DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Would you ever get a Disney-related tattoo?
Yes 52%  52%  [ 12 ]
No 48%  48%  [ 11 ]
Total votes : 23
 Post subject: Disney Tattoos
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:37 am 
Platinum Edition

As a branch-off from Patrick posting his tattoo in the TLM Diamond thread, I thought it might be interesting to find out if any other UD members had or had considered getting any Disney-related tattoos?

If nobody replies, I guess we'll have our answer. :lol: :P

Post subject: Re: Disney Tattoos
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:48 am 
Limited Edition

Would I ever get a Disney tattoo? Nope.
Would I ever get a tattoo ever? Nope
(And if I ever did get a tattoo, it would most likely NOT be a licensed character of any sort.)
Do I appreciate/admire other peoples' Disney-related tattoos? Sure! Just as long as they aren't on MY body. :)

WIST #1 (The pinkrenata Edition) -- Kram Nebuer: *mouth full of Oreos* Why do you have a picture of Bobby Driscoll?

"I'm a nudist!" - Tommy Kirk

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:46 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

I've always wanted to get a tattoo of Mary Poppins' umbrella. Or a Hirschfeld drawing of Julie Andrews.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:04 am 
Special Edition

Yep. :) And I have one! Most likely the only one I'll ever get, though.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:12 am 
Gold Collection

Nah, not really. Not a tattoo person... and I wouldn't allow children to have (permanent) tattoos.

This is DisneyFTW1, a former Youtube account that was terminated by Disney themselves. My current Youtube Account is FilmFTW2 (FilmFTW1 was terminated). Youtube sucks when it comes to film uploads, and it sucks even more when major corporations are following your channels. But what can I do?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:44 pm 
Platinum Edition

I've had many tattoos in my life. However when it comes to bath time, they magically come off :P

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:43 pm 
Platinum Edition

I ran into Disney Tattoo Guy at Downtown Disney some years ago, but that's the extent to which I'd ever get a Disney (or any) tattoo.

Albert

WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:56 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

I actually wanted a tattoo when I was younger, but the issue I had even back then lied with knowing that it's permanent. And I honestly can't think of any image I'd want stuck on my body for the rest of my life, no matter how much I love it. Tastes change over time, and as an artist, something that looks amazing to me right now might look wonky next year or even next month.

In the unlikely event that it ever came down to it, I wouldn't do a licensed character, I'd be doing something extremely personal to me, symbolic of a person or event very important to my life. But with that being said, I do think Disney-related tattoos are awesome . . . well, except for the ones worthy of being featured on ugliest tattoos. :D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:51 am 
Collector's Edition

yes, and i have one. saw one similar when i was about 12... it was armband. typically, by the time i was old enough, the shop had closed up. a few years back, the guy re-opened and as soon as i knew he was the same artist, i was in asking about it. they had lost the original flash art, but found something similar online. it took about 9 hours over 3 days and cost $300NZD. i get many positive comments, mostly from older/retirement age ladies who insist on stopping to count them. even had one lady remember me from a previous "viewing", she grabbed my arm so her friend could see as well. rotfl

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:56 pm 
Gold Collection

Funny that this thread was just created because I just happen to be getting a Disney inspired tattoo in the next month or so. I'm getting "We're all mad here" on my inner forearm. I'd like to get it on my wrist but my wrist might be too small. I was originally going to get a cute sketch of Bambi on my wrist (which would symbolize my love for both Disney AND deers at the same time). But I decided I didn't want something so "cute", if that makes any sense. I can post a pic once I get it done if anyones interested :) This will be my first and maybe my only tattoo.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:58 pm 
Special Edition

Great thread!! I'm going to get a Disney tattoo, but I don't know when yet xD
I will get Ariel's signature on my forearm, because The Little Mermaid is the movie that made me want to be a Disney artist, also, I want to be a dad someday, and if I have a daughter, I will name her Ariel :D

Also I'd like to get Pocahontas arm band tatoo someday, but I don't know if I will ever decide to get it

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:56 pm 
Limited Edition

I would love love love to get Jack Sparrow's sparrow tattoo on my forearm, but I think I'm too much of a chicken to ever get it done xD

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:25 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Scarred4life wrote:
I would love love love to get Jack Sparrow's sparrow tattoo on my forearm, but I think I'm too much of a chicken to ever get it done xD

That would be all kinds of awesome, actually. :D

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:45 pm 
Limited Edition

enigmawing wrote:
Scarred4life wrote:

That would be all kinds of awesome, actually. :D

I think so! I would probably go for a smaller version than in the films though, partially because I have a small wrist, partially because I wouldn't want something too big.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:58 pm 
Platinum Edition

I have quite a few tattoos, and my first few were all Disney. I have mixed feelings about some of them (I kind of have wanted to tie them together somehow- I'm kind of like a sticker book with all my random tattoos :p). I have Dumbo, Tinker Bell, Sorcerer Mickey, Gurgi, The Fox and the Hound, and (one of my favorite tattoos on me) Aladdin/Jasmine/Abu/Carpet. I'm currently working on a Barbie sleeve, but I want to get a Princess sleeve on my other arm (of them sleeping actually, representing dreaming). I don't have the money and won't for a while to get any more tattoos in the near future.

I do want to get a Treasure Planet tattoo with "The world is still sleeping while I keep on dreaming for me" (from "I'm Still Here"), since it's one of my absolute favorite lines from any Disney song.

I think that tattoos can always be covered, whether made into a new tattoo or totally erased (yes, it costs money, but it can be done). And so many people in my generation have tattoos, whenever people mention, "but you'll be old and wrinkly with tattoos when you're older!", I mean, so will millions of other people, right? It'll be more accepted, I guess.