still, I’m sure, so no loss.
Widdi
Anniversary Edition

Post by Widdi »

Ducktales, woo-hoo!

I was only getting to get Scrooge (who has been my number one most wanted pop since I started collecting); that is no longer the case...

Can't wait to see exclusives.
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

They're all pretty cute! I'm still going to try to skip the nephews, but they're pretty tempting.

Who knows, I might get them if Magica turns out to be a dud.
Widdi
Anniversary Edition

Post by Widdi »

I was expecting one mould painted three different colours for the nephews so seeing each of them with their own pose made me super happy and is what sealed the deal for me about getting them. Webby holding Lil' Webby made me even happier. This is how you hit a home run with a set,
Disney's Divinity

I don't think Scrooge looks that good. Hopefully he'll look better in person. I do like that he's got his cane and first/Lucky Dime. Whether I get him or not will probably depend on how Magica turns out. If she's only so-so/ugly, too, I'll probably just call it a wash and not buy any Disney TV pops.
Dr Frankenollie
In The Vaults

Post by Dr Frankenollie »

Scrooge isn't the best pop ever, but he's a vast improvement on, say, the likes of Donald and Goofy. The newer Disney pops are lightyears ahead of the originals - especially those SDCC ones.

Very frustrating to be in the UK where I can't get those, or Disney Treasures, except through the likes of eBay... :cry:

(I have splashed out on getting the Disney Treasures Dumbo and Pluto though, especially as the former is my favourite character...)
DC Fan
Anniversary Edition

Post by DC Fan »

Not into Dorbz at all. But that Aladdin I will get since it´s my favorite Disney movie and there´s very few merchandise of it; much less only him and not just Jasmine.
Disney's Divinity

Magica de Spell looks fantastic! I guess I'll bite it and buy Scrooge, too, and hope he looks a little better in person. The part that was putting me off is the beak. The lips are just too large.
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

Did anyone get any of the SDCC shared exclusives? I found Negatron at GameStop, and I'm really happy. I'm even thinking of skipping Negaduck and settling with him.

Also, they unboxed the Tiny Town box at D23. I'm still trying to avoid spoilers, so I didn't check it. That said, here's a preview at the new box. I'm really happy with the prospect of dragon Maleficent. I just hope she looks great.
Disney's Divinity

Pictures for the Snow White pops + drawings for The Emperor's New Groove pops and TRON. EDIT: Also there's apparently a figure for Figment being made.

I’m definitely getting the Hag and Snow in rags. I’ll probably pass on the new yellow dress variants—I’d have got one if she had her white collar thing unlike the original pop. The Dwarves turned out adorable, but for my own sanity I have to pass.

I’m not complaining, but I can’t believe they’re doing TENG before Hercules or Tarzan. I'll most likely just get Yzma and Kronk. I might get TRON, too, because I connect him with Kingdom Hearts 2. :lol:
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

Yo, Rocko and more Buffy! I'm definitely getting those, and most of the Looney Tunes.

I really like Snow in rags. I own her regular edition, but I would consider getting this one as well. And I absolutely need Yzma and Kronk!

Also, we're getting Disney Afternoon Mystery Minis. It's surprising to see Morgana as one, when she didn't get a Pop. And I guess this means TaleSpin and Rescue Rangers Pops should be coming soon.
Disney's Divinity

Hocus Pocus pops have been confirmed. There’s a picture of Dragon Maleficent out. Also, HotTopic is doing some new Diamond-encrusted pop line—basically variants of previously released pops. The first one is Winter Belle.

I love HP, but I’m not sure if I’ll buy them or not… Will depend on how they turn out. Thankfully Dragon Maleficent doesn’t look that good so I’m not as irritated by it being in the Treasures line. As for the diamond thing, it looks okay; I’d get an Ariel variant if they do her.