Funko POP! Disney

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Funko POP! Disney

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I don't think the shadow ones connect, they just all have those little "platforms" the characters stand on, but, yeah, the little train connects. I knew they'd make one of those trains for the Disney Villains eventually and they're all adorable, but I couldn't afford it ( :( )--so Ursula only of those ones for me. I'm sure over time they'll make additions for the train--like Hades, Yzma, Facilier, Jafar, the Queen of Hearts, Chernabog, etc.

Eventually, they'll make a train for the Disney Princesses, too. That might be even harder on me to skip than this Disney Villain train. :lol: Btw, I don't know if it was ever posted here, there was some Scar pop recently called a "Specialty Pop." I didn't think it looked that great, but that's just me. I do regret not getting the BoxLunch pop of him with the green smoke though.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Disney's Divinity

^ Yeah! I'm not sure what "Specialty Series" means or how its different from a normal pop or Movie Moment or whatever? :?

EDIT: I think I might actually get the other train carts, since looking at Amazon, the individual carts are only $15 (with the actual train part being $20). That would be do-able. I just thought each of them would be $20-25 a piece. Then again, where they're Funko.com exclusive, they could be higher than they would if they were simply at Amazon. :roll:

I wonder if they might someday start making trains for the individual films? You know they will, lol, especially for the most popular films like B&tB, TLM, TLK, Snow White, Frozen, etc.
Disney's Divinity

Forgive my Random Thoughts-style post here:

I couldn't help myself... I bought the Queen of Hearts Teacup Ride that's been out for a while and pre-ordered the Cheshire Cat PIAB exclusive of him standing on his head. They’re both just so adorable, I know I'm blowing $$$ and I’m going down the drain here. I didn't get the teacup one because it's WDW related--I have little association with the parks (sadly)--but because I associate teacups with the movie. It looks sort of like how the QoH appears in the last few minutes when they're all chasing Alice (except the Queen is riding a leaf and several characters there instead of a cup, I believe?). While I do have the old QoH where she’s angry already, it was of her with her sleeves rolled up and holding a flamingo, so this one is a little more “any situation” than that.

I remember waiting for a new (better) Cheshire Cat for years and suggested the Cat variant of him on his head for so long (along with the idea of him disappearing mid-way, like the translucent pop that’s out now, too), so it'd feel wrong if I didn't buy it... The two pops are different enough, I guess it’s not so bad. I know eventually they’ll make one of him on the Queen of Hearts' head, lol—so this may not be my last Cheshire Cat even. And eventually they'll make a variant of the White Rabbit with the trumpet and heart uniform. Part of me wants the Tweedles, too...; I've seen the 2-pack appear in the Amazon Warehouse lately, I'm waiting for a good price ($12 for two would be great, for example). The inevitable Pop Moment of Alice at the table with Mad Hatter, March Hare, and Dormouse will complete the cast (since I've skipped the March Hare and Mad Hatter pops in the past)--they may even make that moment the VHS cover pop, perhaps. At least I remember the cover being that moment. I suppose a Card Soldier or two. :P

My sister bought the Pride Ursula POP for me as a gift a few weeks ago! I'm still a little disappointed the new Pride pops aren't the transcluent kind like they started out as, but it is cute. To me, the way they're doing them now, they look more like tie-dye than PRIDE.

So now, it's just the Ursula Cart, Ursula pop (that hasn't been shown yet), Hades Throne, Scar Throne w/ Hyenas, and Yzma Throne w/ Kronk pops I'm waiting on. The more I think of it, I'll pass on that Hades w/ P&P. I suppose I'm right to think the Scar with Hyenas pop will be considered a "throne" pop if it's the moment I was thinking of before (the end of "Be Prepared" with the Nazi-esque marching below him). I know they'll eventually make Gaston on his huge chair, but I had the thought that they could easily do one of Facilier at his Tarot card table with the high-backed chair he sits in.

