DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Mon May 25, 2020 5:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2910 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Moana
PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:11 am 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:54 am
Posts: 13496
(Most people don't venture to the theme park section, so...)

Moana Epcot attraction!
https://www.slashfilm.com/epcot-updates/

*edit* Pictures!
https://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories/mo ... epcot/amp/

Walk-through attraction, not a ride:
https://www.laughingplace.com/w/news/20 ... ing-epcot/

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Moana
PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:56 am 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:29 pm
Posts: 4811
Thanks for posting here! The attraction has a really interesting premise and I'm glad it's not a ride. Epcot is a good place for transitory attractions like this rather than building a full-fledged ride anyway.

_________________
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Moana
PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:33 am 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:54 am
Posts: 13496
Aulani, A Disney Resort and Spa Announces A New Offering “The Aulani Players Presents Moana”
http://mickeyblog.com/2019/09/25/aulani ... nts-moana/

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Moana
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:26 pm 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:06 am
Posts: 15159
Auli'i was surprisingly coy when asked about a sequel. The fact she wasn't more straightforward about a sequel not happening makes me wonder.

'Moana' Star Auli'i Cravalho on Possible Sequel
https://www.etonline.com/media/videos/m ... ive-135644

_________________
ImageImageImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Moana
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:04 pm 
Offline
Limited Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 19, 2018 4:09 pm
Posts: 1780
I hope not. Not when Musker and probably Clements are not involved.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Moana
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:33 pm 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:26 pm
Posts: 12124
Yeah, if the original writers are not involved, then it’s a no for me. I’d be up for it if one or both of them returned though. The world of Moana seemed pretty wide in scope; I could buy another story with those characters.

_________________
Image
Listening to most often lately:
The Beatles ~ "Blackbird"
The Beatles ~ "Eleanor Rigby"
The Beatles ~ "I Want to Hold Your Hand"
(courtesy of blackcauldron85!)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Moana
PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:53 am 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:06 am
Posts: 15159
How Far I'll Go performed in ASL.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biNYS2VK98E

_________________
ImageImageImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Moana
PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:10 am 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:54 am
Posts: 13496
^ That is beautiful. I don't understand or know ASL but I want them to make more of these- it's a new way for those who are deaf to experience Disney, especially the songs. Such a great idea!

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Moana
PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:09 pm 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:06 am
Posts: 15159
Is anyone else bothered by the grammatical error in "How Far I'll Go"? It goes "I've been staring at the edge of the water, long as I can remember" when it should be "I've been staring at the edge of the water, as long as I can remember".

_________________
ImageImageImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Moana
PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:18 am 
Offline
Limited Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 19, 2018 4:09 pm
Posts: 1780
Sotiris wrote:
Is anyone else bothered by the grammatical error in "How Far I'll Go"? It goes "I've been staring at the edge of the water, long as I can remember" when it should be "I've been staring at the edge of the water, as long as I can remember".

Never noticed it. Personally I was more bothered by the overuse of the word "island".
I think grammatical errors are common in songs so the lyrics could flow with the music. Just now in Frozen we got a song that has "all that I can to do". I am also reminded of Saving Mr Banks, where Travers says that it should be "Let's go and fly a kite".


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Moana
PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:44 am 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:02 am
Posts: 10959
Location: America
The difference is the Moana and Mary Poppins examples are examples of how people actually talk.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Moana
PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:37 am 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:29 pm
Posts: 4811
farerb wrote:
Sotiris wrote:
Is anyone else bothered by the grammatical error in "How Far I'll Go"? It goes "I've been staring at the edge of the water, long as I can remember" when it should be "I've been staring at the edge of the water, as long as I can remember".

Never noticed it. Personally I was more bothered by the overuse of the word "island".
I think grammatical errors are common in songs so the lyrics could flow with the music. Just now in Frozen we got a song that has "all that I can to do". I am also reminded of Saving Mr Banks, where Travers says that it should be "Let's go and fly a kite".

I think she also complained in the movie that it would be "let us go" rather than "let's go."

_________________
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Moana
PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:42 am 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:06 am
Posts: 15159
Disney Duster wrote:
The difference is the Moana and Mary Poppins examples are examples of how people actually talk.

I've never heard anyone say "long as I can remember." The phrase "for as long as" is simply shortened to "as long as" in colloquial speech.

_________________
ImageImageImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Moana
PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:32 am 
Offline
Limited Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 19, 2018 4:09 pm
Posts: 1780
I just remembered from Mulan: "Help me not to make a fool of me" instead of "Help me not to make a fool of myself".


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Moana
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:33 am 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:02 am
Posts: 10959
Location: America
Sotiris wrote:
Disney Duster wrote:
The difference is the Moana and Mary Poppins examples are examples of how people actually talk.

I've never heard anyone say "long as I can remember." The phrase "for as long as" is simply shortened to "as long as" in colloquial speech.

Oh, I have heard a few people in my lifetime say something and end it with "long as I can remember."

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Moana
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:46 am 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:06 am
Posts: 15159
It's not common though. If you Google it, you'll be pressed to find a single result for that. Most results are "for as long as I can remember" and less frequently "as long as I can remember". There always need to be two "as", one in the beginning and one in the end because that's the way the equative construction is formed (e.g. as big as, as much as, as tall as, etc.) LMM used to be an English teacher; he should have known better.

_________________
ImageImageImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Moana
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:04 pm 
Offline
Special Edition
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:49 pm
Posts: 365
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artistic_license


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Moana
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:37 pm 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:06 am
Posts: 15159
We are all perfectly aware of the concept. Artistic license doesn't shield a work of art from criticism.

_________________
ImageImageImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Moana
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:28 pm 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:29 pm
Posts: 4811
Sotiris wrote:
It's not common though. If you Google it, you'll be pressed to find a single result for that. Most results are "for as long as I can remember" and less frequently "as long as I can remember". There always need to be two "as", one in the beginning and one in the end because that's the way the equative construction is formed (e.g. as big as, as much as, as tall as, etc.) LMM used to be an English teacher; he should have known better.

I agree, I've only ever heard it as "for as long as I can remember" or at least "as long as I can remember." Had no idea that LMM used to be an English teacher lol.

_________________
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Moana
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:39 pm 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:54 am
Posts: 13496
(I can't be the only one that can't read the name "Moana," like when I see there's a new post in this thread, without hearing [in my head] Chief Tui sing "Mo-a-na" {make way, make way}, right?! :lol:)

If my husband or I mention the movie/character, at least I have to sing it...I don't think he does every time...

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2910 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 57 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group