DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 984 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 50  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:42 am 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:46 am
Posts: 4299
Location: Maryland, USA
I'm mad b/c the ending in TS3 is PERFECT! Is Disney REALLY that greedy??!! Plus, all Pixar has in store are sequels/prequels etc. besides Brave. Has Pixar really lost its creativity and orginiallity that they have to make sequels to their films just for a quick buck???


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:53 am 
Offline
Limited Edition
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2003 9:17 am
Posts: 1438
I hope Tom is just messing with us. Even the idea of continuing the series with shorts bothered me. If anything they should've done short prior to the TS3 plotline but that is just me.

Don't wreck a perfect ending Pixar!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:14 pm 
Offline
Limited Edition

Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:00 pm
Posts: 1088
I'll wait for an official announcement from Pixar before I believe it's happening.

Quote:
Whatever is going on at Pixar headquarters is a mystery to me. I'll wait until they blow white smoke out of the chimney or whatever it is that says there's another Toy Story coming down the pipe.


That's from another interview he's done in Britain and he doesn't seem at all sure what's happening in regards to another Toy Story.

_________________
We're not going to Guam, are we?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:26 pm 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:28 am
Posts: 2564
DisneyAnimation88 wrote:
I'll wait for an official announcement from Pixar before I believe it's happening.


This. I find it hard to believe that anything is for sure if Tom Hanks just threw it out there so casually like that. If they really were working on it, Pixar ninjas would be following him everywhere to make sure he doesn't say anything. They're getting quieter and quieter about their upcoming projects all the time.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:43 pm 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:02 pm
Posts: 4304
Location: SouthernCaliforniaLiscious SunnyWingadocious
SWillie! wrote:
If they really were working on it, Pixar ninjas would be following him everywhere to make sure he doesn't say anything.


Image

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:46 pm 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:26 pm
Posts: 12457
I love Toy Story and I could honestly see this series going on forever. The fact that there’s another one doesn’t bother me, and I‘m excited by the idea.

It’s just--they should not be doing it now. After the last one just came out and they already have an influx of (unnecessary) sequels, with rumors of a Cars 3.

_________________
Image
Listening to most often lately:
Aida OBC ~ "My Strongest Suit"
Aida OBC ~ "Written in the Stars"
Aida OBC ~ "I Know the Truth"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:02 pm 
Offline
Limited Edition
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:22 am
Posts: 1260
Location: Buffalo
I hope to Christ this isn't true. They're already in danger of pushing their luck.

_________________
Image
"OH COME ON, REALLY?!?!"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:24 pm 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:47 pm
Posts: 3028
I don't think its happening, nor do I want it to. Not that I'd ever be against a sequel if they continued to outdo themselves like they have been, but we now know Pixar is not infallible with Cars 2 and I couldn't bare a sequel that didn't live up to the original 3 toy stories. A perfect trilogy almost never happens, it would be a huge risk to tempt fate with a 4th. If they must continue and they feel shorts are too limiting they can expand to a Christmas or Halloween special or something, just don't make it toy story 4 and release it as a real movie.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:31 pm 
Offline
In The Vaults
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 6:19 am
Posts: 2704
PatrickvD wrote:
I want them to kill off all the toys though.

Just grow a pair Pixar and DO it. That way, Disney can't squeeze this thing any longer. And I want it to be the saddest thing ever.


I fully, completely agree. Whilst the conclusion to Toy Story 3 was just perfect, part of me wishes they actually killed the toys off in the incinerator scene; it would've been much more powerful and memorable. Of course if they had done that, the trilogy wouldn't have fully gone 'full circle' and Andy would never have had a chance to play one last childhood game. :cry:

Even though I'd love to see more of these characters, perhaps they should just release shorts instead. Then again, as somebody posted earlier, this is not official and may not happen.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:48 pm 
Offline
Collector's Edition
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:42 pm
Posts: 992
TheValentineBros wrote:
So why a fourth movie?


I believe it is because Shrek made 4 movies, so why not Toy Story? I bet those Shrek movies could be worth more than Toy Story, but if Toy Story unleashes its 4th movie, then it shall be worth even more than Shrek. Just a thought.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:53 pm 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:47 pm
Posts: 3028
Dr Frankenollie wrote:
PatrickvD wrote:
I want them to kill off all the toys though.

Just grow a pair Pixar and DO it. That way, Disney can't squeeze this thing any longer. And I want it to be the saddest thing ever.


I fully, completely agree. Whilst the conclusion to Toy Story 3 was just perfect, part of me wishes they actually killed the toys off in the incinerator scene; it would've been much more powerful and memorable. Of course if they had done that, the trilogy wouldn't have fully gone 'full circle' and Andy would never have had a chance to play one last childhood game. :cry:

Even though I'd love to see more of these characters, perhaps they should just release shorts instead. Then again, as somebody posted earlier, this is not official and may not happen.


Lee thinks its a cop-out whenever a movie kills off all their main characters, and I tend to agree with him.

I'm not against killing off characters (I think Flynn should have died in Tangled for example), but it has to push the story forward.
The only death that would have made sense to me would have been a flash back of, say, Bo Peep falling and shattering into a million pieces. but the incinerator was not the place to kill anyone.

Despite me not wanting a TS4, I do think there are more places you can take it than upping the stakes. It doesn't have to be a life or death situation all the time to be interesting.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:09 pm 
Offline
Platinum Edition

Joined: Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:44 am
Posts: 6166
Location: Michigan
Sorry, but as big a fan I am of Pixar, I do not like the idea of a fourth Toy Story. The last film ended perfectly IMO. Pixar needs to stop making sequels just to make money.

_________________
My Blu-Ray Collection


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:55 pm 
Offline
In The Vaults
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 6:19 am
Posts: 2704
Kyle wrote:
Lee thinks its a cop-out whenever a movie kills off all their main characters, and I tend to agree with him.

I'm not against killing off characters (I think Flynn should have died in Tangled for example), but it has to push the story forward.
The only death that would have made sense to me would have been a flash back of, say, Bo Peep falling and shattering into a million pieces. but the incinerator was not the place to kill anyone.

Despite me not wanting a TS4, I do think there are more places you can take it than upping the stakes. It doesn't have to be a life or death situation all the time to be interesting.


I agree with you when you said that a death has to push the story forward, but nevertheless I think if the toys died, whilst there would be a lot of controversy, it would've made for a much more unforgettable and powerful film; yes, it's still both of those, but Pixar would have made the first animated film where everyone, both young and old, was crying after watching a cartoon since Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. Even though I'm happy they lived, in some ways when I watch the incinerator scene I think about the wasted potential.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:42 pm 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:26 pm
Posts: 12457
I personally don't see how the deaths of all the toys would be purposeful or any good at all. Imagine the film ending with them all turning to wax in the fire a la Child's Play...and then credits rolling. That would be the biggest WTF of the 2000s, no doubt.

I wouldn't be crying, I would just think it was bizarre.

_________________
Image
Listening to most often lately:
Aida OBC ~ "My Strongest Suit"
Aida OBC ~ "Written in the Stars"
Aida OBC ~ "I Know the Truth"


Last edited by Disney's Divinity on Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:57 pm 
Offline
Limited Edition
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:26 am
Posts: 1119
Polizzi wrote:
TheValentineBros wrote:
So why a fourth movie?


I believe it is because Shrek made 4 movies, so why not Toy Story? I bet those Shrek movies could be worth more than Toy Story, but if Toy Story unleashes its 4th movie, then it shall be worth even more than Shrek. Just a thought.


Don't forget Blue Sky Studios' upcoming fourth Ice Age film.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:45 pm 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:06 am
Posts: 15601
Do you remember this report from a year ago? It kinda makes sense now.

Exclusive: Tim Allen Signed On for 'Toy Story 4'
http://www.thewrap.com/movies/column-po ... ry-4-19245

_________________
ImageImageImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:46 pm 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure

Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 2:24 pm
Posts: 2529
The third film ended perfectly. I agree, Pixar has to stop making sequels (though the Monsters Inc prequel is a great idea) and go back to original ideas like Brave.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:50 pm 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:34 am
Posts: 2646
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/200 ... -animation

Anyone remember this place? It seems it's spirit lives on...


Personally, I may be ok with this. But there are two big issues. First, it has to make sense and be worth making. Second, I'd like some original projects to be made before any more sequels after "Monster's University" comes out. That time between TS2 and TS3 was perfect!

As has been said here, I'm not surprised that they are doing this. Disney being Disney, really any modern Hollywood studio, wants franchises. They make money, and that is what they really are after. "Toy Story" is too valuable to just leave alone for artistic reasons. Hollywood is a business first and foremost, that fact needs to be ingrained in the mind of movie fans everywhere. "Art" if it actually happens is second place in this industry.

_________________
____________________________________________________________
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:14 pm 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:47 pm
Posts: 3028
I kinda wish they would just move forward with a tv series. It would give them more freedom than a series of shorts, and yet not have the pressure of a theatrical release. This kind of thing would have been unheard of 10 years ago, but I think we have progressed to the point where this could be feasible. And if its bad, well its just a tv series and fans can consider it non canon if they want. This way they could keep the franchise going and their reputation more or less in tact. as in tact as it can be at least after Cars 2.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:38 pm 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:46 am
Posts: 4299
Location: Maryland, USA
Kyle wrote:
I kinda wish they would just move forward with a tv series. It would give them more freedom than a series of shorts, and yet not have the pressure of a theatrical release. This kind of thing would have been unheard of 10 years ago, but I think we have progressed to the point where this could be feasible. And if its bad, well its just a tv series and fans can consider it non canon if they want. This way they could keep the franchise going and their reputation more or less in tact. as in tact as it can be at least after Cars 2.


Yeah, I like that better! It'd make more sense.

As for you Sotiris, maybe he was paid to not say anything???


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 984 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 50  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DisneyEra, Google [Bot] and 56 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group