DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 984 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 50  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:45 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Why would Disney be hearing pitches, doesnt Pxiar mainly call the shots for their IPs?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:48 pm 
Platinum Edition

Kyle wrote:
Why would Disney be hearing pitches, doesn't Pixar mainly call the shots for their IPs?

I think they meant Pixar. A lot of people use "Disney" and "Pixar" interchangeably.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:52 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

If you claim to have a mole, your going to be casting doubt on your claim if you cant even get the companies straight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:04 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Oh my gosh. NO!!!!! C'mon Pixar! I'm so tired of all of the movies that are sucessful, having sequels! Look at Cars 2. It failed! It got bad reviews! Don't you mess up Toy Story with this!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:28 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Edit: I just realized I'm repeating myself, this thread hasn't been bumped in a while so I kinda forgot what I said in the first place. heh

Last edited by Kyle on Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:14 pm 
Limited Edition

Toy Story 3 brought the series to a good stopping point, so it's best that they leave it there while they're ahead.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:42 pm 
Gold Collection

Yes having grown up with Toy Story it should end here, I can live with Spin-offs/shorts/series but leave the movies as it is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:57 am 
Collector's Edition

I dunno.
I think It would be good to leave it now for a few years.
And maybe ten years later if they have a great story they should do it!

I think Bo Peep deserves her own movie after being cut from the 3rd moviie :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:47 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

DisneyDude2010 wrote:
I

I think Bo Peep deserves her own movie after being cut from the 3rd moviie :cry:

Amen to that! :D

All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:17 pm 
Limited Edition

It is time for Mr and Mrs Potatoehead to shine! Some short-stories Something along the lines of..." Home Alone and curlyfries", " Meet the Mash" .."Lost and found, how mr Potatoehead fell down the stairs"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:46 pm 
Collector's Edition

Sounds cool :P

Also does anyone have a link to the short SMALL FRY? My cinema didn't play the short!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 5:58 pm 
Platinum Edition

Quote:
While Andrew Stanton did mention that it is the originals that keep Pixar going, the sequels are comfort food and to expect more of them.
Source: http://pixarne.ws/complex/

Yay, more sequels! :roll: Let's just hope this was a hint at Toy Story 4 and not Cars 3. :P

Last edited by Sotiris on Mon May 21, 2012 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 6:17 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Sotiris wrote:
Yay, more sequels! :roll: Just hope this was a hint at Toy Story 4 and not Cars 3. :P

Cars has always been iffy from the get go, seeing as the second was...not their best I think it could be better to hope for a Cars 3 than a Toy Story 4. At least one of these franchises can keep its integrity that way. The stakes are much higher for Toy Story than Cars.

Though I think we can all agree the incredibles is the one begging for a sequel the most.

Last edited by Kyle on Mon May 21, 2012 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 6:18 pm 
Platinum Edition

Kyle wrote:
Cars has always been iffy from the get go, seeing as the second was...not their best I think it could be better to hope for a Cars 3 than a Toy Story 4. At least one of these franchises can keep its integrity that way.

You have a point there. Although Toy Story 4 is more likely to happen, I'm afraid.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 10:28 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Thinking back to Pixar's catalogue, the only ones I can think of where a sequel is possible (that hasn't already gotten a sequel) are A Bug's Life and The Incredibles. Of course, Brad Bird is busy with other projects so The Incredibles 2 will definitely take a long time if it ever gets made.

Stanton has stated before that he will never make a Finding Nemo and Wall-E sequel. Really, a lot of the Pixar flicks end with the character's story being completely resolved. With Toy Story, there was still room as there was still that lingering of Woody losing that special friendship with Andy and this theme continued in Toy Story 2. And some of the messages presented there lead the way to Toy Story 3. If you look at the entire trilogy, Woody has a natural progression from the beginning of the first to the end of the third.

On the other hand, Lightning McQueen's journey was pretty much done at the end of Cars, so they decided to focus on the supporting character for the sequel. So, it's possible Pixar will go that route for sequels to films that had clear endings for their lead protagonist.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 11:05 pm 
Platinum Edition

Besides the Toy Story trilogy, it seems to me that they're recasting their characters into sequels that belong to a different movie genre than the original film. Just like they took the characters from Cars and inserted them into a spy film, they are doing the same with their Monsters characters by inserting them into a college comedy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 11:55 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Synopsis: our heroes excitedly find and attempt to purchase Bo Peep on eBay and go on a hilarious, heart-warming adventure to rescue her when someone else's winning bid sends her off to scenic Germany, where she befriends a seemingly misunderstood vintage Bild Lilli Doll. Lilli puts the moves on Ken during the rescue and a jealous Barbie falls into a deep depression, realizing that she's not the OOAK doll she'd always believed to be. Meanwhile, Stinky Pete, full of bitterness and scarred by Amy's permanent markers, is armed with his Pre-Child Safety Protection Act Pickax in order to seek his revenge on Woody and the gang for depriving him of his museum immortality.

Will the sultry Lilli realize that Ken is an accessory only to Barbie, and will Mira Nova's surprise appearance turn Jessie into the green-eyed monster? What will drive Buzz into a delusion this time around? Will Andy ever realize how much money he lost out on for not selling Woody on eBay? Will Sid ever find a better job or will Lotso discover his troubled past and use him for a new devious plot? How will all the toys make it back to Bonnie's ex daughter-in-law's cousin's house? And most importantly, will Woody finally be able to admit that he still has laser envy? Be the first to find out in Disney Digital 3D™, coming to a theater near you November 2016.

And yes, I realize I've already posted this in another thread, but it just doesn't get any more awesome than this. Send that check already, Disney!

Oh, and don't forget about Toy Story 5, the exciting and groundbreaking crossover time-travel mystery which will feature both the clever Basil of Baker Street and the enigmatic Sherlock Gnomes, darting about in a miniature and wondrous world hidden from the human eye when our favorite toys travel to London. It seems Mr. Flaversham is the only one that can fix Deluded Buzz, but when Featherstone's girl Plastique is kidnapped, only with the combined intellect of Basil and Gnomes can they solve the greater mystery and prevent Woody from erasing his own existence. Starring Tom Hanks, Tim Allen, Barrie Ingham, Michael Caine, Emily Blunt, Hugh Laurie, and Jim Cummings, featuring the classic rock music of Billy Joel and introducing an all-new duet with Madonna. Directed by UD's one and only Teede, who has apparently moved on to greater places.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 1:39 am 
Platinum Edition

the amazingly talented Miss EW wrote:
How will all the toys make it back to Bonnie's ex daughter-in-law's cousin's house?

featuring the classic rock music of Billy Joel and introducing an all-new duet with Madonna.

:lol: :pink: :lol: :pink: :lol: :pink:

Awesomeness!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 2:31 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

Sotiris wrote:
BUMP

Quote:
While Andrew Stanton did mention that it is the originals that keep Pixar going, the sequels are comfort food and to expect more of them.

I have feelings of uncertainty over this. :(

My advice: If you plan to make a sequel, make sure to take your time and do it right.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 3:19 am 
Limited Edition

Sotiris wrote:
BUMP

Quote:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 984 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 50  Next