Funko POP! Disney

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Funko POP! Disney

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I wonder if the boxes will be the same price at HotTopic as before, or less/more. I wish it had been released solo like the Aladdin Movie Moments, and not as a Treasure. :/

I’ve been walloped by Funko this year with the Hercules/Aladdin/the SM 3-pack, three Treasures, now Moana/Digimon/KH/more Aladdin. And I know more Sailor Moon are probably coming in the Fall…. I want them to slow down and I don’t want them to slow down. :lol:
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
SpaceAce
Gold Classic Collection

Post by SpaceAce »

Disney's Divinity wrote:I wonder if the boxes will be the same price at HotTopic as before, or less/more. I wish it had been released solo like the Aladdin Movie Moments, and not as a Treasure. :/

I’ve been walloped by Funko this year with the Hercules/Aladdin/the SM 3-pack, three Treasures, now Moana/Digimon/KH/more Aladdin. And I know more Sailor Moon are probably coming in the Fall…. I want them to slow down and I don’t want them to slow down. :lol:
The cost at Hot Topic is $32.90

Here is a look at all the contents of the box.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bk4Jh36B296/

Out of box images of Ariel.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bk5DO5vhdhv/

Also here is images of the Christopher Robin Pops.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bk6U2JkBhuC/
Disney's Divinity

SpaceAce wrote: Out of box images of Ariel.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bk5DO5vhdhv/
Yeah, this looks amazing. I'm just glad I don't mind the mouth. I've seen nothing but comments about it elsewhere. I always thought the other Ariel pops should've at least had lines for a mouth considering she wears lipstick.
Widdi
Anniversary Edition

Post by Widdi »

Yeah I'm sold on Ariel. I'll admit the pics I've seen of her with the mouth photoshopped out look better, but I really like the Pop either way.

Also surprisingly sold on the Christopher Robin Pops. I didn't pick up the new Pooh pops because I hated how flocked Tigger looked, and for whatever reason Funko didn't release a non-flocked version. I think I may end up with these. Hoping there is a Piglett too.
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

I'm skipping the rest of the box spoilers for now, but Ariel looks better out of the box. Her mouth is still a little iffy to me, but I really like everything else. Definitely going to try to make it to Hot Topic on Thursday or Friday.
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

The Pop Funkos for Wreck-It Ralph 2.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BlFOt2bnp67 ... erlentpops

Ralph
Vanellope
Shanks (NEW REVEALED CHARACTER)
Yesss
Felix
Taffyta
Knowsmore
and my favorite: Pancake Bunny

Still nothing for Calhoun, huh?
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

Just got my Treasures box from Hot Topic today. They had a good handful of boxes still available to pick up, so hopefully it won't be a problem for anyone here if you need to wait a day or two.

Ariel does indeed look better in person, and I do also like the Moana figure. The Nemo stuff is also cute, but I won't lie, I've never been a big fan of those movies, and would have gladly traded one of those for something Atlantis, Pinocchio, or 20,000 Leagues related.
Disney's Divinity

Just got e-mail confirmation that my Treasure's been shipped. I feel a little ashamed having spent $40 on one pop, but... :oops: Hopefully I hate the rest of the boxes this year so this will be the last one I buy.
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

bruno_wbt
Anniversary Edition

Post by bruno_wbt »

disneyprincess11 wrote:HOCUS POCUS FUNKOS :dance: :dance: :dance:

https://insidethemagic.net/2018/07/hocu ... ign=buffer

Finally!!! :pink:
Disney's Divinity

Off-topic, but just wanted to comment on the beginning of the Pokemon line with Pikachu. I'm not going to collect the line even though they're cute (the Looney Tunes pops are adorable, too; also a pass) considering it was more of a passing fad as a child for me--I still have some trading cards packed away somewhere from middle school though--but the one pop I would buy and hope happens eventually is Vaporeon. That was always my favorite Pokemon growing up. :embarrassed: :what: Ditto, Flareon, and Mew were cute, too, but I would only buy the one pop for sentimental reasons.

EDIT: I was able to order Black Lady. Here's hoping it goes through/ships!

I bought Tamatoa the other day. Te Ka is a disappointment. I loved it in the first promo picture that came out, but every out-of-box picture I've seen online from people who bought it, it looks horrible. :(
DisneyBluLife
Gold Classic Collection

Post by DisneyBluLife »

Disney's Divinity wrote:Off-topic, but just wanted to comment on the beginning of the Pokemon line with Pikachu. I'm not going to collect the line even though they're cute (the Looney Tunes pops are adorable, too; also a pass) considering it was more of a passing fad as a child for me--I still have some trading cards packed away somewhere from middle school though--but the one pop I would buy and hope happens eventually is Vaporeon. That was always my favorite Pokemon growing up. :embarrassed: :what: Ditto, Flareon, and Mew were cute, too, but I would only buy the one pop for sentimental reasons.

EDIT: I was able to order Black Lady. Here's hoping it goes through/ships!

I bought Tamatoa the other day. Te Ka is a disappointment. I loved it in the first promo picture that came out, but every out-of-box picture I've seen online from people who bought it, it looks horrible. :(
I still love Pokémon, but I mainly collect the old cards from 96-02 in PSA grading 9 or 10. Which means they are in mint condition. It is not cheap but it makes me happy to have them.

