Funko POP! Disney

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Funko POP! Disney

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Got everything today. :D The Giant Ursula pop isn’t quite as good as I hoped, but I do like it. I like that the trident is made of a different material than the rest and the tentacles look good, too. The Black Cauldron pops look so much like something out of a video game. :lol:

Well, hopefully they were testing the waters with these and a Hunchback line and more BC pops might end up getting made. I think they were surprised by how well the Hercules pops sold, and that's why they're putting their feelers out for these other ignored films. Hopefully The Sword in the Stone and Treasure Planet will get the same treatment someday.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

I just got my Lion King box in, and it's pretty cool. I got the chase edition red flames, and while it's cool to get a variant for a change, I actually liked the regular edition green flames better. I don't think that I'm gonna complain, though.
DC Fan
Anniversary Edition

Post by DC Fan »

Could somebody post pictures of The Black Cauldron Pops? Can´t believer there´s not even an unboxing on Youtube.

Mine arrived in Puerto Rico. Had to send them there because they would be too expensive to send to Spain. By the way, my comic book store here will sell them but for around 60.00. So I´m glad I got them.

I don´t think we´ll see any more Black Cauldron Pops...until Disney starts adapting the series to live action. Then yes. And as a way to get around to release these Pops again my guess will be that Taran would come without a sword and with Hen Wen as an extra and The Horned King will be made how he´s seen in most of the movie where you can´t see his face.

In fact, I´m amazed we got this Pops at all! I think Funko might have done because they were exclusives. So as an incentive and at the same time characters that most people won´t regret not getting.
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

DC Fan wrote:Could somebody post pictures of The Black Cauldron Pops? Can´t believer there´s not even an unboxing on Youtube.
Here ya go:

http://i.imgur.com/rr6bccv.jpg
blackcauldron85

Splash Mountain Pops 3 pack!!!
https://www.laughingplace.com/w/news/20 ... hopdisney/

*edit* Somehow I forgot or never knew that there have been Splash Mountain Pops before...
https://www.laughingplace.com/w/news/20 ... op-figure/
ProfessorRatigan
Special Edition

Post by ProfessorRatigan »

Does anybody else think the Giant Ursula would have been MUCH better if they had given her the crazy, wild swirly eyes? Missed opportunity. I felt that way about the Cruella & Ursula 2-Pack, but they at least corrected it for the Cruella Ride! I don't know if I mentioned it, but I went ahead and picked that up.
Disney's Divinity

^ I would’ve liked that! Although I think it only works as well as it does on Cruella because her eyes were yellow at the time and then has a little squiggle at the center. Whereas Ursula’s eyes are teeny tiny and the only way to make the red work is make the overall dot white… Which I’m not sure would work, considering how creepy Goofy is.

Thankfully I was able to get the "Kiss the Girl" Movie Moment! Should arrive in the next few days. :D

Not to veer off-topic, but we occasionally talk about other things Funko makes. I wondered the other day if Funko will do presidential pops again for 2020? I would've loved--would still love--to have a Hillary pop if it only looked more like her, but surely they couldn't screw up Kamala Harris? She has a distinctive hairstyle.
blackcauldron85

PHOTOS: Funko Reveals Full Collection of Pop! Vinyls for The Haunted Mansion’s 50th Anniversary
https://wdwnt.com/2019/08/photos-funko- ... niversary/
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

I love a lot of these. And I especially like that most of these items are going to retail, including Hot Topic. Maybe we'll get park-based items in upcoming Treasures boxes like back when Funko was making them.
DC Fan
Anniversary Edition

Post by DC Fan »

So I decides to get the new Ursula Pop.

I´m not a person that was into buying a newer version of a Pop but in this case I´m going to make the exception as she´s better all around. She´s bigger, has the correct earrings, has a better face and even includes Flotsam and Jetsam.

As such, I will be selling my original Ursula. Do you think the price will continue to be the same as it is or there´s a chance it can go up on value?

PS

Keeping track of the Villains yet to be made into Funko Pops:

-any if not all the Villains in Pinocchio (personally I much prefer they stuck with one for monetary reasons). I even wouldn´t be surprised if they made Monstro; This last one, as the great character it is and since I really like whales I´d be getting him for sure.

