Forgotten Disney Media (tv, merch,books, music & more)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
The Disneynerd
Gold Classic Collection

Forgotten Disney Media (tv, merch,books, music & more)

Post by The Disneynerd »

Hey guys! :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: lol I just wanted to do this topic to see what overlooked or forgotten Disney media you all love that might have been forgotten of existence. Everyone of us likes different Disney stuff and I thought it might be cool to collect here. :milkbuds:

For me, There is so much beautiful stuff mostly from disneyland, ESPECIALLY the vintage stuff like the Disneyland storybooks with records and I love how they have written so many beautiful songs just for this! Im obsessed with the "Pretty little golden princess"song from the Puss in Boots book, its so beautiful! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUWottWDxdk&t=436s (song starts at 5:36). What I love about these books is that I Imagine how animated Disney musical movies based on such fairyales might have looked liked like in the 70s I think. They have others like Rumplestilskin, Rapunzel and many more!
I imagine this could have been Rapunzels "When will my life begin" if the movie was made in the 70s. So beautiful https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDSFA7OdSis Disney didnt need to go that hard just for Disneyland storybooks, but they did! :D :milkbuds:
My favourite Disney songs:
๐Ÿ. ๐“Ÿ๐“ช๐“ป๐“ฝ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“ฆ๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ต๐“ญ (๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฝ๐“ต๐“ฎ ๐“œ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ถ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ญ)
๐Ÿ. ๐“ฆ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ ๐“ฒ๐“ท ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ฆ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ผ (๐“ฃ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ต๐“ฎ๐“ญ ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ผ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ฎ๐“ผ)
๐Ÿ‘. Wherever I go (Hannah Montana)๐ŸŽถ :cry:
๐Ÿ’. ๐“Ÿ๐“ป๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ญ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“‘๐“ธ๐”‚ (๐“๐“ต๐“ช๐“ญ๐“ญ๐“ฒ๐“ท)
๐Ÿ“. ๐’ฏ๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐’ž๐“๐’พ๐“‚๐’ท :cry: (๐“—๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“ƒ๐’ถ๐’ฝ ๐“œ๐‘œ๐“ƒ๐“‰๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐’ถ ๐“‚๐‘œ๐“‹๐’พ๐‘’)
& more: 1000 years ( Legend of the Neverbeast),
I'll try (Return to Neverland) :pan: , So close (Enchanted), ๐’ด๐‘œ๐“Šยด๐“๐“ ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐“‹๐‘’๐“‡ ๐“๐‘œ๐“ˆ๐‘’ ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐’พ๐“ˆ ๐“๐‘œ๐“‹๐‘’ (๐’Ÿ๐’พ๐“ˆ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐“Ž ๐’ซ๐“‡๐’พ๐“ƒ๐’ธ๐‘’๐“ˆ๐“ˆ: ๐ธ๐“ƒ๐’ธ๐’ฝ๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“‰๐‘’๐’น ๐’ฏ๐’ถ๐“๐‘’๐“ˆ), I thought I lost you (BOLT), Into the Unknown (Frozen 2) :pink:
carolinakid
Anniversary Edition

Re: Forgotten Disney Media (tv, merch,books, music & more)

Post by carolinakid »

As a kid, I adored the Magic Mirror Stoyteller Disney LPs with the beautiful full page drawing that showed through the mirror.
Inside, the booklet was illustrated with actual stills from the films, as opposed to drawings. This was the time before home video so it was my only opportunity to see actual images from the films between theatrical rereleases.
I had many of the albums. I think the last one I purchased was of The Fox and the Hound. Of course by then the format had changed and the albums werenโ€™t as beautiful as the ones produced in the 1960s.
My favorites in the classic Magic Mirror style were:
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
Pinocchio
Bambi
Cinderella
Alice in Wonderland
Peter Pan
Lady and the Tramp
D23ExpoVisitor25
Special Edition

Post by D23ExpoVisitor25 »

Does Meet the Robinsons count?
The Disneynerd
Gold Classic Collection

Post by The Disneynerd »

carolinakid wrote: โ†‘Mon Nov 27, 2023 8:11 am As a kid, I adored the Magic Mirror Stoyteller Disney LPs with the beautiful full page drawing that showed through the mirror.
Inside, the booklet was illustrated with actual stills from the films, as opposed to drawings. This was the time before home video so it was my only opportunity to see actual images from the films between theatrical rereleases.
I had many of the albums. I think the last one I purchased was of The Fox and the Hound. Of course by then the format had changed and the albums werenโ€™t as beautiful as the ones produced in the 1960s.
My favorites in the classic Magic Mirror style were:
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
Pinocchio
Bambi
Cinderella
Alice in Wonderland
Peter Pan
Lady and the Tramp
I just looked them up. They look lovely :)
D23ExpoVisitor25 wrote: โ†‘Mon Nov 27, 2023 11:05 am Does Meet the Robinsons count?
Yes!!!! Such an underrated movie, gonna watch it again soon :milkbuds:
๐Ÿ. ๐“Ÿ๐“ช๐“ป๐“ฝ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“ฆ๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ต๐“ญ (๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฝ๐“ต๐“ฎ ๐“œ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ถ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ญ)
๐Ÿ. ๐“ฆ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ ๐“ฒ๐“ท ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ฆ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ผ (๐“ฃ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ต๐“ฎ๐“ญ ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ผ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ฎ๐“ผ)
๐Ÿ’. ๐“Ÿ๐“ป๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ญ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“‘๐“ธ๐”‚ (๐“๐“ต๐“ช๐“ญ๐“ญ๐“ฒ๐“ท)
๐Ÿ“. ๐’ฏ๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐’ž๐“๐’พ๐“‚๐’ท :cry: (๐“—๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“ƒ๐’ถ๐’ฝ ๐“œ๐‘œ๐“ƒ๐“‰๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐’ถ ๐“‚๐‘œ๐“‹๐’พ๐‘’)
I'll try (Return to Neverland) :pan: , So close (Enchanted), ๐’ด๐‘œ๐“Šยด๐“๐“ ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐“‹๐‘’๐“‡ ๐“๐‘œ๐“ˆ๐‘’ ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐’พ๐“ˆ ๐“๐‘œ๐“‹๐‘’ (๐’Ÿ๐’พ๐“ˆ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐“Ž ๐’ซ๐“‡๐’พ๐“ƒ๐’ธ๐‘’๐“ˆ๐“ˆ: ๐ธ๐“ƒ๐’ธ๐’ฝ๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“‰๐‘’๐’น ๐’ฏ๐’ถ๐“๐‘’๐“ˆ), I thought I lost you (BOLT), Into the Unknown (Frozen 2) :pink:
D23ExpoVisitor25
Special Edition

Post by D23ExpoVisitor25 »

The Disneynerd wrote: โ†‘Mon Nov 27, 2023 12:56 pm
D23ExpoVisitor25 wrote: โ†‘Mon Nov 27, 2023 11:05 am Does Meet the Robinsons count?
Yes!!!! Such an underrated movie, gonna watch it again soon :milkbuds:
I actually rewatched Meet the Robinsons in full for the first time since I saw it (and the Mickey Mouse short Boat Builders) back in 2007.

Such an underrated masterpiece that Disney of today could really use as a moral compass for after the failure of Wish at the box office in its opening weekend.
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

I absolutely loved some of the Disney concept albums from the early 90s that were produced with original songs.

The first one that comes to mind is The Little Mermaid: Songs From the Sea. While obviously written and marketed for little girls, itโ€™s quite a charming narration of a simple story. Ariel finds a message in a bottle from a little girl asking what itโ€™s like to be a mermaid, and she decides to write a reply.

Several original actors returned from the film to perform the songs, including Kenneth Mars, Buddy Hackett, Samuel E. Write, and of course Jodi Benson.
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by blackcauldron85 »

I loved DTV when I was little, usually oldies songs paired with clips of Disney shorts (maybe of features too? I don't remember) on the Disney Channel between shows.
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

blackcauldron85 wrote: โ†‘Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:13 pm I loved DTV when I was little, usually oldies songs paired with clips of Disney shorts (maybe of features too? I don't remember) on the Disney Channel between shows.
I loved those too! I used to try to stay up late to catch them since they were often used as filler close to midnight. I also loved the handful of themed TV specials that aired on NBC back in 1986-87:

DTV Valentine (later renamed DTV Romancinโ€™)
DTV Monster Hits (for Halloween)
DTV Doggone Valentine (romantic dog videos, because why not)

Lots of detailed information about the Disney Channel DTV segments can be found here.
Patricier21
Special Edition

Post by Patricier21 »

Disney interactive :-) seriously, they made so many great movie based games, that they alone prove why movie based video games are the most underrated media ever! :-)

some of my favourites include:
Tarzan action game
Toy story 2 Buzz lightyear to the rescue action game
102 dalmatians puppies to the rescue
Disneyโ€™s dinosaur action game
A bugs life action game
Monsters Inc. scare Island/scream team
The emperors new groove action game
The first three harry potter PC games (not Disney interactive, but still :-)

and of course, the activity centre computer games:
A bugs life active play
The lion king II: simbaโ€˜s pride active play
Tarzan activity centre
Toy story 2 Activity centre

Of course, even though it has its own major Fanbase, was truly near and dear to the kingdom of my heart: Kingdom hearts! :-)

Does anyone else have any fond memories or favourites from the Disney interactive computer/PC or other games? :-)
Patricier21
Special Edition

Post by Patricier21 »

Disney interactive :-) seriously, they made so many great movie based games, that they alone prove why movie based video games are the most underrated media ever! :-)

some of my favourites include:
Tarzan action game
Toy story 2 Buzz lightyear to the rescue action game
102 dalmatians puppies to the rescue
Disneyโ€™s dinosaur action game
A bugs life action game
Monsters Inc. scare Island/scream team
The emperors new groove action game
The first three harry potter PC games (not Disney interactive, but still :-)

and of course, the activity centre computer games:
A bugs life active play
The lion king II: simbaโ€˜s pride active play
Tarzan activity centre
Toy story 2 Activity centre

Disney even went into Lego, Alongside The Lego Harry Potters, they had Lego pirates the Caribbean, Lego Incredibles which had other Pixar characters, and I truly wish they would do more :-)

Of course, even though it has its own major Fanbase, was truly near and dear to the kingdom of my heart: Kingdom hearts! :-)

Does anyone else have any fond memories or favourites from the Disney interactive computer/PC or other games? :-)
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Patricier21 wrote: โ†‘Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:23 pm Does anyone else have any fond memories or favourites from the Disney interactive computer/PC or other games? :-)
There is a CD-Rom that I had since I was a kid; I think it came with the Windows 95 computer...? It was a sampler disk of TLK & THoND computer games. The TLK games really were more like previews than full games, which was annoying, but the THoND games worked and I loved them. I'm pretty sure I still have the disc...
carolinakid
Anniversary Edition

Post by carolinakid »

Walt Disney Comics Digest 1968-1976.
I loved this monthly magazine that contained reprints of the classic Mickey Mouse/Donald Duck/Uncle Scrooge comics and beautifully illustrated comic versions of the animated classics. Lots of old stories set in Disneyland and new stories set in the early days of Walt Disney World. I have every issue except # 1. And I absolutely treasure them.
The Disneynerd
Gold Classic Collection

Post by The Disneynerd »

Just looked it up, The WDCD look really cool! And I like the concept of envolving Disneyland in a few stories! :)
Patricier21 wrote: โ†‘Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:23 pm Does anyone else have any fond memories or favourites from the Disney interactive computer/PC or other games?
YES! I still sometimes play Disney Infinity! I really like this game and this was such a clever thing to make a game with all Disney characters, although its sometimes a bit boring as there is no real goal but still. I still need like Baymax and Phineas and Perry. Such a bummer that DI 4.0 got Cancelled, we could have gotten Moana, Beast and more :oops: