Funko POP! Disney

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Funko POP! Disney

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I wish they'd make a version of Mirabel where she's just standing normally. It's a shame I don't like the "movement" they attempted this one, because I'd have liked to have had one with her holding the butterfly otherwise. I imagine any variant will be of her without it.

I went ahead and pre-ordered the TLK Pop Cover Moment. I wonder what variant of Ariel they'll make for TLM Pop Cover at this point. They've already done the POYW splash. I suppose they could make one of her simply sitting on the rock, either as she appears when she's almost "cross-legged"-esque at the end looking at Eric on the beach or simply perched on the edge as in the original poster. A variant of her with a fork would be perfect, too. :P Or maybe a pop of her sitting on the rock in her grotto as at the end of the song when she's staring upwards at the sun.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

yeah when they try to do too much movement or expression on these pops it just doesn't always work. The Mirabel one reminds me of the new blue dress Belle pop with the similar sort of pose and it looks weird too.

I think Ariel on the rock like she appears in the vhs cover would work. Though Simba doesn't match the vhs cover they chose for Lion King. So maybe it will just be some variant of the many Ariel Pops they already have.

speaking of LM, just found out about this Boxlunch exclusive movie moment pop:

https://www.boxlunch.com/product/funko- ... nko-Disney
Disney's Divinity

Thank you for posting that here, I wouldn't have known otherwise! :) I would've preferred Statue Eric by itself, but this may be the only way it would ever get made, as a Pop Moment. They seem not to have much faith in pops of male characters; they probably thought he wouldn't sell as well without Ariel there, too. I only wish it was priced like a normal Movie Moment ($25), but I guess you add on the regular $5 extra for an exclusive (x2 since there are two pops). Eh. Now I wish I'd waited to get Tiana to buy it at the same time as this, but I couldn't have known this was coming or that Tiana would still be in-stock. The standard Ultimate Princess pops aren't even in stock there anymore, I'm surprised an exclusive still is.

Between this and the translucent Ariel pop, I'm a little confused why there are TLM pops coming out right now--not exactly an anniversary at the moment or anything? These aren't connected to that Ultimate Princess line or the Covers line. Weird. Thankfully, the Throne pops are still four-ish months or more away, and that TLK pop won't be out until May-June, too. So I didn't feel like I spent so much all at once with them spaced out like that.

I saw a bit of Hercules this morning, and I guess where I had talked in this thread recently about weird variants I'd like them to make like a statue Eric, stone Raya, etc., an idea struck me that a Movie Moment of Megara standing in the arms of Statue Hercules would be so cute!
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

I LOVE that Ariel/statue Eric Movie Moment! And you're right, Meg/statue Herc would be perfect! I haven't bought Encanto or Turning Red Pops yet but if I have any spending $ in the future, I'll try buying this Movie Moment along with those!
Disney's Divinity

I got the TLM Moment yesterday. It’s both better than I expected and slightly disappointing. It’s better in the sense that the little water swirls don’t look as bad as I thought and the moment itself is cuter than I thought from the pictures. The only disappointing thing was that Ariel’s hair is a faded red, I would’ve preferred it to be more vibrant if they weren’t going to release Statue!Eric solo.

I do hope a Meg with Statue!Hercules happens one day! Since it's Hercules' 25th anniversary, I wish they'd have a new line soon... A Zeus holding lightning bolts, Hera, the Muses, the Fates, and the Titans are all things they could do. The Muses or The Fates would probably work best if packaged together, but they could release the Titans separately. That way they could just, say, make one or two to begin with if they don't want to put them all out at once. The Rock Titan would be the natural first choice. I'd kill for 6 or 10 inches of the Titans, I admit.

EDIT:
https://hotstuff4geeks.com/wp-content/u ... 68x768.jpg

Apparantly there's one of Woody out there, too.

I can sort of get this line as far as for people who never take them out of the box. The B&TB VHS cover pop, for example... It looks really pretty if you're looking at it against the background. That said, as someone who takes them out and displays, I just don't think this line is worth it. Belle w/ Mirror is cute, but not worth $20+ when I already a version of her in the gold dress. I bought the TLK one because I think of it more as a Pop Moment than anything, of Simba from the ending.
blackcauldron85

I feel similarly to you about those VHS Pops, since I take mine out of their boxes.

For my birthday my husband got me the 65th Anniversary Disneyland castle + Mickey (I need to find space to put it!):

Funko Pop! Town: Disney 65th - Disney Castle with Mickey, 6" https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08H1HMFW7/
Disney's Divinity

Aw, that was sweet. :) I've seen that one and been tempted for sure. It's very cute. I saw something similar for Hogwarts Castle and South Park Elementary School, but the Disney Castle was easily the best one.

I know they'll eventually do pop towns for the Disney Princess castles (perhaps several of the villain domains, too), and I'm preparing myself for it. I know I'd likely get them all if they stay within $20 range--as long as they don't release all of them at once, I mean! :lol: :P
blackcauldron85

Is there a rhyme or reason to how they release Pops? Do you think they'd do one princess castle every couple of months or something vs release them all at once?
Disney's Divinity

The last of the Ultimate Princess pops have finally been revealed. See here.

@blackcauldron85: I'm so sorry, I missed your post yesterday. I was using someone's phone and struggling to figure out how to copy and paste urls on there that I wasn't even paying attention. :lol: They used to release a full line at once, I thought, but that was before the pandemic. The Ultimate Princess line has come in waves over the past year, so perhaps a Disney Town line for the castles it would be similar. Maybe three at once or something like that. I'd prefer if it was more like one every few months myself.

EDIT: I notice that twitter link isn't working now??? I wish I could've saved the picture, but I guess it'll show up again soon. I know it was of Belle, Merida, Mulan, Anna, and Elsa. I think there was one other one, but I forget what character it was?? Anyway, Belle was in her pink dress reading a book. Merida, I can't recall, but I think she was holding a bow and arrow or something. Mulan, I believe she was in her matchmaker dress--as it looks after she's wiped off her makeup--holding her father's sword about to cut her hair. I *think*. Elsa was in her coronation outfit. I believe Anna was in her green coronation dress, too, but not sure about that one. At least, I remember thinking none of them had outfits that I didn't already have pops of, anyway.

Earlier, I had decided that, you know what, screw it--I'm getting the Earth Day Poison Ivy pop and Vaporeon pop. I suppose my thought process before was to not to since I have so many, but I suppose "in for a penny, in for a pound" as they say. I was just thinking of how much I regret not getting the Wicked Witch of the West pop back in the day. One of my favorite non-Disney characters. I'm surprised they haven't made any new Wizard of Oz pops since then, actually, since Disney owns FOX's films now, right? Anyway, those two may not be Disney pops, but they have nostalgic value for me. I grew up in the Pokemon phase and while I don't love Pokemon anymore, Vaporeon was always my absolute favorite one. And Poison Ivy was one of my favorite non-Disney characters. I guess because of the red hair--thinking about it lately, I suppose I sort of had a thing for red hair growing up. Between Ariel, Poison Ivy, Ginger Spice/Geri Halliwell being my favorite of the Spice Girls. *shrug*

I saw two other Poison Ivy pops out there--one of her from the DC comics and one of her as she looked played by Uma Thurman. The latter one is gone, unless you want to pay $80+, but I might be able to get the Uma Thurman pop someday, since it's not too high. If not, it's fine. I think I like the Earth Day one so much because it has the comic book cover behind it. I don't plan to get anything else superhero-related beyond Poison Ivy, same with Vaporeon and Pokemon.
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

^ Im glad you got Ariel with the Eric statue!

I saw the twitter link, Ive seen the Belle one before b/c there's a variant of it being sold at Boxlunch. The others are new to me. I don't think I'll get any, I already have Merida and Matchmaker Mulan. I do like that they made updated versions of Coronation gown Elsa and Anna although I always figured they'd release those for the 10th anniversary.

I cant see them doing all the princess castles, but the most iconic ones: Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty B&B etc...(Unless they sell really well of course.)
Disney's Divinity

You probably don't buy Hercules pops, unprincess, but I was wondering if you'd ever seen the Hades Throne pop in stock anywhere (at a normal price, I mean, and not $40+)? I'm just wondering if it's ever been in stock at all and if it hasn't really been released yet or not. I'm thinking it must be coming out in the summer along with the other throne pops, but it's been more confusing with that one versus the Queen and Ursula Throne pops.
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

I only have Meg, I was tempted to get Hades and the Herc/Pegasus ride but didn't(no space). From my online Pop shopping, no I haven't seen the Hades throne pop anywhere...Im checking now, the ones I just find are the Evil Queen and Ursula. Boxluch, Hot Topic and Deep Discount don't have it, its preorders sold out at BigBadToyStore, but, oh lucky! Toywiz does have it for preorder:
https://toywiz.com/search/?search_query=hades+funko
Disney's Divinity

Hmm. So that site lists the Queen and Ursula as coming in April. I hope that's true, I thought they were coming in July based on Target. The images for Hades was out there long before they were though, so I just assumed it must be coming before them, but it's listed as coming in September. :lol:

I have a pre-order for Ursula already from a few months back. I suppose I need to get around to pre-ordering the Queen, too. What's weird is it had a page on Amazon because I bookmark pages, but now when you go to that link it says "Page Not Found" and there's no listing on Amazon. The same thing happened to Tremaine. :? Amazon is so weird sometimes.

I'm not sure if I'll buy all the Throne pops they'll make (I know there is one of Queen of Hearts coming, not sure I'll get that one since it'll probably just be her in her courtbox), but the Queen's and Hades' thrones are so cool--and I always wanted a new version of the Queen holding the box for SW's heart anyway, so this is a case of two birds one stone. The Ursula pop isn't nearly as good as theirs--would've so preferred it to have been her in her conch shell--but anything Ursula I will get, so... I do like her cauldron and the whole "True Love's Kiss" heart. I'd probably get Jafar sitting on the Sultan's throne (especially if he's in his Sorcerer outfit, which they haven't made yet), maybe Gaston sitting on his massive chair or Yzma on Kuzko's throne. I know I would 100% buy Triton on his throne, but not a villain. :P
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

The Queen and Hades look really cool, though I wish Hades was holding the martini glass. I dont know what the deal is with these release dates, they're always changing them, and Im the type that doesnt feel comfortable pre-ordering stuff when I know the dates can change like that. So then I have no idea when the pops finally release and by the time I find out they're out of stock and I have to deal with the scalpers. :x
Disney's Divinity

I don't know if these were posted about, but:

- An angel variant of Kronk (as in the angel from his shoulder) was revealed at Wondercon.
- Make-a-Wish blue/translucent-looking variants of several pops (Cheshire Cat, Mickey, Minnie, probably many more to come)

I'm passing on the new Kronk, just because I already have two Kronks now (the original and the boyscout one, lol); it's the same reason I passed on the boyscout version of Cat!Yzma, cute as it was. They'll eventually make a devil Kronk, too. :lol: Maybe if they were made as buddy pops to something else, they'd be the right size. They are cute though.

EDIT: I'm a liar, I bought Angel!Kronk. :roll: :lol: I just know the demon one is going to be so cute, and it would be stupid to have one without the other.

EDIT x2: Finally got the White Rabbit! Almost got Merlin (it appeared in Amazon Warehouse), but was gone before I could think of what to order with it (I try to hit $25 free shipping on Amazon). Just glad to finally be done checking one of those pages. :P
Disney's Divinity

Scrolled through DisTrackers on Twitter yesterday and saw two new things:

- Lilo & Stitch on Hammock, a HotTopic exclusive
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0094/ ... 0x1200.jpg
- Another VHS Pop, this time Kuzko as llama wearing the crown he has on the cover--I never thought of it before, but he never does wear his crown while he's a llama in the film itself?
- I know I posted about the last of the Ultimate Princess pops being revealed, but the picture no longer worked. I noticed some of the pictures are out there now:
https://cdn11.bigcommerce.com/s-ruomlrv ... 646243.JPG (Elsa)
https://cdn11.bigcommerce.com/s-ruomlrv ... 646337.JPG (Belle)

I have no idea if this new (probably not), but I saw some pop of Mickey in a conductor suit with pointer and the Sorcerer's hat perched on his head sort of titled. That one's really cute! In theory, I wanted the Three Musketeers versions of Goofy, Donald, and Mickey, but I thought the way they looked were poor quality, tbh, especially Donald... I have a couple of Mickey's already--the original Steamboat Willie they made years ago, the Sorcerer Mickey pop moment, the Kingdom Hearts Organization black hood pop, his Kingdom Hearts 2 red/yellow garb, and his Kingdom Hearts 3 plaid outfit. The only thing I feel like I'm missing is his basic red shorts outfit, to go with Minnie. Eventually they'll make another variant of that I'll buy. And I'd also like to have a version of him in his silver Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep outfit (the best one in the KH series, imo). I still wish they'd make Minnie Mouse as she looks in KH--her queen dress--since they made court sorcerer Donald and knight Goofy, for example.
Rose Dome
Special Edition

Post by Rose Dome »

That Lilo and Stitch are particularly adorable
Disney's Divinity

^ I agree. I probably would've bought it if I hadn't already bought the previous Lilo (the one where she's holding her backpack). I bought that planning to get a matching Stitch. I do like the film, but at the same time it's not in my top favorites either, so I don't want to buy multiple variants.

I finally got the Merlin pop yesterday, $7 used through the Amazon Warehouse. I hope the pop will look fine when it comes. :) Now to wait for the Throne pops to come.... I have Ursula pre-ordered, but not Hades or the Queen. And the VHS cover pops are coming fast, too--I know I'll buy the TLM one, but perhaps the Hercules and Sword in the Stone ones, too, depending. I don't know what those cover pops will be like--maybe Hercules holding the title (or a pillar, but still in the same pose, for example)?? With TSitS, I have no idea since they've already made the Arthur Pulling Excalibur pop... I'd love to have a Merlin in Bermuda shorts variant. :P An animal variant for one of the characters could be a possibility, I guess? Or maybe King Arthur where he's wearing his crown and robes at the end? Maybe simply Merlin with his traveling bag or with Archimedes perched on his hat.

I have a feeling that Aladdin pop from years ago that was never released (the one of Aladdin holding the lamp that got turned into him holding a loaf of bread) will get used for the Aladdin VHS cover pop.
Disney's Divinity

I guess because the Halloween villain pops that were revealed last year were delayed so long, they're really for this Halloween. And they added some new things to make up for it, I guess.Here's the page on the Funko forum with a bunch of images. The new ones are here:

I want to get all of the train, but I can't afford that, so just Ursula it is. The Hook one especially is ADORABLE--but I've never been that big a fan of Hook, he's far down the list of villains for me.

As for the Hades picture, there's more in shadows. One is Scar with the Hyenas, one is Facilier with his shadow, one is Yzma on the throne with Kuzko standing beside her, one is Maleficent with Diablo (not doing anything special it seems?), and the last one is Ursula in the same pose as the Ursula holding F&J pop except without F&J it seems. Maybe that's the only difference--other than perhaps they might give her the same face as the one she wears on the train pop (if you notice, the pose there seems taken from the same Ursula holding F&J pop, too).

I didn't get the Pain & Panic pops from back when, and I like that they're size appropriate to Hades, so maybe I'll get that one. Yzma is a lock, I wanted a throne pop of her (I just didn't expect Kronk to be a part of it...). I might consider Scar with the Hyenas simply because I didn't get the original Hyena pops...this might be another chance at those characters for me, although I imagine with four pops in one, it's gonna be high.... It looks sort of like the part where Scar is on the rock and the hyenas are marching in front of him--maybe this is considered a throne pop for Scar?? Facilier--maybe, depending how it turns out, since I like the idea of his shadow being used.

Coincidentally, I had pre-ordered the Queen Throne pop this morning! :P So now I just need Tremaine of those ones that were already shown last year. :)
blackcauldron85

I'm going back to school so I have no money, but I LOVE the Yzma/Kronk, Dr. Facilier, Hades/Pain/Panic, and Scar/Hyena ones!!!!!! So the train ones connect, and also the other set (in shadows) also connects?