-Si and Am (they will happen for sure when Disney releases the live action version of Lady and the Tramp...personally I don´t consider them Villains but since Disney does I´d get them).

-Madam Mim (with the Robin Hood wave released I wouldn´t be surprised if they release an entire wave of The Sword in the Stone since these are similar movies and have few characters).

-Edgar (even if Funko decides to release an Aristocats wave you can bet they´d stay with just the cats. So I don´t see it happening and I´m glad since I don´t care for him at all).

-Madame Medusa (since the Rescuers were released already as a Ride this one could very well happen...Funko could decide to make an entire Rescuers wave that would include Bernardo, Bianca, Penny, Cody, Madame Medusa and McLeach).

-Amos Slade (a Fox and the Hound wave would just release cubs Tod and Toby....Maybe, and this is a huge maybe, they´d make adults Tod and Toby...and a Vixen if they wanted. But I don´t see them releasing him and this is another Villain I don´t care about).

-Professor Ratigan (could happen...a Great Mouse Detective would just be Basil, Dawson and Ratigan...even Olivia could be an "accesory" character with Watson...And since this is such a small wave, a fan favorite and The Black Cauldron happened this will as well eventually).

-Sykes, Diego and DeSoto (Oliver and Company has such a huge cast than unless Funko just makes few of them I don´t see it possible. At least the Villains won´t have a chance).

-McLeach (another one that could happen for the reasons already mentioned before).

-Governor Ratcliffe (could happen)

-Frollo (for sure will get him...the release of Quasimodo is almost a confirmation of a Hunchback of Notre Dame wave coming soon).

-Shan Yu (I´m sure we´ll get a Mulan wave release either soon or around the time the live action version gets to theaters)

-Clayton (a Tarzan wave... (?)

-Flame Bird (if we got Chernabog this one may happen...I would even say that an entire Fantasia wave will get made that will include a new version of Sorcerer Mickey, Chernabog- a new version, Donald, Flame Bird and Funko made even decide to include Yensid and Daisy).

-Kron (if The Good Dinosaur and Jurassic Park happened then Funko could do this movie...but don´t see it).

-Commander Rourke (an Atlantis wave is unlikely).

-Captain Gantu (don´t know why he´s considered a Villain but in any case with the live action version could happen...and in the movie he will be a true villain)

-Scroop (I don´t see a wave of Treasure Planet happening. And even if it did I doubt this character will get made).

-Alameda Slim (can see a Home on the Range wave happen given the small cast of 5 main characters...the cows, the horse and Alameda)

-Bowler Hat Guy (don´t see a wave for Meet the Robinsons...not a very popular movie and has a the biggest cast; Unless Funko makes the main 4 characters that will include him, Lewis, Wilbur and Carl).

-Mother Goethel (I´m sure we´ll get her eventually).

-Hans (please no...but it could happen with the release of the sequel).

-the nameless one from Big Hero 6 (even if Funko decides to release a wave from the movie don´t see this one get made).

-Bellwether (I don´t see Funko releasing more Pops from Zootopia...and I´m glad since I don´t like the character)
ProfessorRatigan
Special Edition

Looks like some Hunchback POPS have been spotted in a system. While I'm super overjoyed to see these (Quasimodo, Quasimodo King of Fools and Esmeralda) I have to say, the lack of Phoebus, Clopin, the Gargoyles and, you all know, FROLLO, has me a little worried. I could see Frollo being a Hot Topic exclusive and the Gargoyles as a convention exclusive of some kind. But where will that leave Phoebus and Clopin?

ALSO, a Mulan wave was spotted, too. Mulan as Ping, Li-Shang, Mulan on Khan Ride, and Mushu on Panda. I would not be surprised if Shan-Yu winds up being an exclusive to Hot Topic, either.
Disney's Divinity

I'm happy Hunchback will get pops! A King of Fools variant is probably the version of Quasi I'll buy.

