Funko POP! Disney

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Re: Funko POP! Disney

Post by unprincess »

I dont mean Winter Belle, there's another Belle on that list(under Cogsworth.)
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I suppose the BoxLunch green smoke Scar exclusive sold very well which is why they may be making another variant of him. I was very tempted by that BoxLunch pop, but I have so many and I already have one Scar that looks great. I wouldn't buy the Queen of Hearts again either if she wasn't coming with the King of Hearts.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

unprincess wrote:I dont mean Winter Belle, there's another Belle on that list(under Cogsworth.)
You're right... Personally I'm hoping for Belle in her blue dress since there's only that old pop.
bruno_wbt
Anniversary Edition

Post by bruno_wbt »

Disney's Divinity wrote: I’ll still hope it could turn out to be the red dress… I know Funko have (wisely) avoided touching the DTV sequels*, but I see that dress as not really specific to the sequel itself. She never wears it in the movie except in a still shot at the end. It was more for the cover and to promote the film with pretty dolls.

That's true!

Belle always wears her Holiday dress around Christmas time in the Parks, and in princess merch, too.

Disney's Divinity wrote: My grandmother has an Enchanted Christmas Barbie from back then. UO, but it’s always been my favorite outfit of Belle’s…
I bought that doll from 1997 last year on ebay! She's beautiful!
Disney's Divinity

Those pictures are all so pretty, especially the one of the castmember!
DC Fan
Anniversary Edition

Post by DC Fan »

So Funko hasn't made Lady Tremaine or Mother Goethel yet this Chinese company has in their first collaboration...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lB70WeVMIuA
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

oh yeah those are from a company of vinyl figures called "Popmart", they're really cute but really pricey for small blind box figures. Id love to have Ursula, Maleficent, Dragon Maleficent, Hades and Gothel!

I have that Mattel Belle doll too and I just love that Princess magazine Belle cover art! :shock:
Widdi
Anniversary Edition

Post by Widdi »

Disney's Divinity

Moana turned out to be one of the best ones along with Aurora. This is the first pop they've had of Cinderella in her work clothes, too. Still, like with Briar Rose, I'll wait for a regular pop of that outfit.
ProfessorRatigan
Special Edition

Post by ProfessorRatigan »

Honestly, I think the Funko Shop exclusive Pocahontas with the colors of the wind is the stand out. Too bad it's Funko Shop, and therefore an eBay scalper exclusive!

A long shot, but: do any forum members here have any of the following that they're willing to part with for a fair price? I'm trying to complete my collection:
The Pain & Panic 2-Pack
The original Yzma
The Boxlunch Kitty Yzma
The Yzma and Kronk Scientist Set
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

I hate that they made Pocahontas the Funko Shop exclusive. When will it be available? I need a Pocahontas pop for my collection so Ill have to try to get her there.

I saw online that there's gonna be a variant of Tiana in that other green dress she wears(the one at the end epilogue of the film) and a re-release of the first version Snow White with shinier paint.
Disney's Divinity

unprincess wrote: I saw online that there's gonna be a variant of Tiana in that other green dress she wears(the one at the end epilogue of the film)
Oh, yay! I liked that outfit, although I'm surprised it's happening before the gorgeous white dress. It'd be nice if they had a mini-line of TP&TF pops... Mostly I'd like to have Charlotte, Tiana (White Dress), Naveen (Green Bayou Wedding), Naveen (the dinnerware outfit that he wears alongside the green dress of Tiana's you're talking about), and 'buddy' pops of Frog Tiana and Ray. I wouldn't mind the costume ball outfits either (Tiana as a Shakespeare-type peasant and especially Naveen in the prince outfit).
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

https://comicbook.com/movies/news/disne ... pre-order/

I found pics of the store exclusive pops. Looks like the Funko shop Pocahontas is a variant, there is going to be a regular Poca pop, so that's good news! The Tiana I previously mentioned is an exclusive to Boxlunch.

so how much are these suppose to retail for? I was looking for Aurora on Amazon and they are like $22-25! they seem to still be on pre-order(I think?) I hope these don't sell out fast and the price comes down!
Disney's Divinity

I'm pretty sure they're around $10 each (exclusives probably $15). The first four that were up's pre-orders probably sold out for the moment. Pocahontas, Snow White, and Rapunzel must've been put up on Amazon recently, they're all there for between 8.99 to 10.99. This new line is a good thing for people who've missed all the other versions of the princesses, not so much for me since I have the originals.

I really want to like the Tiana pop... I love that they have the menu behind her and she's holding a pot of jumbo. I know it's not her prettiest outfit or anything, but it looks better than that pop turned out looking. She had heels for one thing, not flats. Her hair was up more. Idk, I might go ahead and get it even if I'm a little disappointed in how it turned out--maybe it'll look better in person?

The Snow White exclusive is rather cute!
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

I like it, I love that dress b/c its one of the ones in the film that's actually accurate to the time period. But I already have the original blue dress Tiana pop and I'm happy with it, I don't think I'm even going to replace it with the Ultimate version. I too have most of the Princesses Pops already so Ill probably just get the ones I'm missing.

I think the Snow White exclusive is a metallic version of the first Snow White pop. I have it but its in storage and I cant remember if its the same pose.
Disney's Divinity

Yeah, I'm a lock for the Tiana exclusive pop. As if there was ever any doubt--I'm practically a popaholic. :lol: Her and the standard Ariel are the ones I'll get ASAP to make sure I don't miss them. If I ever see the others at cheap (like $6 or lower), I might get Moana, Jasmine, Aurora, and the standard Tiana, too--but only at a cheap price for those since I already have the characters with those outfits.
ProfessorRatigan wrote:
I hope it's Sorcerer Jafar, if they don't plan on doing a standard Pop of him in that look, at least I could still have him represented. One thing I noticed about the Hades on Throne design is that his HAND is shaped like he's supposed to be holding the martini he whipped up after he conjured the throne on Mt. Olympus... Did Disney make them edit it out? Is that the hold up with that one? I know it was announced forever ago. If so that is so, so stupid. Honestly, him NOT having the martini is what makes that one a fail for me. I'd honestly rather have Vanessa in front of the mirror with Ursula's reflection, but if we get Ursula's cauldron, that would be nice, too. Especially if they put some of the poor, unfortunate souls around it. I'm kinda meh on the Queen of Hearts on her bench. I'd much rather see Prince John on his throne (in the blue jacket), Gaston in the antler chair, Frollo on his Feast of Fools chair, or Yzma on Kuzco's throne.

Can we start a freaking campaign to get Lady Tremaine and Frollo?! Because JESUS. I mean, these are top-ten Disney Villains on almost EVERYBODY'S list.
I see what you mean about Hades. Hades without the wineglass (and worm) would be as dumb as Maleficent without her staff. I'm only commenting now, because I was thinking of actually getting Maleficent on her throne even without the staff. If you have her already, I'm curious, is the pop removable from the throne itself? At least I'm seeing pictures of the throne without Maleficent sitting inside it.

I wonder if the Queen of Hearts on her bench would include the King of Hearts? That would probably be a better way to get the King of Hearts than buying this new QoH pop that's just now coming out. The Evil Queen isn't even one of my favorites, but her throne would be so cool. You know, I actually do hope the Ursula one is of her lounging in the conch shell. If the pops are removable, it would be great to have her conch shell that you could set apart from her! But her vanity and spiky chair would be cute, too, of course. If I'm hopping aboard the throne pop train, I really hope they might actually branch out and make, say, Triton on his throne, Stefan and his Queen on their thrones, The Sultan on his throne... Those would be great ways to release those characters that have never got releases before; some might not care enough about the Sultan by himself, for example, but he'd look really cool with the throne.

