Incredibles 2

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
D82
Signature Collection

Re: The Incredibles 2

Post by D82 »

JeanGreyForever wrote:This is an interesting theory on who the villain might be and I personally would prefer this over the predicted choices. I'll put the link in spoiler tags.
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.php?p ... tcount=326
That would be quite unexpected. I like it too. Nobody would expect someone who seemed nice in the first film to be the villain in the sequel. Whether it turns out to be true or not, I agree with the person who wrote that post that the Deavor siblings are probably red herrings, and someone else could be the real mastermind. I was suspicious of the character known as the Ambassador because few details have been revealed about her, but I had never thought of the character mentioned in that post.
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

It's going to be the freaked out raccoon that Jack Jack keeps side-eyeing in the posters.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Avaitor wrote:It's going to be the freaked out raccoon that Jack Jack keeps side-eyeing in the posters.
:lol:
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

The soundtrack track list has been revealed. Needless to say, there might be spoilers: http://filmmusicreporter.com/2018/05/28 ... k-details/
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

First clip:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEK-8WJ4D6g[/youtube]
Rumpelstiltskin
Anniversary Edition

Post by Rumpelstiltskin »

Does anyone knows when the actual production on the movie started?

https://screenrant.com/incredibles-2-se ... roduction/
The filmmakers behind Incredibles 2 believe the time constraints on the sequel ended up making it a better movie. When Pixar's highly-anticipated superhero sequel was first announced, it was scheduled for a 2019 release, but it eventually traded places with Toy Story 4. This meant the creative team lost an entire year to work on the project, making things rather difficult.
Would just be interesting to know at what point the pre-production ended and the animators and directors and the rest of the crew finally started.
estefan
Platinum Edition

Post by estefan »

Brad Bird is the sole credited screenwriter on Incredibles 2 (much like he was on the first Incredibles). And while he likely worked with a head of story and a team of story artists as is the norm, I wonder if that sped up the writing process. Remember that Brad Bird also had a limited time to put Ratatouille into shape when he hopped on board that project and he more-or-less redid the entire movie from scratch.
"There are two wolves and they are always fighting. One is darkness and despair. The other is light and hope. Which wolf wins? Whichever one you feed." - Casey Newton, Tomorrowland
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

^Good poster! Here's also the soundtrack cover: https://twitter.com/TheIncredibles/stat ... 9614426112
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Rumpelstiltskin wrote:Does anyone knows when the actual production on the movie started?

https://screenrant.com/incredibles-2-se ... roduction/
The filmmakers behind Incredibles 2 believe the time constraints on the sequel ended up making it a better movie. When Pixar's highly-anticipated superhero sequel was first announced, it was scheduled for a 2019 release, but it eventually traded places with Toy Story 4. This meant the creative team lost an entire year to work on the project, making things rather difficult.
Would just be interesting to know at what point the pre-production ended and the animators and directors and the rest of the crew finally started.
I hope this won't have damaged the quality of the film. The poster's cute (there's that raccoon again).

I'm debating right now whether to see this or Deadpool 2. I do like The Incredibles (and I like that Elastigirl has more of a spotlight this time), but I'm leaning toward the latter partly because of my innate dislike of PIXAR in general. I just wonder though if this film's success (small, moderate, or large) will be tied up in Lasseter's fate. If Bird's film does well, maybe that'll make Disney more confident in him and more likely to put him in charge of PIXAR?
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

I think the only reason they were able to move the date up was because they were ahead of schedule. I heard rumors of that even before it was officially announced. And I also think its true the constraints may have helped in the end. Look at what pixar was able to do with Toy Story 2 after having lost much of the movie and having to redo things in such a short amount of time.

Also, it really shouldn't be question to see this or deadpool 2. I liked deadpool, but the first was better, and I'm sure it'll pale in comparison to incredibles 2.

I wouldn't have faulted you for skipping something like the good Dinosaur or cars 3, but this is the incredbles, its going to awesome.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Rumpelstiltskin
Anniversary Edition

Post by Rumpelstiltskin »

Disney's Divinity wrote:I hope this won't have damaged the quality of the film.

I just wonder though if this film's success (small, moderate, or large) will be tied up in Lasseter's fate. If Bird's film does well, maybe that'll make Disney more confident in him and more likely to put him in charge of PIXAR?
Brad Bird claims it turned out better because of the extra pressure. I hope he is right. And I feel pretty sure it will do great at the box office. Zeitgeist and all that. But I don't think Bird will be in charge of the studios as he likes being a free bird and dabble in other projects like directing live action and such.

Lasseter was involved in the development of the story. The question is how far they had come in production before he disappeared, and if Bird has used his absence to take some liberties to add, change or remove certain parts.
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

I think they had the movie in the can before lasseter was out. I mean, yeah, they will probably work up to the deadline adding further polish, the story wise? It was probably well over 95% done.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

From early reviews, people are saying that this film is just as good as the first one if not even better. Popular consensus is that Jack-Jack steals every scene he's in, as does Edna.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

^I'm glad critics are liking it. The actual reviews are in and they're also very good. It seems the consensus now is that it's not as good or groundbreaking as the first, but that it's still a very good sequel. On Rotten Tomatoes it has a score of 95% and an average rating of 8.1/10 right now, with 43 reviews counted.

Here are also some new videos:

- "Elasticycle" clip
- "Back in Action" featurette
- Live Cast and Filmmaker Q&A
- World Premiere Live Stream
Marce82
Anniversary Edition

Post by Marce82 »

Oh, stupid me. I actually got to see the movie last week, and it didn't occur to me to post something here. There was also a Q&A with Brad Bird and some of the crew after.
I will keep this spoiler free:

The movie is excellent. IMO, it is in some ways better and in some ways worse than the first. I would say I2 is funnier, more inventive (gadgets and new characters) and the visuals... woah. Makes the first one look primitive. BUT... the story is not quite as solid... the balance of characters was a bit better in the first one, and the philosophical themes were better threaded through. But don't get me wrong, this movie is excellent, and I will be going back to the theaters to see it again (it is very layered and LOADED with info, on characters, story and background). Again, hard to say more wthout spoiling.

Regarding how they managed to move up the release date.... Brad Bird said that they had to trust their choices more "by gut", and not have them approved by a million entities. That also meant not having to do a million versions of the half-finished film to show the different managerial layers at Pixar and Disney. He sorta said "these are a bunch of car parts in my front yard. You will have to trust they will fit together well and make a cool car".

Bad news: he won't record a commentary for the dvd/blu ray :(
estefan
Platinum Edition

Post by estefan »

Marce82 wrote:Bad news: he won't record a commentary for the dvd/blu ray :(
He didn't record a commentary for "Tomorrowland", either. He seems to be following the Spielberg route of wanting the films to speak for themselves. Here's an interview from a few years ago where he mentions why he stopped recording commentaries.
You did not do an audio commentary for this one.

I didn’t. I didn’t do one for “Ghost Protocol” either. I kind of got to thinking that it’s a misleading thing. I’ve done them for the animated films, but I don’t know if I’ll do one for the next “Incredibles.” It’s because I don’t want people to think that what I have to say is what they must know about it. They don’t have to know that about it and it bothers me that it’s fixed in time. Usually you have to record these things before you’ve even put the movie out into the world. You record these things before the movie is released, essentially. What’s important to you at that moment may not be what’s important to anyone at all. You may have been stressing about one stupid little scene that doesn’t matter at all and yet you’ll talk for five minutes about that scene. There’s something about freezing that in amber that seems wrong. I’ll do extra materials, but just let people have their own perception of what it is. I’m kind of coming around to that. Of just letting it be what it is without my comments.
"There are two wolves and they are always fighting. One is darkness and despair. The other is light and hope. Which wolf wins? Whichever one you feed." - Casey Newton, Tomorrowland
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

estefan wrote:He seems to be following the Spielberg route of wanting the films to speak for themselves.
That's such a BS reason. No one's asking them to interpret their own films. They can share trivia and anecdotes from the filmmaking process, talk about deleted or alternative scenes, their interaction with the actors, the technological aspects of the film etc. There's a lot to talk about that doesn't constitute a film analysis.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage