Sitepocalypse Now?: Why DVDizzy.com's Days May Be Numbered

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Also when I type in ultimatedisney.com in the search on yahoo it comes up and I don't think that was on the first page when I looked a few hours ago...Maybe is just wishful thinking....If the end should come....is there anyway to start new...also I would love to donate money to the site so it could stay open....or a fundraiser....This Place is wonderful and I would even Pay $50 a month as a donation to keep this site going and the forums....this place has so many memories and the thought of it being gone is scaring the hell out of me.....this one beanie trade site has this option of donating via paypal in the corner of this one beanie trade site

http://trade.addiesattic.com/

Also when I think of this site going away for good I can't help but cry...and think of this scene from Toy Story 3....

Also if this Site does get closed...this is how I feel also about everyone I've met here and talked to and made some friends....It's been an honor to be part of this online community and if this site should go...I support Luke with whatever decision he has to make....He is in my prayers right now...

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4MqTzTbYTnU" frameborder="0"></iframe>
Last edited by disneyboy20022 on Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

The Amazon links; anyway to get ones that got to Amazon.ca (Canadian Amazon), to help the site out?

Right now I'm gonna be short of cash unfortunately - moving to Calgary, but I hope to find a good paid job soon.
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

I've been around for 8 years. So sad to see it end here.
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

Honestly, I'd hate to think that this site would be shut down permanently. :(
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

I've been spreading the article around and requesting permission to post it on various forums I frequent (just so they know I'm not advertising or spamming).

DVDizzy's not going to go down without a fight!
Disney-Fan
Platinum Edition
Location: Where it's flat and immense and the heat is intense

Post by Disney-Fan »

Sorry for being so oblivious, but why would they just penalize this site for no good reason and with no notification?
"See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve." - The Joker
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

even if main site goes down, that doesn't mean the forum will would it? Some sites had their main site go down but the the forum/message board still exist.
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

Disney-Fan wrote:Sorry for being so oblivious, but why would they just penalize this site for no good reason and with no notification?
That's the billion dollar question. If you can get an answer, do share.
"Fifteen years from now, when people are talking about 3-D, they will talk about the business before 'Monsters vs. Aliens' and the business after 'Monsters vs. Aliens.' It's the line in the sand." - Greg Foster, IMAX chairman and president
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

Disney's Divinity wrote:Basically, Google penalized dvdizzy.com for some unknown reason in February, so that the website doesn't show up until around the bottom of the 5th page of a google search for it. Luke's tried fixing certain things that could be the reason, and sent in for several reconsiderations, but the website is still penalized and they haven't explained why.

Because of all that, the website is getting 25% of the visitors/flow that it was getting, and I guess it isn't making enough income.

Edit: blackcauldron wrote less than I did. She wins. :lol:
So, what you're saying is Google is pretty much going to shut us down? Why can't they leave us alone? I mean, of course it's not pouplar like Facebook, but give me a break! At least WE are visiting this site-a close family/commuinity?

EDIT
Sotiris wrote::shock: Wow, that's awful. I had no idea. Does that mean that the site and/or forum will be closing? If the site closes, does that mean that the forum goes as well? :(
Yeah, they can keep the forums under a different name, right? A win-win for us and Google, right?
jpanimation
Anniversary Edition

Post by jpanimation »

I thought something was wrong. You see, I never bookmarked this site and would always google it to get to it. A little while back (I'm thinking months ago), out of now where, it it was no longer showing up (I tried both 'Ultimate Disney' and 'DVDizzy'). So I ended up going to the Wiki page and clicking on the link there. Didn't know that Google was causing so much trouble. I'm sure it's just some kind of mistake that needs brought to their attention.
Goliath
Diamond Edition

Post by Goliath »

jpanimation wrote:I'm sure it's just some kind of mistake that needs brought to their attention.
If I read Luke's reply well, he did try to do that, but he never got any answer. You see, that's the problem with multibillion dollar corporations like Google: they don't give a shit about an individual.
nachonaco
Special Edition

Post by nachonaco »

I wonder if it could be, and I'm probably wrong on this, but because (at least at the top of the forum) it still says Disney, Google associates it with being a primarily-Disney fansite.