As for Funko Pops, I really like the Talespin Pops. My favorite Disney shows, and those Funko Pops are really cute, especially Kit Cloudkicker. :D
ProfessorRatigan
Special Edition

Post by ProfessorRatigan »

I'm upset that I couldn't order the SDCC Tamatoa. He's sold out online, and I don't have a Boxlunch in my state! Did anybody on here get any extra?
SpaceAce
Gold Classic Collection

Post by SpaceAce »

I only got Jack Jack. I'll try my luck on Tamatoa, Ralph and Felix sometime this weekend when I have some free time. If I don't get them no big deal. Pretty sure I won't be able to get Pain and Panic as they are Funko Shop and I have never been successful getting Pops I want from there.
ProfessorRatigan
Special Edition

Post by ProfessorRatigan »

Well, didn't get Pain & Panic, either. :x

Funko sure is taking the 'fun' out of things by making it so only flippers seem to end up with these products anymore...

But, hey, more Funko products that I probably won't be able to get my hands on are coming down the pike!
https://i.redd.it/14f7jswd88b11.jpg
Disney's Divinity

I'm sorry, ProfessorRatigan. :( I didn't even try for P&P. I agree that all these exclusives (and the higher prices that come with exclusives) is discouraging. It's all a money racket and at some point they're going to capsize and start losing customers. I was surprised Black Lady seemed like one of the few convention pops that didn't really sell out fast. I mean, I know Sailor V was easily attainable a while back at the NYCC while the Donald and Goofy pops were absolutely impossible for me to get, but Sailor V isn't really a part of Sailor Moon. I thought Black Lady would be a different case entirely.

Thanks for posting the Aladdin pictures. Ali was always a lock for me. No to the bottom three (too bad Iago didn't turn out better, I might've got him to go with Abu). I'm split on Genie right now. I don't have a pop of him and I like the lamp is included here, but, I dunno.... Put me down for "most likely."

I wish the Magic Carpet w/ Aladdin & Jasmine had been a pop ride and not a Movie Moment, just so they didn't have the water underneath. That's the main reason I'm going to pass. I have these wall-shelves that have poles below where you can hang things from, and I had planned to attach ribbons or string to this and the Rescuers/Hercules rides so that they were hanging as if "flying." (Same thing I had planned to do if I'd bought the Stitch pop where he's riding in the red ship.) Maybe they'll make another version of them on the Magic Carpet in the future. *shrug* :/
Widdi
Anniversary Edition

Post by Widdi »

Really not happy that Pain and Panic are Funko Shop items. The Funko Shop doesn't ship to Canada so no reason to even try to use the website. As Disney Villains are my main collection I guess some lucky flipper will be getting my money.

My trip to the city got delayed three weeks for reasons beyond my control so no exclusives for me this weekend. Hoping Hot Topic gets a restock while I'm in Winnipeg, but it isn't likely. I'll wait till at least NYCC season to buy anything from flippers when they are looking to unload to buy the new exclusives.

Loving all the Aladdin stuff that Funko has been doing lately. Might actually consider the 5-Star figures depending on what kind of price I can get them for. The new Genie Pop and Iago are absolute must buys for me. The Movie Moment is a maybe. Wasn't really expecting that exact moment to be depicted and I already have the Dorbz Ride of the carpet which I think I like more.
Disney's Divinity

Since I'm hoping they make another version of the carpet ride in the future--maybe they might someday make a Happy Ending Carpet ride with their purple outfits at the end of the film?

Depending on when the Signature release of TLM is, I'm expecting there to be a lot of TLM pops either this Fall or next year for the 30th anniversary. Of course there'll be a crap-ton of Frozen pops next year coinciding with the sequel. More Kingdom Hearts pops in the Spring, with KH3 getting released. If Cinderella is getting a Signature release this or next year, maybe they'll finally give that film the line it deserves? There's both the live-action Dumbo and The Lion King next year, too. Mufasa, Adult Simba, Nala, Zazu, and the Hyenas are characters they could make for the latter.

I'm surprised that with all the TV pops Disney has allowed them to make (of both old and new shows), they still haven't done anything for the Tangled series. If nothing else, I'd like a version of Flynn/Eugene the way he looks in the series, with the gloves; he looks much better that way than with the outfit from the film. (Cass and Varian would be nice, too.) It's a shame the Aladdin and TLM series happened so long ago, because there are characters from those shows I'd love, too. (Mirage, Mozenrath, Sadira, Urchin, Gabriella, Evil Manta, young Triton).
SpaceAce
Gold Classic Collection

Post by SpaceAce »

Got My Disney Treasures yesterday. Ariel looks better in person. The Moana mini is great too. The minis are consistently great in these boxes. My Edna Jack Jack is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow.

Really like the Aladdin Plps, Five Star and Mystery Minis. Will get most all of them. Wish they had announced a Jasmine Rock Candy too.

There was a Rapunzel Pocket Pop for the TV series leaked last year with the Aladdin and Hercules leaks. So hopefully a series of Pop is coming soon for the series.
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

^ I have the Rapunzel pocket pop but I dont think its meant to be based on the tv series...unless youre talking about a new one that hasn't been released yet.

Question: are the mystery minis that come in the treasures sets the same size as the basic ones sold in stores? Id really love to get the Winter Belle mini to go with the others I have in my collection. So far I have Moana, Elsa, Anna, Merida, Pocahontas and Jasmine. Id love to get Ariel and Tiana since I have their pets and I also have Pua and Rajah. Would also love Mulan, Mushu and Meeko but those cost an arm/leg on eBay. :|

Of course there'll be a crap-ton of Frozen pops next year coinciding with the sequel.
and not one of them will be Hans. :roll: