DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 931 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Toy Story 4
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:00 pm 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:29 pm
Posts: 3210
Kyle wrote:
I thought toy story had luxo jr? Probably wrong though.

The /Film article reported this.
Quote:
Slate reports that Pixar is breaking its own long-held tradition of airing an animated short film in front of its next feature film, Toy Story 4. That makes it the first Pixar movie to hit theaters without a preceding short film since the original Toy Story in 1995, though that was later paired with the Oscar-winning short Tin Toy on its home video releases.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Toy Story 4
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:54 am 
Offline
Collector's Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 19, 2018 4:09 pm
Posts: 660
I saw the film and thought it was really good. I liked it better than the third one and possibly even the first two.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Toy Story 4
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:16 pm 
Offline
Collector's Edition
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:50 pm
Posts: 649
Location: Orange County, California
When they announced TS4 at D23 two years ago I immediately asked myself, “Dowe REALLY need another Toy Story movie?” After seeing the film this afternoon, I’m left with the same question.

It’s not a bad film by any stretch of the imagination. There are some funny moments and a few tug at your heart moments too, but honestly I felt like I’d seen most of the story elements before in other Toy Story installments (just with different characters).

I’m sure it will do well financially and it probably will win the academy award and all of that, but I’m left with the the overwhelming sense that some people mistake nostalgia for greatness. And I am resigned to the probability that in 30 years, I will be taking my grandkids to see Toy Story 14.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Toy Story 4
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:53 pm 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:54 am
Posts: 12506
I think TS3 remains my favorite Pixar film, but TS4 is amazing and I'm glad they made it! Forky is great, funny, storyline with heart, and I really liked Gabby Gabby. I had read the spoilers, so I knew her arc, but I really liked how it played out, and she's adorable. Besides Forky, Buttercup stole the show for me!! I'm glad Buttercup, Dolly, and Trixie had some importance here; I wish Mr. Pricklepants had more screentime. I need more closure for Buzz and Woody. I ugly cried so much starting right before the goodbyes throughout the goodbyes. I'm proud of Buzz in the movie, finding his inner voice and knowing that Woody would be happiest with Bo. I want more Giggle, too- she's funny! I loved it!

*edit* I also wanted to add that I was really disappointed in the songs. The only low point for me. My husband said the only low point for him was when Andy went outside looking for Woody...he figured that was a weird place to look...but in my opinion, Woody ended up being there!

‘Toy Story 4’ Lines Up Biggest Promo Push For Disney Animation Title At $150M With Chrysler, Go RVing, McDonald’s & More
https://deadline.com/2019/06/toy-story- ... 202636485/

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Toy Story 4
PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:36 pm 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:29 pm
Posts: 3210
Wow, just came back from watching it and I absolutely loved it! I'm not good at ranking films so I don't know where I'd place this amongst the four films, but I pretty much love them equally. The ending was bittersweet of course but I suppose part of me suspects that in another decade, we'll get a Toy Story 5 which reunites Woody with the gang. I do wish that the original toys had more screentime since they felt barely present but at least Dolly, Trixie, and Buttercup got some great scenes. For some reason, Pricklepants didn't even come on the road trip and I missed his presence, especially when all the toys say goodbye to Woody. Forky was hilarious and a great addition and I liked the new toys at the carnival as well. I could easily see some more Toy Story Toons based on these characters. Also loved the easter eggs and other references to the Halloween and Christmas specials.

Also maybe it's because they screened the Frozen teaser before the film, but I never noticed the resemblance between Bo Peep's redesign and Elsa. I'm curious if anyone else felt that Bo Peep feels modeled after Elsa, at least facially.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Toy Story 4
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:44 am 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 4:44 pm
Posts: 2663
Location: Sarajevo, B&H Gender: Male
I liked the movie, its messages and the bittersweet ending, I just felt the execution was a bit clunky. I didn't like how they made Buzz dumber for some reason, or the fact that Gabby Gabby was redeemed so easily after a quite severe act of physical violence, nor was I convinced Bonnie was *that* young to care so much about a weird "toy" ike Forky (who was somewhat annoying btw and all the trash gags got old quickly). I felt like they could have accomplished the same if he was just a new, "regular" toy.

But the good outweigh the bad, I suppose. The realization that you're growing old and fears of becoming useless are inherent to us all, and I think the filmmakers did a great job conveying that. And the love story was really touching. I understand why they tweaked Bo's design, the range of emotions they gave her and which are visible on her face would have been tough to pull off with the old design. (Speaking of which, the movie looks absolutely beautiful and next to it the original looks positively ancient, so can we please get a re-render of it in the future? I may or may not be kidding.) But anyway, the love story. The look she gives in the beginning when she realizes Woody cares more about staying with Andy than leaving with her... Heartbreaking. I experienced something similar recently so my emotions may have been heightened, but man, did that make me tear up.

In an ideal but cliched world, all the toys would leave together with Bonnie, but this felt more realistic and thus more poignant. So even though the optimist in me would have liked that, the realist in me really appreciated the ending. But like JeanGreyForever, I too think they set up enough clues for an eventual TS5 (i.e. Bo clearly looks back fondly on her times with Molly and I'm not completely convinced she really enjoys being a lost toy) so a future reunion may not be out of the question. But I really loved the reunion scenes between Bo and Buzz and especially Bo and Jessie.

And I'm a bit annoyed that the sheep's hoof didn't get fixed after breaking (maybe it happens off-screen).

I don't know how I'd rank it among the four movies. TS2 is still on top for me, TS3 comes second, and it's TS1 and TS4 battling for the third spot. But they're all either good or amazing. I'd have to give the whole series another watch to make up my mind.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Toy Story 4
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:42 pm 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:29 pm
Posts: 3210
Mooky wrote:
I liked the movie, its messages and the bittersweet ending, I just felt the execution was a bit clunky. I didn't like how they made Buzz dumber for some reason, or the fact that Gabby Gabby was redeemed so easily after a quite severe act of physical violence, nor was I convinced Bonnie was *that* young to care so much about a weird "toy" ike Forky (who was somewhat annoying btw and all the trash gags got old quickly). I felt like they could have accomplished the same if he was just a new, "regular" toy.

To be fair, Buzz was never the smartest toy in the room. The whole first film is about him not recognizing that he's a toy which seems something exclusive to Buzz Lightyears and the rest of the films always have a shtick to knock him out of commission like being replaced with the utility belt Buzz or going into demo and then Spanish modes. He does feel sidelined in this film, but this was very clearly Woody's story, even moreso than the rest of the films were. I've heard some people say that Toy Story 3 was the ending for all the main toys except Woody and this film is what brings closure to his story.

I actually really liked the take on Gabby Gabby. When she was first introduced, I was afraid she'd be a rehash of Stinky Pete or Lotso but she really shouldn't even be characterized as a villain as much as an antagonist and I really felt for her, moreso than any other Toy Story villain. Her story was especially moving to me when she reminds Woody of all the joyous moments he's shared with Andy and how even though that life will eventually end, she would give anything to just experience even one of those moments. I almost wish she had gone home with Bonnie at the end so she could have joined the main cast and we could continue to see her journey.

Mooky wrote:
(Speaking of which, the movie looks absolutely beautiful and next to it the original looks positively ancient, so can we please get a re-render of it in the future? I may or may not be kidding.) But anyway, the love story. The look she gives in the beginning when she realizes Woody cares more about staying with Andy than leaving with her... Heartbreaking. I experienced something similar recently so my emotions may have been heightened, but man, did that make me tear up.

