DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 423 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:18 pm 
Offline
In The Vaults
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 6:19 am
Posts: 2704
Disney's Divinity wrote:
Why is something posted in the Brave topic the hot-topic discussion of the Mort thread, seriously?


Although you're right, Disney Duster brought it up here, not me or anyone else.

Disney's Divinity wrote:
What is it to you whether or not he is any of those things? To be honest, you’re coming across that way yourself by dragging on something that was posted, what, a week and a half ago?


Like I said above, Disney Duster brought it up, not me (or at least, brought my reaction to it up).

Disney's Divinity wrote:
He does have the same right to post anything he wants just like everyone else does, stupid or not, and at the very least nothing he said was offensive or cruel to anyone. Unlike everything I’m reading here. Of course, people can respond/discuss/etc., but it seems like there’s more focus on how ‘stupid’ something was said than what was actually being said.


Yes, Disney Duster has the same right (although, really, we made rights up for our own gain) as anyone else to post anything he wants to, but remember that everyone else has the right to focus on what he said and praise it or criticise it; that's part of discussion. And obviously, I criticised.

Besides, what was Disney Duster doing in the first place? Criticising another poster's comment! You know, like the thing I did that you don't approve of, and the thing you've been doing to me.

Also, I don't understand what you mean by saying there's more of a focus on how 'stupid' something was said rather than what was being said; to focus on what was actually being said, you would have to voice an opinion, and that's what I've been doing, by talking about how silly I think Disney Duster's comment was.

And if you're going to continue criticising me for hurting Disney Duster's feelings, I've already apologised (in case you hadn't read the post where I did that or had forgotten).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:22 pm 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:02 am
Posts: 11287
Location: America
About the off-topicness, I agree that because a certain someone has been rather mean to me, that this is getting off-topic, but I want to resolve this. But originally it was about whether Mort fit the Disney studio (and the Disney essence : )).

Disney's Divinity, man, you are a really good person for stepping in and trying to help and defend someone like me who isn't really being helped by many other people, and who you sometimes even get mad at yourself, but are still helping when you think it's right! You're a great member. Thank you.

LySs wrote:
I'm going to agree with Goliath.

Look, I find it hurtful sometimes when I hear negative comments about my favorite films.
But I don't make a big stink about it and ask "please take back what you said about Pocahontas, it really hurts me that you dissed my favorite Disney movie".

Well, you aren't me...

I will have to explain this in the other thread I bet but basically:

Someone said something that hurt me, so I asked someone if they may change their mind, while also providing an explanation that I thought might make them naturally re-think what they said and actually want to change their mind considering the thoughts I provided. If they didn't, I would have just let it alone after that.

Dr Frankenollie, yes, those things are not fairy tales, but something you may not understood is I was talking about the things Disney has done so many times and that are in common with their work to find what it was about Disney that linked those things. Another aspect of Disney that is in common with those things is the idea of classic and fantastic stories. Legends and fairy tales are similar to each other. Fantasy and adventure go hand in hand. Hence things like the almost mythical Davy Crockett and Zorro. Though to be honest, and it's okay if you get mad because I didn't point this out, but I was focusing on what the main part of the Disney company usually did, and that is their Disney films, mainly their Disney Animated Classics, because that's how this started, it was bout the idea of the Disney Classics being said to feel like a movie by a different studio. I feel Disney's live-action television and films were a little looser with the Disney essence to appeal to wider audiences and experiment. But none of this matters because the topic of issue was the Disney classic feel which isn't the same as their television (no one calls them Disney classics that I know of).

What you say about animals makes sense, and I even agree to an extent, but that's not all there is. The animals are also indicative of what Disney is about specifically: things that are cute and innocent, part of nature, and yet, are fantasy (they can talk and act like humans that they couldn't really do in real life). Those are hallmarks of what Disney is.

As for how you treated me, using words like stupid or idiotic even to my posts is still going to hurt me, so it's basically the same as saying am those things. And of course, who a person is is always debatable but one conjecture is that what you do, even what you post, has to you, you know, have something to do with who you are, so attacking and insulting my posts can also be attacking me and I'd say that's what you were doing.

Since I never did such a thing to you, and even apologized for the one time I said you were a stupid jerk which I clearly thought you were but still apologized anyway, if you really take back your apology, it just confirms to me what other people here like DDivinity realize: that you are rather a jerk, and I will be very happy knowing that I am better than you in the specific way you are being this kind of jerk. I have not done the same mean things to you that you have done to me. Even you must admit "being melodramatic" in someone's opinion is not the very same as calling someone's posts stupid which you did for a fact.

But if you don't take back your apology, I will thank you, and think so much more highly of you.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:09 pm 
Offline
In The Vaults
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 6:19 am
Posts: 2704
Look, Disney Duster. I'm not going to remove my apology, not because I care about what you think of me, not because I think I've been mean and definitely not because I agree with you-but because I'm sorry if I've hurt your feelings.

Now that we've got that out of the way...I have decided to start a new topic, on whether or not there is a Disney Essence, and whether it's the essence as you see it or how I see it. I don't think we should argue in the Mort or Brave threads anymore, so hopefully we can settle all this once and for all (and when I say that, I don't just mean between you and me, because I know you've argued with others about this in the past). Obviously, we can quote things we've both said in the Mort and Brave threads to do with your Disney Essence theory as well.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:32 pm 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:53 pm
Posts: 3515
PatrickvD wrote:
Goliath wrote:
Disney Duster wrote:
No, I was asking them if they would please change it because it hurt me.

OMG, someone saying Brave looks like "old Disney" *HURTS* you?????!!!!!!! I gotta agree with Dr. Frankenollie: that is stupid.


It's not stupid.

It's unintentionally hilarious.... I mean, Disney really hurt my feelings when they spat in the face of Walt and made dreck like Cinderella II.... who do I see for that? I want a formal apology, because my feelings were hurt.

:roll:


Actually, I think my feelings were hurt when they promised a hand-drawn film every two years, but it turns out that they lied to us about it! :(


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:51 pm 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:02 am
Posts: 11287
Location: America
Dr Frankenollie wrote:
Look, Disney Duster. I'm not going to remove my apology, not because I care about what you think of me, not because I think I've been mean and definitely not because I agree with you-but because I'm sorry if I've hurt your feelings.

This actually makes you great for that. Thank you.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:18 pm 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:35 pm
Posts: 4749
Location: The Netherlands
Disney's Divinity wrote:
He does have the same right to post anything he wants just like everyone else does, stupid or not, and at the very least nothing he said was offensive or cruel to anyone. Unlike everything I’m reading here.

I disagree. Disney Duster is mean and insulting to other forum members, not by actually calling them names, but by constantly belitteling them; purposefully misrepresenting them to make it look like they agreed with him, while they did not; acting like other members are just too stupid to understand his posts and/or the 'Disney Essence'. So yes, formally, he didn't call anybody names, but that doesn't mean he's not insulting an awful lot of people.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:22 am 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:02 am
Posts: 11287
Location: America
Well, I can tell you that I didn't mean to hurt or insult or belittle or misrepresent anyone here or act like they are stupid, either, so you've heard it here from the man himself that I didn't do those things, but I apologize if I did hurt anyone seemingly in those ways Goliath said. I never intended to.

I have a feeling some of this is linked to when I say that people don't understand me. I suppose that some people may assume that I am trying to belittle them? But that is, of course, an assumption. I genuinely mean that I don't think people understand me all the time, which can actually even be an unfortunate problem I would have to fix as well as anyone else, but I can't always figure out the words to explain what I am always talking about. But not understanding someone doesn't automatically equal anyone being inferior in any way.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:21 pm 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:06 am
Posts: 15601
Honor Hunter wrote:
Presuming that another film gets released that year, it is likely to be the new hand-drawn film from John Musker and Ron Clements. And no, I'm not talking "Mort" as the rights to that would have required the Mouse to purchase the entire series, which it didn't want to commit to. So this new project is something else that the duo has pitched Lasseter. All that is known, is that it will be hand-drawn.
Source: http://blueskydisney.blogspot.com/2011/ ... -road.html

_________________
ImageImageImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:29 pm 
Offline
Gold Collection
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:08 pm
Posts: 164
Location: Somewhere
Sotiris wrote:
Untitled Road...
http://blueskydisney.blogspot.com/2011/ ... -road.html

Quote:
Presuming that another film gets released that year, it is likely to be the new hand-drawn film from John Musker and Ron Clements. And no, I'm not talking "Mort" as the rights to that would have required the Mouse to purchase the entire series, which it didn't want to commit to. So this new project is something else that the duo has pitched Lasseter. All that is known, is that it will be hand-drawn.

That's a real shame because "Mort" has such an unique premise, and it would been something new that Disney could have tackled.

Oh well, hey Dreamworks! Interested in another book series?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:42 pm 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:26 pm
Posts: 12457
Well, it does make sense to not want the rights to the whole series. If I'm not mistaken, they had the rights to all five in the Chronicles of Prydain series (The Black Cauldron), which they never used for even live-action films or made-for-TV stuff. Kind of dumb, honestly.

It would be amazing to imagine Disney animating a book series (5 films for 5 books, for example), but Disney's too indefinite for that.

_________________
Image
Listening to most often lately:
Aida OBC ~ "My Strongest Suit"
Aida OBC ~ "Written in the Stars"
Aida OBC ~ "I Know the Truth"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:23 am 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2004 11:47 am
Posts: 4649
Location: UK
Disney's Divinity wrote:
Well, it does make sense to not want the rights to the whole series. If I'm not mistaken, they had the rights to all five in the Chronicles of Prydain series (The Black Cauldron), which they never used for even live-action films or made-for-TV stuff. Kind of dumb, honestly.


They did, however, combine elements of each Prydain book into The Black Cauldron. Although not the same, one could compare it to Disney sticking elements of Through the Looking Glass into the finished Alice in Wonderland, or combining various elements of Margery Sharp's Bernard and Bianca stories into The Rescuers. Disney was also a much different company back in the 80s than it is now, and they probably bought the rights to all five books as they had every intention to loosely adapt elements of all five works into one film, anyway. Plus, the Chronicles of Prydain only consisted of five books. The Discworld series consists of just under 40 books, and that's not counting guide books and complimentary short stories (presuming they would have to be part of the deal too).

_________________
-Joe

Blog | Deviantart


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:10 pm 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:06 am
Posts: 15601
Although this may be old news, at least now we're certain that Mort is not the new Clements/Musker film.

Quote:
Q: Are the projects in development coming along? Frozen, King of the Elves, Mort?

Steve Hulett: Some are coming along. Others not. (Mort's rights were never secured by the Big Mouse.)
Source: http://animationguildblog.blogspot.com/ ... t-diz.html

_________________
ImageImageImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:28 pm 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:02 am
Posts: 11287
Location: America
Sotiris you are just amazingly on top of things. Finding out things wherever it is. Impressive.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:07 pm 
Offline
Limited Edition
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:15 am
Posts: 1025
Location: NETHERLANDS, THE
Sotiris, beautiful stuffReal interesting to see that 2-d is still part of the new line-up! Can't wait to find out further!

_________________
When it comes to brains, I got the lion-share,
but when it comes to bruth strength, I'm afraid I'm at the shallow end of the gene pool
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:09 pm 
Offline
Limited Edition
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:07 pm
Posts: 1045
Another possible Disney movie bites the dust.Man,its joining the ranks of the greatiest cancelled Disney movies. :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:58 pm 
Offline
Special Edition

Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:06 pm
Posts: 418
Wonderlicious wrote:
Disney's Divinity wrote:
Well, it does make sense to not want the rights to the whole series. If I'm not mistaken, they had the rights to all five in the Chronicles of Prydain series (The Black Cauldron), which they never used for even live-action films or made-for-TV stuff. Kind of dumb, honestly.


They did, however, combine elements of each Prydain book into The Black Cauldron.


Not really. Black Cauldron is only a mashup of the first two books


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:09 pm 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:06 am
Posts: 15601
Musker confirms that the reason they had to cancel Mort was because they weren't being able to secure the rights.

John Musker wrote:
After The Prince and the Frog, we developed a project for a year, based on a book we eventually couldn't get the rights to.
Source: http://www.awn.com/animationworld/irasc ... talk-moana

_________________
ImageImageImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:34 pm 
Offline
Limited Edition

Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:00 pm
Posts: 1088
I'm still disappointed that we won't get to see Disney adapt this book. I've read it several times and I think that it has the potential to make a great film and it would have been something different from the films that Clements and Musker have made in the past.

I'm still hoping that King of the Elves is in production; I haven't seen anything that says it has been cancelled but I might have missed something. It's a good story that mixes modern and classical elements and it could make a great film and be something a bit different from the usual Disney fare.

_________________
We're not going to Guam, are we?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:52 pm 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:53 pm
Posts: 3515
REINIER wrote:
Sotiris, beautiful stuffReal interesting to see that 2-d is still part of the new line-up! Can't wait to find out further!


You sure that it's still part of the line-up? I really am hoping for more hand-drawn films and I'm sure I'm not the only one.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:10 am 
Offline
Limited Edition

Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:07 pm
Posts: 1812
But I thought that project was cancelled. :?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 423 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 66 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group