And I definitely have been wanting a Mulan on Khan Ride! I hope it's her dressed as a soldier. If I could get her as a soldier on the ride, I'd probably pass on a regular pop of her dressed as a soldier (similar to how I got the Herc + Pegasus Ride and passed on the Herc solo pop). Besides, there's already a pop of her in her outfit from the finale. Shang and Shan-Yu would be great. Mushu on Panda sounds hilarious, but I'll probably pass on that.
ProfessorRatigan
Special Edition

I guess it shouldn't surprise me that Phoebus would be left out. Funko has historically always had a bad habit of failing to include the romantic leads in their lineups (seriously, Snow White's Prince, Prince Charming, Phillip, John Smith, Naveen, Flynn Rider...) For the LONGEST time we didn't have Eric or Aladdin. Still. It will make me sad to not be able to put Esmeralda & Phoebus together; after Herc & Meg they're my favorite Disney couple :(

Clopin I figured was a long-shot, but given his cult popularity (seriously, he has a LOT of fan-girls on Deviant Art, Tumblr & Instagram), that we'd see him. He's still my second-favorite character behind Frollo, so I hoped we would. And after Hercules got such a robust wave, it's disappointing to see such a puny Hunchback line-up in comparison.
lord-of-sith
Collector's Edition

Post by lord-of-sith »

I would be surprised if Funko doesn't release pops for Maleficent: Mistress of Evil. I'm predicting Maleficent, Aurora, and Queen Ingrith, with an additional Maleficent (or two) as either chases or store exclusives. I personally hope we get Maleficent in the outfit she's wearing at the beginning of the trailer (the green brownish one). Pops weren't as ubiquitous when the first movie came out as they are now, so there were only two released (and a glow HT exclusive). It would be shocking not to release any this time around.

Also, I'm positive there's a Frollo coming with any Hunchback wave. Most likely a store (HT) exclusive.
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

Wait, hold up, Iron Maiden Pops???

I'd be surprised if Frollo isn't announced at some point. He's one of the main things people talk about when the movie comes up.
ProfessorRatigan
Special Edition

Pinocchio with his nose growing and a mini Jiminy Cricket on his nose has been seen on Instagram. Looks to be an exclusive of some sort.
Disney's Divinity

ProfessorRatigan wrote:I guess it shouldn't surprise me that Phoebus would be left out. Funko has historically always had a bad habit of failing to include the romantic leads in their lineups (seriously, Snow White's Prince, Prince Charming, Phillip, John Smith, Naveen, Flynn Rider...) For the LONGEST time we didn't have Eric or Aladdin. Still. It will make me sad to not be able to put Esmeralda & Phoebus together; after Herc & Meg they're my favorite Disney couple :(

Clopin I figured was a long-shot, but given his cult popularity (seriously, he has a LOT of fan-girls on Deviant Art, Tumblr & Instagram), that we'd see him. He's still my second-favorite character behind Frollo, so I hoped we would. And after Hercules got such a robust wave, it's disappointing to see such a puny Hunchback line-up in comparison.
Phoebus and Clopin will happen eventually. I'm confident characters like Naveen, Hans, The Prince (Snow White), etc. will show up down the line, too. Even The Black Cauldron got made, and that was a shocker. It's all just a waiting game.
ProfessorRatigan
Special Edition

Disney's Divinity wrote:
ProfessorRatigan wrote:I guess it shouldn't surprise me that Phoebus would be left out. Funko has historically always had a bad habit of failing to include the romantic leads in their lineups (seriously, Snow White's Prince, Prince Charming, Phillip, John Smith, Naveen, Flynn Rider...) For the LONGEST time we didn't have Eric or Aladdin. Still. It will make me sad to not be able to put Esmeralda & Phoebus together; after Herc & Meg they're my favorite Disney couple :(

Phoebus and Clopin will happen eventually. I'm confident characters like Naveen, Hans, The Prince (Snow White), etc. will show up down the line, too. Even The Black Cauldron got made, and that was a shocker. It's all just a waiting game.
I'm just tired of waiting :lol:
blackcauldron85

Funko Pop! Movie Moments Disney The Nightmare Before Christmas Jack Skellington in Fountain Glow-in-the-Dark Vinyl Figure - BoxLunch Exclusive
https://www.boxlunch.com/product/funko- ... 37376.html
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

blackcauldron85 wrote:Funko Pop! Movie Moments Disney The Nightmare Before Christmas Jack Skellington in Fountain Glow-in-the-Dark Vinyl Figure - BoxLunch Exclusive
https://www.boxlunch.com/product/funko- ... 37376.html
Yep! Bought it the day it came out, and I love it. One of my most requested Movie Moments, along with "Circle of Life" and "Baby Mine"