Tron: Ascension

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Tron 3

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Especially with the Tron coaster in the parks, the films will kind of currently stay in people's minds...but I wonder if a Tron 3 would be put on Disney+ instead of the theater.
netenyahoo

Post by netenyahoo »

blackcauldron85 wrote:Especially with the Tron coaster in the parks, the films will kind of currently stay in people's minds...but I wonder if a Tron 3 would be put on Disney+ instead of the theater.
I'm ok with more movies being streamed instead of in the theater. If that helps movies come out that may not have otherwise then I'm all for it.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Skyler Shuler: Just found out that when talks of a TRON 3 were active, a title being thrown around was TRON: VOYAGE.

Q: Any chances of it being revived?

Skyler Shuler: Yes.
Source: https://twitter.com/SkylerShuler/status ... 0593662976
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Q: I got to see you work years ago on the set of “Tron: Legacy,” which was a trip for me as a fan of that franchise. It was the scene where you shot Steven Lisberger’s cameo…

Joseph Kosinski: Oh! At the End of Line club.

Q: Yeah! I know Ascension got put on the backburner, do you still have any active involvement in the iteration that has Jared Leto attached?

Joseph Kosinski: Jared and I had actually been talking about “Tron” since “Tron: Legacy” back in 2009. We almost put him in that movie, actually in that scene! So Jared’s a huge fan and we actually batted around ideas and I was talking to him about that role in “Ascension,” but we only got to the script stage on that. We never really moved beyond that and that’s sort of where it sits for now.
Source: https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/ ... and-tron-3
"There's always been an interest since Legacy [for a sequel]. There's always been talk and murmuring of doing another and continuing the story," Kosinski shared with ComicBook.com. "I was in China a few years ago and saw them building the TRON ride in Shanghai, which, apparently, is pretty amazing, I would love to experience that at some point. I think it's still a nice jewel in the crown of Disney IP and I think there are fans and people petitioning and pushing to continue it inside the halls of Disney. So I think it could happen. Like anything, it just needs the right confluence of ... it's all about timing and the right elements and everything's got to come together for a movie to happen. I think it's possible and I think it's worthy of it. I think there's enough ideas in the franchise, and the fact that it is so unique and nothing else looks or sounds like it, that TRON story. There is, I think, a future for the franchise and I hope they keep making them."

"Whenever a TRON comes out, it needs to push the envelope in some way, or in every way," the filmmaker added. "That's a fundamental requirement of a TRON movie, is it needs to be ambitious on a filmmaking level and hopefully on a narrative level, and the ideas behind it. [Director] Steven Lisberger's ideas for the first movie were so ahead of their time. I think it's imperative that that be a part of any TRON movie. I don't ever see TRON being something where you pump one out every two years. You just can't. They're too hard to make. It's got to be a passion project and it's got to really be reaching for something different and innovative and ambitious, because that's in the DNA of it."
Source: https://comicbook.com/movies/2020/04/13 ... -kosinski/
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I’ve noticed on other forums that there is a very vocal cult base for this. Even though it’s not really a successful property the way Disney would like it to be, I hope something else happens down the road for those fans’ sake. I wouldn’t call myself one of them, but I know what it’s like wanting more of what Disney considers a "middling" or "under-performing" property. I do like the character TRON himself in his appearance in Kingdom Hearts 2 is all I can say. :P
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

The canceled third Tron film, Tron: Ascension, would have seen the machine world of The Grid invade the real world.
Source: https://thedisinsider.com/2020/07/06/an ... exclusive/
Sotiris

Re: Tron: Ascension

Post by Sotiris »

‘Tron 3’ Killed by Marvel and ‘Star Wars,’ Director Joseph Kosinski Says
https://www.thewrap.com/tron-3-sequel-m ... -kosinski/