I forgot to mention how gorgeous the film's animation is. The rain in the opening scene really is life-like and the chandelier scene later on is breathtaking. I would never think that a dusty and dingy old antique shop would ever be an attractive place to be, but the cinematography of the location makes it really enticing, even with the almost horror movie vibes. I thought it was jarring to jump from The Incredibles to Incredibles 2 because of the increase in animation quality, but that's nothing compared to the first Toy Story to this one. There's been discussions here on re-rendering the first two Toy Story films and I honestly think that wouldn't be a bad idea if they looked even half as good as this one.

That scene where Bo and Woody are separated at the beginning was really heartrending and ironically enough, I felt more emotions at the end when Woody is walking away from Bo than I did when he's saying goodbye to the rest of the toys, despite already knowing that he's going to stick with Bo. Maybe it's the romantic in me or maybe it's because of how rushed the final goodbye is. I'm just glad that besides Buzz, Woody gets a special goodbye with Jessie and how Bullseye is the first to join in then, especially since Bullseye is hardly even present in the film. I just realized that even in the film's teaser, he was absent which is a far cry from Toy Story 2 when he was one of the main parts of the marketing.

Mooky wrote:
In an ideal but cliched world, all the toys would leave together with Bonnie, but this felt more realistic and thus more poignant. So even though the optimist in me would have liked that, the realist in me really appreciated the ending. But like JeanGreyForever, I too think they set up enough clues for an eventual TS5 (i.e. Bo clearly looks back fondly on her times with Molly and I'm not completely convinced she really enjoys being a lost toy) so a future reunion may not be out of the question. But I really loved the reunion scenes between Bo and Buzz and especially Bo and Jessie.

Jessie's brief reunion with Bo was really nice as well, especially since we never really get to see the two interact in the films. I was very happy to see Woody give Jessie his sheriff's badge as a parting gift after Bonnie initially gives it to her. I've heard some people complain that he should have given it to Buzz, but that literally makes no sense to me. Jessie would be Woody's natural predecessor in the sheriff role and it's important to note that it's not like she's taking over as leader of the toys because that is Dolly's role in Bonnie's room. Not surprisingly, there's been complaints online about the feminist undertones of this film with people criticizing Bonnie for dumping Woody after Andy gifted her to him, Dolly for "usurping" Woody's position as leader, Woody giving Jessie the badge instead of Buzz, and Bo Peep's 180 degrees transition. I didn't find this Bo very OOC personally, but that's probably because she was always a minor character in previous films and we never see her in action. Although I've heard that in the first Toy Story, when Woody and Buzz are trapped in Sid's room, the plan was that Bo would be the one to rescue them as a surprise twist to the audience who clearly wouldn't be expecting this so clearly the characterization isn't that far off from how she was envisioned.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Toy Story 4
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:46 am 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:33 am
Posts: 5328
Location: UK
I’m surprised at this !?

https://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory/toy-story-opens-expectations-118m-weekend-63893283

Might be franchise fatigue perhaps ?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Toy Story 4
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:23 am 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:27 pm
Posts: 2632
It's Pixar's third highest opening weekend and even when taking inflation into account, Toy Story 4 sold about as many tickets as Toy Story 3 did. So it's still a fantastic opening and the movie will probably have the same strong staying power Toy Story movies historically have. I don't think anyone at Disney and Pixar is losing sleep over these numbers.

_________________
"There are two wolves and they are always fighting. One is darkness and despair. The other is light and hope. Which wolf wins? Whichever one you feed." - Casey Newton, Tomorrowland


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Toy Story 4
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:27 pm 
Offline
Collector's Edition
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 22, 2013 11:09 pm
Posts: 783
I found this mildly amusing, but also uplifting. (China never had the Ghibli films until very recently, so it's great to see positive response.)

"China Box Office: ‘Toy Story 4’ Beaten by Old Animated Film ‘Spirited Away’"

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/china-box-office-spirited-away-beats-toy-story-4-1203251260/amp/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Toy Story 4
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:01 pm 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:26 pm
Posts: 10996
That is nice to see! Too bad nothing like Spirited Away is being made--or would receive much traction in America--anymore. It's all repetitive, lazy CGI fodder from all the animation companies these days. Well, Laika brings something different to the table, but they're just scraping by.

