Funko POP! Disney

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
ProfessorRatigan
Special Edition

Post by ProfessorRatigan »

The prototypes for several of the Disney Series 5 figures, including Jafar and the Genie, Baloo and King Louie, have been unveiled! http://www.funkofunatic.com/forums/view ... 62&t=36169

I LOVE the way Jafar turned out. I was worried how he'd end up looking, and this one makes me very happy. He's definitely going to be the first Funko figure I purchase.
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Thanks so much for posting that--I'd been checking every other week, wondering when they'd be revealed. Yes, Jafar looks really nice! :o Baloo is the other standout so far, and I wasn't even looking forward to him. Alice is as cute as I imagined she would be. :)

Genie doesn't look bad either, but the nose looks odd... Russell looks good, too. I'll reserve judgment on Louie until they get colored--his mouth looks like a duck right now. :lol: I'm so looking forward to seeing Mary Poppins. :D

EDIT: Just looked through a few more pages--Dumbo looks awesome! Another character I wasn't thinking of that I'll have to get now. :P It's too bad they don't have pictures of all of them yet--I wonder how Jasmine, Mary Poppins, and Merida have turned out, in particular.
Last edited by Disney's Divinity on Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

I picked up a Jiminy Cricket one at a Blockbuster store closing sale for about $3

I thought it was a steal. I regret getting Maleficent for $5. Oh well
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
ProfessorRatigan
Special Edition

Any idea how long it usually takes from seeing the prototypes to them being available in stores?
Sky Syndrome
Anniversary Edition

Post by Sky Syndrome »

The prototype pic of Monsters University Mike wearing a cap and carrying school books in one arm makes my heart flutter! Simply adorable!

Disney's Divinity

I kept checking back, hoping they'd have previews for Jasmine, Merida, and Mary Poppins, too, but no luck. :( :P Even those three aren't my favorite characters or anything, I think they'll all look really cute.
ProfessorRatigan wrote:Any idea how long it usually takes from seeing the prototypes to them being available in stores?
I wish I could answer this, but this is the first time I've seen one of the series from the very beginning. They did say it would be out this Spring, so I'd say in April, maybe March. :)
ProfessorRatigan
Special Edition

SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

I'll preface this post by saying I know pretty much nothing about these figures. But I saw at Walmart the other day an exclusive Peter Pan one packaged with the Diamond Edition, and it seemed a lot smaller than how I remember these? Is that right? He was only maybe 2 inches tall... Aren't most of these more like 4? I'd be much more inclined to start collecting them if they were as small as that Peter Pan one.
Sky Syndrome
Anniversary Edition

Post by Sky Syndrome »

Those look fantastic! :o Mary Poppins isn't just holding her trademark umbrella, she's also holding her trademark carpet bag!
L&P on the Scales

Post by L&P on the Scales »

See, it works fine for humans and Disney in general, but the Triple Threat of Sonic the Hedgehog just do not fit with those eyes at all!

...I'm watching like seven things at once at this year's toy fair.
Disney's Divinity

I've changed my mind about Baloo. And Louie's coloring is kind of bad to me. Jasmine and Alice aren't as great as they could be, but I still like them. All the Pixar characters turned out good. Mary Poppins, Dumbo and Jafar are the best of the Disney characters to me.
SWillie! wrote:I'll preface this post by saying I know pretty much nothing about these figures. But I saw at Walmart the other day an exclusive Peter Pan one packaged with the Diamond Edition, and it seemed a lot smaller than how I remember these? Is that right? He was only maybe 2 inches tall... Aren't most of these more like 4? I'd be much more inclined to start collecting them if they were as small as that Peter Pan one.
I actually read on that Funko Pop forum about it earlier. It's a special mini version exclusively released with the Peter Pan Diamond. I'm actually thinking of getting the Diamond just for that. :lol:

They have a few Mini's out now, probably more to come in the future (hopefully Ariel and Ursula will come soon):
Me wrote:I don't know if anyone else knew about this already, but apparently there are mini versions of a few of these Funko Pop figures--sold in sets of two. At the moment, there are:

1. Maleficent and the Evil Queen
2. Winnie the Pooh and Tigger
3. Snow White and Grumpy
4. Mickey and Minnie Mouse
5. Jack Skellington and Oogie Boogie
Last edited by Disney's Divinity on Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

OH WOW DUMBO LOOKS SO ADORABLE I NEED THAT
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

Thanks Divinity! The more I look at these the more the I'm liking them, but I do really like the size of the minis much better. They aren't so overwhelming. Oh gosh... here we go with a new collection :lol:

I might have to hold out on these with Disney Infinity coming so soon, as I do like those better. But I love the selection of characters so far in the Funko collection. Hmmmmmm
lord-of-sith
Collector's Edition

Post by lord-of-sith »

These are so good! I'll be picking up Jafar for sure, and I'll be getting Dumbo for the boyfriend (loves elephants). Good job Funko! Keep up the good work!
ProfessorRatigan
Special Edition

Figured I'd mention that these are being released on May 28, 2013, according to the folks on the Funko forum.
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Re: Funko POP! Disney

Post by Avaitor »

I hope you don't mind if I bump this with my dream set for the next wave:

-Simba
-Timon
-Pumbaa

It's crazy to think that The Lion King has had no representation in the series so far. It's one of Disney's most popular movies, so you'd think that we would've had Simba by now, but nope. You could easily combine Pumbaa and Timon together if you'd rather have Scar, Zazu or Rafiki there, or if you think the movie only needs 2 figures as of now.

