Toy Story 4

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Oh no...I think I have an idea what the Toy Story 4 Plot might be...

Bonnie get's some new Toy Cars... :P

You can figure out the rest of my theory I'm sure... :P
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
BelleGirl
Anniversary Edition

Post by BelleGirl »

I'm afraid a "Toy Story 4" will become repetitive. Pity, there was a nice 'red line' through the first 3 Toy Stories. A full circle. If Pixar wants to make a Toy Story 4 because of the Box office success of 'Toy Story 3', what will stop them form making a 'Toy Story 5'? A box office failure of 'Toy Story 4'?
:roll:

See my growing collection of Disney movie-banners at:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/78256383@N ... 651337290/
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

DisneyDude2010 posted this in the Disney Nature Thread....I think he meant to put it in this thread
DisneyDude2010 wrote:<iframe frameborder="0" width="480" height="270" src="http://www.dailymotion.com/embed/video/ ... ame><br><a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xjz5kp ... shortfilms" target="_blank">John Lasseter talks about Toy Story 4</a> <i>by <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/animatieblog" target="_blank">animatieblog</a></i>

so it looks like it's happening .... REALLY o_O
The characters cannot be reused surely

Pixar needs to make original stories now, not sequels!!
but i can see why the would want to make a forth installment seeing how popular the franchise is critically and theatrically

Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

Well, that settles it. It's happening.

John Lasseter talks about Toy Story 4
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xjz5kp ... shortfilms
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

*sigh*

So this has been my thought process starting at the beginning.

Lee Unkrich and his crew have always said that no TS4 was planned. Their not saying never but it doesnt look like it'll happen for now. Everything's good.

It comes out that Tim and Tom have signed up for 4th movie. No biggie, their just future proofing the contracts in case things go that way at some point. still nothing to worry about.

Tom lets the cat out of the bag- cause for concern, but could easily just be the Toy Story shorts he's talking about.
Tom mentions it Again. uh oh

John Lasseter gets asked about it. crap. I know its not official yet but his body language says it all. I feel like a press release and logo reveal are not far behind now.

my stance on this has never changed. I welcome however many sequels they can put out that live up to the previous ones, without too much recycling. If they can make this and make it feel necessary I'm all for it. And before Cars 2 I wouldn't have doubted their judgement in the least.
SmartAleck25
Special Edition

Post by SmartAleck25 »

I agree with Kyle. I'm sure Pixar can pull anything off. After all Cars 2 was just underwhelming to me, not downright terrible. I think it's been received so negatively because it's not what you'd expect from Pixar.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

SmartAleck25 wrote:I agree with Kyle. I'm sure Pixar can pull anything off. After all Cars 2 was just underwhelming to me, not downright terrible. I think it's been received so negatively because it's not what you'd expect from Pixar.
I also Agree......I really did like Cars 2....Now if they Make a Cars 3 and turn them into pirates....or a zombie car... that would be rather cheap in my opinion...it would be the equivalent of the Air Buddies...although the new tagline for a Cars 3 could be there's nothing a Car can't do could be their new tagline :P Though I don't think a Cars 3 will happen....yet at least

Although I still think in Toy Story 4 Bonnie will get a few new toy Cars....it would be the perfect way for a crossover movie and their first...Pixar is about 1sts after all :shifty:

Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

. . .

Well, someone had to do it. :p
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

The reason I wouldn't compare a Toy Story sequel to a Cars sequel is because Cars, in general, sucks. So a sequel sucking would not be a surprise there. On the other hand, Toy Story and all its sequels have been amazing. So they can make 10 of them for all I care.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

Ive done a few logos myself but none of the fonts look toy story enough to me. Ive also tried doing a 4 from scratch still doesn't look right. I definitely think they'll go for an open 4 rather than a closed though. That if they even use a number. They could opt for a subtitle rather than using 4 to separate it from the trilogy.
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

Lol, who knows what they'll do. While I did base it off of a number I found, I was just having a little fun and did the thing from scratch.
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

John is so cute! :) And guys, he said nothing has been announced, so no one knows what's happening.

And I do have faith in TS4. Yes, they should not do TS4 after the amazing ending to TS3. But, if the first 3 TS are that good, they can pull another 1. And yeah, I'm getting really concerned about the future of Pixar too. It's all sequels and 2 original movies coming up. :(
Neal
Anniversary Edition

Post by Neal »

To me, this is a confirmation 100%.

I have mixed feelings about this. Toy Story 2 - Pixar initially didn't want a sequel, but they swooped in to stop Disney from screwing it up.

Toy Story 3 - made it a trilogy. It was nice to have one 'sequel series' at Pixar - just one film that had sequels - especially one that really stood up to other famous trilogies like Lord of the Rings and Star Wars.

But now Cars 2, Monster's U.

... and now a fourth TS? My interest is waning. TS3 wrapped up beautifully. You can always come up with more plot, but that doesn't make it a good plot.

I used to take pride in the fact Pixar was not the sequel factory other studios are (DreamWorks being the biggest offender, but others are giving them a run for their money) - I know TS3 pushed so so much merchandise, but gah - couldn't the right new Pixar movie do the same? I still see new Nemo merchandise being sold in certain stores.

I wonder what they'll do to now that Bonnie has the toys. I also don't really care.

Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

disneyprincess11 wrote:John is so cute! :) And guys, he said nothing has been announced, so no one knows what's happening.
He didn't outright debunk it either which is why its hard not to think one is indeed in the works. And just look at how gleeful he gets, like he wants to confirm it so bad, like he's ready to burst.
DisneyAnimation88
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyAnimation88 »

If it happens, it happens. While I think the third film wrapped up the series very well, I also wouldn't mind a fourth film. I think Toy Story is so personal to so many people at Pixar that they would not even attempt a fourth film unless they were sure they had a good story. I haven't seen Cars 2 yet as it hasn't been released here so I can't make a judgement on it, but so far I still have yet to see a Pixar film that I don't love. If Toy Story 4 is going to happen, I look forward to seeing what Pixar have planned.
We're not going to Guam, are we?
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

DisneyAnimation88 wrote:If it happens, it happens. While I think the third film wrapped up the series very well, I also wouldn't mind a fourth film. I think Toy Story is so personal to so many people at Pixar that they would not even attempt a fourth film unless they were sure they had a good story. I haven't seen Cars 2 yet as it hasn't been released here so I can't make a judgement on it, but so far I still have yet to see a Pixar film that I don't love. If Toy Story 4 is going to happen, I look forward to seeing what Pixar have planned.
I don't mind the sequels too much....some kids 2 years ago didn't know about Toy Story....the 3rd has brought it back for generations....

I'm going a little off topic for a bit

I was in Wal-Mart the other day...and a kid wanted his mom to buy spongebob or maybe a dreamworks film that isn't that good in my opinion anyway...I, by force of Habbit said hey this is a good movie...I pointed to the Monsters Inc, Bambi,Beauty and the beast, A bug's Life....the kid still wanted (Insert Stupid Title appeals to kids that makes a lot of members on this forum get several facepalms, followed by Nostalgia Critic clips)

Anyway my point is....if Pixar can make great sequels....I'm all for it....and how do you think Shrek is known more today by some kids than Mike and Sulley of monsters inc...Sequels.....but they should be great and good sequels and not Shrek The Third of Southpark crap....I think it's good to keep the characters alive through sequels if there is a warrant and a good entertaining. Do they have to be blockbuster hits every time.....No.....I mean I really never thought about that DEATH would be portrayed in Cars 2 when I first saw that horrible teaser trailer....also as long most (if not all) the original cast members are in the sequel when need applied...Don Rickles isn't getting any younger...I can't imagine anyone else voicing Mr. Potato head....same goes for Estelle Harris and Mrs Potato Head....unless they get written out..

I still think the idea of Bonnie receiving some Toy Cars like Lightning McQueen, Mater, Finn McMissile, and Mack...have some double John Ratzenberger with Hamm and toy Mack, wouldn't be too far off...it would be a Marketing Team's Greatest Field Day EVER......

DisneyAnimation88
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyAnimation88 »

disneyboy20022 wrote:I still think the idea of Bonnie receiving some Toy Cars like Lightning McQueen, Mater, Finn McMissile, and Mack...have some double John Ratzenberger with Hamm and toy Mack, wouldn't be too far off...it would be a Marketing Team's Greatest Field Day EVER......
It's an interesting idea but I don't think Pixar would blur the lines between their films to that extent. The Cars characters exist in an entirely different universe to the Toy Story ones and, apart from the traditional Pixar in-jokes like Lotso's cameo in Up or the Pizza Planet trucj, I don't think Pixar would have those two universes collide.

But there are still possibilites in the Toy Story universe. There are still toys as iconic as Barbie and Ken, that haven't been featured. Perhaps a toy like GI Joe could make an appearance in a fourth film.
We're not going to Guam, are we?
David S.
Special Edition

Post by David S. »

Disney's Divinity wrote:The reason I wouldn't compare a Toy Story sequel to a Cars sequel is because Cars, in general, sucks. So a sequel sucking would not be a surprise there. On the other hand, Toy Story and all its sequels have been amazing. So they can make 10 of them for all I care.
To each their own regarding Cars. The original Cars is my second favorite Pixar film (behind only Nemo), and I liked the sequel better than about half of the Pixar films, including Toy Story 3! (but not better than the first two Toy Storys).

I know I'm probably in the minority here, but as someone for whom the ending of TS 3 did NOT resonate, I'd LOVE to see a Toy Story 4, just so the series won't have to end on such a sad and melancholy note (assuming they wouldn't do that with 4).

PS. I would enjoy another Cars movie, as well! Perhaps next time putting the focus more on Lightning and the Radiator Springs characters again :)
"Feed the birds, tuppence a bag"- Mary Poppins
"How high does the sycamore grow? If you cut it down, then you'll never know"- Pocahontas
"I do not make films primarily for children. I make them for the child in all of us, whether he be six or sixty. Call the child innocence." - Walt Disney
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

DisneyAnimation88 wrote:
disneyboy20022 wrote:I still think the idea of Bonnie receiving some Toy Cars like Lightning McQueen, Mater, Finn McMissile, and Mack...have some double John Ratzenberger with Hamm and toy Mack, wouldn't be too far off...it would be a Marketing Team's Greatest Field Day EVER......
It's an interesting idea but I don't think Pixar would blur the lines between their films to that extent. The Cars characters exist in an entirely different universe to the Toy Story ones and, apart from the traditional Pixar in-jokes like Lotso's cameo in Up or the Pizza Planet trucj, I don't think Pixar would have those two universes collide.

But there are still possibilites in the Toy Story universe. There are still toys as iconic as Barbie and Ken, that haven't been featured. Perhaps a toy like GI Joe could make an appearance in a fourth film.
Or an Action Figure from one of the Marvel Comics....though that I think would be lame...

Some more characters from the Barbie Franchise.....though that might be overkill

Stuffed animal of Winnie the Pooh? might be interesting....

Here's a wikipedia subject about Toys.....from the past....sounds interesting

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_to ... on_figures

Jay
Anniversary Edition

Post by Jay »

They should totally have Gumby! I use to watch that show all the time lol.