National Treasure 3

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

National Treasure 3

Post by Barbossa »

Some news about National Treasure 3:
http://www.movieweb.com/news/NEJdzMNO2WwlNN
National Treasure 3 Officially in the Works!

Today at the Walt Disney Studios Showcase, both Jerry Bruckheimer and Nicolas Cage came out on stage to officially announce the third film in the National Treasure franchise. Disney Chairman Richard W. Cooke, who presided over the event, invited the two men to step in front of the audience. He then asked, “How come Ben Gates never gets arrested?” And with that, Cage answered, “I guess well find out with National Treasure 3, wont we?”

Plot details were not discussed, but it was made clear that director Jon Turteltaub would be back behind the camera, with most of the original cast returning as well. The film is currently in development.

While no release date was announced, the film is rumored to be scheduled for the holiday season, 2010.

I wonder if we'll find out what's on page 47?
Simba3
Collector's Edition

Re: National Treasure 3

Post by Simba3 »

Barbossa wrote: I wonder if we'll find out what's on page 47?
That's what I'm thinking. I loved National Treasure 2, probably even better than the first. I was glad that they left the possibility for a third one open.
MickeyMousePal
Signature Collection

Post by MickeyMousePal »

Yeah, I read that in another Disney forum website.
The Simpsons Season 11 Buy it Now!

Fox Sunday lineup:

8:00 The Simpsons
8:30 King of the Hill
9:00 Family Guy
9:30 American Dad

Living in the 1980's:
daydreamer22010
Limited Issue

Re: National Treasure 3

Post by daydreamer22010 »

Barbossa wrote:Some news about National Treasure 3:

I wonder if we'll find out what's on page 47?
well according to this article (and wiki), even though the second film ended with the question about page 47 of the President's book of secrets, Turteltaub responded in a press interview that the idea was not set in stone as the basis for National Treasure 3.

http://hitsusa.com/blog/406/national-tr ... 3-page-47/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Treasure_3#Sequel

but who knows?..that article is almost a year old.
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

I guess Barack gets to find out what's on page 47 before the rest of us. :wink:
Jim's Jewel
Limited Issue

Post by Jim's Jewel »

Barbossa wrote:I guess Barack gets to find out what's on page 47 before the rest of us. :wink:
Hahahahaha! :lol:

I'm not surprised that they're doing a 3rd one. Everything seems to come in trilogies nowadays. But I can't wait for this one!
Disney Lover
Special Edition

Post by Disney Lover »

I'm not surprised either. I hope that we do get to find out what is on page 47. Definitly looking forward to NT3!
drfsupercenter
Anniversary Edition

Post by drfsupercenter »

Well, I almost knew they were making a third, since the second ended with the page 47 comment.

I hope it's still good, and not like Pirates 3!

Howard Ashman:
He gave a mermaid her voice, a beast his soul, and Arabs something to complain about
Arabian Nights (Unedited)
Savages (Uncensored)
If it ain't OTV, it ain't worth anything!
Black pearl
Gold Classic Collection
Location: Watching the video "Counterfeit Christians" by David Wilkerson, follow the link in my sig

Post by Black pearl »

Great! There is going to be a 3rd one!!! I also hope they go with the page 47 plot.
Barbossa wrote:
I guess Barack gets to find out what's on page 47 before the rest of us.
It's killing me to know what is on page 47 :lol: .
drfsupercenter wrote: I hope it's still good, and not like Pirates 3!
So is that what we are doing now? Diss pirates 3 (Or 2) every time a new trilogies comes out? I'm sure there are other crap two's & three's you could use, just for a change :lol:
If you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
Romans 10:9. 2 Timothy ch2 v 19, “ Everyone who confesses the name of the Lord must turn away from wickedness”.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW-J4MIcmtQ
kbehm29
Anniversary Edition

Post by kbehm29 »

A little news today about the writers:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/wonderco ... p?id=64789
Disneyland Trips: 1983, 1992, 1995, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2016, Aug 2018
Walt Disney World Trips: 1999, 2007, 2011, 2014, 2016, ~Dec 2018~, ~Apr 2019~
Favorite Disney Movies: Peter Pan, 101 Dalmatians, Tangled, The Princess and the Frog, Enchanted, FROZEN
Goliath
Diamond Edition

Post by Goliath »

I already thought the sequal was worthless, let alone that I would want to see a third part... I don't even remember anything about 'page 47', that's how unimpressed I was. The first film was okay, but nothing more than a quick cash-in to the Da Vinci-hype.
Scarred4life
Anniversary Edition

Post by Scarred4life »

^Quite on the contrary, I liked the sequel better then the original. But I'm not sure how a third one will turn out. Nevertheless, I'm definitely excited!
a-net-fan
Gold Classic Collection

Post by a-net-fan »

So cool. Im looking forward to this more then the new Pirates movie thats for sure!
JUST ANOTHER 27 YEAR OLD DISNEY BUFF.....
a-net-fan
Gold Classic Collection

Post by a-net-fan »

Goliath wrote:. The first film was okay, but nothing more than a quick cash-in to the Da Vinci-hype.
Am I incorrect in thinking the first National Treasure was released years before Da Vinci Code???
kbehm29
Anniversary Edition

Post by kbehm29 »

The Da Vinci Code was released to theaters on 5/19/06.

The original National Treasure was released on 11/19/04. Definitely not a copy cat film on Disney's part.

National Treasure 2 was more likely made because of the success of the first movie, not because of the success of the Da Vinci Code. It was released on 12/21/07.
Disneyland Trips: 1983, 1992, 1995, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2016, Aug 2018
Walt Disney World Trips: 1999, 2007, 2011, 2014, 2016, ~Dec 2018~, ~Apr 2019~
Favorite Disney Movies: Peter Pan, 101 Dalmatians, Tangled, The Princess and the Frog, Enchanted, FROZEN
a-net-fan
Gold Classic Collection

Post by a-net-fan »

kbehm29 wrote:The Da Vinci Code was released to theaters on 5/19/06.

The original National Treasure was released on 11/19/04. Definitely not a copy cat film on Disney's part.

National Treasure 2 was more likely made because of the success of the first movie, not because of the success of the Da Vinci Code. It was released on 12/21/07.
Thank you. I thought so. :) These are really great films!
SpringHeelJack
Platinum Edition

Post by SpringHeelJack »

Goliath refers to the book's hype, which was around in spades well before the film was released. It may not be a copycat film, but I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who would say the movie wasn't partly riding on that tidal wave.
"Ta ta ta taaaa! Look at me... I'm a snowman! I'm gonna go stand on someone's lawn if I don't get something to do around here pretty soon!"
Goliath
Diamond Edition

Post by Goliath »

a-net-fan wrote:Am I incorrect in thinking the first National Treasure was released years before Da Vinci Code???
You know 'The Da Vinci Code' was a hugely succesful book, right?
Hogi Bear
Special Edition
Location: New Zealand - Population: 60+ Million Sheep Origin: Unknown

Post by Hogi Bear »

After the Page 47 comment in the film, they better reveal the secret or they shouldn't tease us. It could be a great film and not knowing the what's on page 47 could ruin the film for everyone. Half joking though. :)

"They didn't reveal Page 47," comments one viewer (1).
"Okay time to engage Operation finding out Page 47" another viewer comments (2), while standing outside the Walt Disney Studio.

"Now do you think they have the secret here or at Jon Turteltaub's place?" viewer 1 asks.

"It'll probably be at Jerry Bruckheimer's place, just to keep us guessing" viewer 3 replies.
No signature needed - Kyoto Animation put out some beautiful animation
CampbellzSoup
Anniversary Edition

Post by CampbellzSoup »

These are actually not bad films at all so I don't midn a third at all - actually it makes sense to have 3 good quality movies, that's missing in this day and age a solid "triology" espcially from Disney.

Pirates and National Treasure will be awesome.