_________________
Image
Listening to most often lately:
Angela Lansbury (Sweeney Todd) ~ "A Little Priest"
Bernadette Peters (Smash) ~ "At Your Feet"
Bette Midler (Gypsy) ~ "Some People"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Toy Story 4
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:53 pm 
Offline
Limited Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:35 am
Posts: 1814
Warm Regards wrote:
I found this mildly amusing, but also uplifting. (China never had the Ghibli films until very recently, so it's great to see positive response.)

"China Box Office: ‘Toy Story 4’ Beaten by Old Animated Film ‘Spirited Away’"

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/china-box-office-spirited-away-beats-toy-story-4-1203251260/amp/

I'm not surprised. Pixar isn't as big of a deal in China as they are over the rest of the world. Coco was an exception to that rule.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Toy Story 4
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:00 pm 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:06 am
Posts: 13654
Chinese audiences prefer WDAS and Marvel over Pixar and Star Wars. My kind of people. :wink:

_________________
ImageImageImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Toy Story 4
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:58 pm 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:29 pm
Posts: 3210
Avaitor wrote:
I'm not surprised. Pixar isn't as big of a deal in China as they are over the rest of the world. Coco was an exception to that rule.

Exactly what I was thinking. Coco was the closest stand-in for Chinese culture that Pixar has ever done since all their other films are pretty westernized.

BTW Annie Potts seems to think that there'll definitely be a sequel of sorts.
https://variety.com/2019/film/news/toy- ... 203244389/

Quote:
I was surprised to see Bo and Woody end up together, but it was on her own terms. How do you feel about the way Bo’s story concluded?
Well, who says it’s a conclusion?

Oh?
I don’t know, but I think the people are going to be interested in what the toys do next.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Toy Story 4
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:03 pm 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 4:44 pm
Posts: 2663
Location: Sarajevo, B&H Gender: Male
JeanGreyForever wrote:
To be fair, Buzz was never the smartest toy in the room. The whole first film is about him not recognizing that he's a toy which seems something exclusive to Buzz Lightyears and the rest of the films always have a shtick to knock him out of commission like being replaced with the utility belt Buzz or going into demo and then Spanish modes. He does feel sidelined in this film, but this was very clearly Woody's story, even moreso than the rest of the films were. I've heard some people say that Toy Story 3 was the ending for all the main toys except Woody and this film is what brings closure to his story.

That is very true, but I still felt like the character regressed on top of being sidelined. That whole inner voice thing seemed more like something TS1's Buzz or TS2's fake Buzz would do. In any case, I'm glad he came back to his old self in the end to provide words of encouragement for Woody.

JeanGreyForever wrote:
I actually really liked the take on Gabby Gabby. When she was first introduced, I was afraid she'd be a rehash of Stinky Pete or Lotso but she really shouldn't even be characterized as a villain as much as an antagonist and I really felt for her, moreso than any other Toy Story villain. Her story was especially moving to me when she reminds Woody of all the joyous moments he's shared with Andy and how even though that life will eventually end, she would give anything to just experience even one of those moments. I almost wish she had gone home with Bonnie at the end so she could have joined the main cast and we could continue to see her journey.

Oh I definitely agree with all of that. Even when mentioned by Bo and Giggle, they only think of her as annoying, never as villainous. I only had issues with her introductory scene, when she tries taking Woody's voice box by force. That seemed like a rather egregious assault to me and yet it never gets resolved or excused (I mean, I guess you could say she was desperate, but still). But other than that, I quite liked her arc in the second part of the movie.

JeanGreyForever wrote:
That scene where Bo and Woody are separated at the beginning was really heartrending and ironically enough, I felt more emotions at the end when Woody is walking away from Bo than I did when he's saying goodbye to the rest of the toys, despite already knowing that he's going to stick with Bo. Maybe it's the romantic in me or maybe it's because of how rushed the final goodbye is.

Haha, same actually. I think it's the lack of screen time for the other toys that made the final goodbye not as emotional for me as anything having to do with Woody and Bo. Perhaps it would have been different had the other toys participated in the rescue mission. They were not involved in the main plot, so we as audience kind of grew detached from them.

JeanGreyForever wrote:
Jessie's brief reunion with Bo was really nice as well, especially since we never really get to see the two interact in the films. I was very happy to see Woody give Jessie his sheriff's badge as a parting gift after Bonnie initially gives it to her. I've heard some people complain that he should have given it to Buzz, but that literally makes no sense to me. Jessie would be Woody's natural predecessor in the sheriff role and it's important to note that it's not like she's taking over as leader of the toys because that is Dolly's role in Bonnie's room. Not surprisingly, there's been complaints online about the feminist undertones of this film with people criticizing Bonnie for dumping Woody after Andy gifted her to him, Dolly for "usurping" Woody's position as leader, Woody giving Jessie the badge instead of Buzz, and Bo Peep's 180 degrees transition. I didn't find this Bo very OOC personally, but that's probably because she was always a minor character in previous films and we never see her in action. Although I've heard that in the first Toy Story, when Woody and Buzz are trapped in Sid's room, the plan was that Bo would be the one to rescue them as a surprise twist to the audience who clearly wouldn't be expecting this so clearly the characterization isn't that far off from how she was envisioned.

That's actually very true. I guess Bo's previous lack of screen time made her more flexible for adapting to the needs of this movie, so she didn't really seem that OOC to me either. But that reunion with Jessie really meant a lot to me, I always loved both of them, and like you said, they never really interacted previously.

Also agreed on the sheriff's badge. It was pretty obvious it would be her to get it and not Buzz.


Btw, I'm surprised One Million Moms or similar groups are not calling for boycott of the movie because of a 10-second portrayal of a lesbian couple.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Toy Story 4
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:29 pm 
Offline
Limited Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:35 am
Posts: 1814
Sotiris wrote:
Chinese audiences prefer WDAS and Marvel over Pixar and Star Wars. My kind of people. :wink:

Ha, same!

That said, I've still yet to see TS4. I'm interested, but not nearly as much as I was for the third film. The reception seems a little more mixed this time around. Plenty of praise, but not as universal as the first 3. I wonder what its legacy is going to be, as Finding Dory and Incredibles 2 already feel like also-rans despite warm devuts.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Toy Story 4
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:07 pm 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:29 pm
Posts: 3210
Mooky wrote:
That is very true, but I still felt like the character regressed on top of being sidelined. That whole inner voice thing seemed more like something TS1's Buzz or TS2's fake Buzz would do. In any case, I'm glad he came back to his old self in the end to provide words of encouragement for Woody.
Some people have created the theory that Buzz's regression is due to the fact that he was reset to factory settings in TS3 which takes place just a few months before this film. That's why he seems so spacey and not quite all there.

Mooky wrote:
Oh I definitely agree with all of that. Even when mentioned by Bo and Giggle, they only think of her as annoying, never as villainous. I only had issues with her introductory scene, when she tries taking Woody's voice box by force. That seemed like a rather egregious assault to me and yet it never gets resolved or excused (I mean, I guess you could say she was desperate, but still). But other than that, I quite liked her arc in the second part of the movie.
I agree that it's actually a pretty violent scene especially when Benson actually starts ripping out Woody's voice box towards the middle of the film. I suppose they try to downplay the assault by making Woody consensually agree to give up his voice box in exchange for Forky, as well as Gabby Gabbby later telling Woody she'll give it back to him after she's initially rejected by Harmony.

Mooky wrote:
Haha, same actually. I think it's the lack of screen time for the other toys that made the final goodbye not as emotional for me as anything having to do with Woody and Bo. Perhaps it would have been different had the other toys participated in the rescue mission. They were not involved in the main plot, so we as audience kind of grew detached from them.
I knew the original cast would be relegated to the RV plot but I thought those scenes would be more involved and tied into the main storyline. The aliens are completely missing after the opening and Mr. Potato Head has just one line. I've heard some people say that Mrs. Potato Head is no better, if she even speaks, because I honestly don't even remember any of her vocals. Other characters like Bullseye are practically invisible. Really only Jessie gets the most screentime from the RV group, probably to set her up as Bonnie's second favorite toy (after Forky) and Woody's natural predecessor.

Mooky wrote:
Btw, I'm surprised One Million Moms or similar groups are not calling for boycott of the movie because of a 10-second portrayal of a lesbian couple.
I don't remember a lesbian couple in the movie. Do you remember which scene showed them?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Toy Story 4
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:44 am 
Offline
Special Edition
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:49 pm
Posts: 290
I still need to read all your comments (which I love to do after seeing a Disney movie), but the worst part of it all and of the fact they're planning a spin-off are the new characters. I can get on board with something like Olaf, because at least you just know he's there to sell toys (and he WILL do it), but what was the point ofDucky and whatever his name is, for example? (I understand that Forky needed to be a stupid toy, so it gets a pass)

By the way, Bo looks even less than herself in motion! But such a badass! I LOVED her possum-mobile and the fact that she was back and her story. I really thought she would turn out to be a secret villain :lol:

Overall, I really liked it (and I cried very hard when I realized what was going to happen at the end). Some parts felt a bit predictable, but oh well. It is a very good movie, there's no denying that, but I feel they could do it even better. I hope they don't get a best song nomination, though, because that was not very good (the score, on the other hand, such beautiful uses of known themes) Give it to whoever wrote the GPS part instead because I can't recall the last time I laughed so hard and out loud at the cinema
I also thought it was a nice touch that Woody went from throwing Buzz from the windowbehind the dresser to willingly giving his vocal box to Gaby Gabby. I liked her as well, and I was honestly happy for her when she found a child. Glad they didn't went with the "oh a secret villain" for much longer.

Also, Disney Brazil, please stop star-casting your dubs. This is Toy Story FOUR, people don't need "famous" "comedians" to see it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Toy Story 4
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:30 am 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 4:44 pm
Posts: 2663
Location: Sarajevo, B&H Gender: Male
JeanGreyForever wrote:
Some people have created the theory that Buzz's regression is due to the fact that he was reset to factory settings in TS3 which takes place just a few months before this film. That's why he seems so spacey and not quite all there.

Hmmm, I suppose that would make some sense. I can go with that.

JeanGreyForever wrote:
I knew the original cast would be relegated to the RV plot but I thought those scenes would be more involved and tied into the main storyline. The aliens are completely missing after the opening and Mr. Potato Head has just one line. I've heard some people say that Mrs. Potato Head is no better, if she even speaks, because I honestly don't even remember any of her vocals. Other characters like Bullseye are practically invisible. Really only Jessie gets the most screentime from the RV group, probably to set her up as Bonnie's second favorite toy (after Forky) and Woody's natural predecessor.

I don't remember Mrs. Potato Head speaking either. She was just there lending her ear for the GPS scene.

JeanGreyForever wrote:
I don't remember a lesbian couple in the movie. Do you remember which scene showed them?

In Bonnie's first scene at the kindergarten, as she's entering the classroom, there's an interracial lesbian couple with their kid.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Toy Story 4
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:32 am 
Offline
Limited Edition
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:42 pm
Posts: 1254
I still want my Ghostbusters sequel where Janine and Egon hook up. Don't disappoint me, Annie Potts!

_________________
Awaiting for the Beatles of DVDIzzy: Disneyjedi , disneyphilip, TsWade2, and 2DDisney4Ever

And Goliath and Duster were Sonny and Cher.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 931 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 106 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group