The Ursula pop that's in shadow for now has me wondering... You can see the little grey shapes around the pops to tell what objects there will be or whatever (like there being a wall behind Facilier to hold the shadow, for example). She has something weirdly shaped around her, I'm not sure what it is? And something around where her right hand is. Perhaps it's her vanity and she's holding a lipstick tube? I hope so. Anyway, I was thinking about the Ursula Throne pop of her in front of her cauldron and, well... I do like it, but I just know they're going to do another version of her at her cauldron eventually where she's in orange glow and holding the butterfly that she uses to transform into Vanessa. :P
Disney's Divinity

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FVPW7b7WIAY ... ame=medium

A SDCC pop of Bambi in the iconic pose with the butterfly on his tail (I'm surprised they didn't save this for the VHS Cover pop).

Like the previous Bambi pops, I'm not crazy about it, which is a shame since I like the movie and characters. Funko is hit and miss with animal characters for me.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Disney's Divinity wrote:Anyway, I was thinking about the Ursula Throne pop of her in front of her cauldron and, well... I do like it, but I just know they're going to do another version of her at her cauldron eventually where she's in orange glow and holding the butterfly that she uses to transform into Vanessa. :P
Would you prefer the "just before becoming Vanessa" Pop as you described, to the "kiss of true love" one they have? I always thought it was so cool and yet so illogical Ursula had a live, fluttering butterfly in a ball in her cabinet. How she get that? And keep it alive for so long?! But as a teen, I loved realizing the butterfly represents transformation very well.
Disney's Divinity

I loved that moment, so I'd definitely prefer that one. I always loved that a butterfly was used, it was such an interesting choice. It showed how vast Ursula's experience is--that she clearly must've gone on land at some point to get something like that. But I do like the little true love symbol, so I don't mind this existing.

On top of the orange-lit moment, I know they'll eventually make a Pop Moment using the cauldron mold that has her lit in green with the ghost hands, too.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Yes, I figured Ursula must have gone on land to get such a thing, too, and that it was very interesting.

I have to say I don't have much faith in them making the orange-glow cauldron moment, but maybe. I have more faith in green-glow one, with Ariel singing and losing her voice.
Disney's Divinity

They make villain pops nonstop. Especially for the big ones like Maleficent, Ursula, Scar, the Queen, the Queen of Hearts, etc., they'll always be making new variants of them to get you to buy the same character again and again. That's the main reason I think it'll happen at some point.
Disney's Divinity

The Queen on Throne pop came today along with Olaf as Ariel. :D I knew the Olaf was coming since I just bought it from Warehouse, but the Queen was a nice surprise. All the throne pops so far have looked great. The lack of Maleficent's staff with her throne pop is the only criticism I have for any of them, they turned out great.

So now all I'm waiting on to ship is the Simba on Pride Rock (VHS cover) pop now. Still need to pick up Tremaine and Hades on Throne pops, but I'm not sure the latter has even come available to pre-order at Amazon yet... What is going on there??? And of course Mama Odie and the Halloween stuff, although I'm skeptical that a lot of that won't end up getting delayed to next year just like all this stuff we're just getting now (Yzma and Kronk Throne, Scar on Throne, Ursula, Ursula Cart, etc.) or the Queen of Hearts Throne pop that has been said to be on its way. Or the Ultimate Princess pops that still haven't come out yet for that matter.

Personally, it'll be better for them to be delayed, I've spent too much this year anyway, I know... :oops: I was glad SDCC only had that one Disney pop I didn't want. I'm hoping there's nothing major at the NYCC event either for that reason...
blackcauldron85

What Halloween Pops are you wanting to get? I wonder if they're working on fixing Mama Odie's box...

Funko POP! Releasing Walt Disney’s Plane and Pilot Mickey Vinyl Figure
https://wdwnt.com/?p=755362
Disney's Divinity

Just those ones I listed--the Ursula pop that was in shadow, the Ursula Cart pop, Scar with Hyenas "Throne" pop, and the Yzma with Kronk Throne Pop.

Possibly the Facilier w/ his shadow pop--although I'm thinking that one's more likely a pass. I would like all the villain cart pops, but that would cost way too much. Surprisingly, Hook is the most tempting of those because the ship looks very nice.
blackcauldron85

Gotcha, thank you! I wasn't thinking villains = Halloween. :p
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

have they released photos of the Villains in shadow pops yet?
Disney's Divinity

I'm having computer issues, so haven't been able to post. I'm using someone's phone right now, so I can't post links, but two of those shadow villain pops have been unveiled and are available to order. One is the Yzma and Kronk Throne and the other is Scar and the hyenas. Personally, I think both look bad, so I'm passing even though I had thought about getting those. Ursula and Facilier haven't been revealed yet.

Also, a bunch of D23 pops have been revealed. Lucifer from Cinderella, Devil Kronk, a Jiminy Cricket variant, a two pack of a black and white Mickey and Minnie, and some others I can't remember. Apparently, Lucifer will show up at Boxlunch and Devil Kronk at Funko.com,, not sure about the others.
Disney's Divinity

I read that Lucifer will appear on BoxLunch September 9th at 6 a.m., so... Preparing for it! Anyway, now I'm able to use the Internet again, I thought I should provide some pictures for others who maybe wouldn't seek them out on their own.

Here's all the D23 stuff:
https://www.funko.com/craftmin/assets/D ... 66f334.jpg

And here's Yzma and Kronk "throne" Pop that had been in shadow before:

And the Scar and Hyenas "throne" pop:
http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0051/1 ... 1655032525

The Scar and Hyenas throne pop grows on me looking at it again now. I /might/ still get that one after all. The Yzma & Kronk throne is sort of like the Mad Scientist 2-pack from a while back--Yzma just turned out looking bad in both of those while Kronk looks fine. And since Yzma is my priority between the two, if she looks bad, it's a pass for me. But I will be getting Devil!Kronk though. :P
Disney's Divinity

The Scar and Hyenas pops came today and it's so cute!

Apparently the Disney Villain Carts came available on Funko.com yesterday, just wanted to let anyone interested know. I'm taking a chance and waiting until next Friday when the Lucifer and Kronk Devil pops come out to get them at the same time. If the Ursula Cart is gone by then, I guess it's not a big loss since I can't afford the other carts anyway to go with it--although I wish I could at least get Hook, his ship looks adorable. The Lucifer pop has this weird thing on some sites it's listed as being available at both BoxLunch and Funko.com. I just thought maybe I could get to the Free Shipping limit if I were to somehow, miraculously, get Lucifer, Devil Kronk, the Ursula Cart, and either Lady Tremaine or maybe the Nightgown Cruella pop (if it's available) all at the same time.

Who knows, maybe they'll make a full-out pop ride of Hook's ship someday.
Disney's Divinity

The Disney pops at NYCC this year:

https://www.popshopguide.com/wp-content ... t-Peru.png

Merida, Professor Owl, Clarabelle Cow, Mr. Smee w/ Skull Rock, Roger Rabbit.

Very relieved, personally, that just like with SDCC, there's nothing I want. I've spent too much this year as it is and still a lot of things left between CDs, Funko, etc. And a vet visit on top of it all. Hopefully much less next year. :X

Also, there's a Duchess VHS POP Cover out for The Aristocats. It's adorable, but I don't plan to get any more of the VHS covers--aside from TLM and *maybe* TSitS depending what they do for it. I just got the TLK VHS cover in the mail and it *is* really cute. I had planned to sort of break it down and take the pop out, but now I'm thinking that I might hang it on the wall somewhere. I'm hoping the TLM one, whenever they make it, will be Ariel sitting on the rock Copenhagen-style. :P
blackcauldron85

I hope your dog is okay. I feel you on expensive vet visits. <3. I love that Smee and Skull Rock Pop! And yay Roger Rabbit! I have so many Pops still in boxes laying on a bookshelf, since I don't have space in my display cabinet, so I haven't bought any in a while.
Disney's Divinity

No, she's okay. I don't blame you. I admit, they are a lot, where I have spare rooms to put them, it's different. Those media cabinets that are around, I dunno, a foot and a half wide with 10-12 shelves are a good source of space, since I can put books and movies there, and then pops in front. :P

I bought the D23 pops (Devil!Kronk and Lucifer from Cinderella) earlier along with the Ursula Cart! :dance: I was so close to free shipping, I threw sitting Stitch on there. I wanted at least one Stitch pop to sit opposite Lilo, and this one sort of reminds me of the clipart of Stitch, so... :) Even though it's probably a little higher on Funko.com that it would be at Amazon, that's still better than wasting $7 on shipping.