Yet we have cursing on the forums that would make Quentin Tarantino blush.

Could this be the issue?
Man has a dream
And that's the start
He follows his dream
With mind and heart
And when it becomes a reality
It's a dream come true
For you and me!
Goliath
Diamond Edition

Post by Goliath »

nachonaco wrote:I wonder if it could be, and I'm probably wrong on this, but because (at least at the top of the forum) it still says Disney, Google associates it with being a primarily-Disney fansite.

Could this be the issue?
Are you trying to blame Super Aurora for taking down UD? :P
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Goliath wrote:
nachonaco wrote:I wonder if it could be, and I'm probably wrong on this, but because (at least at the top of the forum) it still says Disney, Google associates it with being a primarily-Disney fansite.

Could this be the issue?
Are you trying to blame Super Aurora for taking down UD? :P

This isn't about blame....IF that is the reason then EVERYONE on this forum is responsible including me....and maybe the site needs to be listed as a Disney/other Movie media fan site...,,let's not start blaming each other...what's done is done and right now we need to unite to help keep this site online...post it on the google facebook page....every day...and the google chrome facebook page....perhaps if some more people posted it on google's facebook page it might do something...I know it's a long shot, but right now I'd to 500 long shots to help right this wrong...

We need to Unite to help more effectively and spread the word contacct google not play the Blame Game of what happened and going on a witchhunting blame game

MutantEnemy
Special Edition

Post by MutantEnemy »

I can't say I know anything about this, but could it be that this website is accessible under two different names "Ultimate Disney" and "DVDizzy"???
Jack Skellington
Anniversary Edition

Post by Jack Skellington »

Would it help to sign an online petition ? :?
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

Goliath wrote: If I read Luke's reply well, he did try to do that, but he never got any answer. You see, that's the problem with multibillion dollar corporations like Google: they don't give a shit about an individual.
I always thought Google has way too much power for it's own good. The control they have over many thing is outlandish.

And since when did Google owns UD anyway or had the right to penalize UD?

Too bad this isn't 4chan or have 4chan like people..
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

It "penalized" the site by not having it listed high on google. As others said, you have to got 4-5 pages in before you find the website's link, which hugely cuts the traffic the site would get.

Google doesn't own UD, but they control how the websites are presented on Google searches.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Disney's Divinity wrote:It "penalized" the site by not having it listed high on google. As others said, you have to got 4-5 pages in before you find the website's link, which hugely cuts the traffic the site would get.

Google doesn't own UD, but they control how the websites are presented on Google searches.

Just clarifying...might be a stupid question though I probably won't full understand

And if the site doesn't get the google hits...there are other sites....yahoo and bing....why would the lesson traffic from google mean doom for this site? Does Dvdizzy get a cookie of a half a cent for every time someone clicks on the UD links...? Why not just say screw Google and continue with other sites.......as I said I won't pretend to understand this because I don't....but I would like an opportunity to at least try to learn...? or paint a picture or video of a demo of what's going on...

Goliath
Diamond Edition

Post by Goliath »

disneyboy20022 wrote:
Goliath wrote:Are you trying to blame Super Aurora for taking down UD? :P
This isn't about blame....IF that is the reason then EVERYONE on this forum is responsible including me....and maybe the site needs to be listed as a Disney/other Movie media fan site...,,let's not start blaming each other...
We need to Unite to help more effectively and spread the word contacct google not play the Blame Game of what happened and going on a witchhunting blame game
joke noun ( FUNNY ) dʒəʊk//dʒoʊk/

Definition
[C] something, such as a funny story or trick, that is said or done in order to make people laugh