DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1307 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 66  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:11 pm 
Offline
Limited Edition
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:07 pm
Posts: 1045
RyGuy wrote:
Sotiris wrote:
Fix-It Felix could turn out to be the villain.


That's what I'm thinking. I loved what they did with Mother Gothel in Tangled, where the villain that was passive aggressive and ultimately psycho. I'd love to see what they do with the concept of someone who is super nice until they don't get what they want. I've known a number of people like that.


I heard from somewhere the main villian will be a virus that will do harm to the other games in the arcade.I think Fix It Felix might be tricked into helping the virus until he finds out how evil the guy.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:24 pm 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:06 am
Posts: 16331
jazzflower92 wrote:
I think Fix It Felix might be tricked into helping the virus until he finds out how evil the guy.


Or he could be the one behind the spread of the virus so he could come in and save the day and be proclaimed the hero. He could be suffering from the "hero syndrome".

_________________
ImageImageImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:34 pm 
Offline
Limited Edition
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:07 pm
Posts: 1045
Sotiris wrote:
jazzflower92 wrote:
I think Fix It Felix might be tricked into helping the virus until he finds out how evil the guy.


Or he could be the one behind the spread of the virus so he could come in and save the day and be proclaimed the hero. He could be suffering from the "hero syndrome".


We will go with that theory because Fix It Felix is based on Mario and Mario was the villian in Donkey Kong Jr.However,I think it would be a little cliche for Fix It Felix to be the main villian.Then again we don't know for sure who will it be; the virus or the Felix.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:14 pm 
Offline
Limited Edition

Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:07 pm
Posts: 1812
Sotiris wrote:
Fanart

Image
LOL! Love that! :thumb:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:01 am 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:53 pm
Posts: 3516
RyGuy wrote:
Sotiris wrote:
Fix-It Felix could turn out to be the villain.


That's what I'm thinking. I loved what they did with Mother Gothel in Tangled, where the villain that was passive aggressive and ultimately psycho. I'd love to see what they do with the concept of someone who is super nice until they don't get what they want. I've known a number of people like that.


You know, Gothel didn't seem really nice, to begin with. She pretty much has been lying to Rapunzel to keep her (and her hair) for herself for about eighteen years with claims that the world dark, selfish and cruel, along with making her feel bad about herself.

And if Gothel used her song when Rapunzel asked her to see the floating lights for her eighteenth birthday, imagine the former using that song every year the latter begged her (if she actually did beg her).

But anyways, I feel I've had my fair share of nice characters turning out to be conceited monsters for a year or two.

And about the Disney getting a shot at the 2013 Best Animated Film Oscar, that's a possibility, unless Pixar sweeps it out from underneath their feet with Brave. I'm pretty sure that's how it's gonna end up.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:33 am 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2007 2:57 pm
Posts: 3535
Location: Puerto Rico
I am very excited for this movie. Not because it will have a ton of references to video games and me being a video game nerd I will likely be giggling at every Nintendo game referenced ( :p) , but because it looks to have great potential. I have friends who attended last year's D23 event and saw several scenes of the movie and they loved it.

Unfortunately, I think this might be a movie Disney purists is going to crap upon long before it is released, and even if it does great with critics and audiences they will still crap upon it simply because it is an animated comedy based on video games, and that seems to lack the Disney Essence, especially after being treated to the one-two-three punch of Princess and the Frog, Tangled and Winnie the Pooh.

In my opinion, the beauty of the Disney animated classics is that they are some of the most eclectic pieces of films ever produced. You have fairy tale musicals, you have epic, operatic musicals based on dark literature, you have experimental pieces of animation set to classical music, you have mysteries involving puppies and kittens, some are classic, others are contemporary, so on and so forth. So what is wrong with them doing a contemporary story that celebrates one of the most popular and rising industries of the modern age?

Not mentioning anyone here in particular, BTW. Just saying that I know this will annoy some fans because it isn't exactly a Disney thing for them to do, yet in reality it is a Disney thing for them to do. If the movie is going to be good or bad, it won't be because of the theme, it will be because of the story and characters.

_________________
ImageImageImageImage

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:38 am 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:06 am
Posts: 16331
Steve Hulett wrote:
Staff informs me that the pace at Walt Disney Animation Studios is picking up: "A bunch more tech directors will be coming onto Wreck-It Ralph pretty soon. We have to get the picture done for a November release, and the pace is picking up. We have a lot of sequences to do and not a lot of time to get them done."
Source: http://animationguildblog.blogspot.com/ ... y-hat.html

_________________
ImageImageImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:29 pm 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:06 am
Posts: 16331
New Images
http://www.cinepremiere.com.mx/node/22449
http://insidemovies.ew.com/2012/02/06/w ... irst-look/

_________________
ImageImageImageImageImage


Last edited by Sotiris on Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:32 pm 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:53 pm
Posts: 3516
Honestly, is that concept art or final art that I'm looking at? Because it looks almost hand-drawn...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:37 pm 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:06 am
Posts: 16331
DisneyJedi wrote:
Honestly, is that concept art or final art that I'm looking at?


I think these are digital paintings.

_________________
ImageImageImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:38 pm 
Offline
Limited Edition
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:07 pm
Posts: 1045
Sotiris wrote:
New Images

This game is "Wreck-It Ralph", where Ralph destroys that building and Fix-It Felix rebuilds it and saves the day.

Image


This game is "Sugar Rush", home of Vanellope von Schweetz.

