The Disney Movie Rewards Discussion & Info Thread Vol. 3

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
The Lizard King
Special Edition

Post by The Lizard King »

disneyguy wrote:New Code if you haven't used it for 5 pts

W7KY65NH3B
I used it and got 5 points. Thanks. My question is WHERE did you get the code? :?

TLK :cool:
Patrick
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Patrick »

I have 5640 points and no interest in getting anything, really. :lol: I'm sure something will come up!
Matt
Anniversary Edition

Post by Matt »

I have 4500 thus far. I still gotta add prince of persia and TBC. :D
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

I've got three DVDs (including combos) I haven't entered yet (Frog, Persia, Cauldron). I guess I could go ahead and enter the code for Cauldron since it's only 75 points. But I'm holding off on the combos for a double points day. I'm just hoping that they'll do one where the limit isn't just three codes. I can't remember, the first one they did last year, that one was limited to 10 codes right?

Well, we're in the last week of September now, and I guess we won't know of any Christmas promos for at least another 8 weeks. I haven't gone on the Facebook page lately, any announcements there?
AliceinWonderland
Gold Classic Collection

Post by AliceinWonderland »

Ive been waiting for the double days too
last year it was nov 5th (10 codes) and dec 9th (3 codes)
I think the second one was a let down for a lot of people because there wasnt a lot of new titles in between the bonus days and the huge jump from 10 codes to 3
johns

Post by johns »

I recieved a message on DMR about saving $10 on Toy Story 3 by preordering at select retailers. It said to check my inbox for an email about it. Has anyone recieved this?
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

johns wrote:I recieved a message on DMR about saving $10 on Toy Story 3 by preordering at select retailers. It said to check my inbox for an email about it. Has anyone recieved this?
Nope. Not yet. A coupon for pre-ordering? They really are playing us with the coupons now. Why don't they just give us a regular coupon to use in-store, and then there's the reduced Prince of Persia coupon that was $8 instead of $10. :scratch:

:excellent:
ValenciaJoe
Gold Classic Collection

Post by ValenciaJoe »

Speaking of those DMR Blu-ray coupons.... my local Best Buy in Valencia California will no longer honor them. I have always had problems at that store when the scanners tried to "read" the coupon. The sales clerk always had to call over a manager to enter a discount override. Well, the last coupon that I used was the $8 for Prince of Persia. I went there to use the $10 coupon for Tinker Bell and the manager there informed me that they (Best Buy) will no longer honor the Disney coupons because they are "home printed" and not produced by Disney. He claims that Disney will not reimburse them for the coupon because it is a "home printed" coupon. I told him that this is how Disney distributes them (through a print-at-home link in the coupon), and that it sounds awfully strange that Disney would reimburse them. After some discussion, he did discount the Tinker Bell blu-ray by $10, but did say that future coupons will not be honored.
It's more fun when we're number 1!
Maerj
Collector's Edition

Post by Maerj »

I had to go to 2 Best Buys to get them to take the Prince of Persia coupon and they still gave us a hard time. The first one said they wouldn't take it because it was on sale already (lie it was the opening week price) and when I told them to forget it entirely they even wanted to KEEP the Disney coupon! I had to pull it out of the manager's hand! Its a shame a major retailer has to act like that.
magicalwands
Collector's Edition

Post by magicalwands »

Maerj wrote:I had to pull it out of the manager's hand! Its a shame a major retailer has to act like that.
Wow! What in the world is he/she planning to do with the coupon is my question. When you reached out to grab it, did they hesitate or move back a bit?

Mini rant: What gets me is the stupid things corporate has taught their employees. My cousin worked at In-n-out, and in training they told her to fill up the boxes of fries to the brim, never more, to save money. She couldn't care less and stuffed them with fries.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

When I walked into wal-mart you know how at the entrance of the security monitor thing has advertised of a movies or games and anyway they had something that makes me fear Wal-Mart might not honor the coupon, because it says exclusive at wal-mart a voucher to see Tangled...I'm planning on going to wal-mart at midnight because the employees are more really down to earth and will try the coupon at least at my local wal-mart as oppossed to during the day when it's a toss up....they could use the since it has a tangled ticket offer they could use that as excuse....since theirs is an exlusive differ from the coupon....and price matching is out if it has a wal-mart exclusive......we'll see what happens I guess. I'm pretty sure i'll have better luck if I go at midnight to use the coupon.....

Also just so my Asperger Syndrome doesn't get into an arguement...i'll be avoiding best buy when using a coupon from the internet. I can see the headline now,

Customer goes into a beastly rage when Best Buy says no can do on coupon for BATB on Blu Ray
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
littlefuzzy
Anniversary Edition

Post by littlefuzzy »

Has anyone received Your Host Walt Disney, or another WD Treasure from them? I just saw that Your Host was on there, and that is one I missed out on! I don't want to jump in until I find out if it is exactly the same as the regular "limited edition" DVD in the Tin.
DarthPrime
Collector's Edition

Post by DarthPrime »

Hopefully my Best Buy will honor the Beauty and the Beast coupon. I've already preordered for the exclusive case. The coupons never scan, but I have never had a problem using a coupon.
MJW
Special Edition

Post by MJW »

disneyboy20022 wrote:I'm planning on going to wal-mart...
Me too, and this is the first time I am going on release day, so I've never attempted to use one of these coupons before. I'm expecting the worst, but who knows? The worst that can happen is they won't accept it and I'll either just try to get it at another Walmart or wait forever and buy it on eBay for less than full price. :lol:
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

Maybe it'll be good to hear that I've never had any problems with Wal-mart accepting the printed-out coupons. I can't say the same for Best Buy, Toys R Us, or Target, all of which I've had various issues with.

In fact, the only issue I've had at Wal-mart was when I picked up the new Tinker Bell set last week, but it wasn't over accepting the coupon. I told the cashier ahead of time that I had one, but as I went to hand it to her at the end of the transaction she looked panicked; since I'd already put my debit card through she'd finished the transaction before taking it! She apologized profusely, especially after seeing it was for $10, and sent me to the customer service desk. Although it meant waiting in another line, they gave me a cash refund on the coupon. :)
Lorddh
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Lorddh »

I used the coupon for JATGP at Bestbuy, and I didn't have trouble. The only thing that happened was that the girl had to call someone else because she didnt know if they took manu coupons, and the other cashier said of course we do and got my discount. I haven't used any at Target nor Walmart, since that was my first time I used and found out of these amaziing coupons :p anyway, this was back in Orlando, Florida and I just moved to Illinois, so lets hope my new Bestbuy wont give me problems. Though I'm going to which ever has the best price on release day!!!! excited!!!
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

littlefuzzy wrote:Has anyone received Your Host Walt Disney, or another WD Treasure from them? I just saw that Your Host was on there, and that is one I missed out on! I don't want to jump in until I find out if it is exactly the same as the regular "limited edition" DVD in the Tin.
yeah, I got "Your Host" a few months ago. it's the Treasures DVD.

anway, I'll be picking my copy up at Toysrus on tuesday, considering that Monday at midnight would be way too far to walk, and I wouldnt expect my parents to drive me anywhere at that late hour.
littlefuzzy
Anniversary Edition

Post by littlefuzzy »

ajmrowland wrote:
littlefuzzy wrote:Has anyone received Your Host Walt Disney, or another WD Treasure from them? I just saw that Your Host was on there, and that is one I missed out on! I don't want to jump in until I find out if it is exactly the same as the regular "limited edition" DVD in the Tin.
yeah, I got "Your Host" a few months ago. it's the Treasures DVD.
That's cool, it came with the tin and everything (mini-posters, certificate of authenticity)?

I'm going to have to order that one, It's the only one I'm missing from that wave, and I've got a bunch of points lying around.
Coolmanio
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Coolmanio »

littlefuzzy wrote:
ajmrowland wrote: yeah, I got "Your Host" a few months ago. it's the Treasures DVD.
That's cool, it came with the tin and everything (mini-posters, certificate of authenticity)?

I'm going to have to order that one, It's the only one I'm missing from that wave, and I've got a bunch of points lying around.
Yeah, I ordered one, and It came with everything a new Treasure would come with. Tin, certificate, and mini-poster.
Coolmanio
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Coolmanio »

9 New Beauty and the Beast prizes available!!!!

"First Date" Limited Edition Artwork By Paige O'Hara - 12,000 Points
"Belle's In Love" Limited Edition Artwork By Paige O'Hara - 12,000 Points
Meet Paige O'Hara, The Voice of Belle - 0 Points
Lumiere and Cogsworth Plush Set - 575 Points
Beast Sox And Color-Your-Own Pillow Case Set - 775 Points
Belle Sox And Color-Your-Own Pillow Case Set - 775 Points
Beauty And The Beast Kids Messenger Bag - 650 Points
"Beauty And The Beast" Keepsakes Box - 925 Points
"Beauty And The Beast" 4-Lithograph Set - 1075 Points