I'm sorry you don't have any of the Yzma pops. There's at least three other versions of her they could make. Yzma on Kuzko's throne in her first appearance, Yzma in her pink Empress outfit (my favorite of hers), or her in her traveling gear with the puffy hat.
ProfessorRatigan
Special Edition

Post by ProfessorRatigan »

Disney's Divinity wrote:I see what you mean about Hades. Hades without the wineglass (and worm) would be as dumb as Maleficent without her staff. I'm only commenting now, because I was thinking of actually getting Maleficent on her throne even without the staff. If you have her already, I'm curious, is the pop removable from the throne itself? At least I'm seeing pictures of the throne without Maleficent sitting inside it.

I wonder if the Queen of Hearts on her bench would include the King of Hearts? That would probably be a better way to get the King of Hearts than buying this new QoH pop that's just now coming out. The Evil Queen isn't even one of my favorites, but her throne would be so cool. You know, I actually do hope the Ursula one is of her lounging in the conch shell. If the pops are removable, it would be great to have her conch shell that you could set apart from her! But her vanity and spiky chair would be cute, too, of course. If I'm hopping aboard the throne pop train, I really hope they might actually branch out and make, say, Triton on his throne, Stefan and his Queen on their thrones, The Sultan on his throne... Those would be great ways to release those characters that have never got releases before; some might not care enough about the Sultan by himself, for example, but he'd look really cool with the throne.

I'm sorry you don't have any of the Yzma pops. There's at least three other versions of her they could make. Yzma on Kuzko's throne in her first appearance, Yzma in her pink Empress outfit (my favorite of hers), or her in her traveling gear with the puffy hat.
The Maleficent on Throne is one I haven't gotten around to getting, chiefly because of the missing staff! Funny you bring that up, haha. That honestly bugged me so much, I've held off on picking her up. As far as it being removable, I honestly don't know. It's so weird they left out the staff... All they had to do was prop it up against the right arm of the throne, not even sculpt it in her hand, and that would have been an all-time great Pop.

As far as the Sultan, the Funko card games showed off what his design would look like. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ef1IhAfU0AI ... name=small

I did win the Scientist Yzma and Kronk on eBay. Now I just need the regular Yzma and the Cat version. I could definitely see Funko doing her on the throne, especially since Jim Shore just did a statue of that moment. And I could see a Kronk in his squirrel scout look, too.

(Here's what the regular Madam Mim will probably look like)
Attachments
mim.jpg
mim.jpg (9.83 KiB) Viewed 3703 times
Disney's Divinity

The Sultan looks adorable! And Daisy! I hope they make a standard pop of her soon. I'm not a huge fan of the character, but I'd like her to go with the other core characters.

I've been trying to keep an out for the link for that BoxLunch exclusive of Tiana, but so far no luck.
Widdi
Anniversary Edition

Post by Widdi »

New villains(in the same style as the Ultimate Princesses) set coming this fall. It's likely the new Jafar and Scar that have been found in some retailers computer systems also belong to this set.

Definitely planning on selling my old ones and replacing them with these. Especially if Scar, Jafar, Gaston and some other new villains show up in this set too. All of them (except Hades) are improvements in my opinion. Also, alas, Lady Tremaine! The 10" Maleficent is definitely a contended for Pop of the Year.
Disney's Divinity

Ursula and her cauldron!!! That one's great! That one must be the Ursula "throne" pop since it's beside the Queen on her throne. Tbh, the throne pops and the Cruella in her nightgown and curlers pop are the only ones I want. I'm conflicted on Tremaine. While I want to get her, I want a version of her without the stand, one that can sit beside my other pops without looking weird. I'm sure Lady Tremaine will get another version later now they have a model of her made they can work from. (Plus, I want a Lucifer pop separate from her, too.) I might get this version of her if I find her at a low price later on, sort of like I plan to do with the basic Tiana, Aurora, Jasmine. EDIT: Oh, no, I just saw that the Cruella nightgown is going to be a Funko Shop exclusive. :X I doubt I'll be able to get it then... I expect Jafar will be the sorcerer version of him and that Gaston will be holding his gun.

I like how this series is even getting skin color right where there were mess-ups in the past. Snow White and Cruella both have skin much paler than past pops. I can't help but see this as an overall change in direction at the company to be more film-accurate what with these pops and the Disney Princess line's changes. <333