Rank the Disney Children

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Rank the Disney Children

Post by Farerb »

I noticed we rarely talk about the Disney children so I thought it might be fun, what's your opinion on them? I'm listing only main characters, but feel free to talk about minor characters if you want.
  • Pinocchio
  • Alice
  • Wendy
  • Peter Pan
  • Arthur
  • Mowgli
  • Christopher Robin
  • Penny (The Rescuers)
  • Taran
  • Eilonwy
  • Jenny
  • Cody
  • Lilo
  • Jim
  • Lewis
  • Penny (Bolt)
  • Hiro
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Rank the Disney Children

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I don't really think of Jim as a child, but I guess he isn't late teens either. He's my favorite though, with Alice next. I also like Wendy, the Black Cauldron characters, Arthur, Jenny, and Pinocchio.

I often find many of Disney's child characters very annoying. I guess many of the people making these films have children of their own, so they know the real thing and that's why so many of them seem to be such brats. :lol: Pinocchio is a little annoying himself, but I give him more of a break versus characters like Hiro simply because he's only a few days' old. I actually think the sweetest child character is Jenny from Oliver & Company. I always thought she was really adorable and sympathetic, especially when she's in the kitchen making food for Oliver.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

So hose Disney children who grow up in their movies doesn´t count?

For me it must be Pinocchio. I love his innocent and endearing personality. To be honest, such personalities and archetypes have always appealed to me for obvious reasons: Because of their sheer adorabilty, which makes them appealing and accessible.
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

I read this title as “Rank Walt Disney’s children” and I thought... damn, I don’t really have much of an opinion on Diane and Sharon haha.

I’ll come back and do a ranking later.
DisneyBluLife
Gold Classic Collection

Post by DisneyBluLife »

If a character is named Jenny or Penny in a Disney movie, you know she will be kidnapped.

Penny (The Rescuers) gets kidnapped by Madame Medusa
Jenny gets kidnapped by Sykes.
Penny (Bolt) gets kidnapped by Dr.Calico

All child characters where their name ends with an "y" gets kidnapped.

Wendy gets kidnapped by Captain Hook.
Eilonwy gets kidnapped by The horned king
Cody gets kidnapped by McLeach

But most child characters gets kidnapped in their movie, like Mowgli, Pinocchio, Lilo, Lewis and Taran too.

I think Jim Hawkins gets kidnapped by Silver and his crew in Treasure Planet to show them the treasure, but I haven' t seen the movie in a long time.

And Winnie the Pooh thought Christopher Robin was kidnapped by the Backson.
thedisneyspirit
Anniversary Edition

Post by thedisneyspirit »

I love Lilo and Jim, like Alice and Pinocchio. Find the others either bland, wasted potential, or annoying.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

I really like Alice and Wendy, I think perhaps that's because Kathryn Beaumont is so endearing. I also like Pinocchio because of his naiveté, Mowgli is fine too, though he has his annoying moments. I like Lilo as well and though I didn't include animals, I also wanted to mention Olivia cause she's sweet.
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by blackcauldron85 »

I don't watch The Rescuers too often because it makes me cry a lot, but obviously that's because of Penny. I'm watching it right now, and she has sass and hope, and she has good ideas, and she's adorable and sweet... I've never disliked her, of course, but I don't watch the film enough so I didn't hold her in as high esteem as I do right now.

I like all of these characters on the list. Obviously I'm partial to Taran and Eilonwy, and Lilo is terrific, and I really like Lewis + Alice. At this moment, these are my faves, but I do like all of them.
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

Best one is lilo, hands down. Most others dont capture how kids really think/act but lilo does.