Sitepocalypse Now?: Why DVDizzy.com's Days May Be Numbered

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Goliath wrote:
disneyboy20022 wrote: This isn't about blame....IF that is the reason then EVERYONE on this forum is responsible including me....and maybe the site needs to be listed as a Disney/other Movie media fan site...,,let's not start blaming each other...
We need to Unite to help more effectively and spread the word contacct google not play the Blame Game of what happened and going on a witchhunting blame game
joke noun ( FUNNY ) dʒəʊk//dʒoʊk/

Definition
[C] something, such as a funny story or trick, that is said or done in order to make people laugh
Sorry....I've been a little on edge lately since hearing this news of the website and it's possible future.....even my mom can tell....and I do wonder if petitions would help....UD/dvdizzy has helped a lot of people more times than Google has made donations to charities....it's helped autistic people like myself find a place.....I'm serious....my autism of my Asperger Syndrome has me raging because of what may come because of google......It's pissing me off so much and I'm sure I'm not the only one.....Luke Don't Give Up without a fight we will win this...don't give up..never give up...I would donate money monthly to keep this site going if that's what it takes to keep this site intact and it doesn't have to be a set amount...donate $1 or 50 cents or $25 or whatever....

speaking of never giving up Eagle Eyes Cherry featuring Camp Lazlo

and yes I didn't like Camp Lazlo but the video really called to me..

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-Q8mpCa1-LI" frameborder="0"></iframe>

and the same song with lyrics minus Lazlo

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8QwStp5IaO0" frameborder="0"></iframe>
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

A thought came to mind in case this site and board go under...

How about amalgamating with the folks over at Miceage/Micechat? I know Al Lutz and the other contributors on Miceage mostly cover the parks, but over on the Micechat board we do have an entertainment section. However, one thing that is lacking is a Home Entertainment/Video section - something that it could use.

I'm one of the original members there, having signed-up just a week or so after Micechat was established in January '05, when Monorail Man got the message board up and running. A Home Video/Entertainment section is something I identified that we are lacking. (I'm on the Micechat board with the same identity as here, "Barbossa")

Even Werner Wiess who runs Yesterland joined forces with Miceage and Micechat.

It's just a thought I had today as a possible way to keep DVDizzy/UD alive for the future.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Barbossa wrote:A thought came to mind in case this site and board go under...

How about amalgamating with the folks over at Miceage/Micechat? I know Al Lutz and the other contributors on Miceage mostly cover the parks, but over on the Micechat board we do have an entertainment section. However, one thing that is lacking is a Home Entertainment/Video section - something that it could use.

I'm one of the original members there, having signed-up just a week or so after Micechat was established in January '05, when Monorail Man got the message board up and running. A Home Video/Entertainment section is something I identified that we are lacking. (I'm on the Micechat board with the same identity as here, "Barbossa")

It's just a thought I had today as a possible way to keep DVDizzy/UD alive for the future.

If it results to that I am in favor of it....unless things are straightened out by google...send Luke this post via email see what he thinks about it....if that could be an option

bradhig
Anniversary Edition

Post by bradhig »

I don't wanna see UD go down. Stupid google.
MacMurray, Fred
In The Vaults

Post by MacMurray, Fred »

If Luke doesn't see this, someone can take the liberty to get it to him. (a longtime, respected member perhaps?)

*Luke,
I have contact for Google chairs you may want to speak with. Afterall they do know your presence. I'd like to line something up.

I'd hate to see UD go too, it's a nice site that just needs sprucing up.

*DISCLAIMER! Not to be Published Publicly Elsewhere on the Web!
How dare they bring a camel into this neighborhood!
Jules
Diamond Edition

Post by Jules »

You can pm Luke, Fred.
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

He most likely doesn't have PMing privileges, like anyone who registered after, whatever year was the cut off. if I cant do it, certainly he cant.
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

Kyle wrote:He most likely doesn't have PMing privileges, like anyone who registered after, whatever year was the cut off. if I cant do it, certainly he cant.
That was the stupidest thing i've heard.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

I sent it to Luke's Email...haven't heard back from Luke..

Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

Super Aurora wrote:That was the stupidest thing i've heard.
:?: I registered in 06 and dont have it, he just registered in 2011, how does that sound stupid?
PixarFan2006
Signature Collection

Post by PixarFan2006 »

I would really hate to see this site go. This is probably one of the few forums I actually like posting on.
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

Kyle wrote:
Super Aurora wrote:That was the stupidest thing i've heard.
:?: I registered in 06 and don't have it, he just registered in 2011, how does that sound stupid?
I mean the fact that only members before certain dateline can do pm. Every member should be able to do pm.

Also you should be able to do pm since I registered back in 06 and I can do it as well as Goliath can do it and he registered in 08.....
merlinjones
Anniversary Edition

Post by merlinjones »

If a constantly updated site should ever fade, I hope that the excellent reference pages of Disney video titles would be archived and viewable on a continuing basis, as there is nothing else nearly as comprehensive available.
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

MacMurray, Fred wrote:If Luke doesn't see this, someone can take the liberty to get it to him. (a longtime, respected member perhaps?)

*Luke,
I have contact for Google chairs you may want to speak with. Afterall they do know your presence. I'd like to line something up.

I'd hate to see UD go too, it's a nice site that just needs sprucing up.

*DISCLAIMER! Not to be Published Publicly Elsewhere on the Web!
E-mail sent into you. If the address you have here isn't one you use, please e-mail me at the address I've got. Thanks.
"Fifteen years from now, when people are talking about 3-D, they will talk about the business before 'Monsters vs. Aliens' and the business after 'Monsters vs. Aliens.' It's the line in the sand." - Greg Foster, IMAX chairman and president
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

Super Aurora wrote:I mean the fact that only members before certain dateline can do pm. Every member should be able to do pm.

Also you should be able to do pm since I registered back in 06 and I can do it as well as Goliath can do it and he registered in 08.....
I was told that memebers had been abusing the pms so they turned off that feature for anyone who registered after a certain date. I just double checked and this is still the case on my end. I can read pms but when I go to send them I get this.

"Sorry, but the administrator has prevented you from sending private messages."

I was told I could email a request to have it granted to me, I just never bothered. I have like, 5 PMs that Ive never been able to respond to.
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

That may be an individual basis thing. I just registered like last year or maybe 09 and I've always been able to do PM.
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

Attention Luke: do a search for "SEO analyzers," there are a few free tools out there that make for a good starting point to determine the issues you may need to address, such as http headers and meta tags; regardless, I believe a complete overhaul of your site would be in your best interest.
a-net-fan
Gold Classic Collection

Post by a-net-fan »

disneyboy20022 wrote:
Barbossa wrote:A thought came to mind in case this site and board go under...

If it results to that I am in favor of it....unless things are straightened out by google...send Luke this post via email see what he thinks about it....if that could be an option

That is a good idea. Unfortunately this message board would have to close if that happened and im not sure how that would help Luke's financial situation.

This is all very sad news.....
JUST ANOTHER 27 YEAR OLD DISNEY BUFF.....
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

This is awful! :(
Last edited by Sotiris on Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

^I'd say it's only half my life.