DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:25 pm 
Special Edition

^Nice contribution.

And that's an example of management skills in execution.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:52 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

Sorry guys, no news. :) I decided to bump this thread as we haven't properly contemplated WDAS' upcoming projects for some time now.

The only upcoming films to be officially announced are Ralph Breaks the Internet: Wreck-It Ralph 2 and Frozen 2, for 2018 and 2019 respectively. That gives us a grand total of ... 2 releases. Impressive, right? :wink:

Of course we all know WDAS has a production pipeline which is generally shrouded in secrecy. I know many of you are expecting announcements for Zootopia 2 but are not convinced Tangled, Big Hero 6 and Moana shall receive sequels (frankly, I hope the latter is true.)

I'm rather curious of the effect the abandoned Gigantic will have on the production pipeline. My guess is there is now a gaping hole in WDAS' release schedule following Frozen 2 which cannot be filled up easily or at all because the manpower involved in Gigantic has only recently been redirected to other projects. Essentially the Greno project has been a waste of time and resources since it will clearly never be finished - not unlike DreamWorks' B.O.O. which was reportedly sent into cryo after having been practically completed, animation and all. (Who knows if that one will ever resurface?)

I am very sceptical we will see a new release from WDAS in 2020. I think there will be at least a year's hiatus - which will be too soon following 2017's hiatus. :evil:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:58 am 
Platinum Edition

Jules wrote:
I'm rather curious of the effect the abandoned Gigantic will have on the production pipeline. My guess is there is now a gaping hole in WDAS' release schedule following Frozen 2 which cannot be filled up easily or at all because the manpower involved in Gigantic has only recently been redirected to other projects. I am very sceptical we will see a new release from WDAS in 2020. I think there will be at least a year's hiatus - which will be too soon following 2017's hiatus.

I doubt the cancellation of Gigantic will significantly affect the pipeline. They hadn't gone into full production mode since they were working on WIR 2. And Disney announced that there will be a WDAS release in 2020. I do keep the first post of this thread updated but it's just 'untitled' this and 'untitled' that. You know Disney and their stupid secrecy obsession. :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:16 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Jules wrote:
I think there will be at least a year's hiatus - which will be too soon following 2017's hiatus. :evil:

I mean 2015 had no WDAS films either and the gap between 2015 and 2017 is much smaller than the gap between 2017 and 2020.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:27 pm 
Platinum Edition

I still feel confident BH6 will get a trilogy just like WIR, Frozen, and Zootopia will.

Yes, I'm surprised they don't at least one original film in the pipeline. I'd like to think M&C might get another project considering Moana likely will not have a sequel for them to be a part of, but Moana felt like a farewell project to me.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:02 pm 
Limited Edition

I hope he's not talking about sequels :(

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:19 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

So we're definitely getting a film in 2020 then...as of now anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:19 am 
Platinum Edition

Oh my, that little piece of artwork is so gorgeous, and I love how it incorporates and mirrors all the iconic characters of the 2010's so far. Elsa and WIR--both characters hated for something beyond their control; Moana and Judy--both characters who fought to pursue their dreams and find their place; then Rapunzel and Baymax--both characters that heal, whether with magic or technology. :up: Beautiful.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7