Disney Princesses Got a Makeover

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Disney Princesses Got a Makeover

Post by blackcauldron85 »

For what it's worth, the number of items on ShopDisney.com for each princess/queen, from most to least:

114- Ariel
99- Belle
95- Cinderella
89- Elsa
71- Jasmine
63- Anna
56- Snow White
49- Rapunzel, Raya
45- Tiana
43- Aurora
35- Mulan
25- Pocahontas
21- Moana
12- Merida

I know Raya's not a princess but I included her.
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I didn't think so. But she has much fewer than I thought. I thought she was in the top 4-5 biggest sellers a few years back. Jasmine's much higher up than she was, too, which is probably due to the remake. That's the main reason they're making remakes after all, to maximize their properties this way and increase all-around.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
blackcauldron85

Disney ‘Princess Concert’ Tour Cancels Fall Dates Due To Covid Concerns, Plans To Reschedule Next Year
https://deadline.com/2021/10/disney-pri ... 234850045/
thedisneyspirit
Anniversary Edition

Post by thedisneyspirit »

Elsa got the best royal makeover that could ever exist. Anna WHO?
ImageImage
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Wheel of Fortune is having a Disney Princess week as part of the whole Ultimate Princess thing. They advertised some book near the end of the show, I think it was called Stories of Courage and Kindness. The pictures they showed for Rapunzel (as a brunette, too!), Tiana, Anna & Elsa, Mulan, and Pocahontas were all gorgeous, although they all seemed to be in a different art style. I'm assuming there were different artists involved for each character's story. Has anyone bought it or seen it to know if it's worth buying or not?

I hope Raya is absorbed into the line eventually. I'm surprised that hasn't happened yet. :?
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Disney's Divinity wrote:I hope Raya is absorbed into the line eventually. I'm surprised that hasn't happened yet.
Post-Frozen, each 'princess' film is given more time to become a franchise of its own. If that doesn't happen, then the lead gets admitted into the line-up. That's why Moana took so long to become part of the brand. I'm sure both Raya and Mirabel will get inducted eventually.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Great news! Mattel got back the Disney Princess and Frozen license. Did Disney finally realize how ugly those Hasbro dolls were?

Mattel Wins Disney Princess Toy Deal, Joining Elsa of ‘Frozen’ With Barbie
https://www.wsj.com/articles/mattel-win ... 1643198404

Disney Princess & ‘Frozen’ Toy Deal Returns To Mattel
https://deadline.com/2022/01/frozen-dis ... 234920108/

Mattel CEO Ynon Kreiz On Winning Back Princess-‘Frozen’ Toy Deal With Disney: “Big Brands Give You The Ability To Stand Out
https://deadline.com/2022/01/mattel-dis ... 234920115/

Mattel Stock Soars After Regaining License to Make ‘Frozen,’ Disney Princess Toys
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/busin ... 235081521/

Mattel CEO Ynon Kreiz Shares the ‘Hardest Thing’ in Adapting Toys for TV and Film
https://www.thewrap.com/mattel-ceo-ynon ... aptations/
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

Awesome news! :pink:
Sotiris wrote:Did Disney finally realize how ugly those Hasbro dolls were?
Hopefully! :P ;)
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

well to be honest as a doll collector the late 2000's/2010's era Mattel Disney dolls weren't all that great either. I actually preferred the Hasbro Frozen dolls to the Mattel ones. There was also that awful leaking glue problem that was plaguing all of Mattel's doll lines around the time they lost the license, though fortunately Mattel has since stopped using that dreaded glue.

I really wish al these toy companies would drop the painted on/molded leggings/pants and painted on details on fabric crap they keep doing, but I doubt that will happen since Mattel is still doing this with their Barbie line.

I wonder if Raya and Encanto are included? I suppose Encanto is currently tied up with Jakks although they could later drop the fashion dolls and keep making the toddler dolls and role play toys like they have always had.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Good news! Mattel dolls were better!
blackcauldron85

Sotiris wrote:

Mattel CEO Ynon Kreiz Shares the ‘Hardest Thing’ in Adapting Toys for TV and Film
https://www.thewrap.com/mattel-ceo-ynon ... aptations/
Here's a non-sign-up/paywall version:

https://www.yahoo.com/now/mattel-ceo-yn ... 37311.html
Thumper_93
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Thumper_93 »

I am very happy about Mattel making again Disney dolls. In my opinion they are going to release a good signature one for a few years and after that They are going to make a cheap line with molded clothes. I also think that They're going to release some collectors dolls each year (a holiday one and a good signature one) and maybe some exclusive Mattel Creations doll each year.
About Encanto I don't think that Mattel owns the rights to make dolls. Jakks is the company that is making dolls so I don't see any reason to remove the rights from them because They're making great dolls.
About live action I read somewhere that They were going to release new dolls. I doubt it because let's be honest, only collectors would buy them. Kids use to ask for the classics one.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

I went to Disney Princess: The Concert with a friend. Sang too many songs for me to remember but why not list what I remember in absolutely no order: "When Will My Life Begin?", "Someday My Prince Will Come/So This is Love/Once Upon a Dream/A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes" medley, "Almost There", "Mother Knows Best" (sang all by a fun Annaliese), "In Summer", "That's How You Know", "For the First Time in Forever", "Love is an Open Door", Part of Your World" "These Palace Walls/Speechless" medley, "A Whole New World", "Colors of the Wind", "Shadowland", "How Far I'll Go", and strangely "Journey to the Past". They ended with "Let It Go". So it was four women, one who was Belle on Broadway (Anneliese van der Pol), one who was Nala on Broadway, one who was Jasmine on Broadway, and the originator of Anya in Anastasia on Broadway. When the Nala one sang "For the First Time in Forever" she pretended to fart instead of say "gassy" on the "not sure if I'm elated or gassy" line and it got some laughs. Fake snow floated during "Let It Go". The piano player was a guy who called himself a Fairy God Fairy and said he played music with his Disney Princess dolls ever since he was a little boy. I guess there was no reason to outright say he was gay. Some guy who played the lead in Moulin Rouge at some point occasionally sang duets with the women. The show was excellent. It was a great time.
blackcauldron85

That sounds amazing (and Annaliese <3!!!)!!! I'm so glad you enjoyed it!!!
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Thank you, Amy! Yeah, it was so fun, and I love Annaliese, too!
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

It sounds like you had an awesome time, Duster. Super happy for you.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Thank you, Vlad! I really did!
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

I guess this might be the best thread to mention that I’ve been enjoying some of the new artwork appearing on Princess merchandise.

I’ve taken a couple of pocket folders I bought at Dollar Tree and have repurposed them into discbound notebook covers.

These are the only two designs I’ve been able to find; the pockets inside do include a couple more, as you can see below.

So yeah … I really enjoy how they’re finally allowing the characters to act as friends behind the scenes rather than separate headshots that get photoshopped together, if that makes sense. :lol:
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

That does make sense. Previously, Roy Disney only allowed the Disney Princess line to exist if the characters never acknowledged each other, since they came from different worlds. Now, it's been thrown out the window, and I think it was silly to begin with. Either keep each movie line separate, or let them see interact with each other.
blackcauldron85

Elladorine wrote:I really enjoy how they’re finally allowing the characters to act as friends behind the scenes rather than separate headshots that get photoshopped together, if that makes sense.
Yes, I agree with this! Super cute notebooks- you're so crafty!!!
blackcauldron85 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:05 am For what it's worth, the number of items on ShopDisney.com for each princess/queen, from most to least:

114- Ariel
99- Belle
95- Cinderella
89- Elsa
71- Jasmine
63- Anna
56- Snow White
49- Rapunzel, Raya
45- Tiana
43- Aurora
35- Mulan
25- Pocahontas
21- Moana
12- Merida

I know Raya's not a princess but I included her.
A year and 2 months later, ShopDisney.com has, from most to least:

105- Jasmine
96- Cinderella, Ariel
94- Belle
86- Tiana
72- Elsa
66- Snow White
51- Rapunzel
46- Anna
41- Aurora
37- Moana
28- Pocahontas