DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:13 am 
Platinum Edition

Mr. Toad wrote:
That is terrible Luke. My heart breaks for you. I have not been around lately but that was more because I ran out of things to post, it seemed that everything we had talked about in the forum was just coming back again and it was time for new people with new perspective.

I will try to make a couple of Amazon orders from the link to help out.

The Crisis has been adverted now

http://www.dvdizzy.com/googlehell.html

Quote:
After more than eight difficult months of anguish, I am happy to report that Google has lifted the severe, baffling manual penalty it had placed against this site. I am not the slightest bit wiser as to why the site was penalized nor as to why it no longer is. I do not expect that to change; Google displays no transparency regarding penalties. At no point during this soul-crushing experience was I given even one single original word from a Google employee explaining or acknowledging my situation. All I received were form rejections to my detailed, thorough reconsideration requests, the last of which was submitted and processed over a month ago, in the negative like all those before it.

However, even though the crisis has been adverted, it still is helpful to make purchases from amazon through some of this sites links to amazon and all.

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:12 am 
In The Vaults

-

Last edited by Dr Frankenollie on Wed May 22, 2019 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:39 am 
Limited Edition

I am going to ignore implications that I said that <b>any</b> forum members were responsible for the Google situation because, first of all, that would be a ridiculous accusation, and, second of all, you can re-read my post and see that there is no place where I stated that. And please do not pull out my post and pick it apart in attempt to prove me wrong. It's over; let it go.

And now I am saying this: drop the negativity in this thread and take it elsewhere.

SO happy for Luke! :party:

WIST #1 (The pinkrenata Edition) -- Kram Nebuer: *mouth full of Oreos* Why do you have a picture of Bobby Driscoll?

"I'm a nudist!" - Tommy Kirk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:47 pm 
Special Edition

All I'd like to say is that I'm glad UD has been able to make it through this mess.. all I want to know is why all of a sudden the problem was fixed?

enigmawing wrote:
Heartless's intent was to provide a back-up/safety-net for UD's community since Luke was clearly pessimistic about this site's survival. It's unfortunate that some took it the wrong way, and it's also unfortunate that some have hard feelings on either end over what's been happening. I must stress that it was never anyone's intention for the creation of DM to divide the community, but with the immature way people are acting it appears to be unavoidable.

I may get berated for saying this but I still feel it's unfortunate that the current mods/admins of this site clearly give this forum little priority. As I've stated before, I understand the reviews are the bread and butter of this site and that the staff members obviously have real lives outside of all this, but the community feels . . . tacked on? Like an afterthought, left to fend for itself. It never used to be that way. And it's pretty much the reason many of my old friends jumped ship long before we had a Sitepocalypse on the horizon.

Thanks, Enigmawing. Everything said here was 100% true. :D
This should go without saying, but I'll just try and make this even more clear, and maybe it will mean something more coming from me personally.. Enigmawing summed up the purpose of the Disney Mania forum perfectly. We weren't really ever kept updated on the situation and didn't know what was going on (and we still don't know why the problem is fixed, do we?).. so a safety-net was exactly what that was.

It is great that the community can stay together.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:32 pm 
Limited Edition

I’d like to take this opportunity to thank Heartless and all those who joined the backup hangout in attempt to keep our little gang together during these uncertain times. That said, I’m very relieved to hear that Ultimate Disney’s problems are over. I’d be lying if I said the apocalyptic atmosphere around here wasn’t getting to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:55 am 
Suspended

Goliath wrote:
SWillie! wrote:
You might be right to an extent that there's no reason to run here and post about other members from the other site, but I think you're being a little over-the-top accusatory, Goliath. No one else is reacting to it, so leave it at that. I think by jumping on him and all the "ha! I figured you out, you were caught!" kind of stuff, you're really the one instigating right now.

No, I am not the one "really instigating" it and you know very damn well I'm not. This game-play of trying to blame Goliath for everything that goes wrong at UD

There was a "Let's Blame Goliath" game going on that NO ONE TOLD ME ABOUT?!??!?!?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DafbgZgrAzI" frameborder="0"></iframe>

(I created that video clip myself. To prove it, I put a little something special in the title :D)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10