Funko POP! Disney

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Re: Funko POP! Disney

Post by unprincess »

lord-of-sith wrote:
DC Fan wrote:I pray this is the case. I really dislike the character and the fact that it was the villain reveal that I don´t want to have to get him just because I do a Disney Villains collection.
You know you don't HAVE to buy a pop if you don't want it, right?
he should buy him and give him to ME. :P

but seriously no Im convinced that someone at Funko HQ has a real hate on for that character (as so many do)b/c they couldn't even bother to make him as a mystery mini(and there were like 20 Frozen 1 MM's including 5 Elsas, 4 Annas and TWO Marshmallows!) I was hoping they'd make him for a Frozen 1 themed HT box for the sequels release, too bad they stopped making them. :|

I wasn't surprised he's not in anything Frozen 2 related b/c hes obviously not in the film. I think the only chance he'd ever get a pop is to wait until 2023 when they may release new POPs for the first film's 10th anniversary.
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I don't think there's a conspiracy against a Hans pop :lol: , when you consider than Lady Tremaine and Mother Gothel haven't been made either. I'm honestly shocked they haven't made a Cinderella line in all this time, or Alice and Sleeping Beauty lines. They're all pretty popular films that I believe would sell easy? Pinocchio deserves one, too, but I can understand why they might be more hesitant with a film like that one even if it's a classic. So funny that The Emperor's New Groove, The Black Cauldron, Hercules, and now Hunchback will all get their major characters made into pops before those three. So weird. There really is no rhyme or reason to it.

Since I'm posting, I've regularly wished we could get Tangled: The Series pops like you see with several other Disney series for Cass in particular, but also Varian and Eugene in the series outfit. Now I hope that if it ever happens, they would make one of Cass with the white-blue hair. :P
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

The Fairy Godmother might get a pop.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

No mention of Frollo? Boo. I hope he shows up soon.

Oh, so I went to a local toy and comic con at my hometown (which I'm in the process of moving back to- neither here nor there though), and I finally found the Lilo & Stitch box. I got it for $20, less than it cost at Hot Topic, partly since the Stitch Pop is missing the box and pineapple smell, which is fine by me. I'm still not in love with it, so I don't mind paying a little less for a mostly complete box.
lord-of-sith
Collector's Edition

Post by lord-of-sith »

Avaitor wrote:No mention of Frollo? Boo. I hope he shows up soon.
Most likely an exclusive, probably to Hot Topic. Also who is "Fool"? A random villager from the Topsy Turvy scene? Is it Clopin?
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

My guess is that guy who always got trapped.
Disney's Divinity

More likely the Festival of Fools variant of Quasimodo.

EDIT: Well, I lucked up because my sister just stopped by and she’d bought me the Cruella Ride and the Cobra Jafar Treasure Box. :pink: :pink: :pink: And apparently she got me the Emily Blunt Mary Poppins pop, too, even though I didn’t want that. :lol: But it’s free, so… I’m really happy. I thought maybe I could buy them from a second-hand seller over the next year or two, but now I don’t have to. Yay! They are so nice.
ProfessorRatigan
Special Edition

Post by ProfessorRatigan »

farerb wrote:Image
Glad you posted this, I was going to the other day, but was too tired :lol:

"Fool" is more than likely King of Fools Quasimodo, as that was in someone's system. I would love to be wrong and have it turn out to be Clopin (and thus make the Quasimodo variant a Chase or something)... Hope to God Funko sees sense and makes Frollo as an exclusive, at the VERY least. I hope we'll see Phoebus and the Gargoyles turn up as Con Exclusives or something. :/

After Hercules got such a robust wave (the whole primary cast!), I was hoping that Funko would do the same for Hunchback. Guess not. Sigh. (I also hope Esmeralda will come with a little Djali!)
ProfessorRatigan
Special Edition

Quasimodo, King of Fools Quasimodo and Esmeralda (no Djali), have been officially announced. https://www.funko.com/blog/article/comi ... notre-dame

Still upset there's no Frollo, Clopin, or Phoebus.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Here's an image:
ProfessorRatigan
Special Edition

^thanks. I tried, but it wouldn't allow me.
thedisneyspirit
Anniversary Edition

Post by thedisneyspirit »

Has it ever been stated why some funkos have mouths and others don't?
ProfessorRatigan
Special Edition

thedisneyspirit wrote:Has it ever been stated why some funkos have mouths and others don't?
I don't believe so. I think it just comes down to aesthetics. Same with why some have noses and some don't. Admittedly, Quasimodo would look odd without either, I think. Whereas the Movie Moment of Ariel, imho, looks disgusting because they put a mouth on it. *shrug*
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

Esmeralda and the regular Quasimodo look fine, but yeah, I'm disappointed that these are the only characters done so far.

I got the Nightmare box from Hot Topic and was pretty pleased with it. The Oogie Boogie dice was my favorite piece, and I really like how it's shaped like a present, filled with small toys! I also liked that it only cost $25 this time, but I did end up buying a little more to get hot cash. I'm disappointed that there won't be another box to use it for, but as mentioned for, these went down in quality after Funko sent them off to Hot Topic anyway.
Disney's Divinity

ProfessorRatigan wrote:Whereas the Movie Moment of Ariel, imho, looks disgusting because they put a mouth on it. *shrug*
To me, it looks like a character from Gumby. :lol: But I loved those cartoons, so...
lord-of-sith
Collector's Edition

Post by lord-of-sith »

Still very perplexing to me that they made this line seemingly without Frollo. I'd like to think he'll be a Hot Topic exclusive...but I'm becoming less sure.
Disney's Divinity

I still think he'll be a HT exclusive myself, but if he isn't, it wouldn't be the first time they haven't done a villain (Hans, Gothel, for a long time Gaston, Shan-Yu, Ratcliffe, etc.). He's one of the more popular villains, so if he doesn't happen now, he will eventually. Just like the Horned King.
ProfessorRatigan
Special Edition

Disney's Divinity wrote:I still think he'll be a HT exclusive myself, but if he isn't, it wouldn't be the first time they haven't done a villain (Hans, Gothel, for a long time Gaston, Shan-Yu, Ratcliffe, etc.). He's one of the more popular villains, so if he doesn't happen now, he will eventually. Just like the Horned King.
I hope you're right. Even if they didn't make Clopin, Phoebus or the Gargoyles, I could live as long as they made Frollo. It would be so bizarre if Frollo didn't get made, given that even people who HATE Hunchback regard him as one of the top-tier Disney Villains. It would feel slightly perplexing to have Horned King (who I love, don't get me wrong) and not Frollo... For as awesome as the Horned King is, he's WAY more obscure. The Disney Villain Funko collection just would feel so WRONG without Frollo in it. :/
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

I'm so glad Hunchback got some representation. Hope they make Frollo as well as Esmeralda in her red dress. Phoebus and Clopin would be great choices too.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey