Sofia the First

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
bruno_wbt
Anniversary Edition

Re: Sofia the First

Post by bruno_wbt »

dvdjunkie wrote:
I just think that it is funny that most of you are well over the 10 years old mark and really quabble over the fact that this voice doesn[t sound like that voice and they changed this person's voice. It is just a television show for pre-schoolers and up to 7 years old. Maybe you should back off all of the criticisms that have occurred and will probably occur.

But those voice actresses are the actual replacements for the princesses’ original voices. And they are not only voicing the princesses on this show.

For example, Julie Nathanson is the current official voice of Belle, replacing Paige O'Hara. And she is doing the voice of Belle everywhere, not only this show. That's why we criticize that. Because those actresses are not only doing this show, they are the official voices for the princesses now.

In my opinion all of them are great, but I understand that people can criticize that.

And I don't want Jodi Benson to be replaced yet! I think she just sounds perfect as Ariel as always!

And yes, we are over 10 and over 20, and we are fans of this show! 8)
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Very much agree with you bruno_wbt; dvdjunkie, it wouldn't matter if it was this show for little ones or a new Disney game like Disneyland Kinect or Disney Infinity, or a theme park attraction … the voices used in Sofia are the official voices of the characters. It just so happens that in this medium that we are hearing them in at the moment. It isn't just limited to small children; these beloved characters popping up with new animation and songs is certainly noteworthy to fans … even if we are above 10 or not! :wink:

And I know I've been sat with a 5 year old watching Sofia during the Belle episode, and she commented on why Belle 'sang funny'. Not the most succinct critique I'll give you that, but it was certainly picked up on. Now, that wont be the same for all children, some may not notice anything at all which is wonderful ! But as I said, whether its Sofia or Disneyland, these are the new voices of the characters and they are worth being made note of, in a healthy discussion on here :)
#1JasmineFan
Limited Issue

Post by #1JasmineFan »

Hi! thanks for the song list for DJ Shuffle 2! I'm definitely buying all of the Sofia songs except for In Your Paws since I Have it already as well as two of the Doc McStuffins songs. Where did you find the list? And are there samples of each of the songs to listen to?
"We're more similar than you think, Kion. Sisi ni sawa." Jasiri
bruno_wbt
Anniversary Edition

Post by bruno_wbt »

#1JasmineFan wrote:Hi! thanks for the song list for DJ Shuffle 2! I'm definitely buying all of the Sofia songs except for In Your Paws since I Have it already as well as two of the Doc McStuffins songs. Where did you find the list? And are there samples of each of the songs to listen to?
You're welcome! I found them on amazon.com but there are no samples yet:

http://www.amazon.com/Disney-Junior-DJ- ... rds=disney
bruno_wbt
Anniversary Edition

Post by bruno_wbt »

#1JasmineFan wrote:And are there samples of each of the songs to listen to?

Here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TmpDJM4a30
#1JasmineFan
Limited Issue

Post by #1JasmineFan »

Hi! Thanks for the link! I loved Play with Us as well as Believe in Your Dream, Two by Two and the Ghostly Gala song! Although I find it weird that one Doc McStuffins song isn't on there. Forever Friends. It's listed on the track list. Other than that, I also enjoyed Miles theme and three songs from Battle for the Book! I'm excited for next Tuesday!
#1JasmineFan
Limited Issue

Post by #1JasmineFan »

I'm curious as to why the album isn't available for pre-order on ITunes yet. That's where I get most of my Sofia music from. Hopefully it'll be available on Tuesday if not Monday for pre-order.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Wondering if you guys could help me out here … I've only watched bits and bobs of Sofia, (mainly for Princess cameos) but I'd like to see all the series in order. The DVD's are sold very cheaply so was going to pick it up in that format over iTunes as its very expensive comparatively on there. Since deciding this, I've got really confused about the UK releases; do they only release the episodes with a Princess cameo in ? And do they not have a whole bunch of episodes in any release ?

For example, is this just one Cinderella episode ?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sofia-First-Onc ... +the+first

And just the Ariel episode ?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sofia-First-Flo ... +the+first

I'm just a bit confused as to what to pick up and watch first ! Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Warm Regards
Special Edition

Post by Warm Regards »

Alantica, I believe each DVD is multiple episodes.

I say this because the Cinderella DVD has a run time of 47 minutes, while the Ariel DVD is 113 minutes. If a normal Sofia episode is ~23 minutes, then two would be ~47, three ~70, etc.

Unless the Cinderella and Ariel episodes were longer than usual. That, I unfortunately do not know.
bruno_wbt
Anniversary Edition

Post by bruno_wbt »

The episodes with Cinderella, Ariel and Rapunzel are longer than all the rest, 47 minutes each, more or less.

And here are all the episodes included on the DVDs:

Once Upon A Princess [DVD]
1. Once Upon A Princess (TV Special) [47 min.] (Special Appearance by Cinderella)

Ready To Be A Princess [DVD]
1. A Royal Mess
2. The Shy Princess
3. Blue Ribbon Bunny
4. The Princess Test
5. Two To Tangu (Special Appearance by Jasmine)

The Floating Palace [DVD]
1. The Floating Palace (TV Special) [47 min.] (Special Appearance by Ariel)
2. Tri-Kingdom Picnic
3. Finding Clover
4. Make Way For Miss Nettle

The Enchanted Feast [DVD]
1. The Buttercups
2. Tea For Too Many
3. The Great Aunt-Venture
4. Two Princesses And A Baby
5. The Enchanted Feast (Special Appearance by Snow White)

Holiday in Enchancia [DVD]
1. Holiday in Enchancia (Special Appearance by Aurora)
2. Baileywick’s Day Off
3. The Little Witch
4. The Baker King
5. Four’s A Crowd

