Funko POP! Disney

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Funko POP! Disney

Post by singerguy04 »

I know these have been mentioned as a side note on a different topic years ago (that I can't seem to find), but I like them and I think these cute little guys deserve a topic of their own.

Series 1 - Can be found at Barnes and Noble for $8.95
01- Mickey Mouse
02 - Buzz Lightyear
03 - Woody
04 - Sulley
05 - Mike Wazowski
06 - Pinocchio
07 - Jiminy Cricket
08 - Snow White
09 - Maleficent
10 - Tinkerbell
11 - Cruella de Vil
12 - Stitch

These figures are made by a company named Funko, and they're basically 3-4" tall vinyl figures of famous Disney characters with a pop design twist.

here's a link to the company's site (which really needs to be updated with their Disney products) - http://www.funko.com/#/work/

I recently decided to start collecting them after having Maleficent from Series 1 for about a year now. These have started to build a nice fan base and some have made themselves to be really rare. For example, Mike and Sulley from Series one are nearly impossible to find and are being asked for A LOT more than retail value on ebay.

Right now I have Maleficent, Ursula, Cruella De Vil, Mickey, Steamboat Willie, Minnie, Ariel, Captain Hook, Belle, Beast, Snow White, Mr. Incredible, George Sandersen, Jessie, Lotso, and Syndrome.

Series 2 - Can be found at Barnes and Noble for $8.95
13 - Lotso Huggin' Bear
14 - George Sandersen
15 - Jack Skellington
16 - Sally
17 - Mr. Incredible
18 - Syndrome
19 - Jessie
20 - Boo
21 - Belle
22 - The Beast
23 - Minnie Mouse
24 - Steamboat Willie

Series 3 - Available right now at The Disney Store for $12.50 each
25 - Peter Pan
26 - Captain Hook
27 - Ariel
28 - Ursula
29 - Elastigirl
30 - Edna E. Mode
31 - Donald Duck
32 - Winnie the Pooh
33 - Alien
34 - Emperor Zurg
35 - Cheshire Cat
36 - Mad Hatter

Series 4 is coming Oct, 4 2012 and here's a sneak peek at them!

Series 4

Have any of you picked any of them up? What do you think about them? Which characters would you like to see them release next?
Last edited by singerguy04 on Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dr Frankenollie
In The Vaults

Re: Funko POP! Disney

Post by Dr Frankenollie »

I've never seen or heard of them before, but already I love these. The villains are particularly appealing. Chernabog and the Queen look great in the Series 4 image. I'd like to see Carl Fredricksen, Aladdin and most of all - perhaps as the final figure in the line - Oswald the Lucky Rabbit.
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

Yeah, I really love the villains too! They are so cute being all small and evil looking, haha!

I'm sure they'll get through all of the Princesses, and I'm really excited to see Aurora and Pocahontas.

I'm also sure they'll get to a few characters from each Pixar film (they havn't done Finding Nemo, A Bug's Life, Ratatouille, and Cars) as well as finishing up the fab 5 with Pluto. They might even throw in Daisy.

I would LOVE to see more villains like Jafar, Hades, Yzma, and Mother Gothel as well as some characters from more obscure films like Bianca, Bernard, Gurgi, Quasimodo, Hercules, Merlin, and Robin Hood.
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney Duster »

Fantasia Mickey is so unbelievably adorable.

Why do they call her the "Wicked Evil Queen"? Redundant much?

And why do the small cutesy versions always make Cinderella's bun too big so she doesn't look nearly pretty as she's supposed too?!
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

I've been wanting to collect these for a while, both the Disney and Marvel ones, but I'm too poor to atm.

For Disney, the ones I want the most are Maleficent, Jack, Donald and Chernabog.
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

I was looking at some of these at Barnes & Noble the other day. Hadn't seen the Ursula one yet but it's pretty freakin' awesome. :D

singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

Ursula is the one that pretty much reeled me into collecting them. I was content with maleficent, but then a friend of mine got Ursula for his birthday and I loved it. Then over this past weekend I went to a Disney Store and picked her up. Then I was hooked! lol
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I saw these the other day when I was searching for an Ariel wedding dress doll, and was wondering wth? I might go to B&N and get the Ursula and Ariel ones. The only others that might interest me are Maleficent and the Evil Queen. Well, no, Belle, the Beast, and Snow White look cute, too.

I think Jack Skellington is the best of the series so far. :lol:
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
SpaceAce
Gold Classic Collection

Post by SpaceAce »

The Monsters Inc. ones were only sold at Disney Stores and had SDCC exclusive variants of Mike and Sulley. They are retired now and all except George go for quite a bit of money on eBay. Also the Toy Story ones are released two different ways. Disney Store versions are regular figures and the ones released everywhere else are bobbleheads with black bases.

I have Steamboat Willie, Minnie, Donald, Woody, Jessie, Lotso, George, Ariel, Beast, Mr. Incredible, Syndrome, and Cruella.

Funko is also making the Pops in Mini and Jumbo size. Plus they are making Disney characters in their Blox, Cupcakes and bobble head lines. They also made four Phineas and Ferb figures that are only available at Disney Store and the Theme Parks.
Last edited by SpaceAce on Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

Under close inspection, that Ursula one looks pretty fucking awesome.

I'd also like the Edna Mode one, if only out of novelty. The next time I go to the Disney Store in Orlando, I'll have to look for those.
SpringHeelJack
Platinum Edition

Post by SpringHeelJack »

I have the Maleficent one on my TV. I'd love to get the Ursula one, but we have no Disney Store out here so I'll have to hope B&N gets them in soon.
"Ta ta ta taaaa! Look at me... I'm a snowman! I'm gonna go stand on someone's lawn if I don't get something to do around here pretty soon!"
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

Today I went on an adventure to Gurnee Mills Mall north of Chicago, and while I was there I went to The Disney Store Outlet. To my surprise they had a bunch of these on sale for $6.99, which is A LOT cheaper than what I've been finding them for anywhere in location or online. I ended up picking up 6 that I didn't already have (because I just had to, lol). I got Syndrome, Mr. Incredible, Lotso, Jessie, Minnie Mouse, and George Sandersen. They also had Cruella De Vil and Maleficent, but I already had those.
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

SpringHeelJack wrote:I have the Maleficent one on my TV. I'd love to get the Ursula one, but we have no Disney Store out here so I'll have to hope B&N gets them in soon.
It's been my impression that B&N tends to get them after a new series has been released at The Disney Store. I think whatever's left in stock gets sent to these stores or the Disney Store Outlets.

Series 4, which I mentioned and posted a pic of in my original post, is coming Oct. 4 this year, so I would assume that by November or so this recent series would start popping up at B&N.
SpaceAce
Gold Classic Collection

Post by SpaceAce »

Disney Store has an exclusive window for them. I think its six months. It was posted on the Funko Funatics forum awhile back.
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

SpaceAce wrote:Disney Store has an exclusive window for them. I think its six months. It was posted on the Funko Funatics forum awhile back.
Thanks for all the info SpaceAce, are you a member of the Funko Funatics forum? I'm thinking about joining that now too! :)

and in case any of you are interested, here's a pic of my collection I just posted in another topic.

SpaceAce
Gold Classic Collection

Post by SpaceAce »

Yes, I'm a member of the funko funatics forum. I post their as JEP. A lot of info gets posted their before anywhere else. :)

Also great collection! I need to get a Belle soon.
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

Well when did the third set come out? I could've sworn that I saw some of them at my Disney Store when I went back on Black Friday, particularly Donald, Edna and Peter.
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I went to B&N tonight and I forgot the Ursula one is only available at the Disney store right now. Bleh. I bought the Maleficent and Cruella ones though. I would've liked to have got Belle, too.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

Avaitor wrote:Well when did the third set come out? I could've sworn that I saw some of them at my Disney Store when I went back on Black Friday, particularly Donald, Edna and Peter.
Series 3 debuted online at disneystore.com in early January. I'm not sure exactly when it entered the stores...

I went to B&N today and picked up Jiminy Cricket, Stitch, and Tinkerbell. I then ordered Pinocchio on Amazon because he's priced at $7.90, then I got free shipping through Prime.

Now all I need from Series 1 and 2 are Sully, Mike Wazowski, Buzz Lightyear, Woody, Jack Skellington, Sally, and Boo. I doubt I'm ever really going to get the 3 Monsters, Inc. characters without paying more that $60 for them due to being retired and all. I'm looking to put in an order for Buzz and Woody in the next few days from ebay. I don't want the ones with the base and I'm pretty sure I found a selling that picked them up from The Disney Store so they don't have the base. Jack and Sally I might hold off on and keep my eyes open.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

The promo picture makes it look like Cruella Deville has blue eyeshadow. The actual picture makes it look green. And in the film it's like slightly bluish green. I like it better as blue, but hey.

I just realized, they should have done Cinderella's hair more like they did Belle's hair.