Image


This game is "Hero's Duty" where soldiers must fight the mutant cybugs that threaten the life of the universe.

Image

Source: http://www.cinepremiere.com.mx/node/22449


Man,this will be a movie worth watching and I hope it gets a nomination for Best Animated Feature as well because this is guenine gold. :D

Disney I think has got its groove back. :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:43 pm 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:40 pm
Posts: 2377
Location: The Land of Lincoln
These past 3 images are really rather good! I just got a lot more excited for this film. Granted, I was already a bit excited for it because I'm really interested to see how it turns out. These images though give a good indication that it will be visually appealing and not just gamey. If that makes any sense.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:04 pm 
Offline
Limited Edition
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:07 pm
Posts: 1045
I like that image of that candy level because it looks so good to eat. :o

I am betting they are putting so butt load of effort into this because I hope Wreck It Ralph is the bomb its supposed to be. :D


Last edited by jazzflower92 on Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:12 pm 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:02 am
Posts: 11646
Location: America
pap64 wrote:
Unfortunately, I think this might be a movie Disney purists is going to crap upon long before it is released, and even if it does great with critics and audiences they will still crap upon it simply because it is an animated comedy based on video games, and that seems to lack the Disney Essence, especially after being treated to the one-two-three punch of Princess and the Frog, Tangled and Winnie the Pooh.

In my opinion, the beauty of the Disney animated classics is that they are some of the most eclectic pieces of films ever produced. You have fairy tale musicals, you have epic, operatic musicals based on dark literature, you have experimental pieces of animation set to classical music, you have mysteries involving puppies and kittens, some are classic, others are contemporary, so on and so forth. So what is wrong with them doing a contemporary story that celebrates one of the most popular and rising industries of the modern age?

My one and only cry that it didn't fit the Disney Essence was that Walt never made movies about things that weren't alive before. He liked nature and organic things, and video games are actually inanimate, they aren't truly alive like animals and humans, they can't live with spirits and die, etc. I'm hoping some kind of Disney magic makes these characters actually be alive. But messing up fairy tales is a lot more obviously Disney Essence ruining than this, so...I'll be more quiet on this one.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:42 pm 
Offline
Limited Edition

Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:00 pm
Posts: 1088
The concept art looks amazing and has made me even more excited for this film. It really does look like nothing that's been done before at WDAS and hopefully it will a big success. If the voice cast and the glimpses of the film we've had so far are anything to go by, this film might well turn out to be a classic.

Disney Duster wrote:
He liked nature and organic things, and video games are actually inanimate, they aren't truly alive like animals and humans, they can't live with spirits and die, etc.


I don't want to get into a Disney Essence debate here but it is worth remembering that video games came along quite a while after Walt Disney's time. Disney can't really be accused of doing anything wrong in taking some modern day technology and implementing it into their storytelling.

_________________
We're not going to Guam, are we?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:22 am 
Offline
Limited Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2006 6:07 am
Posts: 1187
Location: Maine
jazzflower92 wrote:
I like that image of that candy level because it looks so good to eat. :o

Ditto. The cotton candy clouds with huge paper cones sticking out of them are such a tease to anyone who isn't a giant.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:43 am 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:02 am
Posts: 11646
Location: America
DisneyAnimation88 wrote:
I don't want to get into a Disney Essence debate here but it is worth remembering that video games came along quite a while after Walt Disney's time. Disney can't really be accused of doing anything wrong in taking some modern day technology and implementing it into their storytelling.

I'm not trying to be kurt but I'm just pointing this out - he had animatronics in his day, but they didn't make movies about that, for example.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:45 am 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:06 am
Posts: 16331
Steve Hulett wrote:
Wandering around the Hat Building (otherwise known as the Roy E. Disney Building), artists have been kind enough to show me some of the props and other handiwork from 'Ralph'. I'm not going to regale you with descriptions here, but since these images have found their way onto the web, I'll take the opportunity to say I think the picture -- based on the visuals -- is gonna be more than okay. I know they are hiring more crew to get it to your local theater this coming November, and we are always pleased when more people are working.
Source: http://animationguildblog.blogspot.com/ ... ck-it.html

Anonymous wrote:
I saw parts of 'Ralph' at an open house and I gotta say it looks pretty great with a much better story than 'Megamind'. And all the cameos from known video game characters is really cool.
Source: http://animationguildblog.blogspot.com/ ... ck-it.html

_________________
ImageImageImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:03 am 
Offline
Collector's Edition
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:50 pm
Posts: 671
Location: Orange County, California
Disney Duster wrote:
My one and only cry that it didn't fit the Disney Essence was that Walt never made movies about things that weren't alive before. He liked nature and organic things, and video games are actually inanimate, they aren't truly alive like animals and humans, they can't live with spirits and die, etc. I'm hoping some kind of Disney magic makes these characters actually be alive. But messing up fairy tales is a lot more obviously Disney Essence ruining than this, so...I'll be more quiet on this one.


I'm guessing you're forgetting Johnny Fedora & Alice Bluebonnett, Pedro, Little Toot, Susie the Little Blue Coupe, and The Little House (those are the ones that come to mind).

Or do those not count because the first three were only part of a movie and the latter three were from shorts and not animated classics?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:11 pm 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:28 am
Posts: 2564
Ahhhhh! You HAD him and then you GAVE him reasons to dismiss them. Gah!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1307 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 66  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 65 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group