Iron Man 3

All topics on all things Marvel.
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Re: Iron Man 3

Post by SWillie! »

Totally disagree - I love what they did with the Mandarin, and more importantly, what I think could be coming down the road from him...

I absolutely loved the movie. Probably my favorite of the Iron Man films as a whole.
Maerj
Collector's Edition

Post by Maerj »

SWillie! wrote:Totally disagree - I love what they did with the Mandarin, and more importantly, what I think could be coming down the road from him...

I absolutely loved the movie. Probably my favorite of the Iron Man films as a whole.
***Spoilerish****

Not sure if it was my favorite but it was really good. I think you may be right with the Mandarin, which is why I mentioned the Anititcool review. I think that we were bamboozled there a bit. Remember that everyone still referred to him as the Master even when no one else was around. Although it would have been cool to have some sort of confirmation at the end. Maybe in one of these other Marvel movies?
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

So... Is the movie dead serious (ie: The Dark Knight trilogy) or does it have a balance of comedy and drama (like most Marvel film adaptations)? Because when I saw the trailers, I'm sort of expecting the former.

Also, if Disney is distributing this movie, then why isn't THEIR logo at the start of the movie instead of Paramount's stupid mountain?!
Prince Edward
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Edward »

Iron Man 3 has a more serious tone compared to Iron Man and Iron Man 2, but mostly it was a funny action movie in my opinion. You should go see it, it was really good.
Favorite Disney-movies: Snow White, Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, Sleeping Beauty, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Pocahontas, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hercules, Mulan, Tarzan, Tangled, Frozen, Pirates, Enchanted, Prince of Persia, Tron, Oz The Great and Powerful
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

SWillie! wrote:Totally disagree - I love what they did with the Mandarin, and more importantly, what I think could be coming down the road from him...
No what they did with Madarin was a total fuck up and a middle finger to us comic fans. Mandarin IS Iron Man's arch Enemy. The "joker", "Lex Luthor", "Green Goblin" to Iron Man. He's that big of an enemy to Iron Man, and to do that shit ass twist just for "omfg what a twist!" factor was just pure generic Hollywood crap. Doing that stupid ass twist was point less and need less. The movie was like it couldn't decided which story to adapt:
Extremis story, Iron Patriot story, 5 Nightmares, etc. So instead they decided to mesh all of them together to get this shit.

Either go with extremis story line with Aldrich Killian as the enemy and only that (not Aldrich Killian AND Mandarin as one), and stick with it, or go with Mandarin and his story/background-

[ a straight-up villain who happens to be able to give Tony a serious headache without being a knockoff of either his billionaire industrialist side or his armored alter-ego. Also both men are Futurists, albeit Mandarin in the sense that he thinks science is the best way of getting what he wants (and he is a brilliant scientist, with some advanced alien tech at his disposal). And he's more of a self-made man than Tony, growing up in poverty and studying science and martial arts intensely before graduating to crime lord and supervillain through murderous hard work and fearless risk taking, all of which make him an excellent foil. He's more like a Chinese Doctor Doom than anything else, including the code of honor. He can smash Iron Man to pieces with his bare hands, as well as match him financially and mentally (or at least, give him a good run in both fields)]

Pick one.

Also, the "twist" totally "what the FUCKS" up with the premise of IM1, where tony is held captive by the ten rings led by mandarin.

the entire MCU is built on IM1, and they just pulled the rug out from the premise of that film.

I also like how the extremis experiments were able to rip into Iron Man suits yet in the Avengers, fucking Thor's hammer couldn't even break it.
Last edited by Super Aurora on Sat May 04, 2013 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<i>Please limit signatures to 100 pixels high and 500 pixels wide</i>
http://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/o68 ... ecf3d2.gif
pinkrenata
Anniversary Edition

Post by pinkrenata »

Ooh, I posted Luke's review in the May movies thread, but didn't here. (Just in case peeps have been forgetting to check out the main page/the site's Facebook page...)

http://www.dvdizzy.com/ironman3-film.html
WIST #1 (The pinkrenata Edition) -- Kram Nebuer: *mouth full of Oreos* Why do you have a picture of Bobby Driscoll?

"I'm a nudist!" - Tommy Kirk
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Iron Man 3 is the second all time grossing movie in a weekend domestically. The top one is The Avengers. Iron Man 3 made 175 million dollars domestically and made 680 million worldwide.

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/iron-man-3 ... 30414.html
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

Okay, now this one I'm hoping will outgrow Avatar. Just to knock James Cameron off his high horse. :P
DisneyEra
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyEra »

DisneyJedi wrote:Okay, now this one I'm hoping will outgrow Avatar. Just to knock James Cameron off his high horse. :P
Gotta win an Oscar too. The Iron Man Franchise (including the Avengers) has been nominated for 4 Oscars "Visuals Effects & Sound Editing" since 2008, all losses :(

Avatar won 3 Oscars in 2009 "Art Direction, Cinematography & Visual Effects".
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

I wouldn't be totally shocked if there indeed was sometime a 4th Iron Man given this ones success. I think Disney/Marvel will pay anything Downey desires to return to future installments.

Maerj
Collector's Edition

Post by Maerj »

It *did* say at the end that 'Tony Star will return.'

SPOILERISH!

I'd love it if they did another one but reveal that Kingsley was the Mandarin and actually the main villain, and then give us an ultimate showdown. Marvel you owe us this! Gimmie gimmie gimmie!
Ioz
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Ioz »

Although I liked the film overall, I wasn't thrilled with what they did with the Mandarin character.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Marvel Says ‘Iron Man 4′ Will Happen With or Without Robert Downey, Jr.
http://screencrush.com/iron-man-4-with- ... downey-jr/
Will Robert Downey, Jr. star in ‘Iron Man 4?’” has been a very hot question over the past few weeks. Robert Downey, Jr. and his co-stars have been asked ad nauseum about the potential for another sequel and they’ve all had varying reactions. But here’s a more realistic question: What if it doesn’t matter if Robert Downey, Jr. will return for ‘Iron Man 4? Marvel, it seems, is already planning for life without their biggest star.

As we’re sure you’ve heard all about by now, the ‘Avengers 2‘ cast is embroiled in a heated contract dispute with Marvel about their upcoming salaries, the most expensive of which is Robert Downey, Jr. who earned $50 million for ‘The Avengers’ and reportedly $75 million for ‘Iron Man 3.’ Marvel will surely try to get Downey to return for ‘Avengers 2′ and ‘Avengers 3‘ but that could cost them upwards of $100 million.

As for ‘Iron Man 4,’ Downey isn’t sure he is ready to return (even if Marvel agreed to pay him) but Marvel head Kevin Feige says it doesn’t much matter. There’s gonna be an ‘Iron Man 4′ whether Robert Downey, Jr. comes back or not. Feige told Entertainment Weekly:

There will be a fourth ‘Iron Man’ and a fifth, sixth and a 10th and a 20th. I see no reason why Tony Stark can’t be as evergreen as James Bond, Batman, or for that matter, Spider-Man.

And while it’s hard to imagine anyone other than Robert Downey, Jr. as Tony Stark, Feige brings up a good point. The James Bond, Batman and Spider-Man franchises are some of the biggest in the world and all have had multiple actors playing their lead roles. Once ‘Avengers 3′ is over, we can certainly see where Phase 4 of the Marvel Cinematic Universe could be heading and that’s a wholesale reboot of the entire universe, starting with a brand new ‘Iron Man.’

Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

*spoilers warning* Saw the movie on Sunday. I liked it. I was a little disappointed at first with the outcome of the Mandarin, because they presented him in the trailers like a total badass, but in the end they basically took his character and pretty much made fun of bin Laden. It was not a bad twist at all. Ben Kingsley sipping his beer and watching the girls play ping pong - priceless. :lol: And now that Mark Ruffalo played Banner twice, he needs his own movie. 8)
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Iron Man 3 Isn’t The End of Extremis, Says Marvel Chief
http://comicbook.com/blog/2013/05/10/ir ... vel-chief/
During a Twitter Q&A sponsored by Verizon FiOS, Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige surprised fans with the revelation that the end of Iron Man 3 doesn’t mean the end of Extremis in the Marvel movie universe.

In fact, Marvel has plans to bring it back…but don’t expect Feige to tell you where or how.

PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

I LOVED what they did with the Mandarin. That was hilarious.

And the movie had a heart. SO much better than Iron Man 2.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Iron Man 3 is expected to come to Blu Ray on August 27th.

disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Someone from Facebook post this alternative that should have been approached to a part of Iron Man 3 and an explanation why Marvel went in the direction they did

This is the reasoning why Marvel went the way they did

They didn't want to put a character on film that an entire market and culture would find offensive do to a bad stereotype. Even in Iron Man 3 they refer to him as the Man Darin instead of the Mandarin in the Chinese release of the film.

This is the suggest alternative

The Manderian should have been the leader of The Ten Rings from the first movie. They already established his love of technology was his failing. Have him survive his encounter with Stane then after Avengers/New York have him aquire alien tech where he discovers the alien rings and uses them to get revenge on Stark. Nothing magical, nothing racist stereotype, but just building on a story already there.

Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

Marvel Finally Beats a Lawsuit Over the 'Iron Man 3' Poster
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-e ... er-1224519
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

‘Iron Man 3’: Rebecca Hall Reveals New Details on the Original Version of Her Character
https://collider.com/iron-man-3-rebecca ... l-version/
ImageImageImageImageImageImage