The Curse of Princess Ivy [DVD]
1. The Curse of Princess Ivy (TV Special) [47 min.] (Special Appearance by Rapunzel)
2. The Amulet of Avalor
3. Princess Butterly
4. The Emerald Key
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Oh brilliant ! Thank you so much for that list, much appreciated. So this is the most appropriate order to watch them all in as well ? (Sorry for asking so many questions !)
bruno_wbt
Anniversary Edition

Post by bruno_wbt »

Atlantica wrote:Oh brilliant ! Thank you so much for that list, much appreciated. So this is the most appropriate order to watch them all in as well ? (Sorry for asking so many questions !)
You're welcome! ^^

But that would not be the correct order; you should follow the air date order:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_So ... t_episodes
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Funny how they've not been released in their airdate order ? Enchanted Feast hasn't been released here yet, let alone Curse of Princess Ivy.
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

Whoop, there it is....kinda:
And now, as part of an upcoming four-episode event known as ‘The Secret Library,’ Sofia will not only get to meet Merida, but the royal snowman himself from Arendelle, Olaf.

Books scheduled to be published around the event provide some insight into what Sofia and her new friends will encounter.

In ‘The Secret Library,’ when Sofia’s aunt Tilly visits Enchancia, she gives Sofia a special book that guides her to a secret library hidden in the castle. The library is filled with hundreds of unfinished books — and Sofia is the only one who can give each story a happy ending. Sofia selects the story of Minimus’s brother, Mazzimo, who has been captured by the arrogant and greedy Prince Roderick of Borrea. It’s up to Sofia and Minimus to rescue Mazzimo and grant him his one wish: to be free! Merida will make an appearance in this episode, the first of the four episode event, which is being promoted as airing later this year.

Then in spring 2016, we will see the return of Miss Nettle. In ‘The Tale of Miss Nettle,’ Sofia’s amulet summons her to the Secret Library, where she hears the exciting ‘Tale of Miss Nettle.’ It’s up to Sofia to finish the story. Along the way, she meets a very special friend: Olaf the snowman!

Read more: 'Sofia the First' to Meet Olaf from 'Frozen' in 'Secret Library' Television Event - Stitch Kingdom
StitchKingdom.com - The #1 unofficial source for news on Disney
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

Well, they can't include Anna or Elsa until they've been inducted into the Disney Princess line (which at this point I doubt will ever happen as Frozen has become a big DCP franchise on its own) so they went with the next best thing instead, Olaf. It's sad that even Olaf gets an appearance on the show before Pocahontas.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

Sotiris wrote:Well, they can't include Anna or Elsa until they've been inducted to the Disney Princess line (which at this point I doubt will ever happen as Frozen has become a big DCP franchise on its own) so they went with the next best thing instead, Olaf. It's sad that even Olaf get an appearance on the show before Pocahontas.
I know, right? I actually liked Olaf, he actually was somewhat endearing. But Pocahontas should've had her appearance first.

Just wondering, what are your thoughts on Pocahontas and her movie? Sorry for repeating myself, but I'm curious.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Oh for goodness sake ! This is silly now; either use her or cut her out of the line. Can't just dump her in occasionally for political reasons then erase her in every other way possible ?!
#1JasmineFan
Limited Issue

Post by #1JasmineFan »

Hi! When does Olaf make an appearance? And I heard Pocahontas will appear in the show. Has anyone heard of a new soundtrack for Sofia coming out soon? I'm just curious. Thanks!
DisneyPrincessSyndrome

Post by DisneyPrincessSyndrome »

Three new episodes of the show will premiere in a row! Disney Junior is doing this with all their big shows (Jake, Doc, the new Miles From Tomorrowland, and Sofia) where they each will have a Friday with three new episodes in a row. Sadly Sofia will be the last Friday of the month but here's the info:
Friday, March 27
Original Series - Episode Premiere
Sofia the First "Clover Time"
(9:30 AM - 9:55 AM ET/PT)
Sofia and Clover learn to be more considerate of others after Clover's warren gets flooded and Sofia invites him to stay with her, causing friction in their friendship when they realize that they both have very different habits.
TV-Y

Friday, March 27
Sofia the First "In a Tizzy"
(9:55 AM - 10:20 AM ET/PT)
After teaming up with an over-eager fairy godmother, Sofia's friend Ruby learns that a little assistance is nice, but sometimes you have to do things on your own.
*Guest-starring: Melissa Rauch ("The Big Bang Theory") as Ruby's fairy godmother, Tizzy.
TV-Y

Friday, March 27
Sofia the First "A Tale of Two Teams"
(10:20 AM - 10:50 AM ET/PT)
When a game of dazzleball pits the villagers against the royals, Sofia must decide whether to play with her old friends or her new family.
TV-Y
Source

So excited for new episodes, I'm just annoyed with how slow they're coming so far.
bruno_wbt
Anniversary Edition

Post by bruno_wbt »

bruno_wbt wrote:Merida is coming October 2015!

Sofia the First: The Secret Library

When Sofia's aunt Tilly visits Enchancia, she gives Sofia a special book that guides her to a secret library hidden in the castle! The library is filled with hundreds of unfinished books-and Sofia is the only one who can give each story a happy ending. Sofia selects the story of Minimus's brother, Mazzimo, who has been captured by the arrogant and greedy Prince Roderick of Borrea. It's up to Sofia and Minimus to rescue Mazzimo and grant him his one wish: to be free! Based on the tentpole episode airing in October 2015 with a special appearance by Princess Merida! Includes a redeemable Disney eBook!

http://www.amazon.com/Sofia-First-Secre ... +the+first

Here's the book cover:

According to IMDb, Ruth Connell is going to voice Merida in this episode.

Here's Ruth voicing Merida in a recent Disney Princess App:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Wn3m5VWt10