-Rapunzel
-Flynn Rider

Tangled is rapidly becoming a favorite in the Disney canon, with Rapunzel being among the best selling princesses. She and her guy deserve some representation as well.

-Tiana
-Dr. Facilier

The Princess and the Frog may not be as popular as Disney was hoping it'd be, but you'd have to be kidding if you think that Tiana doesn't have her own big following in the princess canon. On top of that, Facilier is quite a popular villain himself, even among those who aren't a fan of the movie. I initially thought about putting Naveen in here, possibly in his frog from, but Facilier would be a bigger seller.

-Scrooge McDuck

What can I say, I love Scrooge! He still has his fans today as well, from comic fans who appreciate Carl Barks' work to nostalgics who fancy DuckTales and/or Mickey's Christmas Carol. This could also be a teaser to further incorporate TV characters into the line, but Scrooge does have his own history beyond his popular show.

-Pollyanna

This is just a pipe dream, honestly, but we have been getting live-action characters into the mix, and I'm sure there are enough Pollyanna fans who'd be interested in getting the figure. It's one of my favorite movies, personally, and I'd love to have her in my collection.

-Sebastian
-Scuttle

I'm one of those people who prefer the sidekicks of The Little Mermaid to Ariel herself. I skipped Flounder though, since it'd seem like a hard task for the Funko guys to make him look good.

-Rex

And just to fill out the quote and put a Pixar character in. Rex is my favorite Toy Story character, so why not?

-Aladdin

HOW DID I FORGET ALADDIN? AND WHY DID FUNKO SKIP THE TITLE CHARACTER OF THE MOVIE FOR THREE OTHER, ADMITTEDLY AWESOME CHARACTERS?

Edit:

Out went Scuttle, in went Aladdin.
Disney's Divinity

I have to admit the Aladdin thing really annoyed me. I mean, how did Jasmine get released before him? Jafar and Genie are understandable at least.

Anyway, I know they've pushed off Aurora twice now, so I'm thinking she'll get released in the next series, so I'm not sure if both Rapunzel and Tiana will be released. I'm thinking Tiana might be more likely, just because Rapunzel and Aurora would look so similar in the same set.
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

Disney's Divinity wrote:I have to admit the Aladdin thing really annoyed me. I mean, how did Jasmine get released before him? Jafar and Genie are understandable at least.
Perks of being a princess? Jasmine isn't as high-priority in the line as she used to be, but she still has some representation and a solid following of her own, so I can understand why she made it in. She shouldn't have before Aladdin himself, though.
Disney's Divinity wrote:Anyway, I know they've pushed off Aurora twice now, so I'm thinking she'll get released in the next series, so I'm not sure if both Rapunzel and Tiana will be released. I'm thinking Tiana might be more likely, just because Rapunzel and Aurora would look so similar in the same set.
I didn't even think about Aurora myself, since she's never been a favorite in the princess line, but like everyone else, she has her following, and it would be good to have figures of Walt's three princesses already. But you're right, it would make sense to bump off Rapunzel for Aurora if need be.
ProfessorRatigan
Special Edition

http://fuckyeahfunkopop.tumblr.com/image/63599112799

Wreck-It Ralph's TURBO! The release date is October 31, from what I gather. I'm not sure if he's a Disney Store Exclusive or if he'll be available where ever Pops are sold.

And as long as we're talking wish lists: I really want to see Frollo. He's my favorite character and I think he'd look terrific in the Funko design style. (I picture him in his hat, with GLARING, angry half-circle eyes, his distinctive nose on the figure (but no mouth!) and holding a lit torch in his left hand. (The one he uses to light Esmeralda's pyre with during the film.) That's my dream figure.

I also want to see Gaston, though I'm not sure what he should look like... Either holding his bow and arrow (as in the scene where he shoots the Beast) or holding the Magic Mirror. Also with angry eyes. It seems every piece of Gaston merchandise has him smiling and flexing one muscle, doesn't it? I want more of his menacing side to come through.

Hades is another I want to see done, but his design doesn't really lend itself to the Funko Style. He's too pin-headed, really. I'm afraid if they did Hades, he'd look fat and weird.

I want to see Timothy Mouse from Dumbo, Quasimodo, Clopin (who, again, I think would look GREAT in this style), Honest John, The Horned King, Professor Ratigan, Basil of Baker Street, Scar and Dr. Facilier. That pretty much rounds out my wish list.
thedisneyspirit
Anniversary Edition

Post by thedisneyspirit »

And again I ask where do they sell these. I find a few here and there in certain libraries but never of DISNEY things. :?

I want the Three Caballeros in this style. They'd look so cute! Also, Daisy, just to complete the Gang. :lol: